Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight’s Fans Forum 19:53 - Feb 9 with 24194 viewsDaleyBrent

UnfortunatelY unable to attend tonight but really keen to here some of the key takeaways if those present wouldn’t mind summarising below:

Thanks in advance! UTD
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 3706 viewsDale27

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:54 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

There was no holding back in telling fans that they're "spreading doom and gloom"

This, in response to a question that's been debated extensively on here about the workings of our Commercial Dept. The actual question wasn't answered, which was around targets and concerns voiced by current sponsors

On the positive side, apparently our year on year sponsorship income is rising, whilst others have pulled out due to either being unwilling or not being able to pay the going market rate

I genuinely believe that a fit/interested Campbell could be the difference in us staying up and going down. If there’s an issue with him then say so, rather than sugar footing around the issue - he’s clearly fit to play currently
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:37 - Feb 9 with 3618 viewsBrierls

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:20 - Feb 9 by judd

My take was that sponsorship had been undersold in previous years and I also thought Richard alluded to Zen Internet not paying a bean for the Sandy sponsorship.

Unfortunately, the roving mic style stops any supplementary questions and needs to be reviewed

May as well have kept the microphone at one table tbf.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:53 - Feb 9 with 3514 views442Dale

On the football side, the new arrivals have obviously improved us, but there doesn’t seem to be any real confidence we can get out of this.

If not, and on the back of Chaff’s question about the managerial position, what happens if we do keep losing games and go down?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:54 - Feb 9 with 3513 views49thseason

My take was that sponsorship had been undersold in previous years and I also thought Richard alluded to Zen Internet not paying a bean for the Sandy sponsorship.

Unfortunately, the roving mic style stops any supplementary questions and needs to be reviewed

The " no cash changed hands " Zen deal was known more or less from the get go. The sponsorship for the " Westrose Leisure " Stand would hardly have bought a round of drinks either and I think we know who was behind that...As I have said many times the previous board was completely inept.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:59 - Feb 9 with 3488 views442Dale

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:54 - Feb 9 by 49thseason

The " no cash changed hands " Zen deal was known more or less from the get go. The sponsorship for the " Westrose Leisure " Stand would hardly have bought a round of drinks either and I think we know who was behind that...As I have said many times the previous board was completely inept.

Not sure exactly when the Westrose Leisure sponsorship started but it’s been called that since at least 2013:

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2013/november/getting-to-rochdale/

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:04 - Feb 10 with 3473 viewsThreeLions

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:04 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

I’ll bite on the “doom and gloom”. They haven’t a clue.

Yes, there have been negative remarks and ridiculous stuff on social media and even some of the stuff shouted by individuals at games has been very unfair (to Eastwood especially), but this is a fan base looking for the smallest lights at the end of many tunnels. The support and real will to hope we improve is evident across the majority.

If the team reflected the positivity and endeavour of the supporters we’d be ten points better off.

Understand Rochdale fans. We are doing as much as we can.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 23:06]

You've obviously not read some of the comments on some of the dale related Facebook groups in particular the 'appreciation' group that should really have a name change. It's enough to drive you to depression.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:10 - Feb 10 with 3430 views442Dale

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:04 - Feb 10 by ThreeLions

You've obviously not read some of the comments on some of the dale related Facebook groups in particular the 'appreciation' group that should really have a name change. It's enough to drive you to depression.

Aye, not on Facebook. You’d hope amongst all the rubbish, and there’s plenty, people could keep some perspective. Certainly think it happens on here and in general at games.

There has been many more negative home crowds in the past than what we have now. Quite why, it’s hard to work out!

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:18 - Feb 10 with 3403 viewsD_Alien

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:10 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

Aye, not on Facebook. You’d hope amongst all the rubbish, and there’s plenty, people could keep some perspective. Certainly think it happens on here and in general at games.

There has been many more negative home crowds in the past than what we have now. Quite why, it’s hard to work out!

It's also about not equating the execrable rubbish posted on some social media sites with questions which are posed out of genuine concern for the way the club performs, on and off the pitch

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:52 - Feb 10 with 3313 viewsdingdangblue

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:47 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

The rationale was that it was better to introduce a new keeper on the back of a couple of positive results...

Well that worked a treat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:56 - Feb 10 with 3306 viewsShun

What was Chaff’s question about the management, and subsequent answer?

Also, was it elucidated on as to why we missed out on targets in January? Purely due to funds or other reasons?
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 01:29 - Feb 10 with 3284 viewsSandyman

Fab to not hear the Facebook and Dale twitterati and their angry online opinions tonight.
All such big hard boys gobbing off online against the board and manager but not one big or brave enough to ask a face to face question at the fans forum in their own name.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 2:16]
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 05:55 - Feb 10 with 3160 viewsrichfoad32

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:13 - Feb 9 by dale_spotland

Sure there’s plenty I’ve missed that others will add:

O’Donnell was dropped due to conceding 10 in December, he’s responded well and will be back in net on Saturday as Eastwood hasn’t coped too well with the pressure and criticism.

