Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adshead 15:40 - Jun 18 with 27885 viewsColDale

Adshead on 20:42 - Jun 18 with 4782 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Adshead on 20:20 - Jun 18 by boromat

Maybe it's £300k a year for the length of his contract?

For what it’s worth, I am based in east anglia, I have heard 3 vastly different tales off 3 fans, the one I trust most is first. Don’t know if they are true but......

450k up front, 30% sell on and and various appearance international stuff. Apparently capped at 2 million regardless of what happens!

325k with fees paid per appearance and international stuff.

675k with no appearance or other bonus but sell on of 20%

I honestly don’t know but that’s what I have heard from Carrow rd, the first has links to the club, others are just fans.

I think it’s a good deal for us overall if option 1 or 3 applies

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Adshead on 20:43 - Jun 18 with 4777 viewsjudd

I dont have an issue with an undisclosed fee, especially at this time of the year.
It's been standard practice for this club for several seasons, including the bloody good ones.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Adshead on 21:14 - Jun 18 with 4619 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 20:42 - Jun 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

For what it’s worth, I am based in east anglia, I have heard 3 vastly different tales off 3 fans, the one I trust most is first. Don’t know if they are true but......

450k up front, 30% sell on and and various appearance international stuff. Apparently capped at 2 million regardless of what happens!

325k with fees paid per appearance and international stuff.

675k with no appearance or other bonus but sell on of 20%

I honestly don’t know but that’s what I have heard from Carrow rd, the first has links to the club, others are just fans.

I think it’s a good deal for us overall if option 1 or 3 applies

Norwich are on a roll. They’ve had a bid accepted for Motherwell’s David Turnbull, too. Another gifted young player with potential.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Adshead on 21:19 - Jun 18 with 4594 viewsDySporting

Adshead on 21:14 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

Norwich are on a roll. They’ve had a bid accepted for Motherwell’s David Turnbull, too. Another gifted young player with potential.

It’s been their way of dealing for the last 2 years. Young players alongside some with experience

Some young signings such as Buendia who was signed from the Spanish 2nd Division and Vranic, Trybull and Zimmerman have been great successes

Others have fallen by the wayside, some moved on within 6 months.

They’ve looked for experienced bargains - Krul on a free, Pukki on a free - last season they spent £1 million in actual transfer fees and received over £50 million
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 21:51]
Adshead on 21:38 - Jun 18 with 4497 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Adshead on 21:19 - Jun 18 by DySporting

It’s been their way of dealing for the last 2 years. Young players alongside some with experience

Some young signings such as Buendia who was signed from the Spanish 2nd Division and Vranic, Trybull and Zimmerman have been great successes

They’ve looked for experienced bargains - Krul on a free, Pukki on a free - last season they spent £1 million in actual transfer fees and received over £50 million

It’s interesting when you compare Ipswich and Norwich DY.

Norwich is a far wealthier place to live, a nicer place tbh, but ground capacity is way below Ipswich, and historically ipswich are a bigger club.

Marcus Evans is killing Ipswich as a club with lack of funding but Norwich are flourishing.

Considering there is nothing other than Colchester and Southend anywhere near this area the attendance is shocking!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Adshead on 21:50 - Jun 18 with 4442 views49thseason

Adshead on 17:48 - Jun 18 by James1980

My guess is the deal will be based on amongst other factors the following.
Time left on his Dale contract.
Likelihood of breaking into the first team this season
If he gets one, Hill's slice of the transfer fee.
Also if any other clubs put in a bid

I can't see that Hill would receive anything from this. Such deals would be regarded as bonus payments and as such he would not be entitled to them unless of course, he wrote his own contract.
Adshead on 21:59 - Jun 18 with 4400 viewsDySporting

Adshead on 21:38 - Jun 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

It’s interesting when you compare Ipswich and Norwich DY.

Norwich is a far wealthier place to live, a nicer place tbh, but ground capacity is way below Ipswich, and historically ipswich are a bigger club.

Marcus Evans is killing Ipswich as a club with lack of funding but Norwich are flourishing.

Considering there is nothing other than Colchester and Southend anywhere near this area the attendance is shocking!

Norwich have a plan and ipswich don't. Their capacity is 3000 more than Norwich's but they struggle to get 50% capacity. Norwich for last decade are running on 95% of the ground full. Evan's has quite successfully stagnated the club.
Two seasons ago ipswich spent more on wages than all of their income. Evans tightened his belt and they were relegated. They'll need more than Norwood next season.
As for Norwich I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 20th but I could see them finishing mid table. The way they play will see some real drubbings but they'll also score a few.
Adshead on 22:20 - Jun 18 with 4316 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Adshead on 21:19 - Jun 18 by DySporting

Thanks for the Canary end of this deal DY........When I see Norwich on the box I often see Tim Krul as a bit of a weak link.....am I way off the mark?

