Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR impressive - don't you think? 17:27 - Nov 21 with 6830 viewsGreenbay

That was arguably the R's best performance of the season against a side that will finish surely in the promotion hunt.
To bounce back from horrendous defensive errors to go 1-nil down within 3 minutes of the start and then to play with such quality was highly impressive.
And they maintained it throughout the match and improved even more when the subs came on Hamaleinen, Willock, Dykes - and uncle who was just a little disappointing with his crosses.
The speed at which the R's passed, the diagonal crosses and most notably the effort to defend when losing the ball was high quality.
And the equalising goal was a stunner - quick passes around the box - with Chair delivering a fine finish.
We deserved all three points.
Congratulations to all the players.
If only we can play like that every week!
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 5045 viewsessextaxiboy

Exactly , with over 100 points still to play for , if we play like that we will be fine ...
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:36 - Nov 21 with 5033 viewsstoweboy

Yes totally agree, throughly enjoyed the game , thought we were
the better team , wasn’t expecting much but was very pleasantly surprising
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:40 - Nov 21 with 4994 viewsPinnerPaul

and against Clive's better judgement, the 5 sub rule actually helped us.

Also imagine if Kane had had to go off, Watford could have been at a massive advantage after committing a pretty poor foul - as it was we could have brought on Kakay.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:41]
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:47 - Nov 21 with 4940 viewsPinnerPaul

Of course We ARE QPR, so any predictions for Tuesday.............................
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:55 - Nov 21 with 4871 viewsGreenbay

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:47 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

Of course We ARE QPR, so any predictions for Tuesday.............................

Yes - how about 3-1 to us? That's if we maintain our high standard of today.
I'm giving Rotherham a goal just in case.
I think the calm and decisive Dieng - he's a really good keeper - is now marshalling his troops in front of him. And they know they can rely on him.
So a clean sheet would be great with Dykes getting his first goal for us from open play.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 17:56 - Nov 21 with 4863 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought we played some nice football, substitutions in 2nd half just right. Niko playing brilliantly at left back, and Willock needs to start. Chair took his chance well and putting Willock on left allowed him to go into 10 role. Very physical side Watford and we matched them, good point won, let's now get 3 points against Rotherham.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:05 - Nov 21 with 4803 viewsstevec

Up there with the Bournemouth game then.

Wonder if ex Prem sides suit our style and it all unravels against the bread and butter sides of this Division.

Onto Rotherham.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:35 - Nov 21 with 4601 viewsLazyFan

Dieng 8:
Nothing he could do about the goal, but made some great saves. Especially cross that nearly went in on slow mo. A flick of the hand saved a certain goal. And the 1:1 where he stayed big.

Kane 6:
Decent and some nice attacking runs. Not really tested by their attack which was poor.

Masterson 6:
Asleep at the start of the game. Poor in the first half but improved in the second half. Needs to be focused as he could be called up anytime. He has played some International games so, we must assume he’s tired. Getting slated on twitter, but really he did not have a disaster game.

Barbet 7:
Faired pretty well, almost scored from the free-kick and should have had a penalty.

Wallace 5:
Looked well off the pace and offered nothing going forwards. Really its time for Niko.

Cameron 5:
Off the pace, not that sloppy this time but not in the game either. Really its time for a rest. Warbs likes him though as he thinks he protects the defence. I am not convinced he hangs back tactically as the reality is he actually cannot get forward and back in time. I think he knows this and spends 80% of the game hanging back.

Carroll 7:
Okay in the first half but was much better in the second. Played the ball forward, which didn’t always work but when it did, it caused them problems. He needs to keep doing that and not worry that sometimes we lose it.

Osayi-Samuel 6:
Did not trouble them greatly really. Back to the days of not much end product, at least got their LB a yellow and held up the ball well.

Ball 7:
Played well as a box-box midfielder. I would have kept him on, told him to DMC and taken Cameron off. Watford did not like playing against him, he annoyed them a lot :)

Chair 7:
Not really in it in the first half, improved in the 2nd half, but for the goal, watch he does something different. Yep, he makes a run INTO the box, not outside it. Their defence makes a mistake as Niko runs in committing them and then he’s free to receive the ball from Dykes. High-quality finish against a top keeper. Needs to play off Dykes for the full game not out on the wings.

Bonne 6:
Reasonable performance. Led the line okay in the first half. I also noticed his positioning and also passing has improved, along with hold up play. This must be due to coaching. He is improving.

Subs:
Hämäläinen 8:
Quality 45 mins where he turned the game around for us. Not only was he great going forwards with the sort of passes we expect from Chair or LTC, but he also had the pace to get back and cover his defence. I cannot remember him giving the ball away. I thought he was not ready, he has proved me wrong. Needs to be 1st choice and auto name on the team sheet now.

