Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player sponsorship 14:12 - May 15 with 20734 viewsscooby

Just had my shirt through from my player sponsor this year. Interestingly they will be increasing the price of sponsorship to £500+vat… I won’t be partaking this year not as things currently stand.

Wonder what else is going to increase in price?
Player sponsorship on 18:02 - May 15 with 8219 viewsfinberty

Another failure to judge the prevailing mood.

Consistent, I'll hand them that.
Player sponsorship on 18:10 - May 15 with 8198 viewsRAFCBLUE

What was the price this year?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Player sponsorship on 18:41 - May 15 with 8165 viewsscooby

Player sponsorship on 18:10 - May 15 by RAFCBLUE

Can’t remember mate, and my invoice was several items wrapped in to one…
Player sponsorship on 18:45 - May 15 with 8162 viewsReedy

Player sponsorship on 18:10 - May 15 by RAFCBLUE

£350+vat.

So your paying over 40% more for being relegated? Another decision that shows how out of touch the club is at the moment, along with season tickets, I doubt many player sponsorships will be taken up for the coming season.

Blog: The FA Cup

Player sponsorship on 22:58 - May 15 with 7945 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Player sponsorship on 18:45 - May 15 by Reedy

£350+vat.

So your paying over 40% more for being relegated? Another decision that shows how out of touch the club is at the moment, along with season tickets, I doubt many player sponsorships will be taken up for the coming season.

Chancers!
Player sponsorship on 11:47 - May 16 with 7752 views49thseason

What benefit is there in sponsoring a player? Do you get to use him as part of your marketing? Does he turn up at a company event? Does he get to feature in your adverts? Or is it basically a donation with a mention in the programme? Where is the quid pro quo?
Player sponsorship on 13:48 - May 16 with 7640 viewsEllDale

I think that for a lot of the sponsors that it’s just another form of donation.
Player sponsorship on 14:04 - May 16 with 7624 viewsDalenet

Between £200 and £300 is the norm for League Two. Although Tranmere get away with £600 plus VAT
Login to get fewer ads

Player sponsorship on 11:29 - May 17 with 7325 viewsJL_Dale

Surely £500+VAT isn't right?

Haven't seen this confirmed by the club anywhere and haven't had my shirt back yet either.
Player sponsorship on 11:40 - May 17 with 7298 viewsleedsdale

Player sponsorship on 11:29 - May 17 by JL_Dale

Surely £500+VAT isn't right?

Haven't seen this confirmed by the club anywhere and haven't had my shirt back yet either.

CockneyDale and I sponsored O’Connell last season and we too were quoted the £500 + VAT price for next season
Player sponsorship on 11:46 - May 17 with 7285 viewsJL_Dale

Player sponsorship on 11:40 - May 17 by leedsdale

CockneyDale and I sponsored O’Connell last season and we too were quoted the £500 + VAT price for next season

Cheers LD.

We've had ours back just after I posted that, but I'm not sure we'll be looking to renew at a 40% increase....
Player sponsorship on 12:46 - May 17 with 7192 viewsJames1980

It is an 'additional package' including your name in lights on the new scoreboard. Has it been put across as such?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Player sponsorship on 12:54 - May 17 with 7157 viewsDalenet

Player sponsorship on 12:46 - May 17 by James1980

It is an 'additional package' including your name in lights on the new scoreboard. Has it been put across as such?

Good luck to the club in selling them at £600 incl VAT each. Is this another opportunity to freeze the fan out of participation in order to bring in corporate support? We have lost the plot. Can only imagine what spin they will try when Season Cards go on sale
[Post edited 17 May 2021 16:19]
Player sponsorship on 13:03 - May 17 with 7137 viewsJames1980

Player sponsorship on 12:54 - May 17 by Dalenet

Good luck to the club in selling them at £600 incl VAT each. Is this another opportunity to freeze the fan out of participation in order to bring in corporate support? We have lost the plot. Can only imagine what spin they will try when Season Cards go on sale
[Post edited 17 May 2021 16:19]

The message appears to suggest other player sponsorship packages will be available but the £600 one is the 'top' one

Player sponsorship on 14:23 - May 17 with 7015 viewskel

So did Goldbond.
Player sponsorship on 16:10 - May 17 with 6872 viewselectricblue

Christ thats about a £200 price hike.
I know times are hard etc but fleecing the supporters for extra is staggering......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Player sponsorship on 18:28 - May 17 with 6728 viewsJames1980

If it was made clear in the letter/email received that this £500+vat sponsorship was a 'new' package that includes name on the scoreboard and that others will be available prices to be decided then this seems like an unfair unnecessary dig at the sales and marketing team.

If it has come across as sponsorship now costs £500+vat but you get your name on the scoreboard with no mention that there will be any alternative then poor show from the sales and marketing team

Player sponsorship on 20:04 - May 17 with 6631 viewsAtThePeake

Player sponsorship on 18:28 - May 17 by James1980

If it was made clear in the letter/email received that this £500+vat sponsorship was a 'new' package that includes name on the scoreboard and that others will be available prices to be decided then this seems like an unfair unnecessary dig at the sales and marketing team.

If it has come across as sponsorship now costs £500+vat but you get your name on the scoreboard with no mention that there will be any alternative then poor show from the sales and marketing team

I doubt there will be an alternative tbh, there are only a limited number of player sponsorship packages available after all.

Tangled up in blue.

Player sponsorship on 20:16 - May 17 with 6601 viewsboromat

I think this thread suggests it wasn't clear.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Player sponsorship on 20:25 - May 17 with 6578 viewsBrierls

Player sponsorship on 20:04 - May 17 by AtThePeake

I doubt there will be an alternative tbh, there are only a limited number of player sponsorship packages available after all.

Frances has said on the same Twitter thread that there will still be a ‘reduced’ package.

She’s also said that it’s up selling in another response. I’m no sales expert, but I don’t think up selling involves pissing the customer off so much that they lose the original sale altogether.

There is absolutely no reason to announce a 40% increase for a new package without announcing a like for like package if it is available. It’s a clusterfcuk. Again.
Player sponsorship on 20:33 - May 17 with 6545 viewsTVOS1907

Player sponsorship on 20:04 - May 17 by AtThePeake

But a player could have more than one sponsor, with differentiated benefits.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player sponsorship on 20:43 - May 17 with 6517 viewsDalenet

It wasn't that long ago James we were only charging £150. I know the club needs cash but it is pushing these things away from the ordinary fans. If they can sell em for £600 incl VAT to local businesses and the most wealthy then so be it. But lets not pretend that there will be options to be a second or third class sponsor opportunity that previous fan sponsors will find acceptable
Player sponsorship on 21:03 - May 17 with 6490 viewsAtThePeake

Player sponsorship on 20:33 - May 17 by TVOS1907

But a player could have more than one sponsor, with differentiated benefits.

True, I thought perhaps that price would include all possible benefits (I'm not sure anyone would be willing to pay it if not!) and if they managed to sell them then there would be no need for different packages on each player.

Tangled up in blue.

Player sponsorship on 11:07 - May 18 with 6217 viewsBucketBstard

I'm surprised they not offered a sponsorship for the CEO ???!!!!!
Player sponsorship on 11:26 - May 18 with 6182 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Player sponsorship on 11:07 - May 18 by BucketBstard

I'm surprised they not offered a sponsorship for the CEO ???!!!!!

I would pay the £600 quid to sponsor the CEO if I could guarantee the words I chose would be used all season!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024