Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House 16:00 - Jan 7 with 24025 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/statement_07.01.22/

[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 16:16]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:15 - Jan 7 with 3441 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:10 - Jan 7 by 49thseason

Hmmm. So Morton House think they have a claim against the Directors AND the Trust Directors. First and foremost there has to be a financial loss or an unfair prejudice as a result of actions taken by those named. Where is the loss that is attributable to those named? MH made private offers to buy shares from certain shareholders in private limited company. Some people agreed to sell and money was paid. So far so good. Has the board been informed of these transactions? MH still own their shares. Where is the loss? If they have sold the shares to Southall, where is the loss and what possible involvement does RAFC have in this arrangement?
The Directors decided to issue more shares to raise further finance, its a very common occurance as anyone who invests in shares will tell you. Where is the loss to MH? Did they attempt to buy more shares to maintain their percentage ownership? If not, why not? where is the loss?
Could the RAFC Directors have agreed to accept the share purchases without the agreement of the EFL? Apparently not. MH then refused to take part in the required EFL processes, this has no bearing on RAFC Directors or Trust.
So we are left with a malicious law suit which on the face of it seems doomed to failure and given the attitude of former MH directors towards the RAFC directors could involve MH in a raft of expenses and possible claims for damages.
Any Lawyer will tell you that going legal should be a last resort when every other avenue has failed. I hope their lawyers get cash up front!
The bottom line is that you cant hatch a plan, execute it poorly, refuse to take part in required processes, insult people and then expect the people on the receiving end of "the plan" to pay you when it goes tits up. This seems like the last resort of scoundrels.

The planned failed.

They've only Alexander Jarvis to blame for that.

If he hadn't have done all of those interviews, including the one in the Daily Telegraph with Ben Rumsby they would have very likely got a long way into completing a deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

When Jarvo used "hostile takeover" in the Daily Telegraph that is where he was goosed.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:19 - Jan 7 with 3412 viewsRodingdale

Any ‘Dale fans’ in Ingatestone - happy to pick you up on the way to Colchester- we can chat in the car.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 3378 viewsDorkingDale

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 17:28 - Jan 7 by fermin

Could this (also) be about the recent share issue vote and the dilution of share value and not just the original purchase? I am not sure what the club and the Trust had to do with the original purchase from the shareholders so can't see the basis for a claim there. The club was just following EFL rules.

The statement is deliberately vague so difficult to say what it is about in particular.

That's exactly what it's about - the dilution of their share in ownership of the club.

They can't take action against the current directors regarding the original purchase of shares because they weren't there.

Not sure on what basis the Trust were involved tho"........
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:31 - Jan 7 with 3330 viewsDalenet

This is a desperate man. His shares (or contractually committed share purchase deals) are worth £2 at market rates. He allegedly paid £10. Is he seeking losses? The EGM approved the sale of shares at £2. Morton House didn't attend the EGM. Were they shareholders in any case?

What is the payroll company claiming? The current Board is tasked with running a football club under the EFL regs. They can't entertain a bid for shares that are being acquired outside of EFL rules. The Trust was a minority shareholder whose actions were to speak to existing shareholders to ask them not to sell. That isn't an illegal action. It's going to be fascinating and if it is dismissed, I hope the club are able to recover their legal costs in full.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 3287 viewsboromat

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:31 - Jan 7 by Dalenet

This is a desperate man. His shares (or contractually committed share purchase deals) are worth £2 at market rates. He allegedly paid £10. Is he seeking losses? The EGM approved the sale of shares at £2. Morton House didn't attend the EGM. Were they shareholders in any case?

What is the payroll company claiming? The current Board is tasked with running a football club under the EFL regs. They can't entertain a bid for shares that are being acquired outside of EFL rules. The Trust was a minority shareholder whose actions were to speak to existing shareholders to ask them not to sell. That isn't an illegal action. It's going to be fascinating and if it is dismissed, I hope the club are able to recover their legal costs in full.

.....and very publicly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 3253 views49thseason

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:15 - Jan 7 by RAFCBLUE

The planned failed.

They've only Alexander Jarvis to blame for that.

If he hadn't have done all of those interviews, including the one in the Daily Telegraph with Ben Rumsby they would have very likely got a long way into completing a deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

When Jarvo used "hostile takeover" in the Daily Telegraph that is where he was goosed.

I think I was probably first to identify what was going on as a " hostile takeover" it was at the end of June on the "Sharehunters" thread. As part of that I also proposed a share issue to dilute the existing holdings of shareholders, an act known as "a poison pill" .The phrase was quickly picked up by others including apparently the idiot Jarvis whose use of the phrase clearly identified the nature of the takeover as being contrary to the wellbeing or RAFC. What a complete pratt, I am delighted to have played a small part in his downfall and that of his ridiculous "hostile take over".
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 19:58 - Jan 7 with 3245 viewsfinberty

Difficult to sue for breach of contract when there is no contract.

These people had an agreement with the former CEO et al to buy their shares. Nowt to do with the Club, as evidenced by the fact the Club stood to gain no financial advantage.

