Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 17:53 - Apr 27 with 15371 viewsShun

Does anyone know who’s out of contract this summer? I’d genuinely be very happy for most of the squad to still be here next season. Although I don’t see any place for Williams11, Delaney, Gillam or Inman, and I’m undecided over Andrew.

If we could get a season-long loan for both of the Ethans (Hamilton would be my Player of the Season if he’d been here since August) that would be great.
Contracts on 13:03 - Apr 30 with 3260 viewsDareToCalvin

Agreed with Morley. Talented player with potential in a squad with so many good young central midfielders. I'd be looking to resign him for sure, then perhaps send him out on loan to a good Conference side; a Fylde or Wrexham. As for everyone else, I'd be keeping and releasing:
Ntlhe - a talented player who isn't on a big wage, definitely does a job for us
McNulty - yes he makes mistakes but still a good centre back for us, whether you like him or not he's been immense these last couple of months and despite the odd mistake is always solid and gives his all for the cause, whilst also mentoring the younger lads.
Williams - Sorry but it's just not worked out, I've really wanted him to progress and do well but it just hasn't materialised, wish him the best of luck because he has always given his all for us but ultimately a League 2/Conference player.
Keohane - a player I've been really impressed with since signing, can play anywhere and every time I've seen him apart from Accrington in a tough game he's been a solid 7/10. He's another on a small wage so I'd keep him for a year.
Rathbone - the main priority. Yes we have other CMs in the squad who are talented but Rathbone's hunger and engine are unrivalled and does such a good job when called upon. I have a feeling we have an extension clause with him so it shouldn't be a problem if true.
Done - Keep, but on lower wages, so long as he is deployed as an attacker and is never seen at left back again. Still a good player for us but not key, as his current wages suggest.
Wilbraham - Suppose thats up to him and how his legs feel but he has been the pivotal reason for me as to why we've stayed up (alongside the 2 Ethans), he's been nothing short of absolute class. If possible, keep but again on a lower wage.
Inman - let go. Loved him last season for us but this year it's not worked out, again gives his all but is too lightweight and is a luxury player that I think would only do well in a good team.
Morley - As mentioned above, keep, but send out on loan for a season.
Do everything we can to get the 2 Ethan's back, although I think both are very unlikely.
Contracts on 13:07 - Apr 30 with 3249 viewsboromat

Contracts on 10:17 - Apr 30 by ChaffRAFC

By my reckonning:

Matt Done
Brad Inman
Jim McNulty
Aaron Morley (May have an extension clause)
Kgosi Ntlhe
Oliver Rathbone (May have an extension clause?)
Aaron Wilbraham
Jordan Williams
Jimmy Keohane
Brad Wade (May have an extension clause)

Which only leaves the following contracted:

Calvin Andrew
Daniel Adshead
Callum Camps
Ryan Delaney
Stephen Dooley
Matty Gillam
Ian Henderson
Josh Lillis
MJ Williams
Ryan McLaughlin

My list is pretty short from that lot

Inman (Never reached the form that got him the move to Peterborough)
Williams (Bit gutted about this one really wanted him to do well after spending money on him)
Wade (Not heard great things and has never really been trusted)

I think Jim would be good as a player/coach on a reduced contract but bumped up by putting him through some badges if he's not already done them.

Done is a ultimate pro and still has a lot to offer.
Morley I rate but he needs the game time. I hope he gets it.
Ntlhe has been brilliant for BBM and deserves a contract
Rathbone no comment required
Wilbraham has also been great for BBM I just hope he can continue his form and fitness for a full season
Keohane looks like a great utility squad player

It's going to be interesting I think the problem is that in some way the wrong players are out of contract and we do need a good freshen up. Might be some surprises.

Hill always said we had to sell a player every season to meet financial budgets. I'll be gutted but I think it might be Camps time to get his move. Lund, Allen and Cannon have all had theirs. On the positive it might give Adshead and Morley more of an opportunity.

We'll need replacements for Hamilton, Bunney and EEL. We'll also want a Striker and a Keeper.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Contracts (n/t) on 14:02 - Apr 30 with 3146 viewsD_Dale

Contracts on 13:07 - Apr 30 by boromat

Williams (Bit gutted about this one really wanted him to do well after spending money on him)

I think Jim would be good as a player/coach on a reduced contract but bumped up by putting him through some badges if he's not already done them.

Wilbraham has also been great for BBM I just hope he can continue his form and fitness for a full season

It's going to be interesting I think the problem is that in some way the wrong players are out of contract and we do need a good freshen up. Might be some surprises.

