Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust update email.. 17:51 - May 13 with 14870 viewselectricblue

I recieved the trust update about the court case etc.
A date as been set and mediation as been asked to try n resolve the issue that date is still tbc..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Trust update email.. on 16:42 - May 16 with 3303 viewsfinberty

Trust update email.. on 14:38 - May 16 by judd

MH do not want to be left with the shares nor out of pocket.

As an alternative to reversing the share issue last autumn, the club may be asked by MH to buy those shares acquired from the 6 private sellers.

If the share issue is reversed and we don't buy back the shares, MH can maintain their pre-issue percentage shareholding.

"MH do not want to be left with the shares nor out of pocket."

They therefore have the option of suing the individuals who sold them their shares. Now then, who can those individuals possibly be. The name Roger is ringing a bell or two.

And sue the agent that helped to bring the parties together. Is it Captain somebody??
Trust update email.. on 16:51 - May 16 with 3269 viewsjudd

Trust update email.. on 16:42 - May 16 by finberty

"MH do not want to be left with the shares nor out of pocket."

They therefore have the option of suing the individuals who sold them their shares. Now then, who can those individuals possibly be. The name Roger is ringing a bell or two.

And sue the agent that helped to bring the parties together. Is it Captain somebody??

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust update email.. on 17:08 - May 16 with 3214 viewsDalenet

Trust update email.. on 14:38 - May 16 by judd

MH do not want to be left with the shares nor out of pocket.

As an alternative to reversing the share issue last autumn, the club may be asked by MH to buy those shares acquired from the 6 private sellers.

If the share issue is reversed and we don't buy back the shares, MH can maintain their pre-issue percentage shareholding.

But the shares are not listed. It is a private company. The club can sell shares to who they like. There was no share placement or offer document as that isn't allowed for a private company. Buyers had to ask to buy shares. I am sure the majority of existing shareholders knew that.
Trust update email.. on 17:14 - May 16 with 3193 viewsTomRAFC

Trust update email.. on 17:08 - May 16 by Dalenet

But the shares are not listed. It is a private company. The club can sell shares to who they like. There was no share placement or offer document as that isn't allowed for a private company. Buyers had to ask to buy shares. I am sure the majority of existing shareholders knew that.

If Morton House had legitimate ownership of those shares, the first thing they could have done was attended the EGM and voted against the share release.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Trust update email.. on 18:37 - May 16 with 3046 viewsNorthernDale

If MH had registered the ownership of the shares they owned with the club, as required under EFL rules, they could have registered their opposition the new share issue. In that all registered share owners with the club had the right to vote and something like 96% voted in favour of the new share issue, so as I see it, the club as broke no rules, also the club had the right under the share issue to sell the shares to whoever the decided.

I accept that MH and baldy may want to divest themselves of the shares, now the takeover bid as failed (hopefully for good) and they informed the EFL of that decision, then the trust or the club should offer them the true value of the shares, i.e £2 a share. If they lose money then it is their fault in paying way over the odds in a attempt to buy the club and when somebody pays way over the odds, then we must wonder what is their aim and how would they generate a healthy return. Please reference the fate of Bury. Moreover they objected to the board and trust objection to the takeover, but rejections of hostile takeovers are common in business and the failed bidders do not seek compensation.

The true guilty are DB for persuading them to buy the shares of the directors (including his shares), Jarvis for his inability to keep his mouth shut and MH stupidity in thinking Dale fans were numb enough to fall for their lies.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 18:42]
Trust update email.. on 19:09 - May 16 with 2969 views49thseason

Trust update email.. on 18:37 - May 16 by NorthernDale

If MH had registered the ownership of the shares they owned with the club, as required under EFL rules, they could have registered their opposition the new share issue. In that all registered share owners with the club had the right to vote and something like 96% voted in favour of the new share issue, so as I see it, the club as broke no rules, also the club had the right under the share issue to sell the shares to whoever the decided.

I accept that MH and baldy may want to divest themselves of the shares, now the takeover bid as failed (hopefully for good) and they informed the EFL of that decision, then the trust or the club should offer them the true value of the shares, i.e £2 a share. If they lose money then it is their fault in paying way over the odds in a attempt to buy the club and when somebody pays way over the odds, then we must wonder what is their aim and how would they generate a healthy return. Please reference the fate of Bury. Moreover they objected to the board and trust objection to the takeover, but rejections of hostile takeovers are common in business and the failed bidders do not seek compensation.

