Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking BBC article. 20:10 - Oct 12 with 17726 viewsboromat

In case you've not seen it. Good on the DaleTrust jumping on it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shocking BBC article. on 02:27 - Oct 13 with 2981 viewsSandyman

Who, if anybody, ever "identified" Andrew Curran as "a very useful backstop"? Given his online anonymity, who could possibly know? Certainly no one at RAFC, the Dale Trust, or an increasingly inquisitive fan base did at that time. Or now.
Alexander Jarvis and David Bottomley, most likely did see Curran as that. People with self-interests in getting a deal through for themselves against the better interest of Rochdale AFC.

Curran couldn't get out fast enough once the EFL started to investigate. Not "a very useful backstop" at all. Check the facts Simple Simon Stone. You're too lazy so...

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/07/trust-statement-andy-curran-and-darrell-rose

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

Simon Stone fell for the Jarvis /Bottomley line like a dunderhead. Never thought to ask RAFC or Dale Trust. So easily deceived. What a dumbass. Or as we say round here...

[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 2:48]
Shocking BBC article. on 05:23 - Oct 13 with 2908 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

The Trust / UTDNFS should contact the BBC & demand a full retraction both online & as the first item on Sats Football Focus or MOTD. Mr Stone should be severely disciplined if not sacked.
Shocking BBC article. on 08:34 - Oct 13 with 2717 viewsZac_B

Shocking BBC article. on 21:33 - Oct 12 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

The BBC's editorial standards & guidelines can be found here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/

We believe several have been breached, so feel free to take your pick and share your views via their formal complaints procedure here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Done
Shocking BBC article. on 09:18 - Oct 13 with 2630 viewsswindondale

Just sent my complaint in.
Shocking BBC article. on 09:38 - Oct 13 with 2579 views49thseason

Shocking BBC article. on 09:18 - Oct 13 by swindondale

Stone's incompetence or, more likely, deliberate attempt to create an agenda is clear when you read his implication that Rochdale only budgeted £1.5m for players wages because they are short of money without mentioning there is a divisional squad playing wages cap of £1.5m in L2. When you add this crap to the "special deal" at Bolton Wanderers that the BBC has, there is a growing case for the idea that the "fair and impartial" BBC is anything but.
They are intent on making news rather than simply reporting it.
Shocking BBC article. on 09:49 - Oct 13 with 2536 viewsJames1980

Complaint submitted.

Irony is the true story makes an excellent article . And nearly all the research has been done already.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 9:52]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Shocking BBC article. on 09:57 - Oct 13 with 2503 viewselectricblue

I read that article early this morning and then just after 8am i get about half a dozen mates messaging saying have you read this article on the bbc sport....

Pure lazy journalism at its finest, what annoys me is how many have actually read it and thought of Dale in a bad light..

The club should be getting legal represenation and demand thats it is removed with a written apology..
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 11:21]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Shocking BBC article. on 10:04 - Oct 13 with 2470 viewsdawlishdale

A very poorly researched article ....if indeed he researched it at all.

This actually stinks of him being given wrong information from a bitter, twisted and fully discredited former Director who was voted off the Board at the clubs EGM.
I'd fully expect a withdrawal and an apology from this amateurish hack. Why oh why do people not check what they write?
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking BBC article. on 10:36 - Oct 13 with 2392 viewstony_roch975

Shocking BBC article. on 09:18 - Oct 13 by swindondale

done mine, more needed folks

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Shocking BBC article. on 10:58 - Oct 13 with 2332 viewskel

Unless my eyesight is failing, the article seems to have disappeared off the BBC football main page.

Still accessible through the link in the OP though.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 11:00]
Shocking BBC article. on 11:01 - Oct 13 with 2322 views1907

Complaint submitted.

Hope everybody follows suit.

Wish I was on Twitter so I could speak to Mr Stone direct.
Shocking BBC article. on 11:03 - Oct 13 with 2319 viewsDaleiLama

Shocking BBC article. on 10:58 - Oct 13 by kel

Unless my eyesight is failing, the article seems to have disappeared off the BBC football main page.

Still accessible through the link in the OP though.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 11:00]

Still there Kel - I used it for my complaint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale

First item.

Maybe a link further up in general football has been deleted so it flies more under the radar and is only found under our club??

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Shocking BBC article. on 11:35 - Oct 13 with 2213 viewsDalenet

Shocking BBC article. on 10:36 - Oct 13 by tony_roch975

done mine, more needed folks

Done mine
Shocking BBC article. on 11:45 - Oct 13 with 2176 views49thseason

Shocking BBC article. on 11:03 - Oct 13 by DaleiLama

First item.

Maybe a link further up in general football has been deleted so it flies more under the radar and is only found under our club??

Complaining to the BBC is futile. We need to get a publication-ready, factually accurate version of the events into the hands of as many other journalists as possible and onto as many other club forums as possible. We should use his insult of an article to tell the truth and to warn fans from far and wide to take a more active interest in their clubs.
Shocking BBC article. on 11:48 - Oct 13 with 2169 viewsD_Alien

Shocking BBC article. on 11:03 - Oct 13 by DaleiLama

First item.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two

It's in the "League Two" section. Don't think it's been demoted by a deliberate choice but simply through the natural regression of articles, especially for lower league clubs

In the Complaints section, it says summat like "complaints will be reviewed overnight and feedback given to journos the following morning". If that were the case, and given the nature of the complaints that will have been received, i suspect the BBC just view them as irate Dale fans (true) having a pop like it's a social media outlet (very far from true)

If the BBC fail to take this seriously, they're further guilty of egregious ignorance and should be called out in every possible outlet, including via our MP

