Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 18:50 - Feb 19 with 27364 viewsSaxonDale

Match thread on 21:52 - Feb 19 with 3632 viewsfitzochris

Okay, we scored three goals and it was an entertaining game, but we conceded four goals, at home, to the side bottom of the league.

Like Keith Hill, I’m struggling to find a defence.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread on 21:52 - Feb 19 with 3627 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread on 21:48 - Feb 19 by Nigeriamark

Scored it. 4-3

Very poor result but a great win for the Dons. Entertaining game but tonight it was about getting a result and we didn’t. Defensive frailties when attacked. Feel sorry for matheson who gave away the penalty.

Really disappointing result with not much expectation in the next 2 matches.
Match thread on 21:53 - Feb 19 with 3605 viewsBlueDales

That makes the Plymouth and, particularly, Shrewsbury games in he coming weeks huge. Luton is a free hit.
Match thread on 21:54 - Feb 19 with 3560 viewssweetcorn

Match thread on 21:49 - Feb 19 by Dale23years

Get this C.u.n.t (and I hate that word) out of our club, hes a total embarrassment.

You know the old adage.. takes one to know one.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread on 21:55 - Feb 19 with 3512 viewsDale23years

Match thread on 21:54 - Feb 19 by sweetcorn

You know the old adage.. takes one to know one.

Fcuk off shitbag

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread on 21:55 - Feb 19 with 3502 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread on 21:53 - Feb 19 by BlueDales

That makes the Plymouth and, particularly, Shrewsbury games in he coming weeks huge. Luton is a free hit.

Coventry and tonight were 'huge' games too. Hate the term free hit, let's give it a go FFS.
Match thread on 21:56 - Feb 19 with 3476 viewsBlueDales

Apparently no League 1 team have lost more games from leading positions this season than we have. That's worrying.
Match thread on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 3454 viewssweetcorn

Match thread on 21:53 - Feb 19 by BlueDales

Every game is a big game. We can’t keep slipping up and then saying the next one is a big one. tonights result is embarrassing to say the least.

The fact we have a 16 year old coming on is a joke, which is amplified when it’s him thats cost us at the end.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 22:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 3413 views442Dale

Match thread on 21:51 - Feb 19 by richfoad32

Rash challenge from Matheson who might not even be on the pitch if McLaughlin was able to last more than an hour.

In a season of collect-a-player signings, this one which was made out of necessity is looking another poor one. Bang average full back who clearly isn’t fit enough. Like Ntlhe on the other side.

Nine times conceding four goals now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 3394 viewssweetcorn

Match thread on 21:55 - Feb 19 by Dale23years

Fcuk off shitbag

Ever so charming tonight, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Match thread on 22:03 - Feb 19 with 3279 viewsSandymandy

Match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 by sweetcorn

Ever so charming tonight, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

You must be a closet nonce surely ?

Hill out
Match thread on 22:06 - Feb 19 with 3220 viewsMasher

Match thread on 21:57 - Feb 19 by sweetcorn

Every game is a big game. We can’t keep slipping up and then saying the next one is a big one. tonights result is embarrassing to say the least.

The fact we have a 16 year old coming on is a joke, which is amplified when it’s him thats cost us at the end.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 22:00]

Cant really blame Matheson when you look at all the other frailties in our side for all of this season. We were second best yet again to the bottom team. We just aren't good enough. We will go down so we might as well get used to it because all the teams below us have taken points from us as far as i can remember. This is so bleeding frustrating its untrue!!

Up The Dale!!

Match thread on 22:10 - Feb 19 with 3127 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

In a season of collect-a-player signings, this one which was made out of necessity is looking another poor one. Bang average full back who clearly isn’t fit enough. Like Ntlhe on the other side.

Nine times conceding four goals now.

Worse still, Matheson looked distraught at the end and we might be needing to lean on him a lot in the coming weeks when his morale has taken a massive hit. Ideally, him and Adshead would be kept well away from a struggling team that could have an adverse affect on their futures.
Match thread on 22:14 - Feb 19 with 3044 viewsKenBoon

How've we managed to get 33 points?
Match thread on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 3032 viewsShun

Jesus Christ. Bottom of the league at home, we shouldn’t have an easier game all season. In truth either side could’ve won that with the amount of good chances both sides had. And I suppose objectively it was a good game, with both sides showing glimpses of quality and buffoonery in equal measure.

Pyke played quite well in the first half but tired in the second. Dooley was again anonymous. Done had his best game of the season, unsurprisingly that wasn’t at LB. He deserves another chance up front after that showing. Some sensational saves from Lonnergan but a foolish mistake to pick up the pass back from EEL. I feel sorry for Hamilton though, he was the best player on the pitch and didn’t deserve to be on the losing side.

Three games ago we had Walsall, Coventry and Wimbledon in a row, three of the bottom 4 form sides (along with us!). To only get 3 points from that run is absolutely abysmal. Home form is embarrassing. Our last good result (let alone win) at home was Boxing Day. Boxing Day! And that was against ten men for an hour. Dire.
Match thread on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 3031 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread on 22:10 - Feb 19 by richfoad32

Worse still, Matheson looked distraught at the end and we might be needing to lean on him a lot in the coming weeks when his morale has taken a massive hit. Ideally, him and Adshead would be kept well away from a struggling team that could have an adverse affect on their futures.