The true guilty are DB for persuading them to buy the shares of the directors (including his shares), Jarvis for his inability to keep his mouth shut and MH stupidity in thinking Dale fans were numb enough to fall for their lies.

MH are not the first to lose money playing with shares, nor will they be the last, there are simply no guarantees. They played with fire and got burned, it happens, they still own the shares, maybe, someday, somebody will make an offer for them, probably but they still own them, as many of us do. There beef is with the shares issue, but , guess what, even the most savvy investor gets done over by share placings when the company unexpectedly perhaps raises money via a shares issue to an investment company rather than "retail" investors and suddenly the number of shares in issue is doubled and their price falls dramatically. If it caused amcourt case everytime it happened, there would be no other cases going to court, its literally a daily event amongst the 1000sof quoted companies, never mind private companies. The MH shares are only worth what anyone will pay for them, there is no market for them. Offering £££s per share was stupid, no one made them do it....unless the former CEO was somehow twisting their arms. He should never have given them the idea that the club was for sale and they should have done due diligence prior to spending their money. Being stupid isnt going to wash at the High Court.... Caveat Emptor
Trust update email.. on 20:39 - May 16 with 2818 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust update email.. on 19:09 - May 16 by 49thseason

MH are not the first to lose money playing with shares, nor will they be the last, there are simply no guarantees. They played with fire and got burned, it happens, they still own the shares, maybe, someday, somebody will make an offer for them, probably but they still own them, as many of us do. There beef is with the shares issue, but , guess what, even the most savvy investor gets done over by share placings when the company unexpectedly perhaps raises money via a shares issue to an investment company rather than "retail" investors and suddenly the number of shares in issue is doubled and their price falls dramatically. If it caused amcourt case everytime it happened, there would be no other cases going to court, its literally a daily event amongst the 1000sof quoted companies, never mind private companies. The MH shares are only worth what anyone will pay for them, there is no market for them. Offering £££s per share was stupid, no one made them do it....unless the former CEO was somehow twisting their arms. He should never have given them the idea that the club was for sale and they should have done due diligence prior to spending their money. Being stupid isnt going to wash at the High Court.... Caveat Emptor

Could the former CEO have magically manipulated the price for the benefit of the ex-Chair Andrew Kilpatrick?

When any shares change hands there have to be a willing buyer and a willing seller.

Kilpatrick is the big financial winner here; Curran, Jarvis, Southall and Rose the big losers.

Quite the con to pull off persuading worthless shares in a football club were worth the alleged £1.2m that Jarvis reported in the Manchester Evening News.

It's the kind of s*ithouse trick you'd see from a snake oil salesman.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trust update email.. on 20:52 - May 16 with 2787 viewsD_Alien

Trust update email.. on 20:39 - May 16 by RAFCBLUE

Could the former CEO have magically manipulated the price for the benefit of the ex-Chair Andrew Kilpatrick?

When any shares change hands there have to be a willing buyer and a willing seller.

Kilpatrick is the big financial winner here; Curran, Jarvis, Southall and Rose the big losers.

Quite the con to pull off persuading worthless shares in a football club were worth the alleged £1.2m that Jarvis reported in the Manchester Evening News.

It's the kind of s*ithouse trick you'd see from a snake oil salesman.

Made the same point about potential collusion between the Chair and his CEO a short while back - again, as a question rather than an accusation, simply because he stood to gain the most (as the largest shareholder)

But Kilpatrick's unexpected resignation certainly fits into that scenario, and indeed it was that occurence that started the chain of events culminating in the EGM followed by the departure of the CEO later in June

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Trust update email.. on 23:37 - May 16 with 2664 viewsDorkingDale

My head hurts.....please just wake me up when it's over
Trust update email.. on 23:59 - May 16 with 2629 viewsSandyman

People understandably refer to Morton House as if it is a thing or business of substance. What is it? Current records claim it is owned by Faical Soufane (who he?). How does he and his so-called business become the owner (allegedly, never confirmed) of so many shares in RAFC? It hints at a deeper and more suspicious plot.

My Lord might be well advised to ask Faical Soufane personally rather than any sham "representatives" legal types or pretenders "Morton House" put up to keep up the front. Talk to the organ grinder not the monkeys.

Naughtiness is afoot, your honour. Tread carefully.

As 49thSeason says above, "Being stupid isnt going to wash at the High Court.... Caveat Emptor". Bollock dropped. Your fault.

