Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Donnelly 12:59 - Apr 27 with 11402 viewsrobbowood

You certainly can't keep George out of the game for whatever reason

Yesterday he made a superb pass to Hendo on the left wing (which enabled Hendo to set up Peter Vincenti for the first goal) and crossed the ball for Hendo to tap-in the second (after Hery's great run)

At Bristol he made the pass which set up Joe Bunney for our first goal and jumped over the ball (intentionally or not!) from Michael Rose's cross to set up Mattie Lund's tap-in for our second goal

Well played George !!!!!
George Donnelly on 13:15 - Apr 27 with 9038 viewsArthurDaley

Toni Wille, ( not quite sure how you pronounce her last name) from Pussycat sure loves Georgie.

A large VAT Dave

George Donnelly on 13:42 - Apr 27 with 8931 viewsaleanddale

Is Georges time up with Dale?

He does his stuff well but any room for sentiment now and it will be interesting to see if he is offered a new deal.

No room for sentiment we need to get it right this time!!
George Donnelly on 13:49 - Apr 27 with 8914 viewsfrenzied

I think George will be one of several not deemed to be up to the quality we need to stay in league one...plenty of endeavour and energy but final touch lacking.
Id like to see Dale sign a few stronger players as I think we ;look quite lightweight ..plenty of pace in the team,but we need a physical presence up front and in the middle of the park.
George Donnelly on 13:56 - Apr 27 with 8878 viewsD_Alien

George Donnelly on 13:49 - Apr 27 by frenzied

I think George will be one of several not deemed to be up to the quality we need to stay in league one...plenty of endeavour and energy but final touch lacking.
Id like to see Dale sign a few stronger players as I think we ;look quite lightweight ..plenty of pace in the team,but we need a physical presence up front and in the middle of the park.

It's going to be an interesting summer, that's for sure.

I wonder about Cav too. He's been outstanding at times, and showed in the cup game against Leeds that he can raise his game to levels none of us would've thought possible. Not sure of his contractual status but since opposition managers seemed to have us "sussed" in playing the ball through a holding midfielder and the opposition are that bit more intelligent in L1, I wonder if either Cav or JK (or BBM!!) would get many starts.

Might be worth retaining Cav to come on to keep the game secure if we're ahead, or to keep it tight if we're drawing away, like he did at Fleetwood.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

George Donnelly on 14:40 - Apr 27 with 8754 viewsmacro

100% released for me. Bad outweighs the good
George Donnelly on 14:42 - Apr 27 with 8737 views442Dale

Cavanagh may well be back up in L1 now we know Lund can play the role so well, if slightly differently.

Do hope that any additions in the midfield don't include the often-sought Stephen Dawson. Not good enough technically for our side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

George Donnelly on 15:22 - Apr 27 with 8626 viewsSalwaDale

George Donnelly on 14:42 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

Cavanagh may well be back up in L1 now we know Lund can play the role so well, if slightly differently.

Do hope that any additions in the midfield don't include the often-sought Stephen Dawson. Not good enough technically for our side.

We need midfielder who would allow the likes of Allen, Hery and Lund to develop. I think Dawson would do that, as would Cavanagh, or Kennedy.

TBBT

George Donnelly on 15:22 - Apr 27 with 8624 viewsboromat

Donnelly has been excellent last two games. Really deserves a few goals and I hope he gets one at Newport!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

George Donnelly on 15:25 - Apr 27 with 8601 viewsSaxonDale

I think Cavanagh's future will be determined on what sort of contract he's currently on. We saw with Phil Edwards how Coleman gave wages much higher than the worth of players to many of the Accy influx so wouldn't be surprised if Cav is one of, if not the top earner in this squad.

Whilst I've no doubt Cav has been a great player for us this season, as well as a great influence in the dressing room, can we justify one of our top earners potentially only being fit for half of the season? When also put into consideration that Lund, Allen and Hery would all seemingly be ahead of him given their current form a contract for Cav doesn't seem a given by any means.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 15:31]
George Donnelly on 15:31 - Apr 27 with 8573 viewsolympicdale

What odds on Georgies last goal for Dale is the one that secures the title...

Life is a game of fate.

George Donnelly on 15:40 - Apr 27 with 8535 viewsmacro

George Donnelly on 15:31 - Apr 27 by olympicdale

What odds on Georgies last goal for Dale is the one that secures the title...

Nah won't happen
George Donnelly on 15:40 - Apr 27 with 8533 viewsolympicdale

George Donnelly on 13:56 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

It's going to be an interesting summer, that's for sure.

I wonder about Cav too. He's been outstanding at times, and showed in the cup game against Leeds that he can raise his game to levels none of us would've thought possible. Not sure of his contractual status but since opposition managers seemed to have us "sussed" in playing the ball through a holding midfielder and the opposition are that bit more intelligent in L1, I wonder if either Cav or JK (or BBM!!) would get many starts.

Might be worth retaining Cav to come on to keep the game secure if we're ahead, or to keep it tight if we're drawing away, like he did at Fleetwood.

Its an interesting one Cavanagh, with the emergence of Hery and Allen, would you want to sacrifice one of these in that central role, however there will be plenty of games where Cavs experience in that holding role could prove vital in L1, and having an experienced head in the dressing room can only be positive.

