Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Away 13:08 - Nov 27 with 35487 viewsboromat

It seems the forum has gone a bit quiet on this one with the excitement of the FA Cup approaching. How we all feeling about it?

Think their home form is pretty good at the minute and it's a bit of a commute on what promises to be a cold, wet Tuesday night. Surely it's got all the makings of a scrappy 1 nil away win? :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oxford Away on 21:54 - Nov 27 with 3040 viewsregjenkins

Surely this will not be the team expected to play Portsmouth on Sunday?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Oxford Away on 21:57 - Nov 27 with 2985 viewsrochdaleriddler

Oxford Away on 21:54 - Nov 27 by Shun

Idiot.

That’s what you said! So why am I an idiot?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Oxford Away on 21:58 - Nov 27 with 2967 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford Away on 21:43 - Nov 27 by rochdaleriddler

The music on the coach back should be ‘oops I did it again’ by Britney

"Take a chance on me" ……….. Andy Cannon singing the chorus?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oxford Away on 22:03 - Nov 27 with 2869 viewsShun

Oxford Away on 21:57 - Nov 27 by rochdaleriddler

That’s what you said! So why am I an idiot?

When did I say we’ll do that?
Oxford Away on 22:08 - Nov 27 with 2801 viewsrochdaleriddler

Oxford Away on 22:03 - Nov 27 by Shun

When did I say we’ll do that?

On the expectations thread, and I was only joking anyway

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Oxford Away on 22:10 - Nov 27 with 2753 viewsShun

Oxford Away on 22:08 - Nov 27 by rochdaleriddler

On the expectations thread, and I was only joking anyway

Fair enough, I apologise for the insult. I didn’t say that’s what we will do though, I said that’s what I expect us to do. I don’t believe I have unrealistic expectations in thinking that, hence my disappointment in this season so far.
Oxford Away on 22:14 - Nov 27 with 2715 viewssooty_dale

On the bright side at least the gap between us and the bottom four is still 6 points...
Oxford Away on 22:21 - Nov 27 with 2615 viewsrochdaleriddler

Oxford Away on 22:10 - Nov 27 by Shun

Fair enough, I apologise for the insult. I didn’t say that’s what we will do though, I said that’s what I expect us to do. I don’t believe I have unrealistic expectations in thinking that, hence my disappointment in this season so far.

Cheers, OH I agree, but our goals against column is ridiculous now so I will settle for 60 points and no more big defeats right now

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Away on 22:24 - Nov 27 with 2584 viewsSandyman

The team selection and goals conceded speak for themselves. Again. We looked to be turning a corner, positively, where defence is concerned with recent clean sheets at home and a fairly consistent line up. So what does the "greatest manager ever" do? Tinkers and brings back McNulty ( ) and 3 other rarely used players out of nowhere.
“I’ve got to take into consideration our last two away games in which we’ve conceded six goals. We’ve been pretty poor....Recently, there’s been too many goals going in away from home, so I’ll probably adjust the players' mentality and our starting positions, and make sure that we nullify Oxford’s threat." said Hill prior to tonight.
And what happened? We let 4 ( four) in. Very careless management indeed.
Oxford Away on 22:25 - Nov 27 with 2578 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Oxford Away on 21:35 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

I'd rather we started Kenneth Williams to Wilbraham. What a carry-on.

Stop messing about.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Oxford Away on 22:29 - Nov 27 with 2546 viewsjonahwhereru

Judged by the comments on here after Saturday’s game Rafferty being dropped was not a surprise. So the back four was going to require a shuffle, but that was some shuffle.

Then out go Williams and Inman and Rathbone comes in (who I do like); but Dooley can’t even get on the pitch. Calvin who the forum suggested made an impact on Saturday warms the bench while Wilbraham starts.

This was a tombola team. If there was a supporters prize for guessing the starting eleven this would have been a rollover.

Surely the club are not prioritising the cup! We aren’t good enough to throw league points away, but I am at a loss to understand this selection if that is not the case.

I only hope we ship some squad members out during the window to trim down the number of selection options.

I’ll suggest a few. Ntlhe, Morley ( needs game time), Norman and Clough go back, Alby, McNulty.

The only loaner I would try to extend is Hart.

We have a deeper squad than ever before but Keith seems bamboozled by the number of options he has, and can’t see the wood for the trees.

We are a better team than last year, the stats tell us that so I an not panicking but I am frustrated by taking two steps back after taking any step forward.

Keith it’s simple STABILITY.
Oxford Away on 22:29 - Nov 27 with 2546 viewsRotherhamDale

Hill blaming individuals again...

Possession with progression.

Oxford Away on 22:30 - Nov 27 with 2538 viewsNewbury_Dale

The magic has gone lads. Nothing lasts forever. Time for a new attitude at the top of this football club.
Oxford Away on 22:34 - Nov 27 with 2492 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford Away on 22:25 - Nov 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Stop messing about.

Oooh Matron!

Oxford Away on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 2397 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Oxford Away on 22:34 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

Oooh Matron!