We divested ourselves of Roger based on evidence. "Morton House" believed him. Your fault.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 0:09]
Trust update email.. on 06:26 - May 17 with 2467 viewsDale_4_Life

Trust update email.. on 18:37 - May 16 by NorthernDale

Exactly this.

Being greedy and stupid will only see the wrath of a judge.

Bring it on these clowns don't have a leg to stand on.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 6:32]
Trust update email.. on 08:45 - May 17 with 2342 views49thseason

Trust update email.. on 20:52 - May 16 by D_Alien

Made the same point about potential collusion between the Chair and his CEO a short while back - again, as a question rather than an accusation, simply because he stood to gain the most (as the largest shareholder)

But Kilpatrick's unexpected resignation certainly fits into that scenario, and indeed it was that occurence that started the chain of events culminating in the EGM followed by the departure of the CEO later in June

I dont think there is any doubt that Kilpatrick was the instigator, I wondered at the start of all this if Bottom was promised a slice of the pie if he helped to shift the shares? Kilpatrick was compromised and had to get out quickly if the rumours are true, so getting the best deal possible for his shares as quickly as possible was his only alternative.....enter the great negotiator, the man with the history of under the counter deals, Dodgy Dave.
The Yanks probably knew Kilpatrick wanted out and were happy to sell to MH, wanting nothing more to do with the club they invested in and probably having been approached by Bottom playing the intermediary role for all he was worth and picking up a % of the deals as he went along. I bet Bottom could hardly believe his luck when MH turned up, unless of course they were known to each other from some other dodgy dealings.. perhaps Bottom did his homework around the Bolton and other local deals for football clubs and Jarvis fell out of the woodwork..? Who knows, maybe they met at some sort of EFL function?
Trust update email.. on 09:55 - May 17 with 2266 viewsDorkingDale

Trust update email.. on 14:23 - May 16 by Nigeriamark

I thought the MH shares ware bought in a private deal from 4 or 5 of the main shareholders? If that is the case it can't really be part of this hearing as it has nothing to do with the club or trust. This is about the later share allocation & if they were sold at the same price as before there can't really be an issue. I think it is more that MH feel they should have had the option to buy some of these + unfair treatment in general from the club & trust ( the EGM etc)

The main issue from MH point of view is that the new share issue diluted the value of their shares - which were already worth substantially less than they paid for them.
Trust update email.. on 16:30 - May 17 with 2025 viewsDale_4_Life

Has the heat died down on how the GDPR protected shareholder personal information was happily used in the back door procurement process?
Trust update email.. on 21:04 - May 17 with 1789 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust update email.. on 08:45 - May 17 by 49thseason

I dont think there is any doubt that Kilpatrick was the instigator, I wondered at the start of all this if Bottom was promised a slice of the pie if he helped to shift the shares? Kilpatrick was compromised and had to get out quickly if the rumours are true, so getting the best deal possible for his shares as quickly as possible was his only alternative.....enter the great negotiator, the man with the history of under the counter deals, Dodgy Dave.
The Yanks probably knew Kilpatrick wanted out and were happy to sell to MH, wanting nothing more to do with the club they invested in and probably having been approached by Bottom playing the intermediary role for all he was worth and picking up a % of the deals as he went along. I bet Bottom could hardly believe his luck when MH turned up, unless of course they were known to each other from some other dodgy dealings.. perhaps Bottom did his homework around the Bolton and other local deals for football clubs and Jarvis fell out of the woodwork..? Who knows, maybe they met at some sort of EFL function?

How about:

* Kilpatrick decides he want to sell his share to any party he can find, providing the price is right.
* Doing so would however tarnish the name of his family, particularly his father Brian who was a die in the wall Dale fan.
* Kilpatrick resigns as Chairman in February 2021 citing personal reasons.
* By then a sales process is underway led by David Bottomley.
* Bottomley spends 3 months getting the possible runners and riders to the point of preferred bidder status.
* In May 2021, Martin Halsall is given preferred bidder status.
* Halsall was introduced to the Trust:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/10/trust-response-to-bbc-article/
* May 2021 Dale are relegated from League 1. Champagne is opened.
* May 2021 Dale fans get wind of what is happening and mobilise to stop a blind takeover.
* May 2021 EGM resolutions are sent to shareholders asking them to back a blind takeover.
* May 2021 Halsall withdraws
* June 2021 Board publish statement on why investment is needed
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/updatetosupporters/
* June 2021 Board withdraw motions during meeting of EGM
* June 2021 Bottomley removed
* June 2021 Bottomley leaves club by "mutual consent"
* July 2021 Morton House buy shares
* Kilpatrick is the main beneficiary but is nowhere near the action.
* February 2022: Club announce an ex-Director is being sued by the club.