Liverpool suffered for years with poor goalkeepers ( Karius for example), but now have it all sorted.
Login to get fewer ads

Adshead on 22:32 - Jun 18 with 4265 viewsJames1980

Adshead on 21:59 - Jun 18 by DySporting

Norwich have a plan and ipswich don't. Their capacity is 3000 more than Norwich's but they struggle to get 50% capacity. Norwich for last decade are running on 95% of the ground full. Evan's has quite successfully stagnated the club.
Two seasons ago ipswich spent more on wages than all of their income. Evans tightened his belt and they were relegated. They'll need more than Norwood next season.
As for Norwich I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 20th but I could see them finishing mid table. The way they play will see some real drubbings but they'll also score a few.

A lad who comes in my local supports Fulham and was lambasting them for playing tiki taka against superior teams in the premier league.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Adshead on 22:51 - Jun 18 with 4214 viewsDySporting

Adshead on 22:20 - Jun 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thanks for the Canary end of this deal DY........When I see Norwich on the box I often see Tim Krul as a bit of a weak link.....am I way off the mark?

Liverpool suffered for years with poor goalkeepers ( Karius for example), but now have it all sorted.

Krul had a shaky start but improved from what I can gather. They are being linked with a few keepers so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as No 2
Adshead on 01:42 - Jun 19 with 4022 viewsDiddyDave

Fantastic move for the lad,it certainly wouldn`t do his confidence and his career much good enduring another season at Dale who will no doubt struggle again. Lovely part of the country too,David Cross did well when he went there,so let`s hope playing under a top manager and a club on the up will help to make Daniel into a great player.
Adshead on 06:46 - Jun 19 with 3891 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

People look at the initial fee and make this their focus far too often.

If it was 300k or 3m, we don't suddenly get a cheque in the post for the full amount (I'd be sure most know this). By the time payments are triggered there could/should well be other monies coming to us with add-ons.

I recall some time back one of our former Directors said that we know exactly what we're doing when it comes to the add-ons. I believed it then and I believe it now.

The phrase 'we know how to stitch them up' was used :-)

We were making money out of Rickie Lambert's career moves years after he left Dale if I remember rightly..?
Adshead on 07:26 - Jun 19 with 3814 viewspioneer

Adshead on 17:45 - Jun 18 by SandyDrum

Obviously there will be add-ons etc included in this deal.
People going mad about a potential (unconfirmed) 300k deal need to settle down a bit.

If Adshead has the potential, he will move on for a much higher fee in the future and we will get a healthy cut from it.

Just like we did when Hogan etc moved on. These are the deals that have allowed us to be competitive in League One for 6 seasons now. Without these deals we probably can't afford the wages of Hendo, Wilbraham and we go back to struggling in League Two.

Good luck to the lad, hopefully a few England caps under his belt in the future!

Dont like them at all the add ons. Its just a way of the buying club placing all the risk onto the selling club. They low ball us on the fee by offering add ons...if the bloke turns out to be a failure they get away with paying only the ridiculously low initial fee. If we get a proper fee up front all the risk is on the buying club.
Adshead on 07:28 - Jun 19 with 3810 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 06:46 - Jun 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

People look at the initial fee and make this their focus far too often.

If it was 300k or 3m, we don't suddenly get a cheque in the post for the full amount (I'd be sure most know this). By the time payments are triggered there could/should well be other monies coming to us with add-ons.

I recall some time back one of our former Directors said that we know exactly what we're doing when it comes to the add-ons. I believed it then and I believe it now.

The phrase 'we know how to stitch them up' was used :-)

We were making money out of Rickie Lambert's career moves years after he left Dale if I remember rightly..?

The key phrase there is “some time ago”. The at-the-time Chief Executive Colin Garlick was credited with this. He made us a lot of money. The football world has long since caught up and on.

Of course, you’re right about how transfer fees are paid but an initial fee of £1m, for example, still trumps £300k, whatever the method. It’s today’s market (I think it’s crazy but we should still price accordingly).

Still, I’m assured we’ve been paid a lot more than £300k, so I guess time will tell.

Adshead on 08:30 - Jun 19 with 3648 viewsD_Alien

Adshead on 07:26 - Jun 19 by pioneer

Dont like them at all the add ons. Its just a way of the buying club placing all the risk onto the selling club. They low ball us on the fee by offering add ons...if the bloke turns out to be a failure they get away with paying only the ridiculously low initial fee. If we get a proper fee up front all the risk is on the buying club.

