Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel 10:29 - Feb 8 with 4028 viewshorshamHoop

Don't think this has been posted. I am really pleased for him, I remember a lot of that Warnock season and the goal against Preston - defensive midfielder now, whatever works I guess

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/08/return-of-adel-taarabt-reinvent
Adel on 10:38 - Feb 8 with 3989 viewsPunteR

Defensive midfielder?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Adel on 10:40 - Feb 8 with 3988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"A few years later at QPR, Harry Redknapp described him “three stone overweight.” Both are probably close to being true."

Sigh..."Harry Redknapp...true."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel on 11:05 - Feb 8 with 3914 viewsrsonist

Think the article makes too light that he's playing next to Weigl doing the water carrying, but still, marvellous stuff.

In fairness his game at false 9 vs Chelsea - one of the great modern individual QPR peformances - was disciplined and intelligent as it gets.
Adel on 11:06 - Feb 8 with 3913 viewsTacticalR

On one level this is the strangest reinvention ever, but thinking about it Taarabt was always very difficult to knock off the ball, and could always pass (if in the mood).

Air hostess clique

Adel on 11:14 - Feb 8 with 3882 viewsrsonist

Adel on 11:06 - Feb 8 by TacticalR

On one level this is the strangest reinvention ever, but thinking about it Taarabt was always very difficult to knock off the ball, and could always pass (if in the mood).

Yeah there's a lot of old school "all-action snarling defensive" verbiage there but as a deep lying ~press resistant~ dribbler he's very on trend.

https://statsbomb.com/2019/03/the-modern-midfielder-ball-mover/
Adel on 11:27 - Feb 8 with 3853 viewsWestbourneR

Adel on 11:14 - Feb 8 by rsonist

Yeah there's a lot of old school "all-action snarling defensive" verbiage there but as a deep lying ~press resistant~ dribbler he's very on trend.

https://statsbomb.com/2019/03/the-modern-midfielder-ball-mover/

Definitely. I can see a role and player like Taraabt being someone like Guardiola’s wet dream.

In fact, watching those videos - I wouldn’t be surprised if one the top boys takes a punt on him again. He looks absolutely unplayable, some of the best individual performances I’ve ever seen.

God I love that man. I miss singing the song... and seeing Matt Mills meltdown as he guts nutmegged for the third time in a row.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Adel on 11:33 - Feb 8 with 3836 viewsTacticalR

Remember when Warnock said any player passing to Taarabt in our half would be fined?

Air hostess clique

Adel on 11:40 - Feb 8 with 3809 viewsjonno

Adel on 10:38 - Feb 8 by PunteR

Defensive midfielder?

Laughable. Can't tackle can't head the ball.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 11:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Adel on 11:42 - Feb 8 with 3797 viewsToast_R

He's too fat to get up and down. Basically doing what #announceRavel tried to do when he came on for one match about 3 seasons ago.
Adel on 11:43 - Feb 8 with 3796 viewsbosh67

Watching the video he has become a Stevie G type player. Much fitter and slimmer than ever before and much stronger. Still has all the skill and class but looks like a complete player now. Wish we could get him back! Exactly what we need and interesting to see how he sits in that Faurlin type position as well now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Adel on 11:50 - Feb 8 with 3765 viewsstowmarketrange

Adel on 11:43 - Feb 8 by bosh67

Watching the video he has become a Stevie G type player. Much fitter and slimmer than ever before and much stronger. Still has all the skill and class but looks like a complete player now. Wish we could get him back! Exactly what we need and interesting to see how he sits in that Faurlin type position as well now.

We’d get some fans moaning that he isn’t like the old Adel.
Adel on 12:00 - Feb 8 with 3733 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel on 11:40 - Feb 8 by jonno

Laughable. Can't tackle can't head the ball.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 11:41]

Watching videos, he certainly can tackle, and not being able to head the ball not such a big issue in the continental game.
Can't be that laughable, seeing as he's a regular and they've won 18 out of 19.

Bare bones.

Adel on 12:59 - Feb 8 with 3586 viewsBirminghamR

This is fantastic news.
Adel...Go...prove them all wrong...fulfil your potential...be a Champions League hero.
Rooting for you.
Adel on 13:40 - Feb 8 with 3497 viewsrunningman75

Good luck to him, he was always an intelligent player but needed man management which did not come from managers following Warnock being sacked. Exceptionally rare genius who our fans did not always appreciate. Also illustrated what a great manager Warnock was and the stupidity of sacking him in the Premier League.
Adel on 14:37 - Feb 8 with 3396 viewsvanrrrr

Still got it.
Adel on 14:55 - Feb 8 with 3359 viewsrsonist

Adel on 13:40 - Feb 8 by runningman75

Good luck to him, he was always an intelligent player but needed man management which did not come from managers following Warnock being sacked. Exceptionally rare genius who our fans did not always appreciate. Also illustrated what a great manager Warnock was and the stupidity of sacking him in the Premier League.

You've misremembered. After promotion Warnock couldn't or wouldn't handle him either.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/taarabt-set-to-
Adel on 16:07 - Feb 8 with 3270 viewsnottonyfernandes

https://mobile.twitter.com/maghribfoot/status/1223953877353017347
Wow, he’s even tackling.

I somewhat hate that this is only coming now in a contract year and I hope he keeps it up, lovely to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024