Hexit where’s our fooking banner?

Screaming at Matty Done for no reason, he’s an embarrassment

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread on 22:23 - Feb 19 with 2899 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread on 22:14 - Feb 19 by KenBoon

How've we managed to get 33 points?

Blame for this is firmly with hill. How many rights backs have we had this season before relying on a 16 year old in a vital game?

The lad from Liverpool, Rafferty, cannon, Harrison mc, all no longer here for various reasons. JT could have played there but unfortunately retired and tonight’s starting rb who is not fit enough.

Our whole defence has been a joke all season particularly the chopping and changing.

Just lousy management with a bunch of lousy moves in the transfer market!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread on 22:35 - Feb 19 with 2693 viewsdawlishdale

Well...where do we start?

If I were a neutral; I'd have been entertained by that game, because there were plenty of efforts on goal, good saves, misses, controversial decisions by the ref, and a last gasp winner.

As a Dale fan, I'm afraid watching us is akin to plugging holes in a sieve . Just when you think its getting better, another big leak appears.

Well done Wimbledon. You looked hungrier than we did and defended slightly the better of the two teams.

So.

Keeper: Pulled off some good saves, but I'd question him on the first goal when he looked to be beaten at the near post, and I'd question his concentration in picking up a backpass, and I'd question him staying on his line too often.

EEL: overall; he had a very shaky game. Didn't look like he was up for the fight tonight, although that might have been as a result of playing next to calamity Jim, who must have made a good dozen mistakes. why is he getting near the team? It's shameful now Hill.

Bunney had a good game , as did McLaughlin, but the latter doesn't look match fit yet.

In midfield, Dooley did ok, but as always, often chose the wrong option, Camps did ok, but was wasteful on occasions, and Hamilton for the most part was my man of the match. Pyke looks like he's not ready for L1 yet, but has some pace, if appearing a little clumsy.

Up front, Matty Done had a great game, by far his best of the season. What a shame that his Manager has only played him up front two or three times.

Hendo has class in abundance, but sometimes drifted out of the game, whilst at other times, was almost unplayable.

The subs were probably correct, but Pyke and possibly Dooley should have come off much sooner.

Thought there was a foul on Hendo 10 seconds before the ref blew for their penalty, which did look like a trip.

I'm afraid that I'm now resigned to us going down. It's been looking likely for a while, but to actually conceed 4 to the bottom side is unforgivable.

I ask again ... why are many of our players so unfit compared to their counterparts? Who is in charge of fitness/training, and how can they justify keeping their jobs?
Match thread on 22:36 - Feb 19 with 2670 viewsfirgrovedale51

Matheson should have been given a free kick prior to the penalty
Match thread on 22:36 - Feb 19 with 2670 viewsdale_spotland

Poor signing after poor signing has made us a poor team, simple as that for me.

Hamilton only good signing we’ve made for a too long, like any group of professionals they will have days where they perform to a high enough level to win a game ie.Walsall but on the whole the team just isn’t as good as 95% as the rest of the league.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Match thread on 22:47 - Feb 19 with 2497 viewsShun

Match thread on 22:36 - Feb 19 by dale_spotland

Poor signing after poor signing has made us a poor team, simple as that for me.

Hamilton only good signing we’ve made for a too long, like any group of professionals they will have days where they perform to a high enough level to win a game ie.Walsall but on the whole the team just isn’t as good as 95% as the rest of the league.

EEL? He’s had one poor game since he joined us (tonight), and even then he scored!

And regarding your 95% of the league comment, if that were true we’d be where Wimbledon are.
Match thread on 22:48 - Feb 19 with 2493 viewsD_Alien

Even after playing two games since our last one, Wimbledon looked fresher than us and more prepared to move the ball forward with pace which in the end gave them a deserved victory. And they're bottom of the league...

Our first movement when receiving the ball is usually a negative one, which allows the opposition time to regroup. This has got to be down to what happens on the training pitch and the instilling of Total Fear football

Lonergan should definitely have done better with their first, but then made up for it with a string of fine reaction stops, which says a lot about the balance of play. Hamilton played well with little support in midfield and i also thought Bunney had a good game - we're definitely more of a threat with him restored on the left. Overall though, whilst it could be argued the players aren't being deployed to the best advantage we're simply lacking in too many areas to win enough games at this level

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 22:50 - Feb 19 with 2438 viewsrich_dale

Some damning stats - 10 home defeats, 67 goals conceded - 10 more than any other team in the division - and tonight our keeper was voted MOTM and we conceded 4 (for the ninth time)
Match thread on 22:54 - Feb 19 with 2378 viewsAndy_TOPO

Wimbledon were first to every second ball and showed more fight than we did, only Lonergan and Hamilton were really at it for Dale. To be fair thou, Wimbledon played a lot better than their bottom of the league status and deserved the win.
Match thread on 22:55 - Feb 19 with 2362 viewsnordenblue

Match thread on 22:10 - Feb 19 by richfoad32

He was in tears and had to be picked up and almost carried off by Calvin at the final whistle, held his hands up to take the blame for the pen, but let's get something straight,he can't be held responsible at all for that shower of absolute gutless shite that's thrown together on the pitch.

We looked clueless at 2.2 and should have made changes much much earlier and not waited to go behind,and taken the game to them,but yet again simply chose to let the game pass us by without a fight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024