Uncle 6:
Not the best from Uncle today, he was not really on the pace. Crosses could have been better really.

Willock 7:
Caused them all sorts of problems. They were scared of him and its noticeable that Niko gets the space to start the run for the goal because Watford are trying to track Willock. Really it's about time he starts.

Dykes 6:
Caused them some problems, great awareness for the assist. But really needs to win more headers.

Overall:
A decent performance from conceding early. I was not that impressed with Watford and I am not sure it's down to us being great. Blackburn is still the best team I have seen us play this season.

We need to take Wallace, Cameron out of the team and replace with Niko, Willock. With Ball dropping back to DMC and Chair snuggling up top with Dykes. Time for Kaky to make a come back as well if Kane is injured. Also Dickie to come back and then this team should beat Rotherham.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:36 - Nov 21 with 4587 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good analysis, I think that's harsh on Geoff, though, who I thought played well.

Bare bones.

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:56 - Nov 21 with 4485 viewsNorthernr

Should have won that. The Dykes chance at the end if s gift. And at least one penalty should have been awarded.

Very encouraged with how we've played against both Watford and Bournemouth though. Got to follow up with a decent win on Tuesday though.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:09 - Nov 21 with 4406 viewsBrixtonR

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:35 - Nov 21 by LazyFan

Dieng 8:
Nothing he could do about the goal, but made some great saves. Especially cross that nearly went in on slow mo. A flick of the hand saved a certain goal. And the 1:1 where he stayed big.

Kane 6:
Decent and some nice attacking runs. Not really tested by their attack which was poor.

Masterson 6:
Asleep at the start of the game. Poor in the first half but improved in the second half. Needs to be focused as he could be called up anytime. He has played some International games so, we must assume he’s tired. Getting slated on twitter, but really he did not have a disaster game.

Barbet 7:
Faired pretty well, almost scored from the free-kick and should have had a penalty.

Wallace 5:
Looked well off the pace and offered nothing going forwards. Really its time for Niko.

Cameron 5:
Off the pace, not that sloppy this time but not in the game either. Really its time for a rest. Warbs likes him though as he thinks he protects the defence. I am not convinced he hangs back tactically as the reality is he actually cannot get forward and back in time. I think he knows this and spends 80% of the game hanging back.

Carroll 7:
Okay in the first half but was much better in the second. Played the ball forward, which didn’t always work but when it did, it caused them problems. He needs to keep doing that and not worry that sometimes we lose it.

Osayi-Samuel 6:
Did not trouble them greatly really. Back to the days of not much end product, at least got their LB a yellow and held up the ball well.

Ball 7:
Played well as a box-box midfielder. I would have kept him on, told him to DMC and taken Cameron off. Watford did not like playing against him, he annoyed them a lot :)

Chair 7:
Not really in it in the first half, improved in the 2nd half, but for the goal, watch he does something different. Yep, he makes a run INTO the box, not outside it. Their defence makes a mistake as Niko runs in committing them and then he’s free to receive the ball from Dykes. High-quality finish against a top keeper. Needs to play off Dykes for the full game not out on the wings.

Bonne 6:
Reasonable performance. Led the line okay in the first half. I also noticed his positioning and also passing has improved, along with hold up play. This must be due to coaching. He is improving.

Subs:
Hämäläinen 8:
Quality 45 mins where he turned the game around for us. Not only was he great going forwards with the sort of passes we expect from Chair or LTC, but he also had the pace to get back and cover his defence. I cannot remember him giving the ball away. I thought he was not ready, he has proved me wrong. Needs to be 1st choice and auto name on the team sheet now.

Uncle 6:
Not the best from Uncle today, he was not really on the pace. Crosses could have been better really.

Willock 7:
Caused them all sorts of problems. They were scared of him and its noticeable that Niko gets the space to start the run for the goal because Watford are trying to track Willock. Really it's about time he starts.

Dykes 6:
Caused them some problems, great awareness for the assist. But really needs to win more headers.

Overall:
A decent performance from conceding early. I was not that impressed with Watford and I am not sure it's down to us being great. Blackburn is still the best team I have seen us play this season.

We need to take Wallace, Cameron out of the team and replace with Niko, Willock. With Ball dropping back to DMC and Chair snuggling up top with Dykes. Time for Kaky to make a come back as well if Kane is injured. Also Dickie to come back and then this team should beat Rotherham.

Having strong Finnish connections it's Great to read that about Niko.
the Mighty Finn
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:13 - Nov 21 with 4390 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought the Bournemouth performance was better, but yeah that was up there. We need to take it to Rotherham though otherwise it's meaningless.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 4365 viewsNorthernr

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:13 - Nov 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thought the Bournemouth performance was better, but yeah that was up there. We need to take it to Rotherham though otherwise it's meaningless.