Looking at the squad I cant see many being shipped out, this team has an unbelievable team spirit, and Hill will want to keep as much of them together as he can. I can see Donnelly, Porter, Grey and JK leaving. There always is one name that surprises fans also, it will definitely be an interesting summer.

Life is a game of fate.

George Donnelly on 15:49 - Apr 27 with 8505 viewsBrighouseDale

Gorgeous is possibly one of the most physical players we have, I think. Vincenti's tall but doesn't have the bulk. If it were up to me we would give Donnelly another 12 months, I believe he's just unlucky at times but certainly does have the technical ability and always puts a shift in. Maybe there's just a little something more in him that Hill needs to coax out over summer.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

George Donnelly on 15:56 - Apr 27 with 8462 views49thseason

I think KH will keep george for another 12 months on the basis that he is something different in the squad and more than useful for our defenders to practice fending off. There will be some big, tough, athletic teams next year and we are not a physical side at the moment so some beef will not go amiss.
George Donnelly on 16:13 - Apr 27 with 8383 viewsBobsAdaley

George Donnelly on 15:56 - Apr 27 by 49thseason

I think KH will keep george for another 12 months on the basis that he is something different in the squad and more than useful for our defenders to practice fending off. There will be some big, tough, athletic teams next year and we are not a physical side at the moment so some beef will not go amiss.

Spoke to him (George that is) for some time last night at the awards Doo and he said he wanted to stay and was going to stay. Personally I hope he does. Not always the best on the pitch but gives a additional dimension to the squad, and, he made the goals yesterday...............works his socks of most times and deserves a year for me.
George Donnelly on 16:19 - Apr 27 with 8356 viewssandylaner1

might have offered him another 12 months if we were still in league 2 but not a chance in league one

we can't afford to have a striker who doesn't score any goals

thanks for your efforts and the lols george, but its a no from me

promo and his well earned standing ovation was a good way to end it
George Donnelly on 16:24 - Apr 27 with 8334 viewsSaxonDale

[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 16:25]
George Donnelly on 16:29 - Apr 27 with 8301 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree there is no time for sentiment in League 1..........we can recruit much better than George.

Great effort but surely time to go.

Thanks for your contribution to a great season.
George Donnelly on 16:36 - Apr 27 with 8253 viewsTomRAFC

I am very endeared to the lad because of his effort but the sad fact is he is not a very good footballer.

Expect him to be released personally.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

George Donnelly on 16:37 - Apr 27 with 8247 viewsnordenblue

George Donnelly on 16:29 - Apr 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree there is no time for sentiment in League 1..........we can recruit much better than George.

Great effort but surely time to go.

Thanks for your contribution to a great season.

Harsh,I think you'll struggle to find another striker who has his work ethic within our budget.Not his biggest fan either but theres a place in every squad for a George
George Donnelly on 16:43 - Apr 27 with 8219 viewsBartRowou

George Donnelly on 15:49 - Apr 27 by BrighouseDale

Gorgeous is possibly one of the most physical players we have, I think. Vincenti's tall but doesn't have the bulk. If it were up to me we would give Donnelly another 12 months, I believe he's just unlucky at times but certainly does have the technical ability and always puts a shift in. Maybe there's just a little something more in him that Hill needs to coax out over summer.

I disagree that he's got the technical ability but agree about the "shift" he puts in. George in a nutshell was evident in the second half when he outmuscled the centre half over by the Main Stand and then had no idea what to do next, got his head down, ran into trouble and gave the ball away.

It's been an odd year for strikers. I'd like to know how many games we won with and without Scott Hogan in the side.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

George Donnelly on 16:43 - Apr 27 with 8215 viewssteofthedale

I am hoping that there might still be a place in our squad for Jack O'Connell either again on loan or even as a permanent signing.

He looks a great prospect.

Hogan's latest injury might just mean he starts next season with Dale in league one, proving his fitness and hopefully adding more to his value when he moves on.

steofthedale*

George Donnelly on 20:37 - Apr 27 with 7968 views442Dale

George Donnelly on 16:43 - Apr 27 by BartRowou

I disagree that he's got the technical ability but agree about the "shift" he puts in. George in a nutshell was evident in the second half when he outmuscled the centre half over by the Main Stand and then had no idea what to do next, got his head down, ran into trouble and gave the ball away.

It's been an odd year for strikers. I'd like to know how many games we won with and without Scott Hogan in the side.

As per soccerbase:

With Hogan: P 35, W 17, D 7, L 11. Win percentage 49%
Without: P 17, W 11, D 2, L 4. Win percentage 65%

Conclusion: He's our best striker, but he's not been crucial.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

George Donnelly on 01:02 - Apr 28 with 7745 viewspioneer

Come on George, for those who think we'd miss him

http://www.amazon.co.uk/George-Formby-Comic-Icons-DVD/dp/B000N3T2JY
George Donnelly on 01:53 - Apr 28 with 7714 viewsolympicdale

George Donnelly on 20:37 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

As per soccerbase:

With Hogan: P 35, W 17, D 7, L 11. Win percentage 49%
Without: P 17, W 11, D 2, L 4. Win percentage 65%

Conclusion: He's our best striker, but he's not been crucial.

get rid I say, clearly rubbish we're better off without him.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024