Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton 10:39 - Aug 8 with 4350 viewspaulhoop2

So who wants a cup run ? Who wants MB to do a Warnock and concentrate on the league ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Charlton on 10:45 - Aug 8 with 2658 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As ever, full team out if fit please.

I think that Amos and Willock would be deemed unfit to start even if this was a league game, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlton on 10:51 - Aug 8 with 2619 viewsdaveB

don't worry about cup run just go out and try and win the next game.

I'd want a similar approach to Warburton in givng a few players a chance but keeping as many of the first team involved as possible. We didn't get much of a pre season so this might help
Charlton on 10:55 - Aug 8 with 2596 viewsfrancisbowles

The squad's missing a few already and reinforcements haven't arrived. I don't think we can afford to lose Johansen, Dickie, Kakay or Paal. Put in Dozell, Masterson, Adomah and Hamalainen. Maybe give Bonne and Walsh starts as well.
Charlton on 10:57 - Aug 8 with 2571 viewsozexile

Charlton on 10:55 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

The squad's missing a few already and reinforcements haven't arrived. I don't think we can afford to lose Johansen, Dickie, Kakay or Paal. Put in Dozell, Masterson, Adomah and Hamalainen. Maybe give Bonne and Walsh starts as well.

I want my club to win every game. That's why we exist, to win Football matches.
Charlton on 10:59 - Aug 8 with 2560 viewsnix

Mostly this but I might start Roberts or at least give him a nice chunk of time in the second half.
Charlton on 11:04 - Aug 8 with 2551 viewsdaveB

We coukd lose any of them in training or in pre season games but never pull them out of those.
Charlton on 11:09 - Aug 8 with 2519 viewsCiderwithRsie

I would like, at very least, a cup stagger before we sit by the side of the track breathing heavily and wondering where we left our fags.
Charlton on 11:14 - Aug 8 with 2502 viewsnix

Charlton on 11:04 - Aug 8 by daveB

We coukd lose any of them in training or in pre season games but never pull them out of those.

The thing about cup games against lower division sides is they can get quite physical with agricultural tackles flying in. Pre-season and training are much more measured, unless you're Dom Ball.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlton on 11:17 - Aug 8 with 2491 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlton on 11:04 - Aug 8 by daveB

True but those are essential and minutes are carefully managed but it still goes wrong.

I guess I'm just a bit more cautious than you Dave. I know you will also remember we lost Buzsacky, Mackie and Faurlin to long term injuries in cup ties. We have a lot of games coming up.

Besides, Johansen had treatment twice on Saturday and we have recollections of his problems last season. The others need minutes too and it's also a chance for Albert to captain the side. With the exception of Stef, we would probably have to have the other rested players on the bench.

Be interesting to see what MB does.
Charlton on 11:33 - Aug 8 with 2456 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-lined-up-for-debuts-against-charlton

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Charlton on 11:46 - Aug 8 with 2416 viewsted_hendrix

Charlton on 11:14 - Aug 8 by nix

The thing about cup games against lower division sides is they can get quite physical with agricultural tackles flying in. Pre-season and training are much more measured, unless you're Dom Ball.

You'd be a mug to get agricultural with Armstrong, he's one hell of a bloody unit scares me half to death just looking at the bloke.

I want another win please.

I like wins.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlton on 11:58 - Aug 8 with 2383 viewsSydneyRs

Definitely not worth risking WIllock. Far too soon with him having no pre-season and playing most of Saturday's game.
Charlton on 11:58 - Aug 8 with 2384 viewsderbyhoop

I want us to win games, including the 1st round if the only Cup competition we've ever won.

A few changes would be OK, eg resting Willock, dykes and JoJo, but otherwise strongest available side.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Charlton on 12:09 - Aug 8 with 2346 viewsdaveB

Charlton on 11:17 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

True but those are essential and minutes are carefully managed but it still goes wrong.