Hill always said we had to sell a player every season to meet financial budgets. I'll be gutted but I think it might be Camps time to get his move. Lund, Allen and Cannon have all had theirs. On the positive it might give Adshead and Morley more of an opportunity.

We'll need replacements for Hamilton, Bunney and EEL. We'll also want a Striker and a Keeper.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 18:31]
Contracts on 14:16 - Apr 30 with 3114 viewsjudd

Hendo is going to bury.

Isn't that what the bucket rats were telling us a while ago?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Contracts on 14:38 - Apr 30 with 3079 viewskiwidale

BBM and TE have some decisions to make do they trust and reward the players who have shown they can and want to play for him? They have responded brilliantly for the new boss who got the Job permanently because of them loyalty goes a long way in football. Do they overhaul or make additions where necessary? They in turn have worked with the squad and worked under Hill they will know exactly why the team under performed under Hill. I trust them to get it right.

This is not the time for bickering.

Contracts on 14:40 - Apr 30 with 3079 viewselectricblue

Im sure that Hill said Inman signed only for 12mths as thats all the player wanted so hill agreed...

Isnt williams on a longer deal! if so maybe its time to either loan him out or sell on n take a hit...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Contracts on 14:45 - Apr 30 with 3065 viewskiwidale

Contracts on 14:40 - Apr 30 by electricblue

Im sure that Hill said Inman signed only for 12mths as thats all the player wanted so hill agreed...

Isnt williams on a longer deal! if so maybe its time to either loan him out or sell on n take a hit...

I suspect Inman will be released but he is just one of the players who Hill could not get the best out of, mybe Hill was the problem?

This is not the time for bickering.

Contracts on 14:55 - Apr 30 with 3032 viewsdingdangblue

Contracts on 14:40 - Apr 30 by electricblue

Jordan Williams signed from Barrow on a 2 year deal.
He's free to go.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Contracts on 15:18 - Apr 30 with 2993 viewsnordenblue

Contracts on 14:45 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

I suspect Inman will be released but he is just one of the players who Hill could not get the best out of, mybe Hill was the problem?

The fact BBM doesn't fancy playing him either probably tells its own story
Contracts on 15:32 - Apr 30 with 2967 viewsseasidedale

Problem is we are not allowed to offer lower terms, EFL rules (I think I read it somewhere) that player must be offered same or greater terms or they are entitled to go
Contracts on 16:42 - Apr 30 with 2864 viewsD_Alien

Contracts on 15:32 - Apr 30 by seasidedale

Problem is we are not allowed to offer lower terms, EFL rules (I think I read it somewhere) that player must be offered same or greater terms or they are entitled to go

But they're entitled to go anyway - if they get offered a better deal

We can only offer what we think they're worth as a member of a squad. If they choose to wait until that offer comes along they might miss out altogether

It's a perennial balancing act, and most other clubs at our level will be able to outbid us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contracts on 16:52 - Apr 30 with 2830 viewsisitme

If a player is out of contract they are free to sign wherever. Many players, especially older ones will be offered contracts with less generous terms by their current club and accept them. Relocating, travelling, uncertainty all play a factor in deciding what club to sign for.

The lower terms rule does apply to younger players and compensation. In order to be entitled to compensation a player must be offered a new contract on terms equal to or better than what they are currently on.
Contracts on 16:54 - Apr 30 with 2820 viewsdingdangblue

I think the rule you are thinking of concerns U24 players who are out of contract? I think we get compensation if we offer them the same terms and they choose to leave - compensation has to be paid by his new club. Obviously if we dont offer any terms or reduced terms they are free to leave.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Contracts on 18:27 - Apr 30 with 2660 viewsD_Dale

Contracts on 13:07 - Apr 30 by boromat

"Hill always said we had to sell a player every season to meet financial budgets. I'll be gutted but I think it might be Camps time to get his move. Lund, Allen and Cannon have all had theirs. On the positive it might give Adshead and Morley more of an opportunity. "

Didn't Lund leave on a free transfer in the summer of 1917 (and hasn't done much since)?

Cannon went about four months ago, in early January, for a plausibly reported £150k (but injuries have limited him to only two appearances, though he's maybe looking forward to appearing in the Championship next season).

Harrison McGahey also went about four months ago, for an 'undisclosed sum', and has made ten appearances for a struggling Scunny.

Rafferty - who seems to be edging into the Preston team - also went for a payment in the January window. So maybe enough has been done to balance the books for the current year.