‘Tavhon Campbell is fit and available for selection and that’s all I’ll really say on him’

There was January interest in Odoh, yes you read that correctly.

We still don’t know exactly why the Brierley move didn’t work, it still could as Blackburn have got top lawyers appealing, Brierley earlier in the week told Rochdale he didn’t want to train and risk injury while the move may still happen if the appeal is successful, however he today told the club he’s willing to return.

The club was going under if Scott Hogan wasn’t sold to Aston Villa.

The desire is still absolutely to be fan owned, however it’s becoming impossible and at the minute Simon’s main concern is making sure we have a club in 10 years which at the minute may not be the case.

I actually don't find it that outlandish that Odoh has attracted interest from others. I could easily see a National League team or even some from our level taking a punt on him. He always puts a shift in, I actually think his best games for Dale have been at left wingback, it's just that he's incredibly frustrating in that his final pass and decision making seem to be woefully lacking. He's still only 22, I'm sure there's managers who think they can work on that with him and they'll have a decent player on their hands.

The clock is ticking for him though.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 06:21 - Feb 10 with 3136 viewsJames1980

Would that be the sponsorship Dale certain people insinuated was very good for the club?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 06:31 - Feb 10 with 3115 viewsChaffRAFC

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 00:56 - Feb 10 by Shun

What was Chaff’s question about the management, and subsequent answer?

Also, was it elucidated on as to why we missed out on targets in January? Purely due to funds or other reasons?

I basically asked whether any thought had been given to a change of manager to perhaps spark an upturn in form. Like, if we are still where we are over the next few weeks, would we roll the dice to at least try and stop us getting relegated.

It's not me calling for the manager to be sacked, more asking if the board would take that step as a last resort

We won't be changing manager again this season was the answer.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 06:44 - Feb 10 with 3100 viewsJames1980

Did anyone ask about relegation clauses in player or management team contracts?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 07:20 - Feb 10 with 3028 viewsHullDale

A few bits off the top of my head that I've not seen shared yet...

- The Brierley deal, if successful, would be announced as 'an undisclosed 6 figure sum us add ons'

- When the new management came in, the team was all doom & gloom, full of football jargon & negative 'sideways passing'

- We missed out on lots of targets, including one who went to Walsall and one where Hartlepool beat our offer & then Harrogate beat theirs on deadline day

- We have one free agent triallist with us at the minute from Ireland, and should have another 1/2 in next week to have a look at

- A section of the squad have not been going flat out every day in training... they have increased the intensity of training and some players don't like it... they're either not in the squad or in and out of the team, and 1 or 2 may still go out of the club over the next week

- Diagouraga missed 4 weeks' training over winter, and his age is showing. He may be back in contention this weekend

- In response to a question if the players 'get it', one of the directors claimed to be at the ground regularly making sure they do

- Premier League stats show 95% of teams bring everyone back for corners - if they're right, our decision to do the same is right

- Management 'stumbled across' a formation that worked with 3 at the back... the whole club was recruited for 3 at the back so changing it is a challenge

- Morton House paid an average of £5 per share, and sold them back to the club for £2.35 per share

- The billboard adertising season tickets that went off sale 5 months ago is proving difficult to change... one of the directors has been trying to do it this week

- The club needs a welder to make a new boot locker

- 'Volunteer Army' wasn't mentioned specifically, but when asked about supporter involvement a director claimed an initiative would be announced this week

- If we get relegated, we get parachute payments for the first year and potentially more TV money than today thanks to the non-league BT deal

- The club had initial interactions with 100+ investors, whittled it down to second conversations with around 50, and are hoping to get into more detailed conversations soon

- Chris Dunphy has not been in touch with the club, but the shared are there for anybody to purchase

- At the start of the week Brierley didn't want to risk injury in training so has been doing gym work. Yesterday he messaged George D saying if it isn't resolved soon he wants to come back to full training

- Adshead had a slight injury which should've kept him out for 2 days. He trained fine with Cheltenham the Thursday after deadline day, trained Friday and felt a niggle again. He should've been with us from the Monday but Cheltenham insisted he stays with them and their medical team... it sounds like he hasn't been back up to Rochdale at all yet.

All in all, the main thing I took away is that everybody is working ever so hard. Management are working hard. Players are working hard. Departments are working hard. But something isn't working well.

Although the management spoke well (Bentley in long answers and Chadwick in more specifics) I walked away feeling less confident of league survival than I was before. It sounds like they are struggling to motivate parts of the squad, we improved defensive set pieces but that has relapsed, we can either have more at the back and be negative or more up top and have midfield overloaded.

