Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM gone 20:32 - Jun 30 with 49483 viewsleedsdale

As per OS

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/statement_brianbarrymurphy/
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:32]
BBM gone on 23:03 - Jun 30 with 3479 viewsNorthernDale

The question is, when did BBM inform the club that he was going and did the club delay the announcement to deal with finer details, and crucially have the board identified potential replacements. In that the club has only a few weeks to appoint somebody, sign players and to take charge of pre-season activities.
BBM gone on 23:06 - Jun 30 with 3446 viewsJames1980

Not sure how his agent could justify asking for compensation the bloke has asked to leave.

Are the others that remain able to exorcised of their demons or is removing them from the club the only answer.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 23:22 - Jun 30 with 3257 viewsJames1980

BBM gone on 23:03 - Jun 30 by NorthernDale

The question is, when did BBM inform the club that he was going and did the club delay the announcement to deal with finer details, and crucially have the board identified potential replacements. In that the club has only a few weeks to appoint somebody, sign players and to take charge of pre-season activities.

It looks like he took training today from a video on social media.

BBM gone on 23:23 - Jun 30 with 3245 viewsTVOS1907

BBM gone on 23:03 - Jun 30 by NorthernDale

If the club had delayed the announcement to, presumably, a time of their choosing, 8pm on Wednesday night seems a bit of an odd choice.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM gone on 23:24 - Jun 30 with 3240 viewsdingdangblue

BBM gone on 21:12 - Jun 30 by judd

Fook him. Selfish tvvat.

Surely Feck him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBM gone on 23:26 - Jun 30 with 3204 viewsandyk

Well as an outsider looking in my first reaction is, what an absolute c**t, takes over a team relatively safe in league 1, gets an extended contract for...absolutely nothing, gets the team relegated, gets decent players to extend their contract and then....leaves. Good riddance!
BBM gone on 23:30 - Jun 30 with 3166 views49thseason

BBM gone on 23:23 - Jun 30 by TVOS1907

If the club had delayed the announcement to, presumably, a time of their choosing, 8pm on Wednesday night seems a bit of an odd choice.

Probably needed time to speak,to each other and form their first thoughts and some sort of strategy.. Unless of course BBM got wind of a new "Director of Football" arriving and quit before they pushed him out and hence the request for compensation. Ie a reward for making room for someone new.
BBM gone on 23:34 - Jun 30 with 3117 viewsRotherhamDale

Gets us relegated and then leaves. Cheers Bri

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

BBM gone on 23:35 - Jun 30 with 3108 viewsdingdangblue

BBM gone on 23:26 - Jun 30 by andyk

Well as an outsider looking in my first reaction is, what an absolute c**t, takes over a team relatively safe in league 1, gets an extended contract for...absolutely nothing, gets the team relegated, gets decent players to extend their contract and then....leaves. Good riddance!

Takes over a team relatively safe in league 1 ? Have you missed the last 4 seasons?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

BBM gone on 23:37 - Jun 30 with 3082 viewsR17ALE

BBM gone on 20:45 - Jun 30 by rhf

What price - the third coming !!

Parkin?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

BBM gone on 23:42 - Jun 30 with 3027 viewsTVOS1907

BBM gone on 23:30 - Jun 30 by 49thseason

Probably needed time to speak,to each other and form their first thoughts and some sort of strategy.. Unless of course BBM got wind of a new "Director of Football" arriving and quit before they pushed him out and hence the request for compensation. Ie a reward for making room for someone new.

Aye, possibly. It just seems out of keeping with most official website announcements across all clubs.

BBM gone on 23:50 - Jun 30 with 2978 viewsandyk

BBM gone on 23:35 - Jun 30 by dingdangblue

Takes over a team relatively safe in league 1 ? Have you missed the last 4 seasons?

Doesn’t look like it. You?
BBM gone on 23:52 - Jun 30 with 2961 viewsspringfieldparka

BBM gone on 20:49 - Jun 30 by TVOS1907

To be honest, and I've expressed this view to a few people recently, I found it a bit odd how there were no comments or words from BBM when all those players were signing their new contracts recently.

Could be completely wide of the mark, but it stuck out to me.

EDIT: Nor has he been pictured on any of the training stuff this week.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 21:01]

I agree with this analysis .

My concern was the complete lack of feedback from the return to training when other clubs were very quick to offer photo files of players back pre -season . It just seemed the football side of things was becoming secondary to other issues ?
BBM gone on 23:54 - Jun 30 with 2951 viewsmikehunt

Unless he is going somewhere and has promised to take some players with him, it seems BBM has shafted the players, too. This would certainly be cause for anyone to question the integrity of the bloke.
I was prepared to give him a chance if we could have played like we did at the end of last season but to bail out as he has done? Well good riddance and thanks for nothing Bazzer.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

BBM gone on 23:56 - Jun 30 with 2930 viewsTVOS1907

BBM gone on 23:50 - Jun 30 by andyk

Doesn’t look like it. You?

We were 22nd in League One when he took over as manager.