BTW, no one on this thread has, I think, mentioned Zach Clough, who several posters, in the early weeks of his loan, felt hadn't been given enough chance to shine.
Contracts on 18:35 - Apr 30 with 2629 viewsrichfoad32

Contracts on 18:27 - Apr 30 by D_Dale

"Hill always said we had to sell a player every season to meet financial budgets. I'll be gutted but I think it might be Camps time to get his move. Lund, Allen and Cannon have all had theirs. On the positive it might give Adshead and Morley more of an opportunity. "

Didn't Lund leave on a free transfer in the summer of 1917 (and hasn't done much since)?

Cannon went about four months ago, in early January, for a plausibly reported £150k (but injuries have limited him to only two appearances, though he's maybe looking forward to appearing in the Championship next season).

Harrison McGahey also went about four months ago, for an 'undisclosed sum', and has made ten appearances for a struggling Scunny.

Rafferty - who seems to be edging into the Preston team - also went for a payment in the January window. So maybe enough has been done to balance the books for the current year.

BTW, no one on this thread has, I think, mentioned Zach Clough, who several posters, in the early weeks of his loan, felt hadn't been given enough chance to shine.

Not surprised that Lund hasn't done much since, he'd be struggling to get around the pitch at that age!
Contracts on 19:47 - Apr 30 with 2510 viewsisitme

Contracts on 18:35 - Apr 30 by richfoad32

Not surprised that Lund hasn't done much since, he'd be struggling to get around the pitch at that age!

Great player when fit, but he is always injured.
Contracts on 19:50 - Apr 30 with 2501 viewssykeboy

Contracts on 19:47 - Apr 30 by isitme

Great player when fit, but he is always injured.

Which also is a good description of Cannon
Contracts on 19:59 - Apr 30 with 2475 viewsSuddenLad

Contracts on 19:50 - Apr 30 by sykeboy

Which also is a good description of Cannon

and Zak Clough...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Contracts on 20:40 - Apr 30 with 2406 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Lund I believe has a degenerative knee injury. Could well be something that either ends or limits his career.

Was just wondering the other day if we managed to get EEL in on probably big wages as we knew Harrison was going/gone. I can’t recall which tbh.

Also wonder if cannon on loan next year might me an option if Pompey go up. I suppose all guesswork. Would love to keep alby here as a player coach with maybe us helping him develop coaching qualifications but on a reduced wage.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Contracts on 21:06 - Apr 30 with 2356 views49thseason

There are better players than Cannon already at the club. Adshead needs game time and Morley should be in front of a loan midfielder who wanted to get away from Rochdale... Apparently.
Contracts on 21:29 - Apr 30 with 2307 viewsD_Dale

Contracts on 20:40 - Apr 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Lund I believe has a degenerative knee injury. Could well be something that either ends or limits his career.

Was just wondering the other day if we managed to get EEL in on probably big wages as we knew Harrison was going/gone. I can’t recall which tbh.

Also wonder if cannon on loan next year might me an option if Pompey go up. I suppose all guesswork. Would love to keep alby here as a player coach with maybe us helping him develop coaching qualifications but on a reduced wage.

Tough for Lund, though it doesn't seem to have lessened his physical approach (12 yellow cards in 26 appearances for Scunny).

As for EEL, even if Wolves release him I'd expect richer clubs to be interested in
signing an ex-Premier player. Alby's experience might lead to offers (at Tranmere say, where the manager snapped up past-35 year-old Dave Perkins [on the bench tonight - maybe he should have been brought on to help defend the lead against the Buckets]).

Cannon: I doubt Kenny Jackett would want to allow a fit Cannon to come here on loan (it would make signing him look a bit silly) and there'd be no point in loaning an unfit Cannon.
Contracts on 10:54 - May 1 with 2058 viewsChaffRAFC

Contracts on 20:40 - Apr 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Lund was injury prone with us but I'd still have him back in a heartbeat. Class player when he was fit. Complete midfielder at this level, scored goals and got stuck in as well as being a very good passer. We've missed him massively since he left.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Contracts on 12:41 - May 1 with 1931 viewsDorkingDale

Contracts on 21:15 - Apr 28 by foreverhopefulDale

Do we we know for definite that their contracts would have been paid up ? Maybe there was a clause in their contracts that allowed for a different severance pay, and maybe thats paid in instalments. Either way, it’s possible that this coming seasons budget is less than this seasons due to tough financial situations.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 21:27]

On Saturday night I asked Jim whether he would be with us next season and he immediately replied with a very firm "yes", which made me think he had been given some reassurance.
Contracts on 17:06 - May 1 with 1714 viewsjonesy

Most people seem to have missed the humour in the comment?
Contracts on 18:01 - May 1 with 1632 views1907

Wonder if we finally may get hold of Buchanan? What’s his contractual status at Northampton?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024