Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans 11:14 - Jan 11 with 2226 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We knew that Masterson would be heading out but I'm surprised about Bettache. Even if we get a central midfielder in we're still very short of central midfielders, I would have thought.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-lined-up-for-loan-moves?utm_campaign

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:20 - Jan 11 with 2193 viewsnadera78

Warburton has shown no sign of wanting to play Bettache, apart from half hour in the cup, and that's despite our obvious shortcomings in that position. At 20 years of age he needs to be playing every week, it's a waste of time him sitting in the stand watching (he also needs to get in the gym, he's tiny).
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:33 - Jan 11 with 2136 viewsBklynRanger

Shouldn't he have a look to see how this new Dutch maestro fits in first?

Hopefully that's the plan anyway and send Connor out in a couple of weeks time (?).
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:35 - Jan 11 with 2122 viewskensalriser

Thought Bettache looked quite useful yesterday. But I'm sure he'd benefit from getting games under his belt.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 11:41]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:36 - Jan 11 with 2106 viewsMyke

Yes it seems to be about getting them game time. Unfortunately Masterson's career really seems to have stalled. 12 months ago was going out on loan, did well against Swansea and then Leeds and got a good few games under his belt. You would have thought with the departure of Hall and Leistner he would have kicked on. Really with Dickie coming up from L1 and Barbet being iffy to say the least, he should have been pushing hard to start. But he has looked poor enough when he has played. As Nix said on a different thread it is harder this season with the added pressure of being down near the bottom. Hopefully, he will get a run of games in L1 and come back stronger next season.
Bettache, I can really comment. Obviously a neat and tidy player, but needs games and clearly is not getting them here,
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:40 - Jan 11 with 2081 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:36 - Jan 11 by Myke

Yes it seems to be about getting them game time. Unfortunately Masterson's career really seems to have stalled. 12 months ago was going out on loan, did well against Swansea and then Leeds and got a good few games under his belt. You would have thought with the departure of Hall and Leistner he would have kicked on. Really with Dickie coming up from L1 and Barbet being iffy to say the least, he should have been pushing hard to start. But he has looked poor enough when he has played. As Nix said on a different thread it is harder this season with the added pressure of being down near the bottom. Hopefully, he will get a run of games in L1 and come back stronger next season.
Bettache, I can really comment. Obviously a neat and tidy player, but needs games and clearly is not getting them here,

Same with Bansal-McNulty, same age as Faisal and learning his trade at Como. I have high hopes for Amrit as he seemed to be the nearest we had to the next Chair/ Eze but he will be 21 in March and needs to push on now IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:47 - Jan 11 with 2029 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rather scarily perhaps I think he sees Thomas as cover for the midfield. But he did look a bit more like a footballer on Saturday and deserves a chance.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:09 - Jan 11 with 1927 viewsstevec

Let’s face it, we need pros who can turn this season around and they don’t fit into that category.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:18 - Jan 11 with 1876 viewsnadera78

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:40 - Jan 11 by Esox_Lucius

Same with Bansal-McNulty, same age as Faisal and learning his trade at Como. I have high hopes for Amrit as he seemed to be the nearest we had to the next Chair/ Eze but he will be 21 in March and needs to push on now IMO.

I think Bansal-McNulty has returned to the club. Only played a couple of games in Italy.
Login to get fewer ads

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:19 - Jan 11 with 1872 viewsdaveB

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:47 - Jan 11 by Watford_Ranger

Rather scarily perhaps I think he sees Thomas as cover for the midfield. But he did look a bit more like a footballer on Saturday and deserves a chance.

Thomas has looked ok on the rare occasions he has played
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:25 - Jan 11 with 1838 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:19 - Jan 11 by daveB

Thomas has looked ok on the rare occasions he has played

Thought he did fine on Saturday. At Millwall he looked like he’d never seen a football before. Honestly can’t even remember what other games he came on for.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:26 - Jan 11 with 1828 viewsqprd

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:35 - Jan 11 by kensalriser

Thought Bettache looked quite useful yesterday. But I'm sure he'd benefit from getting games under his belt.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 11:41]

couldnt agree more, seems a decent player, lovely left foot and can pick a pass

not sure about his physicality at this time and his lack of a right foot is glaring (tho same could be said of tom carroll)

i think its a shame MW left him unused in so many games instead insisting on flogging cameron 90 mins every match

we better be f'ing confident we can have a replacement or two in midfield b/c we are one injury away from having no depth whatsoever
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:27 - Jan 11 with 1813 viewsGloucs_R

I would at Kelman to that loan list too.

Great promise, needs games.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:29 - Jan 11 with 1802 viewsMyke

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:25 - Jan 11 by Watford_Ranger

Thought he did fine on Saturday. At Millwall he looked like he’d never seen a football before. Honestly can’t even remember what other games he came on for.

He came on right wing second half against Brentford and looked busy first 15 mins. Then Adomah, came on, Thomas moved more central and disappeared
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:41 - Jan 11 with 1754 viewsDixie_CT

Think it is criminal that he hasn’t used Bettache more. Cameron has been woeful at times, Ball has been better but can turn from Premier League to National Conference South in a matter of seconds plus looks to be treading water when tracking runners and Tom Carroll, a lucky and useful signing that has been a positive, needs a bit more support from players alongside him who can technically keep and move the ball otherwise he becomes the focus for the opposition and gets clamped quite easily.

