Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP the Ipswich fan 00:53 - Dec 30 with 6295 viewsloftboy

Just been confirmed on TWTD
Could see it was serious from the away end, person was covered in a tent then hidden by tarpaulin as they left the ground on a stretcher.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RIP the Ipswich fan on 09:07 - Dec 30 with 5741 viewsHoopinEssex

God bless his/her family. Always puts football into perspective
RIP the Ipswich fan on 09:18 - Dec 30 with 5672 viewsBlue_Castello

Yup it looked bad, I think we all knew it was probably a heart attack, our thoughts go out to the family and friends, it does truly put football into perspective.....RIP.....
RIP the Ipswich fan on 10:03 - Dec 30 with 5461 viewsbosh67

RIP to the Ipswich fan and condolences to their family and friends. What a terrible thing to happen. I guess the only thing is at least they were at a place they loved watching the team they loved.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP the Ipswich fan on 10:06 - Dec 30 with 5439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's really sad. Condolonces to any Ipswich fans who might stroll past here, and to the fan's family and friends.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 16:27]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RIP the Ipswich fan on 10:23 - Dec 30 with 5350 viewsbosh67

Having sent my condolences I can't actually find any news to say they have passed away. Keeping my fingers crossed that they have actually survived. Nothing on the club site to say anything other than it being a medical emergency. Hoping for the best.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP the Ipswich fan on 10:50 - Dec 30 with 5223 viewsLandshark

RIP to the person at Portman Road.

I noticed on my smart watch against Southampton that it gave me an alert saying "High levels of stress, try to relax". Looking at the stats that day I had 1 hour and 20 minutes worth of "high stress", a normal day for me would be about 10 minutes on average. My heart rate was also elevated more than normal during the game.

I need to do more to be healthy, eat better, do more exercise and watch less QPR.
RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:02 - Dec 30 with 5154 viewsloftboy

RIP the Ipswich fan on 10:23 - Dec 30 by bosh67

Having sent my condolences I can't actually find any news to say they have passed away. Keeping my fingers crossed that they have actually survived. Nothing on the club site to say anything other than it being a medical emergency. Hoping for the best.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/573124/sir-alf-ramsey-medical-emergency/#15

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:04 - Dec 30 with 5128 viewsstowmarketrange

RIP the Ipswich fan on 10:23 - Dec 30 by bosh67

There is nothing mentioned in the east Anglian daily times about their condition.I guess the person may have been stabilised in order to move them.They would probably try cpr for longer than 20 minutes if their life was at stake.
I’m sure there are people better qualified than me who can clarify that fact.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:08 - Dec 30 with 5096 viewsbosh67

RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:02 - Dec 30 by loftboy

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/573124/sir-alf-ramsey-medical-emergency/#15

Ugh that is so sad. Really bad news.

Never knowingly right.

RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:35 - Dec 30 with 4946 viewsGloryHunter

Just a quick point about CPR - in case anyone is ever in the position of doing it, or watching others do it. The point of chest compressions is NOT to try to restart the heart, it's to try to push oxygenated blood to the brain. The heart can be restarted up to an hour or more after stopping, and many people have survived this. But brain function dies after only a few minutes without oxygen. So keep pumping for as long as you can, even if the heart is long stopped, until medical help arrives.

[EDIT] I am not a medical professional, but Mrs GloryHunter is, and this is what is currently being taught on first aid courses.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:04]
RIP the Ipswich fan on 12:18 - Dec 30 with 4764 viewsQPRSteve

Dreadful news. Condolences to the family.
RIP the Ipswich fan on 12:32 - Dec 30 with 4721 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:35 - Dec 30 by GloryHunter

Just a quick point about CPR - in case anyone is ever in the position of doing it, or watching others do it. The point of chest compressions is NOT to try to restart the heart, it's to try to push oxygenated blood to the brain. The heart can be restarted up to an hour or more after stopping, and many people have survived this. But brain function dies after only a few minutes without oxygen. So keep pumping for as long as you can, even if the heart is long stopped, until medical help arrives.

[EDIT] I am not a medical professional, but Mrs GloryHunter is, and this is what is currently being taught on first aid courses.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:04]

Thanks for that, Glory.

Great info.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RIP the Ipswich fan on 17:42 - Dec 30 with 4092 viewsmart_Goblin

Best wishes and condolences to the family . Terrible news.

The QPR plus feed showed about a 2 second clip last night of people holding a sheet or tarpaulin over something which looked very bad . I don’t think they were supposed to show that .
RIP the Ipswich fan on 20:46 - Dec 30 with 3716 viewsNorthLondonR

Apparently an 81 year old woman passed away, very sad indeed.
RIP the Ipswich fan on 00:06 - Dec 31 with 3330 viewswombat

RIP the Ipswich fan on 20:46 - Dec 30 by NorthLondonR

Apparently an 81 year old woman passed away, very sad indeed.

We was in the block opposite the incident , didn’t look good at the time and sad if the reports are true she has passed away , seems to have been a family group judging by the amount of fans who left after she was taken away on the stretcher

Poll: which is your favouite foot

RIP the Ipswich fan on 02:09 - Dec 31 with 3207 viewsnix

RIP to the lady.

Thinking of her family. How very difficult for them.
RIP the Ipswich fan on 08:38 - Dec 31 with 3028 viewsnumptydumpty

I think it was the Leicester home game that a person collapsed ahead of me, when just about go through the turnstiles for South Africa Road stand with friends / family around the individual and understand sadly this person passed also.

Bill Shankly's phrase.

"Football isn't a game of life and death. Its more important than that."

It really isn't.

RIP and condolences to friends and family.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 8:39]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

RIP the Ipswich fan on 14:54 - Dec 31 with 2599 viewsJimthehip

Jesus this is awful

So sorry to hear this.

Rest in power
RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:17 - Jan 1 with 2078 viewsbosh67

RIP to Ipswich fan Anne Austin, named today as the person who lost their life at the game the other day.

Condolences to her family, friends and the club.

Never knowingly right.

RIP the Ipswich fan on 11:33 - Jan 1 with 2027 viewsJimthehip

RIP the Ipswich fan on 08:38 - Dec 31 by numptydumpty

I think it was the Leicester home game that a person collapsed ahead of me, when just about go through the turnstiles for South Africa Road stand with friends / family around the individual and understand sadly this person passed also.

Bill Shankly's phrase.

"Football isn't a game of life and death. Its more important than that."

It really isn't.

RIP and condolences to friends and family.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 8:39]

Really?

Jesus christ I didn't hear that. So sad and sorry to hear that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024