Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrated rant 11:08 - May 8 with 8911 viewsSheffield_dale

Don't think I have ever been this deflated waking up before a Dale game.

The prospect of facing teams like Harrogate and Sutton United as opposed to Sheffield Wednesday/Sunderland/Ipswich...😔 The financial allure of staying in league 1 to face these teams needed relentless positivity, support and fight. Instead we accepted our shortcomings and rolled over. Can't wait for 19 Torquay away fans to create a crackling atmosphere at Spotland.

I'm sorry but our squad belongs in league one and I am genuinely gutted we never gave it a proper go (ALL SEASON)

The board, BBM etc always talked like we never belonged here. Especially around Jan. That we are lucky we aren't down before Xmas. This is poor poor leadership and this negativity has crawled through the whole club.

Where were the positive "we are good enough, we belong here, let's fight to the death" statements that galvanise us all consistently.

Now it's poor little Rochdale with the vultures ready to offer £100k for genuinely talented players. Or as recent news has suggested, letting all our talent leave on a free.

I know all this has been said before but just needed to get it off my chest.

Up the Dale and all that but wow, what could have been eh?
Frustrated rant on 23:40 - May 8 with 2359 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Frustrated rant on 12:27 - May 8 by 442Dale

We’re a shambles as a club at the moment. Until people at Spotland can accept that and their part in it without feeling the need to justify themselves, nothing will change.

Nothing.

That sums it up for me also, "a shambles of a Club" and quite embarrassing with it.

Whilst agreeing with other poster that BBM is a fine bloke, when it comes to football Management the guy is a right drip.

Now, what about BotBot?
Frustrated rant on 00:39 - May 9 with 2307 viewsdownunder

Frustrated rant on 20:33 - May 8 by Sheffield_dale

I want us to be bullish and positive all summer. Words like "straight back up" etc. I remember Ian Evatt being linked when Hilly went. He's served his apprenticeship in national League (which BBM should have done IMO) and has now got Bolton promoted...after a shocking start.

We need to have people at the top that rally the team to "boss" the league and not accept mediocrity. Bull by the horns and all that jazz.

Almost 100% sure we will get the complete opposite.

I would like to see Grant Holt as manager. Bit of a punt (like Keith Hill and BBM) but he strikes me as having leadership qualities.
Frustrated rant on 08:09 - May 9 with 2192 viewsDalenet

Frustrated rant on 19:18 - May 8 by TVOS1907

"I got quite fed up of the insufferable arrogance from the majority of League One teams who thought they shouldn’t be playing teams like Rochdale."

Quite, but some of the posts on here seem to imply we shouldn't be playing the likes of Harrogate, Sutton (potentially), Salford, Torquay, Mansfield and Scunthorpe!

I think you know what we mean TVOS. We are going to be playing the likes of Harrogate, Sutton, Salford et al because we are now at that level. It isn't meant to come across as Billy Big Bollocks and a snipe at those clubs. It's more about rolling over and accepting that fate that is more annoying. I won't get that out of my system for months yet.....especially if we don't show any ambition to compete with those clubs when the new season starts.

Anyway, today is our last day in League One. The club have excelled with their pre-match communications. Sweet fanny adams.
Frustrated rant on 08:47 - May 9 with 2157 viewsNorthernDale

What are the chances that in the coming weeks, we will see the departure of DB and BBM?

DB is meant to be looking new challenges in the commercial sector and may use the AGM/EGM to stand down as CEO.

BBM comments in which he stated after the Doncaster game that he has been proud to work with the players in the dressing room and the way he accepted responsibility for whats happened over the season. In the Observer 'he stated that he has no idea for the plans and budget' for the next season, in that the board have not spoken to him. So as he made his mind up to leave on his terms, rather risk being sacked next season, if things don't improve.
Frustrated rant on 09:04 - May 9 with 2128 viewsDalenet

Frustrated rant on 08:47 - May 9 by NorthernDale

What are the chances that in the coming weeks, we will see the departure of DB and BBM?

DB is meant to be looking new challenges in the commercial sector and may use the AGM/EGM to stand down as CEO.