I'd love to see us go out and absolutely blitz the first 20 minutes on Tuesday. 4-1-4-1, Dykes up top, Chair, Willock, Bright and Adomah all at once, let's fcking go for it. We're playing pretty well - really good at Bournemouth, good 20 mins at Barnsley before the red, good 45 v cardiff, excellent 90 at Derby and very good again today. Would love us to just really put the rounds of the kitchen through a team and build that belief and confidence.

QPR 0-1 Rotherham.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:31 - Nov 21 with 4309 viewsactonman

Chuffed with the result but p!ssed off we didn’t nick all 3 points at the same time . Enjoyed the game , my neighbours probably not so much listening to me shouting but they are a pair of cnts so never mind
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:46 - Nov 21 with 4251 viewsNed_Kennedys

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:36 - Nov 21 by Antti_Heinola

Good analysis, I think that's harsh on Geoff, though, who I thought played well.

Agree about Cameron, ridiculous to criticise him for hanging back when he plays the defensive midfield role. Thought he had a very good game today, and has defied the predictions of those who doubted he could last a full game most weeks.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:58 - Nov 21 with 4186 viewsted_hendrix

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:13 - Nov 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Rotherham are not there for the taking, lets give them some respect and not just expect to beat them, they are in this division by merit (not aimed directly at you btw).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 20:12 - Nov 21 with 4129 viewsStanisgod

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 18:35 - Nov 21 by LazyFan

Dieng 8:

Kane 6:

Masterson 6:

Barbet 7:

Wallace 5:

Cameron 5:

Carroll 7:

Osayi-Samuel 6:

Ball 7:

Chair 7:

Bonne 6:

Subs:
Hämäläinen 8:

Uncle 6:

Willock 7:

Dykes 6:

Overall:

Though Cameron had a good game today.
BOS you must have watched a different game, ripped their bloke a new one, went past people, not his fault no one gambling on his balls in.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 20:22 - Nov 21 with 4058 viewsHunterhoop

Agree. The game I saw was:

Dieng - 7
Kane - 6
Masterson - 6
Barbet - 6
Wallace - 3
Cameron - 6
Ball - 6
Carroll - 7
BOS - 8
Chair - 8
Bonne - 5

Subs:
Niko - 7
Willock - 7
Dykes - 6
Adomah - 6

The better team but poor in both boxes. BOS was the most dangerous attacking player on the pitch! Dykes seems to be finding ways to not score, although he is at least getting into better positions.

Our defending at set pieces is embarrassing still. Forget the goal, we then allowed a further 3 completely free headers from corners that really should have been scored not headed wide/over. Dykes was “marking” their player for two of them. Not the first time he has completely lost his man at a corner.

My takeaway was that if we had a Wells or Hugill, we win that game 2-1. If we could defend set pieces, we win 1-0. But on the balance of chances created/gifted, a draw is fair.

Need to step up and win on Tues now.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 20:31 - Nov 21 with 4025 viewsjoolsyp

A big shout out to LTC who I thought had one of his best games yet for us (in either spell). When he has Cameron and Ball around him to do the physical stuff it leaves him time to get on the ball look up and pick out a pass or recycle the ball quickly which really helps us in our transitions ... plus he did some good defensive work today. Yes he's a bit lightweight, yes he's prone to giving the ball away sometimes but he played like a quarter-back today picking up the ball from Dieng or the centre-backs and looking to push us forward. Other than the delightful outside of the left foot cross for Dykes's 'goal' (which would have had us creaming ourselves if had been Eze or Taraabt) he also played one incredible blind reverse pass (can't remember to who) that really showed his prem quality.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 20:51 - Nov 21 with 3939 viewsNorthernr

Must have played pretty well because it's quiet on here tonight.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 21:44 - Nov 21 with 3799 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 20:22 - Nov 21 by Hunterhoop

Agree. The game I saw was:

Dieng - 7
Kane - 6
Masterson - 6
Barbet - 6
Wallace - 3
Cameron - 6
Ball - 6
Carroll - 7
BOS - 8
Chair - 8
Bonne - 5

Subs:
Niko - 7
Willock - 7
Dykes - 6
Adomah - 6

The better team but poor in both boxes. BOS was the most dangerous attacking player on the pitch! Dykes seems to be finding ways to not score, although he is at least getting into better positions.

Our defending at set pieces is embarrassing still. Forget the goal, we then allowed a further 3 completely free headers from corners that really should have been scored not headed wide/over. Dykes was “marking” their player for two of them. Not the first time he has completely lost his man at a corner.

My takeaway was that if we had a Wells or Hugill, we win that game 2-1. If we could defend set pieces, we win 1-0. But on the balance of chances created/gifted, a draw is fair.

Need to step up and win on Tues now.

