Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 17:53 - Apr 27 with 15370 viewsShun

Does anyone know who’s out of contract this summer? I’d genuinely be very happy for most of the squad to still be here next season. Although I don’t see any place for Williams11, Delaney, Gillam or Inman, and I’m undecided over Andrew.

If we could get a season-long loan for both of the Ethans (Hamilton would be my Player of the Season if he’d been here since August) that would be great.
Contracts on 18:42 - Apr 28 with 3740 viewsBarrowdale

Contracts on 18:37 - Apr 28 by soulboy

I'd agree with all that, apart from 1 player, id keep Matty Done.

Dont lose Calvin, turn him into a centre half. Problem solved!
Contracts on 18:50 - Apr 28 with 3711 viewsmikehunt

Andrew in defence has been solid so, if he can be persuaded to take up such a role, he is well worth keeping. In addition to the Ethans, Lonergan would be on my list.
Is McLaughlin ours?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Contracts on 19:13 - Apr 28 with 3642 viewsfitzochris

Contracts on 18:50 - Apr 28 by mikehunt

Andrew in defence has been solid so, if he can be persuaded to take up such a role, he is well worth keeping. In addition to the Ethans, Lonergan would be on my list.
Is McLaughlin ours?

McLaughlin is ours. He was driving up the M74 to sign for St Mirren when we came in with a better offer.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Contracts on 20:05 - Apr 28 with 3560 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What about Jimmy Keohane too.....he signed to the end of this season,get him on another year he has been good value.
Contracts on 21:15 - Apr 28 with 3456 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Contracts on 18:07 - Apr 28 by jonahwhereru

With the budget being sent on paying up Hill & Beech’s contracts the close season will be very tough I reckon.
He has to off load be it by releasing or loaning out. We are a battling but limited squad so we really need to get rid of plenty as the squad is still bloated. Plus the academy’s had a great year and I can see contacts being handed to some of them.

Clear out Williams 11, Inman, Morley, Done, gillam, Delaney, one of Alby or Andrew, plus Bunney, Pyke, Holden,Bunney, EEL and Hamilton go back, although the latter two would be welcomed back with open arms.

In terms of recruitment BMM knows better than me so won’t suggest names, but a left back, midfield general and a commanding centre half would benefit the team.

I wish BBM luck in what will be a tough window..

Do we we know for definite that their contracts would have been paid up ? Maybe there was a clause in their contracts that allowed for a different severance pay, and maybe thats paid in instalments. Either way, it’s possible that this coming seasons budget is less than this seasons due to tough financial situations.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 21:27]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Contracts on 21:56 - Apr 28 with 3376 viewsoddjob007

Contracts on 21:15 - Apr 28 by foreverhopefulDale

Do we we know for definite that their contracts would have been paid up ? Maybe there was a clause in their contracts that allowed for a different severance pay, and maybe thats paid in instalments. Either way, it’s possible that this coming seasons budget is less than this seasons due to tough financial situations.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 21:27]

We haven’t added to the coaching staff so nothing has changed - it’s entirely possible we are still paying Hill and Beech.

My guess is that they will still be on the payroll until they want to take another job - then it will get interesting.

Budget should not be affected.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 21:58]
Contracts on 22:41 - Apr 28 with 3292 viewskiwidale

Contracts on 21:56 - Apr 28 by oddjob007

We haven’t added to the coaching staff so nothing has changed - it’s entirely possible we are still paying Hill and Beech.

My guess is that they will still be on the payroll until they want to take another job - then it will get interesting.

Budget should not be affected.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 21:58]

Recent results would suggest the squad has enough quality to compete in div1 so suggestions of a mass clear out are premature. There will be players released but not on the scale suggested and good recruitment will be important. If we can secure the services of the two Nathans on season long loan plus a left back we will be good enough to continue to compete next season. Lonergan would be an excellent signing finances permitting if not Lillis will continue to be good enough, with the emergence of Keohane as a defensive midfield guvnor we would be in good shape. Where will the goals come from is a good question but there is no reason not to believe that Henderson will not get his usual 20 also Hamilton looks like he has goals in him maybe another 20? plus Done and Wilbraham will do for a start.

This is not the time for bickering.