It's the kind of story that would make a good book.

If I were Alexander Jarvis, I'd suddenly be coming to the idea that I might have been set up!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Trust update email.. on 21:40 - May 17 with 1731 viewsD_Alien

Trust update email.. on 21:04 - May 17 by RAFCBLUE

How about:

* Kilpatrick decides he want to sell his share to any party he can find, providing the price is right.
* Doing so would however tarnish the name of his family, particularly his father Brian who was a die in the wall Dale fan.
* Bottomley spends 3 months getting the possible runners and riders to the point of preferred bidder status.
* May 2021 Dale fans get wind of what is happening and mobilise to stop a blind takeover.
* May 2021 EGM resolutions are sent to shareholders asking them to back a blind takeover.

If I were Alexander Jarvis, I'd suddenly be coming to the idea that I might have been set up!

That'd still leave the question behind the initial assumption, i.e. why did Kilpatrick decide he wanted to sell out?

Not sure he needed the money for any particular reason (i.e. financial hardship), therefore the focus shifts to his profile at the club. As a Chairman whose input into the proceedings was conspicuous by its absence, he can't have failed to be embarrassed at being perceived in this way by the fanbase, which included awkward questions asked about his intentions at Fan Forums and comments on this forum about being a puppet with Bottomley pulling the strings. He was a far cry from our previous Chairs, in terms of respect or admiration

None of which excuses the actions he then took, which betrayed the legacy set up by his father

[Post edited 17 May 2022 21:42]

Trust update email.. on 21:49 - May 17 with 1700 viewsHullDale

Trust update email.. on 21:40 - May 17 by D_Alien

That'd still leave the question behind the initial assumption, i.e. why did Kilpatrick decide he wanted to sell out?

Not sure he needed the money for any particular reason (i.e. financial hardship), therefore the focus shifts to his profile at the club. As a Chairman whose input into the proceedings was conspicuous by its absence, he can't have failed to be embarrassed at being perceived in this way by the fanbase, which included awkward questions asked about his intentions at Fan Forums and comments on this forum about being a puppet with Bottomley pulling the strings. He was a far cry from our previous Chairs, in terms of respect or admiration

None of which excuses the actions he then took, which betrayed the legacy set up by his father

Didn't he resign from all his other appointments / directorships at roughly the same time? From memory (I may be wrong) they all would've required time away from the family home.

Maybe something in that.
Trust update email.. on 21:51 - May 17 with 1694 viewsHullDale

Trust update email.. on 21:49 - May 17 by HullDale

Didn't he resign from all his other appointments / directorships at roughly the same time? From memory (I may be wrong) they all would've required time away from the family home.

Maybe something in that.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/JpEzR0-EIPeY
Trust update email.. on 21:53 - May 17 with 1687 views49thseason

Trust update email.. on 21:04 - May 17 by RAFCBLUE

How about:

It would certainly be interesting to hear what Halsall thought about Bottom and the whole process, particularly why he withdrew and what he was told Vs what any due diligence he did uncovered. I don't know if Halsall is a straight shooter or not, I suspect not so for him to withdraw there must have been something even he didn't like the look/ smell of.
I think we can all agree that the problems started when Kilpatrick (or his wife) decided it was time to get rid of his shares, My best guess is that Dodgy Dave saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands, appointing Bottom to the board was the mistake that set the rabbit running and no one had the guts to stop him. Ultimately a weak BoD led to a weak club and a poor team.
Trust update email.. on 21:59 - May 17 with 1669 viewsD_Alien

Trust update email.. on 21:51 - May 17 by HullDale

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/JpEzR0-EIPeY

It would appear so. That doesn't alter the perception of him i've described, and whatever his reasons for stepping away from the action across all his concerns (and they may include other factors), i doubt he has any qualms about the role his divestment of a sizeable shareholding played in the furore that followed

Trust update email.. on 22:00 - May 17 with 1664 viewsHullDale

Trust update email.. on 21:53 - May 17 by 49thseason

It would certainly be interesting to hear what Halsall thought about Bottom and the whole process, particularly why he withdrew and what he was told Vs what any due diligence he did uncovered. I don't know if Halsall is a straight shooter or not, I suspect not so for him to withdraw there must have been something even he didn't like the look/ smell of.
I think we can all agree that the problems started when Kilpatrick (or his wife) decided it was time to get rid of his shares, My best guess is that Dodgy Dave saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands, appointing Bottom to the board was the mistake that set the rabbit running and no one had the guts to stop him. Ultimately a weak BoD led to a weak club and a poor team.