I guess I'm just a bit more cautious than you Dave. I know you will also remember we lost Buzsacky, Mackie and Faurlin to long term injuries in cup ties. We have a lot of games coming up.

Besides, Johansen had treatment twice on Saturday and we have recollections of his problems last season. The others need minutes too and it's also a chance for Albert to captain the side. With the exception of Stef, we would probably have to have the other rested players on the bench.

Be interesting to see what MB does.

you obviously need to be sensible and players carrying knocks or coming back from injury obviously don't risk then but should be at least 6 of Saturdays team starting, they are just as likely to get injured at Sunderland next week.
Charlton on 12:18 - Aug 8 with 2312 viewsstevec

Have we actually got a reserve side we could put out?

Given what happened last season I’d prefer we stuck the under 23’s out there and got the hell out of it. On the other hand, 3rd round isn’t until November so maybe it won’t get in the way so much.

Not bothered either way.
Charlton on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 2270 viewsaston_hoop

I'd want to go strong but think there will be changes. Amos and Willock the obvious ones to sit out but wonder if Johansen does too, maybe Dozzell plays his role and then someone like Charlie Owens comes in to the midfield. Bonne probably gets a start too against his old club, Roberts starts alongside Chair (assuming Chair's had any sleep in the last week since becoming a dad!)

We can pick 9 on the subs bench for this one I believe so expect to see the likes of Gubbins and Drewe popping up for some minutes at some stage perhaps
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 12:29]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Charlton on 12:38 - Aug 8 with 2230 viewsDavieQPR

Can see most of the first team squad that haven't got minutes under their belts playing. No good having all these subs for league games if they are not match fit.
Charlton on 12:49 - Aug 8 with 2199 viewsTomS

Reflecting on the second half performances in several of our pre-season matches, where the limitations beyond the 1st XI were exposed. If we did go with a pre-announced policy of selecting the reserve team for the League Cup, would many go to the match?
Charlton on 13:04 - Aug 8 with 2155 viewsaston_hoop

Just realised its commentary only for us overseas fans. Assume its unlikely a stream becomes available.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Charlton on 13:15 - Aug 8 with 2102 viewsJames_Paddocks

With the cost of fuel, train strikes etc, my bank account could really do without a League Cup run this season.
Charlton on 13:15 - Aug 8 with 2100 viewsdmm

At this point in the season giving a few fringe players the chance to play might put them in the transfer window for a loan out, or even a perm. If Beale wants to shift a few out for whatever reason, this might help.
Charlton on 13:34 - Aug 8 with 2055 viewsRangersw12

I would rest, Willock, Johansen, Amos and Dykes

Replace them with Armstrong, Dozzell, Thomas and Bonne

Rest of the team that started against Boro
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 13:45]
Charlton on 13:38 - Aug 8 with 2044 viewsDorse

Charlton on 11:14 - Aug 8 by nix

Dom Ball plays for keeps. This is why Illy trained in a full suit of plate armour throughout last season. Youngsters are still chastened with 'Don't dwell on the ball, lest Dom appear'.

Who will say him nay? Were you not entertained?

Why?!Whhyyyyyy?!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Charlton on 13:42 - Aug 8 with 2031 viewsLogman

No Hamaleinen please. We let him have an amble on Saturday. Don't fancy giving the Charlton right winger a free rein. Paal should be fit enough.

I think Chair will be rested if that whack on his ankle has flared up and Bonne seemed to heavily strapped up after his mauling.

I'd go:

Dieng
Kakay
Paal
Field
Dickie
Dunne
Albert
Dozzell
Amos
Thomas
Dykes

Subs: Archer, Masterson, Hamaleinen, Johansen, Duke McKenna, Armstrong, Roberts
Charlton on 13:44 - Aug 8 with 2022 viewsLowerloftLad

I'm going so I'd like to see us at least give the game a go.

Does anyone know how many tickets we have sold ?.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024