Contracts on 10:45 - Apr 29 with 2990 viewssweetcorn

Contracts on 22:41 - Apr 28 by kiwidale

Recent results would suggest the squad has enough quality to compete in div1 so suggestions of a mass clear out are premature. There will be players released but not on the scale suggested and good recruitment will be important. If we can secure the services of the two Nathans on season long loan plus a left back we will be good enough to continue to compete next season. Lonergan would be an excellent signing finances permitting if not Lillis will continue to be good enough, with the emergence of Keohane as a defensive midfield guvnor we would be in good shape. Where will the goals come from is a good question but there is no reason not to believe that Henderson will not get his usual 20 also Hamilton looks like he has goals in him maybe another 20? plus Done and Wilbraham will do for a start.

What planet are you on? Of course this squad needs major surgery in the summer, we have around 6 players who are loanee’s and we should be looking to release/move on at least 7 players who arent nearly good enough to play weekly in this league.

My list would look something like this.. Williams, inman, camps, delaney, Wilbraham, andrew,
Gillam. Theres a couple more you could add to the list, but you’ve got to draw the line somewhere.

All those players would need replacing, as well as the loanee’s being replaced.. i’d rather we go back to having a smaller squad of players who are all at a certain level and can produce when called upon.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Contracts on 11:39 - Apr 29 with 2867 viewsD_Alien

Contracts on 10:45 - Apr 29 by sweetcorn

What planet are you on? Of course this squad needs major surgery in the summer, we have around 6 players who are loanee’s and we should be looking to release/move on at least 7 players who arent nearly good enough to play weekly in this league.

My list would look something like this.. Williams, inman, camps, delaney, Wilbraham, andrew,
Gillam. Theres a couple more you could add to the list, but you’ve got to draw the line somewhere.

All those players would need replacing, as well as the loanee’s being replaced.. i’d rather we go back to having a smaller squad of players who are all at a certain level and can produce when called upon.

"What planet are you on?"

The other side of ours. Waste of a rant

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contracts on 14:03 - Apr 29 with 2676 viewsSaxonDale

I think we've got some deadwood that needs shifting-mainly the players listed by Shun (although I'd keep Delaney), however I don't think we need a 10/11 player revamp. The vast majority of the squad we named Saturday I would like to see retained (although wages could mean there are better options out there) Think one of Hilly's biggest failures was after years of lamenting the loan system when it changed he ultimately struggled to adapt to it, with squads far too bloated and too many risk-signings. Although the League of Ireland might have players worth pursuing, there seems to be an adjustment period needed so I'd be wary of filling a squad with many more players from across the Irish sea.

Funny some have said they want Camps out, can't see that happening unless it's for a fee. I'm sure the award of Manager's POTS was a deliberate move by BBM to ensure Camps knows of his value here.
Contracts on 15:44 - Apr 29 with 2557 viewssweetcorn

Contracts on 11:39 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

"What planet are you on?"

The other side of ours. Waste of a rant

Cheers for that input..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Contracts on 15:48 - Apr 29 with 2550 viewstony_roch975

Contracts on 14:03 - Apr 29 by SaxonDale

I think we've got some deadwood that needs shifting-mainly the players listed by Shun (although I'd keep Delaney), however I don't think we need a 10/11 player revamp. The vast majority of the squad we named Saturday I would like to see retained (although wages could mean there are better options out there) Think one of Hilly's biggest failures was after years of lamenting the loan system when it changed he ultimately struggled to adapt to it, with squads far too bloated and too many risk-signings. Although the League of Ireland might have players worth pursuing, there seems to be an adjustment period needed so I'd be wary of filling a squad with many more players from across the Irish sea.

Funny some have said they want Camps out, can't see that happening unless it's for a fee. I'm sure the award of Manager's POTS was a deliberate move by BBM to ensure Camps knows of his value here.

A value many of us have always known - how the Manager's Player of the Season can be so undervalued by some on here beggars belief; however much his form fell off after his serious illness, if JT can be lauded for overcoming illness, why not Callum Camps?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Contracts on 16:07 - Apr 29 with 2507 viewsD_Alien

Contracts on 15:48 - Apr 29 by tony_roch975

A value many of us have always known - how the Manager's Player of the Season can be so undervalued by some on here beggars belief; however much his form fell off after his serious illness, if JT can be lauded for overcoming illness, why not Callum Camps?

