Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Crisis at the Dale? 16:26 - Dec 17 with 21166 viewssmaclad1

I’ve heard it suggested that the club’s financial affairs are not all they might be, and such is the issue that at least one player will need to be sold in January.

All this comes on the back of a reported loss from last season. Despite what we might think about previous player sales with add-ons, the cup run and associated TV money, and owning our ground, I understand that good sources have said that relaying the pitch and buying the ground contributed to last season’s state of affairs, while this season the windfall payments have dried up, we’re overspending on the player budget and the reduced price season ticket offer have all taken their toll on this season’s budget.

This seems to have been coming for some time now. All this was, I have been informed, was known about and lurking in the background before the boardroom unrest was made public.

Very worrying.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:31 - Dec 17 with 6360 viewsJames1980

Trimming the squad down might not be a bad thing

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:34 - Dec 17 with 6341 viewsEllDale

If the story is true I'm quite philosophical about it.
Apparently there's no suggestion of financial mismanagement.
The Hogan money was never going to be the gift that kept on giving which made me chuckle at some of the suggestions as to how the money should be spent made on a thread on here.
We've always been a selling club as well; it's been part of the business plan for over a decade; remember Alfie being sold in a rush to pay a tax bill.
At least we have saleable assets. And it's not a small squad should one player have to be sacrificed, there is cover.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:42 - Dec 17 with 6303 viewsJames1980

Debt is not great but only really bad imo if it cannot be serviced.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:44 - Dec 17 with 6286 viewsrichfoad32

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:31 - Dec 17 by James1980

Trimming the squad down might not be a bad thing

It won't be easy to trim the squad, who would want to take on the reportedly higher earners in Wilbraham and Perkins, even on loan? We could just get shot but it would cost to pay them off. I could perhaps see Inman, McNulty and Jordan Williams interesting a League 2/National League club and we might as well send back Zac Clough who for whatever reason has been an absolute waste of time. Camps stock has fallen and I would like to keep Cannon although Hill doesn't seem to rate him.

I would love to see more of Morley but if there's no plans to play him on a regular basis he may as well go out on loan to get some game time.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:50 - Dec 17 with 6260 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:42 - Dec 17 by James1980

Debt is not great but only really bad imo if it cannot be serviced.

To service the debt we need a decent product that folks will shell out to watch,eat a pie and linger on for a post match pint......at this time,we ain't got it and we have a pool of players draining the cash dripping in.

Need to get shut of a few pretty soon. And that's not to mention the multitude of backroom staff who are feeding off the Club.

Question: Who pays for the Liaison Officer who pops up on Twitter every few months and what do they do?
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:08 - Dec 17 with 6189 viewsJames1980

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 16:50 - Dec 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

To service the debt we need a decent product that folks will shell out to watch,eat a pie and linger on for a post match pint......at this time,we ain't got it and we have a pool of players draining the cash dripping in.

Need to get shut of a few pretty soon. And that's not to mention the multitude of backroom staff who are feeding off the Club.

Question: Who pays for the Liaison Officer who pops up on Twitter every few months and what do they do?

I wasn't saying it is or isn't being serviced, hope that it can be though.

Agree we should make sure those on the payroll are entirely necessary though. We do need sufficient staff that to make the match day experience as an attractive an afternoon/evening out as it can be though

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:15 - Dec 17 with 6162 views49thseason

There is a goalkeeping coach who seems to achieve very little.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:30 - Dec 17 with 6099 viewsdiver

Last accounts filed at companies house are for y/e may 2017 may 2018 not due for filing until end of Feb 2019.At least the wages are being paid!!
Login to get fewer ads

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:33 - Dec 17 with 6084 viewselectricblue

If this is the case then why increase the wages budget!!!!!!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:40 - Dec 17 with 6030 viewsblackdogblue

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:30 - Dec 17 by diver

Last accounts filed at companies house are for y/e may 2017 may 2018 not due for filing until end of Feb 2019.At least the wages are being paid!!