BBM comments in which he stated after the Doncaster game that he has been proud to work with the players in the dressing room and the way he accepted responsibility for whats happened over the season. In the Observer 'he stated that he has no idea for the plans and budget' for the next season, in that the board have not spoken to him. So as he made his mind up to leave on his terms, rather risk being sacked next season, if things don't improve.

Beggars belief that BBM hasn't been told about a budget for next season. He has to start sacking people from tomorrow? Or not. Graham Rawlinson was adamant they had a plan.
Frustrated rant on 14:18 - May 9 with 1921 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Frustrated rant on 13:18 - May 8 by boromat

But imagine the mugs we could sell!

And the mugs we could sell them to!
Frustrated rant on 14:50 - May 9 with 1850 viewsD_Alien

I have very little doubt that following the AGM/EGMs on 1st June, we'll be in exactly the same place as we are now in terms of the administration of the club

Does anyone seriously think otherwise?

Unless there's a major move by parties who've previously expressed an interest to unseat the incumbents, which somehow garners the support of major shareholders, there's nothing that'll change the equations needed to succeed. I doubt protests will either, although it certainly won't do any harm for fans to make their views known with vehemence but nothing that will only make the current board dig their heels in any further

I'm also expecting an announcement about further investment but i'd be highly surprised if its anything more than an intended sop; i just don't see why anyone would want to put serious money into the club who hasn't already done so, without an ulterior motive

I've already expressed my view about the Trust's valiant but flawed move in calling for what would appear to be the second EGM on the date, by which time i suspect the serious business will have been concluded (thanks to Dalenet for first putting that point forward)

So there's now a three-week window for any potential moves to be made to prevent events on 1st June from becoming a fait accompli - or a stitch up, whichever you prefer

#managedagmegm

[Post edited 9 May 2021 14:54]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Frustrated rant on 16:43 - May 9 with 1727 viewselectricblue

Frustrated rant on 14:50 - May 9 by D_Alien

I have very little doubt that following the AGM/EGMs on 1st June, we'll be in exactly the same place as we are now in terms of the administration of the club

Does anyone seriously think otherwise?

Unless there's a major move by parties who've previously expressed an interest to unseat the incumbents, which somehow garners the support of major shareholders, there's nothing that'll change the equations needed to succeed. I doubt protests will either, although it certainly won't do any harm for fans to make their views known with vehemence but nothing that will only make the current board dig their heels in any further

I'm also expecting an announcement about further investment but i'd be highly surprised if its anything more than an intended sop; i just don't see why anyone would want to put serious money into the club who hasn't already done so, without an ulterior motive

I've already expressed my view about the Trust's valiant but flawed move in calling for what would appear to be the second EGM on the date, by which time i suspect the serious business will have been concluded (thanks to Dalenet for first putting that point forward)

So there's now a three-week window for any potential moves to be made to prevent events on 1st June from becoming a fait accompli - or a stitch up, whichever you prefer

#managedagmegm

[Post edited 9 May 2021 14:54]

I mentioned in anothef thread unless something serious happens with a the current CEO and the appointment of a new board via the EGM then i fear administration.

For administration to happen and not supporting CD and his proposition then its fairly and squarely down to clueless board...

To have somebody like Rawlinson not knowing whats happening prior to a forum beggers beyond belief....

If its true that BBM may jump ship then he as another role lined up.

As for bottomley who is their right mind would employ him apart from Dale after his Hasbro debacle......

These next 3 wks to the AGM/EGM -AGM/EGM will seem like lifetime.

I pray n hope that the right thing is done and Kelly/Dunphy see sense and move this club forward....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Frustrated rant on 19:30 - May 9 with 1596 viewsCanaDale

I have never known a club who work so hard to achieve nothing.