It was good to hear some people reference the good woro the board have done.

If there is an air of 'doom and gloom' at the minute, I didn't really hear much last night about how rhe club will pull us out of it, & I didn't walk away seeing any real light at the end of the tunnel on the pitch or financially.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 07:21 - Feb 10 with 3021 viewsdingdangblue

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 06:31 - Feb 10 by ChaffRAFC

I basically asked whether any thought had been given to a change of manager to perhaps spark an upturn in form. Like, if we are still where we are over the next few weeks, would we roll the dice to at least try and stop us getting relegated.

It's not me calling for the manager to be sacked, more asking if the board would take that step as a last resort

Fair play for asking but no one was going to say if we lose the next 3-4 games Jim's job is on the line.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 07:26 - Feb 10 with 3008 viewsHullDale

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 07:21 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

Fair play for asking but no one was going to say if we lose the next 3-4 games Jim's job is on the line.

Especially when he was stood at the back of the room making eye contact with the board when the question was asked

In the same question that challenged the 'fine margins' debate, it was asked of Jim what changes we'll see to get us to the required 1.4ppg from our 0.8ppg under this management team so far (Stockdale was at 1.1). There wasn't really a great answer to that either.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 08:37 - Feb 10 with 2771 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Lifted from twitter
"It's your shit, it's my shit, it's our shit, it's us against the world and we've got to make sure we win." - Richard Knight, 2023.
He forgot to say. “Now all we need are the players to give a shit”
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 08:55 - Feb 10 with 2708 viewskel

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 01:29 - Feb 10 by Sandyman

Fab to not hear the Facebook and Dale twitterati and their angry online opinions tonight.
All such big hard boys gobbing off online against the board and manager but not one big or brave enough to ask a face to face question at the fans forum in their own name.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 2:16]

Always happens. There’s a little gang on Twitter who haven’t even got the balls to disagree with each other once one of them posts their bile. Not got a pair between them and think because they sing some juvenile songs and chuck flares, they’re better than the rest of us.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 09:01 - Feb 10 with 2675 viewsJames1980

Does it appear that some are resigned to being in national league next season or is there fight still there until survival is mathematical not possible?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 09:03 - Feb 10 with 2662 views49thseason

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 06:31 - Feb 10 by ChaffRAFC

Thats like asking the " how often do you beat your wife"? Question. The Board was hardly likely to say " yes we will change the manager again" were they? It could be interpreted as constructive dismissal if they then did. Bentley must be under huge pressure to improve results and they have backed him in the window, he now has to prove they were right to do, so but we cant defend our way out of this mess, so the emphasis now has to be on scoring and picking up 4 or more points every 3 games and hoping its enough.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 09:53 - Feb 10 with 2473 viewsfrenzied

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

In Jim i trust ..for me the season starts now for him ..i hope his Jan activity gives him a selection of players with the talent to dig us out.

UTD!!!
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 10:06 - Feb 10 with 2399 viewsfitzochris

The pervasive doom and gloom among the fanbase is commensurate with a team that is bottom of the Football League. Trying to dismiss that is folly, in my opinion.

If team performances improve (and results) so does the mood of the supporters. It follows then (rightly or wrongly) that the board come in for less criticism about off-field issues. It's the way football works.

My own opinion is that we are already down (signing a midfielder who is injured and hasn't even joined the club yet typifies how desperate we were in our transfer business by the end of the window).

I have reconciled in my mind that we will be playing in the National League next season and am already looking for the positives in that - new grounds to visit, the chance to actually win more than five games in a season etc.

We rolled the dice in the transfer window with a view to staying up, but hopefully it was with a view to being competitive should we be relegated too (hopefully no cheap release clauses for new recruits but clauses in abundance for other players).

I want to be confident there is a plan in place for this long-term. Chaff and 442Dale make the point about management if we keep losing games to seal our inevitable fate. Do we stick with them next season? If so, why? Would we recruit players to be competitive or just to survive? Is there a budget for that if we don't attract investment?

So many unknowns for me at the minute.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 10:47 - Feb 10 with 2206 views_Stefan_Kuntz

It seems to be that Rochdale have done the absolute minimum to comply with the EFL rule that there must be 2 open fora per year with at least one owner, director or executive on the panel. Those of us who love Rochdale have been let down by it not going out 'live' on local radio / internet and it seemingly not being either video or audio recorded to give the option of there subsequently being the opportunity to experience it.

Was it actually recorded by the club, local radio or any of the press? Will such a recording be released, unedited, onto the internet by the club or the press or local radio? Will it be broadcasted, unedited, on local radio?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 10:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024