Does not look in the Red to me, saying that recently appointed more directors than the oscars..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:50 - Dec 17 with 6000 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

The most recent balance sheet showed us with £0.5M in credit, so I don`t think were are in trouble. We are still owed for Jamie Allen as this was an installment agreed transfer. Unless someone has been dipping into our coffers I can`t see there being a financial crisis. If need be we can offload McNulty, Perkins and Gillam, three wages saved at no detriment to the squad. In fact it would improve the overall playing quality.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:51 - Dec 17 with 5982 viewsTVOS1907

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:40 - Dec 17 by blackdogblue

Does not look in the Red to me, saying that recently appointed more directors than the oscars..

They don’t take salaries, if that’s where you’re heading.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:54 - Dec 17 with 5974 viewsrichfoad32

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:50 - Dec 17 by RooleyMoorBlue

The most recent balance sheet showed us with £0.5M in credit, so I don`t think were are in trouble. We are still owed for Jamie Allen as this was an installment agreed transfer. Unless someone has been dipping into our coffers I can`t see there being a financial crisis. If need be we can offload McNulty, Perkins and Gillam, three wages saved at no detriment to the squad. In fact it would improve the overall playing quality.

How do you propose we just 'offload' those three players?
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:19 - Dec 17 with 5868 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:54 - Dec 17 by richfoad32

How do you propose we just 'offload' those three players?

Calvin Andrew on £2k per week is the player currently being offered to other clubs.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:29 - Dec 17 with 5837 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:19 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Calvin Andrew on £2k per week is the player currently being offered to other clubs.

That will please some on here but seriously Andrew is deemed to be less value than Wilbraham? even the Andrew detractors will question that logic. Is this another indication that Hill has lost the plot.

This is not the time for bickering.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:34 - Dec 17 with 5817 viewsrichfoad32

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:29 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

That will please some on here but seriously Andrew is deemed to be less value than Wilbraham? even the Andrew detractors will question that logic. Is this another indication that Hill has lost the plot.

Calvin might actually attract some interest though, as opposed to a 38 year old whose legs/desire/both appear to have gone.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:38 - Dec 17 with 5795 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:34 - Dec 17 by richfoad32

Calvin might actually attract some interest though, as opposed to a 38 year old whose legs/desire/both appear to have gone.

You are right but if players are being offered then why Andrew who still contributes? I take it that its an effort to free up his wage to bring in a forward that can score.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:49 - Dec 17 with 5753 viewselectricblue

I for one dont believe that Andrew is being touted to other clubs.
Are Dale contributing to the loanees wages if so it will be more prudent to send Norman, Randall, Clough back to their parent clubs to ease up funds.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 19:09]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:54 - Dec 17 with 5732 viewsJimmyRustler

If Calvin Andrew being on 2k a week isn't classed as financial mismanagement then I don't know what is. Absolutely ludicrous
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:55 - Dec 17 with 5728 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:49 - Dec 17 by electricblue

I for one dont believe that Andrew is being touted to other clubs.
Are Dale contributing to the loanees wages if so it will be more prudent to send Norman, Randall, Clough back to their parent clubs to ease up funds.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 19:09]

You don’t have to believe anything.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:05 - Dec 17 with 5686 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:55 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

weren't you the bloke that condemned a poster on here earlier this year for disclosing information that wasn't in the public domain? arguing strongly that such information should stay in house... Im asking for a friend.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:08 - Dec 17 with 5670 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:05 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

weren't you the bloke that condemned a poster on here earlier this year for disclosing information that wasn't in the public domain? arguing strongly that such information should stay in house... Im asking for a friend.

Yes. That was about a potential incoming transfer. I won’t divulge anything I’ve heard on that front.

However, the latest boardroom shenanigans are concerning and hence very much worth sharing.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:08 - Dec 17 with 5657 viewsdingdangblue

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:55 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Maybe it's a false story to catch a snitch?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:10 - Dec 17 with 5649 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:08 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

And maybe it’s not.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 19:10]

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:13 - Dec 17 with 5613 viewskel

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:08 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

Aye, and nobody likes a snitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024