I'd pretty much concur with the bones of that, based on what I watched. We had one or two moments, scored a lovely goal, competed well, kept going and looked the likelier to win at the end, but, for me, too often frustrated and flattered to deceive through a lack of cohesion, poor delivery and/or footballing quality, while playing an enormous part in their lead and coming close to conceding from yet another free header at a set piece for 0-2 and probably game over. Clearly, the team is still evolving, so it's really a question of how much further it can develop. Our finely crafted goal aside, the final ball, bit of vision or devilry you need wasn't there to win the game, though a draw against erstwhile Prem opposition is still a creditable result.

Positives -

Dieng - radiates composure and confidence

BOS - still not on fire, but still smouldering. Worked hard, showed for the ball, and always a threat the opposition are drawn to double up on. Need him fit and firing.

Kane - much improved and certainly deserving of more than the meagre 6 awarded by another poster. Constantly got forward to join the attack. Could probably do a job in right midfield. A solid 8.

Willock - some flickers and flashes of a really gifted player at this level. I hope we can grow him.

Chair - blew hot and cold as his wont, but constant commitment and a well-taken goal. How far can he go?

Negatives/Gripes

Barbet - unlucky with his free kick and with a proper referee would have won that penalty, but a player I continue to find harder to like than dislike. One stupid chop in the 2nd half on their winger, and a quite stupendously ridiculous crossfield clearance from our box direct to one of theirs to that even London singled out as strange. Get the feeling, though, he's very much Warburton's cup of cappuccino come what may, so seemingly undroppable.

Carroll - had a couple of flashes of quality, but, from the game I was watching, mosly varied from appalling to average. Gives it away, concedes free kicks, and lacks stature, reliability and bite. Unfortunately, Amos' fate means less pressure on his position. Curiously, his performance today seemed to split peeps down the middle - does anyone have stats for him to help arbitrate?

Dykes - Had a skilful hand in the goal (as well as a stupid hand in his 'goal') and seems to have been stymied by injury and internationals, but his timing seems to continue off, symbolised by his stupid 'winner' that earned him a booking. Needs to develop more canniness, get on the end of things, and be coached properly to fit into this team, and start scoring more than the odd cannonball pen. However, the Warburmeister's preference for playing with a single striker, even at home, probably doesn't help him, and his pickings continue slimmer than I'd - and perhaps he'd - like.

On the Fence

Masterson - chalk and cheese: crass sub-schoolboy miskick for their goal, headed off the bar at the other end. Still learning, and hence gaffe-prone, but I do see talent and promise. A better defender than Barbet alongside him would help.

Referee - another Championship scandal. Are these officials even trained? Missed with the help of his gormless linesman one if not two good penalty claims, and generally reffed in ways that create the conditions for players to get hurt and hence take things into their own hands. The assaults on Kane and Willock (I think) in the 2nd half stood out like sore thumbs and his infuriating facilitation of pulling and holding at corners reminded me of one of the many reasons I've fallen out of a lot of love with professional football at this level. That said, good to see us more aggressively appealing for decisions though, I guess - are we becoming a little less nice ourselves?

Overall, I'd give us a creditable 7 minus against likely playoff contenders, but still bags of room for improvement. Hopefully, the manager's saying the same.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 21:50]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 21:56 - Nov 21 with 3770 viewsQPRSteve

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:17 - Nov 21 by Northernr

I'd love to see us go out and absolutely blitz the first 20 minutes on Tuesday. 4-1-4-1, Dykes up top, Chair, Willock, Bright and Adomah all at once, let's fcking go for it. We're playing pretty well - really good at Bournemouth, good 20 mins at Barnsley before the red, good 45 v cardiff, excellent 90 at Derby and very good again today. Would love us to just really put the rounds of the kitchen through a team and build that belief and confidence.

QPR 0-1 Rotherham.

I'd love us to do that too, but it's a lot of work for the poor sod playing in front of the defence
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 22:01 - Nov 21 with 3756 viewsA40Bosh

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 20:12 - Nov 21 by Stanisgod

Though Cameron had a good game today.
BOS you must have watched a different game, ripped their bloke a new one, went past people, not his fault no one gambling on his balls in.

I also thought Cameron was worth a 7 today. Worked so hard

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 22:09 - Nov 21 with 3725 viewsNorthernr

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 21:56 - Nov 21 by QPRSteve

I'd love us to do that too, but it's a lot of work for the poor sod playing in front of the defence

Did it a few times last season to get Hugill and Wells in the team together - went 4132 instead of 4231.
QPR impressive - don't you think? on 23:14 - Nov 21 with 3512 viewsMyke

QPR impressive - don't you think? on 19:58 - Nov 21 by ted_hendrix

Rotherham are not there for the taking, lets give them some respect and not just expect to beat them, they are in this division by merit (not aimed directly at you btw).

I agree. Any talks of blitzing them somewhat premature as they are only only 2 points behind us. Will settle for a dominant overall performance as per second half today, with any kind of a victory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024