Halsall's racing team has recently been dissolved.

There is also an interesting array of companies linked to him - not quite at Courtnell levels but not far off:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/9FZBX_7QlXV9

House Savvy Ltd & Movuno Ltd would make me instantly nervous - one is 'development of building projects' and the other is an estate agency.

That whole page, & the rabbit warren of linked companies, makes me think we may have dodged a bullet.
Trust update email.. on 22:16 - May 17 with 1610 viewsRAFCBLUE

You can only assume it was for the money.

Remember, Andrew Kilpatrick's shareholder came from father Brian.

Brian Kilpatrick died in May 2014.

On the June 2014 Annual Return it shows Brian Ashton Kilpatrick had 110,000 shares.

On the June 2015 Annual return these shares had transferred to Andrew Kilpatrick.

Andrew Kilpatrick didn't buy those shares and they were effectively part of his inheritance.

Worthless in 2014, suddenly worth a lot of money in 2021.

Andrew Kilpatrick joined the board in early December 2018.

James Mason left as CEO in December 2018.

David Bottomley was appointed as CEO in December 2018.

Dunphy retired in December 2018.

Hill was sacked in March 2019.

The first attempted sale EGM was attempted for March 2020 but had to be postponed due to Covid.

Kilpatrick stepped down for "personal reasons" in February 2021.

The second attempted sale EGM was attempted for June 2021.

That run of form doesn't read well for the former Chairman with a club that was run into the ground by an inept CEO of his choosing.

Trust update email.. on 22:26 - May 17 with 1582 viewsD_Alien

Trust update email.. on 22:16 - May 17 by RAFCBLUE

You can only assume it was for the money.

Remember, Andrew Kilpatrick's shareholder came from father Brian.

Brian Kilpatrick died in May 2014.

On the June 2014 Annual Return it shows Brian Ashton Kilpatrick had 110,000 shares.

On the June 2015 Annual return these shares had transferred to Andrew Kilpatrick.

Andrew Kilpatrick didn't buy those shares and they were effectively part of his inheritance.

Worthless in 2014, suddenly worth a lot of money in 2021.

Andrew Kilpatrick joined the board in early December 2018.

James Mason left as CEO in December 2018.

David Bottomley was appointed as CEO in December 2018.

Dunphy retired in December 2018.

Hill was sacked in March 2019.

The first attempted sale EGM was attempted for March 2020 but had to be postponed due to Covid.

Kilpatrick stepped down for "personal reasons" in February 2021.

The second attempted sale EGM was attempted for June 2021.

That run of form doesn't read well for the former Chairman with a club that was run into the ground by an inept CEO of his choosing.

In the absence of needing the readies (and wasn't he independently well off from his own career in finance?), the suspicion remains that it was his reputation as being a pretty useless Chair that turned him into someone prepared to see his father's legacy turned into personal gain at the expense of the stability of the club

Trust update email.. on 23:02 - May 17 with 1522 viewsjudd

Trust update email.. on 22:26 - May 17 by D_Alien

In the absence of needing the readies (and wasn't he independently well off from his own career in finance?), the suspicion remains that it was his reputation as being a pretty useless Chair that turned him into someone prepared to see his father's legacy turned into personal gain at the expense of the stability of the club

It's all about the brass

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust update email.. on 23:31 - May 17 with 1468 viewsR17ALE

It became apparent to investigators that Andrew Kilpatrick was using his Chairmanship to facilitate trips, not to Spotland for matches, but to Monte Negro ladies in Manchester. This nugget of info might have precipitated all manner of deals. But the man holding the baton conducting the orchestra was Roger, a man who would use any info gleaned to line his pockets.

The sorry story has many twists. And all roads lead back to Roger.

Now I've googled Monte Negro ladies Manchester and our former Chairman did have good taste to be fair. I imagine his Dom Perigon was 1926.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024