Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dom Ball 18:19 - Feb 15 with 4689 viewsWestbourneR

Take a bow. Absolutely the fighting heart of our team today and really making CM look like his. He’s big, committed, physical and can play. Tracks runners too.

BOS has to be MOTM but Ball and Eze close behind him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Dom Ball on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 4661 viewsLongsufferingR

...and Cameron! Definitely the best defensive midfield pairing we've tried out this season.
Dom Ball on 18:25 - Feb 15 with 4626 viewsDejR_vu

Ball’s massively underrated imo. Does his job well, not flash, keeps it simple, talks, has a bit of quality as well.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dom Ball on 18:34 - Feb 15 with 4567 viewsMatch82

Been pleasantly surprised by Ball this season, an excellent find on the cheap.
Dom Ball on 18:57 - Feb 15 with 4411 views100percent

Dom Ball on 18:25 - Feb 15 by DejR_vu

Ball’s massively underrated imo. Does his job well, not flash, keeps it simple, talks, has a bit of quality as well.

And he's only 24..... excellent find from warburton. gets better and better and leads from the front.....
Dom Ball on 18:59 - Feb 15 with 4395 viewsflynnbo

Also good to see him getting in the ref’s ear!
Dom Ball on 19:02 - Feb 15 with 4369 viewsnix

It was a fantastic team performance. Hughill was immense too. He didn't stop working and was absolutely knackered when he came off. He may sometimes miss from two yards but he never shirks and did some good link play as well as scoring.

I'm a big fan of Ball too. Love the fact he keeps talking and urging everyone on.
Dom Ball on 19:25 - Feb 15 with 4218 viewssdm1508

What I like about Ball is that he seems quite comfortable on the ball. I have seen a number of times this season where he has received the ball in a possibly awkward situation and just by opening himself up as he gets it he is able to move away from danger.
Dom Ball on 19:39 - Feb 15 with 4111 viewsLazyFan

I thought Ball played better in the last game. Cameron was impressive today.

But for me, Hugill was MoM today.

Terrorised their defence but this time not from bullying them, but by holding the ball up and laying it off, by making the correct runs even when nothing looks on, keeping the passes simple, supporting the other players by being always available. And then add to that by tackling back and a few key headers out of defence. He kept it simple and it worked. More like Helga today, less like Ahmed.

Need to put the golded contracts on Manning and BOS though.

BTW: It should have been 9, you have all forgotten the shirt pulling of Hall in the box. Clear pen that one.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Dom Ball on 20:11 - Feb 15 with 3959 viewssmegma

Dom Ball on 19:39 - Feb 15 by LazyFan

I thought Ball played better in the last game. Cameron was impressive today.

But for me, Hugill was MoM today.

Terrorised their defence but this time not from bullying them, but by holding the ball up and laying it off, by making the correct runs even when nothing looks on, keeping the passes simple, supporting the other players by being always available. And then add to that by tackling back and a few key headers out of defence. He kept it simple and it worked. More like Helga today, less like Ahmed.

Need to put the golded contracts on Manning and BOS though.

BTW: It should have been 9, you have all forgotten the shirt pulling of Hall in the box. Clear pen that one.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let's start a fight. I reckon Cameron was the boss today. Good to be able to have such an argument isn't it ??
Dom Ball on 21:21 - Feb 15 with 3733 viewseghamranger

Dom Ball on 20:11 - Feb 15 by smegma

Let's start a fight. I reckon Cameron was the boss today. Good to be able to have such an argument isn't it ??

Just seen the highlights on here as didn’t go today.

Think Butland was MOM .

Think he could have done better on every one of our goals.
He was decent a few years ago .
Dom Ball on 00:05 - Feb 16 with 3396 views1MoreBrightonR

At full time, we were debating who was man of the match. Hugill was def a contender and bos scored a great goal but ironically, I think there left back had him in his pocked most of the game until then.

Was actually very very impressed with eze... He wasn't spectacular but played incredibly calmly and had some fantastic touches to set up chances. It was a very mature performance and I'd probably give him man of the match.... Just.

