Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
best ever header in a Rangers shirt 17:54 - Apr 30 with 4072 viewsbollockchops

Bradley Allen for me,great power
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 18:41 - Apr 30 with 2521 viewsbosh67

Bradley Allen was a pretty good player for us. 27 goals in 81 appearances. Roughly 1 in 3. His first goal is very similar in skill to Clive's goal against West Ham. His second, the header, I still think is going in now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 19:58 - Apr 30 with 2422 viewsqpr_1968

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 18:41 - Apr 30 by bosh67

Bradley Allen was a pretty good player for us. 27 goals in 81 appearances. Roughly 1 in 3. His first goal is very similar in skill to Clive's goal against West Ham. His second, the header, I still think is going in now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:06 - Apr 30 with 2399 viewsCiderwithRsie

Remarkable set of occurrences there
- Great header scored by one of our strikers in 1991-2, and it's not Les Ferdinand
- Martin Allen getting praised for his skill
- Tim Breacker scoring.

Seriously I think Allen's turn and shot is the better goal, given he was unmarked for the header. Excellent player for us, I've always been a bit surprised that he didn't establish himself as Ferdinand's strike partner. Penrice was very good for us too, but on the whole I think Allen's best was better than Penrice's.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:07 - Apr 30 with 2396 viewsdaveB

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:25 - Apr 30 with 2367 viewsqpr_1968

not bad from wilkins.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:30 - Apr 30 with 2349 viewsToast_R

Best header I ever did see, Claudio Caniggia equaliser against Italy at world cup 90.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:33 - Apr 30 with 2357 viewsBoston

The best header award was discussed on another board some years ago. The winning entry occurred in Nottingham, when one well hydrated Russell Chapman (Chappers), tripped over his own 9' legs and went head first straight into the concrete pavement.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:35 - Apr 30 with 2352 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

*Edit - Sorry it's a Facebook video but it's Ryan Manning with a great header leaving John Terry face first in the mud.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 21:07]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 2334 viewsNorthernr

Devon White striding onto immaculate David Bardsley service and top binning it from 15 yards out harder than most people can kick it v Ipswich 93/94 is up there.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:44 - Apr 30 with 2328 viewsQPRSteve

Johnny Collins v Hull 1966. Hat trick of headers in a 3-3 draw. Went off concussed after heading the post.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:05 - Apr 30 with 2288 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2:08
Could be anyone of half a dozen from Les, but the one at Leeds is astonishing. None of this "angle too straight for a header" malarkey, just get Super Ray to put a bit of bend on it and line-drive one at exactly the right speed, height and distance and then get Les to rise a minute early, hang in the air for another two or three minutes and then boom a header perfectly back across and just inside the post.

And if you could then please get the opposition goalie to not even pretend-dive and to sink his hands, shoulders and head slowly downwards as he realises, too late in his life, far, far too late in his life that if football was another art like, say, painting, his job is just to wash the brushes and present them to Les who cracks his knuckles and smiles as he magics another blank canvas into a masterpiece.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:10 - Apr 30 with 2267 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yes Brian that's the one from Sir Les I was thinking of too but couldn't remember which game. Great stuff!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:24 - Apr 30 with 2242 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Watching that reminded me how good Clive Wilson was.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 22:09 - Apr 30 with 2173 viewsMrSheen

Paul Furlong at home against Wigan in 2004 or Bob Hazell own goal at Upton Park about 1980.

Ooooooh, how could I forget Terry Fenwick at Wembley?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 22:10]
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 22:09 - Apr 30 with 2173 viewsderbyhoop

Helguson at Stoke when we won 3-2 and Luke Young scored.

In my playing days ( a long time ago) we were playing a Cup match where our skipper thought he could bend 1 into the far post. It was going about 5 yards wide when I caught it smack on the middle of my forehead. I was 8 yards out and it hit the back of the net at my head height, with the keeper getting out of the way.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 22:26 - Apr 30 with 2131 viewsloftus77

The 'best' in terms of the most historically famous for QPR:

Step forward Terry Fenwick in 1982....
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:19 - Apr 30 with 2052 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand's diving header v Man City has to be up there

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:36 - Apr 30 with 2031 viewsMyke

Mackie's v Man City was quite remarkable - even more so when you consider who provided the assist!
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:50 - Apr 30 with 2016 viewsBrianMcCarthy

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:19 - Apr 30 by daveB

Ferdinand's diving header v Man City has to be up there

No doubt. (sorry, I'm re-watching The Wire, bru).

No matter how many times I see that goal I can't figure out how he lays off and gets there for the cross.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:58 - Apr 30 with 2009 viewsloftboy

I seem to remember Danny Maddix nearly taking the nets off away at Southampton one season.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 10:59]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 00:02 - May 1 with 2006 viewsMrSheen

Honorary award to Jamie Pollock.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 07:37 - May 1 with 1874 viewsdmm

This one's not bad

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 08:23 - May 1 with 1833 viewsdannyblue

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 07:37 - May 1 by dmm

This one's not bad

Was just coming on to say this one deserves a mention
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 08:45 - May 1 with 1816 viewsFrankRightguard

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:58 - Apr 30 by loftboy

I seem to remember Danny Maddix nearly taking the nets off away at Southampton one season.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 10:59]

That was one I was thinking of. When Maddix headed a ball, it stayed headed!
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 09:10 - May 1 with 1796 viewsdmm

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:33 - Apr 30 by Boston

The best header award was discussed on another board some years ago. The winning entry occurred in Nottingham, when one well hydrated Russell Chapman (Chappers), tripped over his own 9' legs and went head first straight into the concrete pavement.

Where did Chappers disappear to? I've not seen him at HQ for many years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024