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shocking BBC article. on 12:02 - Oct 13 with 2114 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Shocking BBC article. on 12:03 - Oct 13 with 2107 viewsleedsdale

Shocking BBC article. on 11:48 - Oct 13 by D_Alien

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two

It's in the "League Two" section. Don't think it's been demoted by a deliberate choice but simply through the natural regression of articles, especially for lower league clubs

In the Complaints section, it says summat like "complaints will be reviewed overnight and feedback given to journos the following morning". If that were the case, and given the nature of the complaints that will have been received, i suspect the BBC just view them as irate Dale fans (true) having a pop like it's a social media outlet (very far from true)

If the BBC fail to take this seriously, they're further guilty of egregious ignorance and should be called out in every possible outlet, including via our MP

One more complaint has gone in

Shocking BBC article. on 12:25 - Oct 13 with 2009 viewsEllDale

I've just logged a compliant.
They reckon to respond within ten days. What are the odds on us all receiving the same copy and paste reply?
It would be interesting to know if the original draft article was ever seen by a sub-editor after it was filed and before it was published?
Shocking BBC article. on 12:25 - Oct 13 with 2005 viewsDaleFan7

Added my complaint too for whatever its worth.
Shocking BBC article. on 12:27 - Oct 13 with 1992 viewsRAFCBLUE

Shocking BBC article. on 12:03 - Oct 13 by leedsdale

One more complaint has gone in

I'd imagine the journalist Simon Stone is now reflecting on the piece and thinking about it's credibility and wincing as a result.

He's clearly been fed a load of guff by the person(s) who briefed him on the article and whether he has fallen for it knowingly or unknowingly he's the one who has been left exposed as have the BBC and looks a bit of a mug as a result.

Also interesting in the club's statement is the comment - "The club continues to support the EFL in that investigation."

All eyes now must turn on the EFL for a statement on the progress - this is an investigation that was launched in mid-August and is now nearly 2 months in.

Simon Stone and the BBC were clearly better informed than most of us as they published:

Morton House have refused to cooperate with the EFL inquiry. However, the EFL has already interviewed a number of significant people involved in the situation and their work is on-going. According to their regulations, deals done without seeking prior approval when required are regarded as misconduct, which has the potential to attract fines for individuals depending on who is viewed as being responsible.

Maybe Simon Stone and the BBC in the next piece could focus on who is "viewed as responsible"?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 12:49]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Shocking BBC article. on 12:44 - Oct 13 with 1911 viewsfinberty

A slightly tangential comment here, but I note the (almost) unspoken subtext:

Lots of Money = good (irrespective of how questionable the source, and let's not ask questions eh? Let's just parrot NUFC's new wealth, regardless. Let's smirk along with the big timers earning a crust from the PL party).

Little Money = bad (and you yokels have gone and looked a gift-horse in the mouth, upsetting upstanding and blemish-free individuals in the process).

I wonder if Mr Stone received the article as an pre-prepared piece of work, and presented it as his own. It surely can't be argued to be a piece of impartial forensic financial journalism, can it?
Shocking BBC article. on 12:50 - Oct 13 with 1872 viewsjudd

Shocking BBC article. on 12:44 - Oct 13 by finberty

A slightly tangential comment here, but I note the (almost) unspoken subtext:

Lots of Money = good (irrespective of how questionable the source, and let's not ask questions eh? Let's just parrot NUFC's new wealth, regardless. Let's smirk along with the big timers earning a crust from the PL party).

Little Money = bad (and you yokels have gone and looked a gift-horse in the mouth, upsetting upstanding and blemish-free individuals in the process).

I wonder if Mr Stone received the article as an pre-prepared piece of work, and presented it as his own. It surely can't be argued to be a piece of impartial forensic financial journalism, can it?

It's shite with a typo an all

Poll: What is it to be then?

Shocking BBC article. on 12:53 - Oct 13 with 1843 viewsHullDale

Interestingly the journo has replied to a question on twitter:

Q: "...Did you consult the Club or Daletrust, whom you bizarrely abbreviate to RST?..."

A: "Yes. I did."

It would be good to know who he spoke to at the Club, and whether they were still in employment at the time he spoke to them. I don't believe for one moment he legitimately spoke to anybody from the Trust.
Shocking BBC article. on 13:19 - Oct 13 with 1727 views49thseason

Shocking BBC article. on 12:53 - Oct 13 by HullDale

Interestingly the journo has replied to a question on twitter:

Q: "...Did you consult the Club or Daletrust, whom you bizarrely abbreviate to RST?..."

A: "Yes. I did."

It would be good to know who he spoke to at the Club, and whether they were still in employment at the time he spoke to them. I don't believe for one moment he legitimately spoke to anybody from the Trust.

It was highly unlikely that he would answer "no, I couldn't be arsed". Clearly, he has been given a more or less pre-written story and added his name to it. I guess the question might be asked "why would an established journo do that"?
Equally a proper journalist might have been suspicious of the motives of someone presenting him with such a story, but there does not seem to be any evidence of further research into the subject. So we are left with two options either Mr Stone is not much of a journalist or there is an agenda behind the article. Probably both?
Shocking BBC article. on 13:21 - Oct 13 with 1705 viewsjudd

Shocking BBC article. on 13:19 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

It was highly unlikely that he would answer "no, I couldn't be arsed". Clearly, he has been given a more or less pre-written story and added his name to it. I guess the question might be asked "why would an established journo do that"?
Equally a proper journalist might have been suspicious of the motives of someone presenting him with such a story, but there does not seem to be any evidence of further research into the subject. So we are left with two options either Mr Stone is not much of a journalist or there is an agenda behind the article. Probably both?

He appears wholly dismissive of Charlton's exposing of Southall too. He did contact their Trust but gave them sod all coverage.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024