Sabre rattling. Someone's been on the t'internet and assembled a legal route that may simply not exist.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 20:04 - Jan 7 with 3222 viewsSuddenLad

I'm amazed that any reputable lawyers would touch this on behalf of Morton House. It wouldn't take them 5 minutes to work out what kind of people they were representing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 20:07 - Jan 7 with 3194 viewsgolfaduffy

it all boils down to if Morton House were actually bona fide shareholders at the time.

If the efl hadnt aproved them, then they were not, and this case crumbles to dust.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 22:25 - Jan 7 with 2862 viewsmikehunt

It is high time the EFL stepped up to the plate and let us know what the bleedin' hell is going on and what they are doing about it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 08:11 - Jan 8 with 2563 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 20:04 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

I'm amazed that any reputable lawyers would touch this on behalf of Morton House. It wouldn't take them 5 minutes to work out what kind of people they were representing.

As judd alluded to, sabre rattling.

Morton House have come out publicly to threaten Dale Trust and others individually. Best just to leave that in the hands of lawyers.

I still think the end game for Morton House is to try and sell the shares to someone who will give them over £1m back.

It looks like Morton House and those associated with them (Curran, Rose, Safouane, Courtnell, Jarvis and Southall) have ultimately realised that buying a minority stake in a little North West football club wasn't worth the £1m they passed over to the selling shareholders.

The selling shareholders probably couldn't believe their luck - I think there is a phrase about a fool and their money soon being parted, Jarvis was the one who by all accounts convinced Morton House to spend that silly level of money and then dropped Andrew Curran's name to a Daily Telegraph journalist.

Lots of water to go under many bridges. There are Dale fans who have watched this club for over 50 years; this year's story is going to involve a little payroll company from London that still wants to engage with an EFL member club.

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 09:15 - Jan 8 with 2477 viewsNorthernDale

I cannot for the life of me, on what grounds they can make a claim against the directors and trust and the club, is that they did not give into their hostile takeover and endorse their attempt to destroy the club by using us as a cash cow. I have never heard of any big business seeking to take over another business then making a claim, when their takeover bid is rejected, it is the right of the share holders to reject any takeover, so on that basis they are on a loser. They took a gamble and the gamble failed.

Again the new issue followed the correct legal process and was approved by the share holders, so again they are shaky ground in this case. They cannot claim that they were mislead into investing around a million pound into buying shares at inflated prices, because the board and trust did not encourage them, it was Bottomley who did this.

As others have said they want their money back and are seeking for the club to either pay them out or just allow them to takeover the club by giving in to their absurd claim. Perhaps this idea came from Mr Southall who clearly needs money to pay off his creditors and maintain his lifestyle, because according to charlton fan, he has history in making similar attempts to gain control of a club or make money from a club according to another club he was associated with. They must have figured out that the new share issue generated a fair amount of money and contrary to their lies, we are not close to going out of business.

Let them waste money on lawyers and also explain where the money came from in the first place to the courts, HMRC and Serious Fraud Office, because as we have shown, we are not going to be bullied by shysters in giving our club away without a fight.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 2381 viewsRAFCBLUE

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 09:15 - Jan 8 by NorthernDale

I cannot for the life of me, on what grounds they can make a claim against the directors and trust and the club, is that they did not give into their hostile takeover and endorse their attempt to destroy the club by using us as a cash cow. I have never heard of any big business seeking to take over another business then making a claim, when their takeover bid is rejected, it is the right of the share holders to reject any takeover, so on that basis they are on a loser. They took a gamble and the gamble failed.

Again the new issue followed the correct legal process and was approved by the share holders, so again they are shaky ground in this case. They cannot claim that they were mislead into investing around a million pound into buying shares at inflated prices, because the board and trust did not encourage them, it was Bottomley who did this.

As others have said they want their money back and are seeking for the club to either pay them out or just allow them to takeover the club by giving in to their absurd claim. Perhaps this idea came from Mr Southall who clearly needs money to pay off his creditors and maintain his lifestyle, because according to charlton fan, he has history in making similar attempts to gain control of a club or make money from a club according to another club he was associated with. They must have figured out that the new share issue generated a fair amount of money and contrary to their lies, we are not close to going out of business.

Let them waste money on lawyers and also explain where the money came from in the first place to the courts, HMRC and Serious Fraud Office, because as we have shown, we are not going to be bullied by shysters in giving our club away without a fight.

I'm no lawyer but usually these actions are made public so that in the background the lawyers can then run around in the background to achieve a solutions that does not need the courts.

As I said though in an earlier post that can take years to achieve.

I think it is called "Without Predjudice" but perhaps one of our resident lawyers might know more on that.

https://www.ashurst.com/en/news-and-insights/legal-updates/quickguides---without

The purpose of the without prejudice rule is to encourage parties to a dispute to try and reach a settlement by allowing them and their legal advisers to speak freely and make concessions knowing that their words cannot be used against them later in court if the negotiations fail to achieve settlement.

