Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale 16:20 - Apr 1 with 16167 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Portsmouth vs Rochdale 1st Apr 2021 16:19
Rochdale return from the international break with a tough trip to Fratton Park to face promotion-chasing Portsmouth on Good Friday. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 15:54 - Apr 2 with 2399 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 15:13 - Apr 2 by richfoad32

The one complaint I would have about ifollow is their insistence on showing replays of even the most innocuous passages of play whilst the game is in progress.

It's probably the worst thing about TV football these days across the board - Sky are constantly replaying ordinary pieces of play we saw clearly the first time and don't need to see again. iFollow are terrible at it. Replays should be reserved for goals, great saves, brilliant skills, big chances missed, sendings off or contentious decisions.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 15:57 - Apr 2 with 2344 viewsBazzanne

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 15:52 - Apr 2 by Cedar_Room

Thought it was fairly open and at 0-1 we were still very much in it but think something big will need to happen now to get anything out of this game. But we’ve had a decent break so there can’t be any excuses about being tired. They need to bust a gut and come out fighting in this second half. If this isn’t a game to fight to get something then I don’t know what is. Losing again can’t be an option.

We don't look sharp enough. Pompey are quicker to the ball. A few players are having a poor game so far. The coverage on follow terrible. Hope we improve in the second half but not holding my breath.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:01 - Apr 2 with 2292 viewsSaxonDale

Would put Newby or Dooley on for Shaunessy if we dont start passing the ball quicker through midfield.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Apr 2 with 2222 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:01 - Apr 2 by SaxonDale

Would put Newby or Dooley on for Shaunessy if we dont start passing the ball quicker through midfield.

Keep banging on about his long throws being a weapon as well, but I'm struggling to recall any of our players getting on the end of one yet, let alone leading to any chances.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:20 - Apr 2 with 2071 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:01 - Apr 2 by SaxonDale

BBM is tactically inept. We are losing, desperate for 3 points and we leave our potentially attacking players on the bench. We are now playing deeper. Great !
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:20 - Apr 2 with 2062 views442Dale

Those changes haven’t changed anything. Thought all the talk was about how good our energy levels and stats were? We look like it’s been a long season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:21 - Apr 2 with 2056 viewsSheffield_dale

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Apr 2 by richfoad32

Keep banging on about his long throws being a weapon as well, but I'm struggling to recall any of our players getting on the end of one yet, let alone leading to any chances.

The throw isn't even long! Think he's been lying in his CV that he has it in his locker 💩
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:24 - Apr 2 with 2020 viewsmilnrowblue

I think we miss Newby a bit. Baah can take a man on, but up top it doesn’t work.

I’d like to see a 5-4-1 with Baah and Newby as wingers on Monday, to give us some out balls. We look better with 5 at the back, however have nothing but a long ball when we win it back. With a pair of wingers but still having the solidity of 5 (either CB’s & FB’s or CB’s and holding middle) at the back I think it might just work.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:25 - Apr 2 with 2007 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:20 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

Those changes haven’t changed anything. Thought all the talk was about how good our energy levels and stats were? We look like it’s been a long season.

It has

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:28 - Apr 2 with 1970 viewsBazzanne

This is bloody booooooring.
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:30 - Apr 2 with 1941 views442Dale

Again this is illustrating how BBM gets his mind stuck on a formation then struggles to change it when it required, whether that’s game to game or during a 90 minutes.

At two down, we should be looking to change it when making subs not going like for like to stick to three centre halves. And now he swaps a midfielder for a midfielder. There’s nothing proactive about the thought processes when it comes to tactics.

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:35 - Apr 2 with 1851 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:25 - Apr 2 by DaleiLama

It has

I'd almost got used to Dale not playing during the international break; it wasn't something i was missing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:35 - Apr 2 with 1843 views442Dale

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:35 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

I'd almost got used to Dale not playing during the international break; it wasn't something i was missing

They’ve not started again since it.

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:36 - Apr 2 with 1826 viewsFrog

Normal service has been resumed, apologies for hiccup and crumb of hope....
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 16:37]
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:45 - Apr 2 with 1701 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:35 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

Watching England is more entertaining these days. Words I never thought I'd utter

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 1681 views442Dale

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:45 - Apr 2 by DaleiLama

Watching England is more entertaining these days. Words I never thought I'd utter

The lack of urgency in the last twenty minutes is infuriating. More content with keeping the ball than getting into their box.

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 1671 viewsblackdogblue

So is watching paint dry

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:51 - Apr 2 with 1620 viewsD_Alien

And that's despite Declan Rice's description of England as "entertaining" being a severe case of exaggeration

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:51 - Apr 2 with 1619 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:47 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

The lack of urgency in the last twenty minutes is infuriating. More content with keeping the ball than getting into their box.

That's "The Plan" .
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:52 - Apr 2 with 1599 viewsDalenet

They have had 2 shots on target and yet dominate this. They haven't got out of first gear. We are simply not good enough and I have no idea what we've been doing in training for 13 days but it hasn't made any difference. Too slow, and no confidence. Talk about rolling over. I just wanted to see more than this to give us some hope
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 1588 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:47 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

Saving energy for The Tractor Boys on Monday...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Apr 2 with 1570 viewsSandyman

2-1!
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 17:00 - Apr 2 with 1457 viewsSheffield_dale

Before the doomsters arrive 2-1 away at Portsmouth is par. Hopefully the goal gives some confidence momentum for Monday
Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 1448 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Apr 2 by Sandyman

2-1!

Followed by two minutes fannying about!

Sometimes it's an idea just to launch it. What's to lose?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 1440 views442Dale

Not finding a way to get Done up front, especially with Humphrys missing, was a mistake.
Making substitutions that didn’t change our formation or the pattern of the game was a mistake.
Not changing the way we played to get the ball into their box more (see the goal) was a mistake.

The break has done us zero good. We’re now looking further away than we did two weeks ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024