BBM gone on 23:59 - Jun 30 with 2909 viewsJames1980

Around 1:45 looks like BBM was there during the training session

BBM gone on 00:03 - Jul 1 with 2877 viewsrochedale

I’m worried that the new board are not just new to us, but new to football leadership on the whole. They’ll have very few contacts in the game and will possibly be scrambling around trying to work out how/where to recruit a new manager from. I’m guessing it’s not a free add on Indeed. I do hope I’m wrong and no disrespect at all meant to the new board, but it is a worry.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

BBM gone on 00:20 - Jul 1 with 2769 viewsSandyman

DB gone. BBM gone. Result IMHO

Sure there will be some splendid applicants for the managers job given that the club has returned to a responsibly managed modus operandi.

The self-serving vermin have left the building. We now have responsible custodians in charge. Learning the ropes, yes, but learning with the right intentions.

It is one month since the 5 hour marathon of AGM's and EGM's. Shareholders and fans have achieved a lot for the future benefit of the club in a month.

We are unique. It's our way of doing things, properly, for the club and the fans.

UP THE DALE
BBM gone on 02:20 - Jul 1 with 2575 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Maybe BBM felt he was incapable of coaching his team to play a more open, expansive type of football. This was, I heard, the mantra of the new board. None of that playing out from the back crap.

The biggest result this summer was the EGM and the 2nd best was Bottomley leaving, because one wouldn't have happened without the other. Today just feels like another good result.

Now to the nitty gritty. One man who has the knack of getting this club out of L2 the right way is KH. Is he available? Would he want to come? The fans would be split for sure. But, we need desperately to have some stability brought back to the playing side. There is stability now at board level, so now we must have the same on the pitch.

A sensible appointment to steady the ship.
BBM gone on 02:51 - Jul 1 with 2547 viewsBrierls

BBM gone on 02:20 - Jul 1 by RooleyMoorBlue

Maybe BBM felt he was incapable of coaching his team to play a more open, expansive type of football. This was, I heard, the mantra of the new board. None of that playing out from the back crap.

The biggest result this summer was the EGM and the 2nd best was Bottomley leaving, because one wouldn't have happened without the other. Today just feels like another good result.

Now to the nitty gritty. One man who has the knack of getting this club out of L2 the right way is KH. Is he available? Would he want to come? The fans would be split for sure. But, we need desperately to have some stability brought back to the playing side. There is stability now at board level, so now we must have the same on the pitch.

A sensible appointment to steady the ship.

An appointment that would polarise the fanbase before a ball is kicked is far from a sensible appointment.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 2:53]
BBM gone on 03:24 - Jul 1 with 2513 viewsDaleiLama

BBM gone on 00:20 - Jul 1 by Sandyman

DB gone. BBM gone. Result IMHO

Sure there will be some splendid applicants for the managers job given that the club has returned to a responsibly managed modus operandi.

The self-serving vermin have left the building. We now have responsible custodians in charge. Learning the ropes, yes, but learning with the right intentions.

It is one month since the 5 hour marathon of AGM's and EGM's. Shareholders and fans have achieved a lot for the future benefit of the club in a month.

We are unique. It's our way of doing things, properly, for the club and the fans.

UP THE DALE

Pretty much sums up where I'm at. We have hit the 'factory reset' button and losing a manager who had a 'monotonous' (in every sense) playing style, didn't look at where we were in the league and was incapable of in-game management cannot be considered a loss.

We need to replace him with a leader of men who can motivate and organise. The players didn't exactly run through brick walls for BBM in too many games and our defence was a laughing stock more often than not. Much like the running of the club, there has to be a better way of doing things this season. With a reduced budget, we were never going to progress with BBM at the helm. I won't miss his pointless possession based football and I won't miss his interviews.

Bye Brian Monotone

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM gone on 03:27 - Jul 1 with 3814 viewspioneer

I hope the new board will be willing to shed light on what actually happened and when in the spirit of transparency so we dont have to rely on speculation.
BBM gone on 07:11 - Jul 1 with 3546 viewsdingdangblue

BBM gone on 23:06 - Jun 30 by James1980

Not sure how his agent could justify asking for compensation the bloke has asked to leave.

Are the others that remain able to exorcised of their demons or is removing them from the club the only answer.

Agreed, you can't ask to leave under contract and ask for compensation? I'm wondering if the new board have questioned the legality of Brian's new contract - if it was something agreed between BBM and just Bottomley and non of the other Directors knew about it?

BBM gone on 08:10 - Jul 1 with 3357 viewsCrede_Sign0

BBM gone on 07:11 - Jul 1 by dingdangblue

Agreed, you can't ask to leave under contract and ask for compensation? I'm wondering if the new board have questioned the legality of Brian's new contract - if it was something agreed between BBM and just Bottomley and non of the other Directors knew about it?

Unless you have grounds for constructive dismissal -
footballing director remit making life untenable perhaps, or proposal to sell players without managerial approval. There’s every chance BBMs extended contract had all sorts of lovely (for him) clauses in it.
Keith Hill back as the northern Barry Fry………. Nailed on in my view.
BBM gone on 08:16 - Jul 1 with 3318 viewsNafelad

"So I hear" - From who? It really annoys me whenpeople give, or try to give, the impression that they have ' inside knowledge'.

Topcat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024