Camps became ill at the start of the 2017/18 season. Yes, a debilitating illness and he took a while to recover and regain match fitness. References to his poor form have been made a full 18 months after that - if there is a link between the two after such a period of time, then he shouldn't have been selected due to being unfit to play

But he was selected, and played poorly. He's since recovered some of his form under BBM

Contracts on 16:19 - Apr 29 with 2475 viewsDaleyBrent

I'd be releasing/selling:

Delaney
Inman
Dooley
Andrew
Gillam
Williams (11)
Wilbraham - I feel like I need to justify this one; As superb as he's been these last few months, at 39 years old this can only last so long. His wages are sky high as well, which could be better spent elsewhere

I'd also be trying to retain EEL, Hamilton & Pyke for another season. All the other loanees i'm not too fussed by.
Contracts on 18:39 - Apr 29 with 2314 viewsseasidedale

agree with most of releases and returned loaned, think though that getting The 2 Ethan’s. I know he didn’t feature much under BBM but Holden might be a good replacement for Williams 11
Contracts on 19:06 - Apr 29 with 2252 viewsNorthernDale

I must say our biggest concern is the defence and we need to address this area. we need at least 2 central defenders,a left back, with Matherson and Nlithe as full back cover

Delaney is I believe is under contract to 2021, as he the ability to develop, that is the question?
McNulty - is a problem, he's improved in recent weeks, but is he good enough for league 1, I promote him to player coach/ reserve defender on a 1 year contract.
Nlthe - given him a new 1 year contract and develop him to a defensive midfielder, which I feel he would be suited for.
Wilbraham - give him a 1 year contract or possibly a 6 month contract.
Done - again give him a 1 year contract.
J Keohane - give him a 1 year contract

Ethan Hamilton and Ethan Ebanks_ Landell - we should try to sign them on permanent contracts or at least 1 year contracts

let go or do not sign:
J Dooley
J Williams (11)
B Inman
C Andrews -he is under contract for next season, but allow him to go
M Gillam - I once had great hopes for him, he is under contract for next season, so I would send him out on loan to get experience.
J Bunney - I would not sign him or take him back loan next season

I am unsure about A Morley, I think he is worth another contract, but send him out on loan at the same time.
Contracts on 19:06 - Apr 29 with 2252 viewsJames1980

On the subject of JW11. Wasn't there comments about lack of confidence? Perhaps he is worth keeping till at least January considering the esteem boost BBM has given the squad.
Andrew definitely worth keeping for his defensive capabilities, could he also do a job as a CDM? Perhaps the right manager would also inspire Inman.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contracts on 19:34 - Apr 29 with 2185 viewsYadHoDale

A lot also depends on other clubs. We have a reputation for developing and selling on players - Camps, Rathbone, Adshead and Matheson may all attract offers from bigger and richer clubs, and we won't stand in their way if a fee is agreed.

Then there's the Youth Teamers coming to the end of their training periods. The youth team has had another excellent season, several have been in and around the first team squad, and hopefully some will graduate to full contracts.

Then there's the loanees. While EEL would be great, he'll probably get better offers elsewhere, Ethan H may get the same, young Pyke may be nearer the first team at Huddersfield if they do a full rebuild after relegation, Sam Hart and Joe Bunney may get offers elsewhere, and so on.

Of course if BBM has a sense of symmetry (or possibly humour), he'll be after the young Barnsley full-back who they got from Huddersfield last summer, so we can have THREE Jordan Williams... :)
Contracts on 04:15 - Apr 30 with 1924 viewskiwidale

Contracts on 10:45 - Apr 29 by sweetcorn

I'm pissed off sweetcorn that I have to share the same planet as you but nothing that I can do about it, its destiny or football fate. However having to share the same message board with you is the football gods way of taking the piss. Cruel if you ask me.

"My list would look something like this.. Williams, inman, camps, delaney, Wilbraham, andrew, Gillam."

your released list is just your opinion and its one that's not shared going off the replies. As for the loans going back? we have no say in the matter so hardly major surgery. Releasing Camps is too silly for words. The youth players have hardly featured if at all on matchdays. Wilbraham and Andrew, I suspect and hope Wilbraham gets some kind of deal it will depend on how much money he wants and whether he gets a better offer elsewhere, at his age they wont be lining up and any wage is better than non. Andrew is still under contract as is Delaney which leaves Williams and Inman who I suspect will be released. There will be some surprises there always is but It wont be a cull by any means just normal end of a season business that every club will do. BBM along with Ellis will be tested on how they recruit but I suspect they will have targets lined up already, some of them will be the same targets that Hill has been after for years.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 4:50]

This is not the time for bickering.