Reading this thread. Hilly very well may think:-

Infamy, infamy...they’ve all got it infamy

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Oxford Away on 22:47 - Nov 27 with 2349 viewsSandyman

Tonight's surreal team selection and result will knock even more off the attendance for Sunday. The excuses for yet another abject defensive display by players and tactics HE has brought to the club don't wash anymore. Great management that.
Oxford Away on 23:06 - Nov 27 with 2219 viewsDiddyDave

I think KH thinks he`s on a par with Mourinho,Guardiola,Klopp.etc,bringing players in to fit what he thinks the opposition are going to do. As has been pointed out regularly on here,Dale didn`t bother about who were on the other side of the halfway line,Jonah ran the show and players like O`Grady,Le Fondre,Lambert,Murray all scored goals and went on to have careers with top clubs. Now KH thinks he`s playing chess or summat,too technical for his own good and we`ve struggled for the last three seasons,this one included. Either that or his ego has got the better of him.
Oxford Away on 23:09 - Nov 27 with 2196 viewsDaleFan7

Hill blaming individual performances. His tactics were fine just weren't employed on the pitch. So it's okay, no need to worry.
Oxford Away on 23:25 - Nov 27 with 2115 viewsdingdangblue

Very poor - disappointing Hill hasn't taken the blame for going 2-0 down so early. Yes individuals haven't performed but they haven't started games for months! To start so many in a tough away game was suicide.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oxford Away on 23:29 - Nov 27 with 2089 views442Dale

Oxford Away on 23:25 - Nov 27 by dingdangblue

Very poor - disappointing Hill hasn't taken the blame for going 2-0 down so early. Yes individuals haven't performed but they haven't started games for months! To start so many in a tough away game was suicide.

I’m glad his mind is clear now. It’s been pretty clear that we’ve too many players who offer too many options with too few positives as a result.

His mistakes, his realisation, his responsibility to address it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oxford Away on 23:36 - Nov 27 with 2044 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford Away on 23:09 - Nov 27 by DaleFan7

Hill blaming individual performances. His tactics were fine just weren't employed on the pitch. So it's okay, no need to worry.

We've had too many outings in the last 18 months now where his tactics "haven't been employed". It begs the question if we haven't got the players to play the way he wants to play, why aren't we playing a different way. Cut your suit according to your cloth. Bit like Saturday 1st half vs second really. I hope that's the thing that's become clear to him.

Oxford Away on 23:37 - Nov 27 with 2041 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The interview tonight seems a bit like Joey Barton's tactics on the "January signing" thread on here.......seems Hill wanted to give fringe players a chance to show him "what he really had instead of what I have on the training pitch" and they disappointed big style. At least Joey Scouse had the nouse to use a Checkatrade game instead of a potential 6 pointer relegation match to suss out his doubters.

I wonder if he will take it any further like Joey Scouse and offload ? Sorry Alby .

Message : Stick with best trusted eleven Calvin won't let you down.
Oxford Away on 23:46 - Nov 27 with 1995 viewsrochdale_ranger

Oxford Away on 23:37 - Nov 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

The interview tonight seems a bit like Joey Barton's tactics on the "January signing" thread on here.......seems Hill wanted to give fringe players a chance to show him "what he really had instead of what I have on the training pitch" and they disappointed big style. At least Joey Scouse had the nouse to use a Checkatrade game instead of a potential 6 pointer relegation match to suss out his doubters.

I wonder if he will take it any further like Joey Scouse and offload ? Sorry Alby .

Message : Stick with best trusted eleven Calvin won't let you down.

It’s a sad shame we have to rely on Calvin Andrews. A striker should have been brought in over the summer. Dagnall would have done. We are a one man team. Without Henderson we would be screwed
Oxford Away on 23:57 - Nov 27 with 1960 viewsD_Alien

It's utter bollox

Asking players who've been out of the side for weeks to suddenly perform as if they were fully match-fit and then slagging them off when they INEVITABLY aren't is quite simply rank bad management; both in footballing terms and man-management

Any player at whatever level needs a run of games within a tried and tested framework in order to produce something like their true form

He's quite simply set them up to fail, which they duly did. Not only that, he's set up the fans who travelled on a shite day to experience the trashing of their hopes, and on a whim

I go back to the point i made a couple of days ago - winning is no longer his priority; rather the exploration of his ability to sustain the circumstances he's built for himself at the club through earlier success, knowing he'll almost certainly never take it, or his career, much further. We, i'm afraid are simply pawns in his game, just as those players thrown onto the pitch tonight were

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oxford Away on 00:07 - Nov 28 with 1923 viewsdingdangblue

Oxford Away on 22:14 - Nov 27 by sooty_dale

On the bright side at least the gap between us and the bottom four is still 6 points...

On the bright side regarding Sunday's cup game...

17/18 before the Spurs game

Bristol Rovers 3 Rochdale 2

14/15 before the Forest game

Rochdale 0 Fleetwood 2

13/14 before the Leeds game

Scunthorpe 3 Rochdale 0

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024