In that scenario, the buying club would be much less likely to take the risk, and the prospects for lower league clubs like Dale, who produce promising youngsters would greatly diminish

Once again, it needs to be fully thought through. And there's more. A much bigger up front fee would encourage selling clubs (in general) to be more profligate rather than carefully budgeting, and fans would be on their backs to do so

No, the moderate initial fee, paid in stages, plus add ons suits clubs like Dale to a tee

[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 8:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adshead on 10:04 - Jun 19 with 3481 views49thseason

Adshead on 08:30 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

In that scenario, the buying club would be much less likely to take the risk, and the prospects for lower league clubs like Dale, who produce promising youngsters would greatly diminish

Once again, it needs to be fully thought through. And there's more. A much bigger up front fee would encourage selling clubs (in general) to be more profligate rather than carefully budgeting, and fans would be on their backs to do so

No, the moderate initial fee, paid in stages, plus add ons suits clubs like Dale to a tee

Another advantage of sensible pricing is that young players know we will get them on their way to bigger clubs without a big hassles over the fee. This encourages more youngsters to consider joining the Rochdale Academy, equally players who have dropped out the premiership academies know that if they play well at Rochdale they will be noticed more quickly.
Adshead on 13:43 - Jun 19 with 3196 viewsjonahwhereru

I expect the Dale to struggle next season. Dan found the relegation scraps a challenge last season, and judge by the Norwich signing picture hasn’t grown or bulked up noticibly since I last saw him. I was not expecting a break through season from him for us next season, where he became a significant cog in the first team.
With all the youngsters on pro contracts I think this deal makes sense. We could do with the fee being spent on a seasoned and robust box to box midfielder. This deal reminds me of the Bywater one, in that he had negligible first team experience but had played for England. I have rarely heard anyone lamenting that deal.
If Norwich remain in the premier league for 3 season I would still be surprised if Dan had broken into the first team.
It
The deal is also a great endorsement of our academy and will only help in attracting other talented youngsters.
Adshead on 14:26 - Jun 19 with 3113 viewspioneer

Adshead on 08:30 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

a big difference between a big fee paid in instalments and add ons which are conditional, both in principle and in accounting terms. The first represents a guaranteed future income, the second is not.
Adshead on 18:13 - Jun 19 with 2853 viewsDySporting

Adshead on 21:14 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

Norwich have denied any talks have taken place. He's a player of interest...
Adshead on 18:17 - Jun 19 with 2843 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 18:13 - Jun 19 by DySporting

Norwich have denied any talks have taken place. He's a player of interest...

Slight disclaimer here, I have a personal interest in Motherwell for family reasons. I got a heads up from someone at the club last night that Norwich certainly have made contact. However, the whole reason the Turnbull deal fell through with Celtic is down to his agent. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s involved again here.

Adshead on 18:19 - Jun 19 with 2832 viewsDySporting

Adshead on 18:17 - Jun 19 by fitzochris

Slight disclaimer here, I have a personal interest in Motherwell for family reasons. I got a heads up from someone at the club last night that Norwich certainly have made contact. However, the whole reason the Turnbull deal fell through with Celtic is down to his agent. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s involved again here.

They are definitely interested but it's probably at the enquiry stage at the mo
Adshead on 18:20 - Jun 19 with 2822 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 18:19 - Jun 19 by DySporting

They are definitely interested but it's probably at the enquiry stage at the mo

It’s not what Motherwell have told the Scottish media.

Somebody’s at It.

[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 18:22]

Adshead on 19:21 - Jun 19 with 2706 viewsSuddenLad

According to TalkSport, it's a done deal. Turnbull to Norwich, having turned down Celtic to play in the Premiership.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Adshead on 21:06 - Jun 19 with 2530 viewsDySporting

This are the quotes from Norwich

City are interested in the attacking midfielder but no talks have taken place with Turnbull or his representatives.

The 19-year-old is expected to discuss a potential move south with a number of clubs in England over the coming days.

Championship duo Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City have both been strongly linked with the highly-rated midfielder, while Southampton had been mooted as a possible rival for his signature.

Turnbull was reportedly absent on Wednesday as the rest of Motherwell's squad returned for pre-season training. But speculation he was in Norwich to agree personal terms and undergo a medical is wide of the mark.
Adshead on 06:25 - Jun 20 with 2228 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Adshead on 07:28 - Jun 19 by fitzochris

The key phrase there is “some time ago”. The at-the-time Chief Executive Colin Garlick was credited with this. He made us a lot of money. The football world has long since caught up and on.

Of course, you’re right about how transfer fees are paid but an initial fee of £1m, for example, still trumps £300k, whatever the method. It’s today’s market (I think it’s crazy but we should still price accordingly).

Still, I’m assured we’ve been paid a lot more than £300k, so I guess time will tell.

I don't see where the football world has caught up with anything - it's still a cash rich business where the immediacy of success on the pitch far outweighs the long term critical thinking when it comes to the terms & impact of transfers. Hence clubs going into administration, failed Managers receiving huge sums at payout time and again, players throwing tantrums to get more cash or force moves. Successful businessmen lose all their business logic when they put money into football clubs. Greed and corruption are ingrained in the sport.

I agree with your last line, we don't spend time and effort developing players that will become saleable assets to knock them out cheap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024