Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford 19:45 - Jan 25 with 27768 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford 25th Jan 2021 19:42
Rochdale take on League One's form team on Tuesday night as Oxford United make the trip north to Spotland. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 22:48 - Jan 25 with 6133 viewsIOMDale

Very tough game this. Oxford unbeaten in ten in all competitions since losing to Swindon back at the end of November - just hope Beesley and Humphrys are fit and play as a forward two to give us some much-needed impetus.

UTDNFS

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 00:53 - Jan 26 with 6076 viewspioneer

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 22:48 - Jan 25 by IOMDale

Very tough game this. Oxford unbeaten in ten in all competitions since losing to Swindon back at the end of November - just hope Beesley and Humphrys are fit and play as a forward two to give us some much-needed impetus.

and we manage to squeeze a half out of McShane....our survival will depend on us improving defensively.
Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 07:32 - Jan 26 with 6002 viewsIOMDale

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 00:53 - Jan 26 by pioneer

and we manage to squeeze a half out of McShane....our survival will depend on us improving defensively.

I’m pessimistically expecting no defensive reinforcements tonight - probably the same back four as Saturday.

UTDNFS

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:14 - Jan 26 with 5908 viewsOxDale

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19038039.oxford-united-boss-karl-robinson-hai
Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:25 - Jan 26 with 5873 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:14 - Jan 26 by OxDale

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19038039.oxford-united-boss-karl-robinson-hai

It feels like this happens before every game we play at the moment, where the opposition manager is a little too quick to praise BBM in their pre-match comments.

I'm not sure it's a good thing. It reminds me a little of how Klopp and Guardiola would praise Bournemouth & Howe for being expansive before beating them 5-0.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:49 - Jan 26 with 5824 viewsfitzochris

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:25 - Jan 26 by AtThePeake

It feels like this happens before every game we play at the moment, where the opposition manager is a little too quick to praise BBM in their pre-match comments.

I'm not sure it's a good thing. It reminds me a little of how Klopp and Guardiola would praise Bournemouth & Howe for being expansive before beating them 5-0.

At least Robinson has got his name right :)

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 10:06 - Jan 26 with 5788 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:49 - Jan 26 by fitzochris

At least Robinson has got his name right :)

I wish this and the Rovers game were reversed. THis game could define our season. Win it and it will be a real shot in the arm. A draw would be a good result in a sense, but we do need the confidence builder of a win. Loose it and that is loads of pressure , and getting thumped would leave the board with questions to answer and decisions to make.
Can’t watch tonight but I will be viewing updates through my fingers.
Still, glass half full let’s hope the squad is stronger than Saturday and a win is gained.

UTD
Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 10:11 - Jan 26 with 5765 viewsfitzochris

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:25 - Jan 26 by AtThePeake

God. Upon reading the piece, you quickly realise it's a load of condescending nonsense too.

“The raw statistics point to a team struggling, yet with one of the smallest budgets in the third tier, they are nonetheless punching above their weight.”

Patronising. So are Accrington, for example. Our budget is also a bit of a myth this season, with so many other clubs having imposed wage restrictions on players, while we haven’t.

“Barry-Murphy had to cope with the exits of key attacking duo Ian Henderson and Callum Camps last summer, but only four clubs have scored more than their 35 goals.”

Yes, and he was allowed to spend £130k on two replacements. Let’s be honest too — Camps wasn’t the loss he is being made out to be here because he wasn’t used properly for a good deal of the time he was with us.

“Brian Barry-Murphy is not getting anywhere near the compliments he should be getting,” the U’s head coach said. “It baffles me.

Why? He gets lots of plaudits — especially for his coaching prowess. Who else should he be getting praise from?

“You see an unpredictability in their results and you’d argue that’s because they don’t have the ability to keep hold of players for long periods of time.”

That’s a bit of a fallacy. Using the two players he namechecked — Henderson was with us for seven years and Camps the same, as a pro.

“You have to be brave in your philosophy knowing you can’t compete with some teams and they’ve certainly done that.”

This is a bit of shithousery from Robinson. Probably hoping that we will play in a nice predictable manner.

“I look from afar and think what they’ve done over the last ten years is incredible — the youth players they bring through, the signings that they make,” Robinson added.

That’s credit to the business model put in place by Chris Dunphy and Andy Kelly’s development of the Academy. The signings you have to give Keith Hill and BBM credit for, yes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 11:21 - Jan 26 with 5597 viewsdingdangblue

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 10:11 - Jan 26 by fitzochris

God. Upon reading the piece, you quickly realise it's a load of condescending nonsense too.

“The raw statistics point to a team struggling, yet with one of the smallest budgets in the third tier, they are nonetheless punching above their weight.”