It's obvious Morton House want a settlement to walk away given the shares in the club are worthless bits of paper unless you are a Dale fan.

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:00 - Jan 8 with 2278 viewswebbo

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 10:21 - Jan 8 by RAFCBLUE

I'm no lawyer but usually these actions are made public so that in the background the lawyers can then run around in the background to achieve a solutions that does not need the courts.

As I said though in an earlier post that can take years to achieve.

I think it is called "Without Predjudice" but perhaps one of our resident lawyers might know more on that.

https://www.ashurst.com/en/news-and-insights/legal-updates/quickguides---without

The purpose of the without prejudice rule is to encourage parties to a dispute to try and reach a settlement by allowing them and their legal advisers to speak freely and make concessions knowing that their words cannot be used against them later in court if the negotiations fail to achieve settlement.

It's obvious Morton House want a settlement to walk away given the shares in the club are worthless bits of paper unless you are a Dale fan.

Charlton fan here.
Keep going guys.
I hope you can mash Southall and his threats into the empty threat it is.
If you Daleites can manage the Southall coup de grace there will be many glasses raised in your honour in South East London and elsewhere.
Call his bluff.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:08 - Jan 8 with 2243 viewsblackdogblue

I’m not a legal type person but after a quick google the cost of a civil proceeding in the High Court is not a lot of money with vulture lawyer fees aside (not casting anything about lawyers in general only the sharks that would take this case on…)

I thought Civil cases were mostly about chasing money owed.. if they bought shares from someone that is a business transaction, if they did not register them that’s their fault…

Would be really interesting to see what their claim is.. it must be registered somewhere, is there no way of finding it before the case??

http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/compactlaw-admin/court-fees.html

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:27 - Jan 8 with 2188 viewskel

I just can’t get out of my head that all this is down to the actions of a morally bankrupt man who deserves stringing up outside the town hall.

And you club employees (you know who you are) that still defend him in the pubs of Littleborough and tell sponsors that “things aren’t the same without Dave” can fook off as well. You aren’t and never have been supporters of this club. Some of us can see you for what you are and will never let it drop until you’re gone too.

Tw@ts.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:36 - Jan 8 with 2159 views1907

Wouldn’t it be great after all this is over we were able to remember all the alleged scoundrels involved in this mess. I think we should do something really special and name all the toilets in the ground after this special set of tossers. I couldn’t think of a better start to the 2022 season by making full use of the Matthew Southall toilet.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:49 - Jan 8 with 2117 viewsTomRAFC

All this from people who haven't completed the transfer of the shares they claim to own. Agreements were in place to buy them, contrary to EFL rules. They even paid up. Those agreements may still exist but, unless something has changed behind the scenes, Morton House haven't had any shares transferred to them.

There was mention of Morton House having the voting rights to the shares. They didn't show up to vote at the EGM. Come to think of it, has anyone seen a copy of the agreement granting them this right?

The status of those shares is somewhat unknown. I'm not sure how that could be clarified until the conclusion of the EFL investigation.

I'm racking my brains to think of anyone else with a history of making legal threats when things don't go their way. Answers on a postcard, please.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 11:56]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:50 - Jan 8 with 2115 viewsjudd

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:36 - Jan 8 by 1907

Wouldn’t it be great after all this is over we were able to remember all the alleged scoundrels involved in this mess. I think we should do something really special and name all the toilets in the ground after this special set of tossers. I couldn’t think of a better start to the 2022 season by making full use of the Matthew Southall toilet.

You may struggle to use them as they are already so full of shit

Poll: What is it to be then?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:53 - Jan 8 with 2100 viewsTomRAFC

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:36 - Jan 8 by 1907

Who are we naming the baby changing table/nappy bin after?

The Rawlinson suite, sounds fitting.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:55 - Jan 8 with 2096 viewsIOMDale

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:53 - Jan 8 by TomRAFC

The David Bottomwipe Suite.

UTDNFS

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 12:15 - Jan 8 with 2039 views1907

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:50 - Jan 8 by judd

You may struggle to use them as they are already so full of shit

You’ve got a point. The toilets and Morton house that is.
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 12:15 - Jan 8 with 2038 viewsDaleiLama

Would love for all the cr@ppers to be renamed the Bottomley log cabins and the approaches the Rawlinson Bourneville Boulevards. The queues would be enormous to show one's appreciation.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 12:16 - Jan 8 with 2023 views1907

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 11:53 - Jan 8 by TomRAFC

I quite like the idea of “The David Bottomley Punch Machine” as you enter the Sandy. £5 for 3 goes. Could be a massive revenue spinner as well?
MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 12:17 - Jan 8 with 2015 views1907

MORTON HOUSE / Dale Trust and club sued by invisible Morton House on 12:15 - Jan 8 by DaleiLama

Would love for all the cr@ppers to be renamed the Bottomley log cabins and the approaches the Rawlinson Bourneville Boulevards. The queues would be enormous to show one's appreciation.

A people would go out of their way to make use of our new catering partners, just to make sure you make FULL use of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024