Plus, must be demoralising sitting on the bench every single game and not have 5/10 minutes here or there. Says there is no trust and from the short occasions he has had, it look like Bettache can hold his own.

Masterson needs a decent and dirty time on loan in League One alongside a pure defender. Toughen him up, learn to be less naive and a bit more clever as he is very raw sometimes.

Playing both on Saturday would have been an option that meant we got something out of the experience rather than a demoralising defeat with the same onions in place.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 1751 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:18 - Jan 11 by nadera78

I think Bansal-McNulty has returned to the club. Only played a couple of games in Italy.

Como are on a winter break ATM.

The grass is always greener.

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:43 - Jan 11 with 1736 viewsPhilmyRs

I think it's the right thing to do with Bettache. I think we made a mistake not securing him a loan move at the start of the season with the option to re-call him depending on how it went. Think MW was persuaded to keep him based on his pre-season form but in hindsight he probably regrets this given his lack of game time.

Like Chair when he went out on loan a while ago, I can see Bettache coming back a better player. Masterson is more of a worry. He looked good early on but regressed a bit. A decent 15/20 games on loan with our coaching team paying close attention to how he performs, feels like a sensible move to me.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 12:44]
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:49 - Jan 11 with 1701 viewsMyke

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:41 - Jan 11 by Dixie_CT

Think it is criminal that he hasn’t used Bettache more. Cameron has been woeful at times, Ball has been better but can turn from Premier League to National Conference South in a matter of seconds plus looks to be treading water when tracking runners and Tom Carroll, a lucky and useful signing that has been a positive, needs a bit more support from players alongside him who can technically keep and move the ball otherwise he becomes the focus for the opposition and gets clamped quite easily.

Plus, must be demoralising sitting on the bench every single game and not have 5/10 minutes here or there. Says there is no trust and from the short occasions he has had, it look like Bettache can hold his own.

Masterson needs a decent and dirty time on loan in League One alongside a pure defender. Toughen him up, learn to be less naive and a bit more clever as he is very raw sometimes.

Playing both on Saturday would have been an option that meant we got something out of the experience rather than a demoralising defeat with the same onions in place.

Agree with this. Must have been afraid a hammering would have cost him his job. A full game for Masterson and resting Cameron for Luton would have made more sense and give 30 mins (an hour if it went to ET) to Bettache.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 14:00 - Jan 11 with 1507 viewsqprd

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:27 - Jan 11 by Gloucs_R

I would at Kelman to that loan list too.

Great promise, needs games.

agreed

i thought kelman had his worst performance to date against fulham... hes going to be a good player, i am very confident in that... but he is still so young and needs regular game time at a slightly lower level
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 15:26 - Jan 11 with 1367 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 12:18 - Jan 11 by nadera78

Bansal-McNulty looked the best of the U23 players when I watched quite a few of their games last season. Either get him a loan at a decent standard for the rest of the season or put him on the bench as he would be a good option to bring on when Chair tires (he’s about Chair’s size as well).
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 04:48 - Jan 12 with 1065 viewsessextaxiboy

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 14:00 - Jan 11 by qprd

agreed

i thought kelman had his worst performance to date against fulham... hes going to be a good player, i am very confident in that... but he is still so young and needs regular game time at a slightly lower level

I am not sure , I work with a young fella who wathes Southend home and away . He reckons Kelman scored one wonder goal and nothing else . He almost starts laughing when he asks me how Kelman is doing .
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 06:58 - Jan 12 with 1000 viewsozexile

This won't be a popular opinion but if they can't get in our team they'd struggle to get game time in League 1. We'd finish mid table in league 1 with this team.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 08:26 - Jan 12 with 872 viewsRangersw12

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 14:00 - Jan 11 by qprd

agreed

I don't think Kelman can go on loan as he's played for us and Southend this season
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 08:32 - Jan 12 with 856 viewsstevec

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 15:26 - Jan 11 by Ned_Kennedys

Bansal-McNulty looked the best of the U23 players when I watched quite a few of their games last season. Either get him a loan at a decent standard for the rest of the season or put him on the bench as he would be a good option to bring on when Chair tires (he’s about Chair’s size as well).

These days we do set the bar low here but in the case of the youth side I get the impression we have a literal bar set at 5 foot 9 and if you need to limbo under it then you ain’t coming in.
Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 09:15 - Jan 12 with 761 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 11:20 - Jan 11 by nadera78

Warburton has shown no sign of wanting to play Bettache, apart from half hour in the cup, and that's despite our obvious shortcomings in that position. At 20 years of age he needs to be playing every week, it's a waste of time him sitting in the stand watching (he also needs to get in the gym, he's tiny).

Ok, but we still need a central midfielder or two on the bench. We've had hardly any injuries this season, for which Warburton and the Sports Science team both deserve credit, but we still need options on the bench as we can't just expect it to stay like that as the season continues.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 09:47 - Jan 12 with 685 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bettache and Masterson Set For Loans on 04:48 - Jan 12 by essextaxiboy

I am not sure , I work with a young fella who wathes Southend home and away . He reckons Kelman scored one wonder goal and nothing else . He almost starts laughing when he asks me how Kelman is doing .

half this board spent the first 18 months of Eze's career saying he was lazy and overrated.
More than half this board slagged off Phillips, Bidwell, Furlong, Hoilett etc as not being good enough, etc etc, and 3/4 of them have won promotion since leaving us and the other might this year.
I include myself in this, but fans generally are one of the least reliable barometers of who is and isn't a good player that you could ever find.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024