There is zero ambition rn, and I can’t emotionally invest in them as they are at the moment.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 19:46]
Frustrated rant on 16:21 - May 10 with 1328 viewsBucketBstard

Sorry but many of these players here are not good enough for L1 , they will also struggle in L2.
I dont agree with recruitment from BBM has been good , I feel its been shocking. Too many injury prone players, other wasters like Shaunessy , Dooley Beesley and a few more. The loan signings have been poor.
Playing the kids out of position, basically throwing them under the bus.
Showing contempt for the fans by saying he doesnt even look at the table. That comment alone made my P1"" boil! .
His tippy tappy football didnt work , his constant post match positives even when we have been shocking. He has given us one of the worst home records in our history. And he doesnt seem bothered. And wo betide anyone who dares to point out his failings , his stupid Mrs then wades in.
Please leave now BBM , you relegated this club, ( maybe under the direction of a clown of a CEO) , but ultimately it was you .
Frustrated rant on 16:31 - May 10 with 1307 viewskel

I know it’s a game of opinions and all that but it’s more than incredibly harsh to refer to Beesley as a “waster.” He’s been one of the very few success stories of the season given he stepped up two levels.
Frustrated rant on 18:01 - May 10 with 1189 viewsrichfoad32

Frustrated rant on 16:31 - May 10 by kel

I know it’s a game of opinions and all that but it’s more than incredibly harsh to refer to Beesley as a “waster.” He’s been one of the very few success stories of the season given he stepped up two levels.

Not to mention he's literally shed blood for the cause on more than one occasion. I think he's improving all the time and looking forward to see what he can do next season with a full preseason behind him.

I think it's incredibly harsh to label any of them wasters. I've been less than enamoured with Shaughnessy but would never accuse him of lack of effort, he'll probably be just fine at League Two level. I did find it strange how McShane and McLaughlin went AWOL for huge chunks of the season but suddenly appeared regularly for the final scrap during the run in. Could they have played more often but we were over cautious with them?
Frustrated rant on 20:40 - May 10 with 1098 views49thseason

We need a new defence, a tall keeper, two proper fullbacks and 3 new centre halves. We cant have another season letting in nearly 2 goals a game.. and our desperate home form of the last 4 seasons has to change sharpish. To be honest after 4 seasons of watching more defeats than victories at home, it will be a miracle if we sell any season tickets.
Is winning 12 or more home games out of 23 out of the question Brian?
Frustrated rant on 21:50 - May 10 with 1008 viewsTVOS1907

Frustrated rant on 16:21 - May 10 by BucketBstard

Sorry but many of these players here are not good enough for L1 , they will also struggle in L2.
I dont agree with recruitment from BBM has been good , I feel its been shocking. Too many injury prone players, other wasters like Shaunessy , Dooley Beesley and a few more. The loan signings have been poor.
Playing the kids out of position, basically throwing them under the bus.
Showing contempt for the fans by saying he doesnt even look at the table. That comment alone made my P1"" boil! .
His tippy tappy football didnt work , his constant post match positives even when we have been shocking. He has given us one of the worst home records in our history. And he doesnt seem bothered. And wo betide anyone who dares to point out his failings , his stupid Mrs then wades in.
Please leave now BBM , you relegated this club, ( maybe under the direction of a clown of a CEO) , but ultimately it was you .

Apologies if I've missed your reply from last week, but any news yet on why League 2 is stronger now than when we last won promotion?

I only ask as of the four teams who got promotion last season, two have gone straight back down and the others finished in 12th and 18th place. In fact, the four teams who came up averaged a finishing position of 18.75.

When we came up in 2013/14 (along with Chesterfield, Scunthorpe & Fleetwood), our finishing positions in 2014/15 were 6th (Chesterfield), 8th (Dale), 10th (Fleetwood) and 16th (Scunthorpe). That's an average finishing position of 10th and suggests League Two in 2013/14 contained some sides who were quite strong.

I would also add that even though we've been pretty rubbish this season, we lost only one game out of eight to the four promoted sides from this allegedly stronger League Two than seven years ago.

Finally, I've watched every episode of Quest this season and have therefore seen all the featured games and their goals from League Two. Nothing in those very brief highlights tells us about the relative strengths and weaknesses of the teams compared to seven years ago, so I'm still none the wiser as to how the League Two we're joining is stronger than the League Two we left.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024