Patronising. So are Accrington, for example. Our budget is also a bit of a myth this season, with so many other clubs having imposed wage restrictions on players, while we haven’t.

“Barry-Murphy had to cope with the exits of key attacking duo Ian Henderson and Callum Camps last summer, but only four clubs have scored more than their 35 goals.”

Yes, and he was allowed to spend £130k on two replacements. Let’s be honest too — Camps wasn’t the loss he is being made out to be here because he wasn’t used properly for a good deal of the time he was with us.

“Brian Barry-Murphy is not getting anywhere near the compliments he should be getting,” the U’s head coach said. “It baffles me.

Why? He gets lots of plaudits — especially for his coaching prowess. Who else should he be getting praise from?

“You see an unpredictability in their results and you’d argue that’s because they don’t have the ability to keep hold of players for long periods of time.”

That’s a bit of a fallacy. Using the two players he namechecked — Henderson was with us for seven years and Camps the same, as a pro.

“You have to be brave in your philosophy knowing you can’t compete with some teams and they’ve certainly done that.”

This is a bit of shithousery from Robinson. Probably hoping that we will play in a nice predictable manner.

“I look from afar and think what they’ve done over the last ten years is incredible — the youth players they bring through, the signings that they make,” Robinson added.

That’s credit to the business model put in place by Chris Dunphy and Andy Kelly’s development of the Academy. The signings you have to give Keith Hill and BBM credit for, yes.

Must be that famous Scouse wit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 11:29 - Jan 26 with 5580 viewsnordenblue

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 11:21 - Jan 26 by dingdangblue

Must be that famous Scouse wit.

They need it at the minute....
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 12:53 - Jan 26 with 5420 viewsboromat

Reminder 7pm Kick Off tonight to keep us all on our toes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 5365 viewsncfc_chalky

I'm looking forward to at least a five goal thriller with ten man Dale securing all three points in the 95th minute

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 13:48 - Jan 26 with 5305 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 13:19 - Jan 26 by ncfc_chalky

I'm looking forward to at least a five goal thriller with ten man Dale securing all three points in the 95th minute

I only Chalkz?.......

Is their "hotshot" striker Matty Taylor on a ban tonight,noticed someone commented to that effect on Saturday?

Might help us a tad.....besides,when were we last awarded a Penalty?
Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 14:00 - Jan 26 with 5272 viewsrichfoad32

Aren't all pre match pieces with opposing managers and players snow jobs, where they're careful to say nothing controversial? I could be wrong, I rarely bother reading them.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 14:06 - Jan 26 with 5247 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 13:48 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

I only Chalkz?.......

Is their "hotshot" striker Matty Taylor on a ban tonight,noticed someone commented to that effect on Saturday?

Might help us a tad.....besides,when were we last awarded a Penalty?

No he isn't banned as Oxford have played more than 19 games.

Our last penalty was in the 5-0 win at Wigan on 15th December.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford on 14:54 - Jan 26 with 5160 viewsDaleiLama

Love shithousery

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:02 - Jan 26 with 4837 viewsboromat

Good to see Humphrys back

McLaughlin isolating is frustrating. Let's hope Done has a good showing.

Beasley nowhere to be seen is a worry. Hope he's ok.

Very young bench even for us!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 18:03]

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:09 - Jan 26 with 4763 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:02 - Jan 26 by boromat

Jesus christ Done at Left Back .

Can't believe 4 weeks into transfer window and still no left back, totally unacceptable.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:18 - Jan 26 with 4691 viewsblackdogblue

On the plus side KB starting so not wrapping him in cotton wool for a potential last minute.com transfer?

Put KB as predictive text has a wobbler 🤣

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:19 - Jan 26 with 4683 viewsfinberty

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:09 - Jan 26 by mightydale

Jesus christ Done at Left Back .

Can't believe 4 weeks into transfer window and still no left back, totally unacceptable.

Tonight's the night he skins his man and puts over the searching cross that Humps nets for the winner.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:21 - Jan 26 with 4670 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:02 - Jan 26 by boromat

That bench will be the reason for a 7pm kick off.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:23 - Jan 26 with 4647 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:21 - Jan 26 by judd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:24 - Jan 26 with 4629 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:21 - Jan 26 by judd

If they're not in bed before 10pm, they could be called before the Queen's Bench

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:25 - Jan 26 with 4607 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:19 - Jan 26 by finberty

Tonight's the night he skins his man and puts over the searching cross that Humps nets for the winner.

Fair’s fair, he did exactly that for Dooley in the last home game and Dooley messed up the header. Would have played Dunne tonight though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:26 - Jan 26 with 4605 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:19 - Jan 26 by finberty

To be fair, he's got in a few decent scoring positions from left back (without sticking them away, admittedly) it's just the defensive side of his game found wanting. But it ain't his fault he keeps getting plugged in there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024