Contracts on 10:17 - Apr 30 with 1748 viewsChaffRAFC

By my reckonning:

Matt Done
Brad Inman
Jim McNulty
Aaron Morley (May have an extension clause)
Kgosi Ntlhe
Oliver Rathbone (May have an extension clause?)
Aaron Wilbraham
Jordan Williams
Jimmy Keohane
Brad Wade (May have an extension clause)

Which only leaves the following contracted:

Calvin Andrew
Daniel Adshead
Callum Camps
Ryan Delaney
Stephen Dooley
Matty Gillam
Ian Henderson
Josh Lillis
MJ Williams
Ryan McLaughlin

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Contracts on 10:40 - Apr 30 with 1690 viewsleedsdale

Contracts on 10:17 - Apr 30 by ChaffRAFC

By my reckonning:

Matt Done
Brad Inman
Jim McNulty
Aaron Morley (May have an extension clause)
Kgosi Ntlhe
Oliver Rathbone (May have an extension clause?)
Aaron Wilbraham
Jordan Williams
Jimmy Keohane
Brad Wade (May have an extension clause)

Which only leaves the following contracted:

Calvin Andrew
Daniel Adshead
Callum Camps
Ryan Delaney
Stephen Dooley
Matty Gillam
Ian Henderson
Josh Lillis
MJ Williams
Ryan McLaughlin

That’s what I’ve got too, Chaff.

I would look to release: Inman, Done, Wilbraham, Williams

I’m still undecided about McNulty and Ntlhe. For the large part of the season they haven’t been up to the standard required but have both played well under BBM. McNulty seems to have a big presence in the changing room, so if he wanted to move into a coaching role then that would seem to make sense. Ntlhe adds versatility at a (probable) low wage. Tough call!
Contracts on 10:49 - Apr 30 with 1678 viewsJames1980

Contracts on 10:40 - Apr 30 by leedsdale

I’m still undecided about McNulty and Ntlhe. For the large part of the season they haven’t been up to the standard required but have both played well under BBM. McNulty seems to have a big presence in the changing room, so if he wanted to move into a coaching role then that would seem to make sense. Ntlhe adds versatility at a (probable) low wage. Tough call!

Jimmy Mac certainly comes across well in his interviews. Wouldn't be surprised if he did go into a coaching role of sorts be it with Dale or elsewhere hopefully Dale.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contracts on 11:05 - Apr 30 with 1640 viewsChaffRAFC

Contracts on 10:40 - Apr 30 by leedsdale

I'd go along with that. McNulty would only be getting a reduced deal if any and a year tops and in no way a deal that will see him as a first team member.

This squad has been poor overall and picked up under BBM but the fact they've under performed for two years previous cannot be ignored.

Inman and Williams have to be the first names on the released list and then I'd be adding Wilbraham, Done, Wade, Morley.

Ntlhe and McNulty I would possibly offer reduced one year deals while we should make Rathbone a priority to keep. Keohane, if he's not on a big wage may be an ok squad player.

Of the players who are contracted, I'd be looking at seeing if we can get Andrew and Gillam off the wage bill and maybe even Delaney but I can't see that happening.

Of the loan players, I'd love us to agree a deal for Ethan Hamilton for another season and Ethan Ebanks-Landell but suspect he has higher aspirations where Hamilton may be a more achievable option. The rest of the loanees haven't been good enough unfortunately.

If Lonergan becomes available, I'd be looking at doing what we can to sign him, I'd also be keeping an eye on the bury and Bolton situation for potential available players.

A massive summer for us if we're to avoid the troubles of the last two years.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Contracts on 11:51 - Apr 30 with 1577 viewsdingdangblue

Im surprised a few are wanting rid of Morley. He's only 19 and hasn't really been given a chance yet. His wages will be very low and whenever Ive seen him he's looked decent and certainly one who could progress.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Contracts on 12:32 - Apr 30 with 1487 viewsD_Alien

From what i've seen of Keohane, it'd be a yes. He's barely put a foot wrong and been part of the resurgence under BBM. Looks like a natural footballer and with versatility too, a valuable addition to the squad if BBM sees it that way too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024