Huge shout out to our defense who didn't look vulnerable on crosses which should be a big achievement but its a massive one this season!
Dom Ball on 02:38 - Feb 16 with 3253 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I said before and will say again, Eze is now at that level where an amazing performance is the norm for him. One of the best on the pitch but will not get the plaudits as it is just expected now. One of the best players at Loftus Road for a long time

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Dom Ball on 08:54 - Feb 16 with 2951 views100percent

Dom Ball on 21:21 - Feb 15 by eghamranger

Think Butland was MOM .

Was talking about butland with my son at the game yesterday. He seems to have gone down the joe hart route of goalkeeping... there was a decent goalkeeper in there a few seasons ago and now he looks void of confidence - seriously uncomfortable with the ball at his feet too.
He actually made a couple of decent one off saves yesterday, but overall looks completely lacking in confidence...
Dom Ball on 14:45 - Feb 16 with 2701 viewsPinnerPaul

Dom Ball on 21:21 - Feb 15 by eghamranger

Think Butland was MOM .

4th one was the only one he had a sniff of!
Dom Ball on 17:00 - Feb 16 with 2599 viewsMatch82

Dom Ball on 14:45 - Feb 16 by PinnerPaul

4th one was the only one he had a sniff of!

Disagree with that. Beaten at his near post for the first. Shouldn't get beaten from that angle from Bright either. Ezes goal he could have got to but most keepers wouldn't. Last goal I actually blame the defence
Dom Ball on 17:08 - Feb 16 with 2567 viewsPinnerPaul

Dom Ball on 17:00 - Feb 16 by Match82

Disagree with that. Beaten at his near post for the first. Shouldn't get beaten from that angle from Bright either. Ezes goal he could have got to but most keepers wouldn't. Last goal I actually blame the defence

I thought that live for the third one too, but look again, at Brights - its a brilliant finish in the FAR corner!
Dom Ball on 17:41 - Feb 16 with 2486 viewsLongsufferingR

Dom Ball on 02:38 - Feb 16 by RANGERS4EVER

I said before and will say again, Eze is now at that level where an amazing performance is the norm for him. One of the best on the pitch but will not get the plaudits as it is just expected now. One of the best players at Loftus Road for a long time

Yup, he was absolutely outstanding. So difficult to get the ball off him and even when he got trapped in tricky positions near our box, he worked the ball away with seemingly little fuss. Would love to see him get promoted with us but unfortunately we all know he'll be snapped up before then.
Dom Ball on 18:23 - Feb 16 with 2412 viewssexton

Remember the flack that went Warburton and the club's way when we signed Ball? Warbs had a reputation for signing players he'd worked with before - and here he was signing a player not good enough for Rotherham. Typical Warbs. We were warned.

But Ball has been fantastic. He's happy to take the ball in tight situations, he moves it quickly, he's got good vision, he looks hurt when we concede, he's passionate when we score.

What's not to like? He might not be Wilkins or Faurlin but he's great. Enjoy him.
Dom Ball on 19:53 - Feb 16 with 2315 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dom Ball on 17:00 - Feb 16 by Match82

My take.

Hugill - Near post/far post makes no difference if you have no-one covering the far post. So you cover as much of the goal as you can, which he did and did well. Hugill's shot was a bullet. No error.

Eze - from the moment BOS gathers it. Butland is too close to his line. When he does come he leaves a gap on his left and compounds it by going to ground right and too early. Not sure he'd have saved it anyway but he made it easy for Eze, who obliged. Error.

BOS - textbook positioning considering BOS had options for a cutback pass. Unstoppable shot. No error.

Chair - positioning good, couldn't dive early due to Hall's run in front. That stopped him going for a catching save and he had to go for a deflecting save. Poor palm out, though. Error.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dom Ball on 20:09 - Feb 16 with 2297 viewsCamberleyR

Dom Ball on 08:54 - Feb 16 by 100percent

Was talking about butland with my son at the game yesterday. He seems to have gone down the joe hart route of goalkeeping... there was a decent goalkeeper in there a few seasons ago and now he looks void of confidence - seriously uncomfortable with the ball at his feet too.
He actually made a couple of decent one off saves yesterday, but overall looks completely lacking in confidence...

I don't think Butland has been quite the same since that very bad broken ankle injury he picked up playing for England against Germany in 2016. He ultimately needed two further operations only coming back for the last few matches of the following season. A shame really as four years ago he looked a really good, promising keeper who was looking set to nail the England number one spot down.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024