Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. 18:12 - May 12 with 7938 viewsDale_4_Life

I was thinking how can we fans help the club.

Season ticket purchased early and new merchendise bought for the new season they are a given.

Encourage lapsed supporters that the club is on the brink but not cast adrift at sea, a Winning start and attractive attacking football will help but it would be great if we could match and even better the last season home attendance numbers.

If you know any lapsed fan try and get them to buy into the idea of coming down buying a season card and having a good time at Spotland once every two weeks. I know the club will be rolling out promotions and deals in the next few months. Its time to dig deep, not necessarily in the pockets more in the soul.. we are Dale and we can be amazing. Lets not roll over instead roll up the sleeves and bang the Dale drum nice and loud.

Roll on the fixture list being announced and the dawn of a brand new challenge.

Up the Dale.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:22 - May 12 with 5422 viewsBrierls

I’ve never felt more detached from the club.

That said, once I’ve calmed down from the McNulty appointment, I’m very likely to buy a season ticket, new shirts, and spend every weekend following Dale up and down the country. Just because that’s what I do.

One thing I won’t be doing is trying to convince friends or lapsed fans to come to Dale. I can’t and won’t be able to convince others in something I don’t believe in myself. The BoD have turned down the opportunity of a fresh start, a chance for fans to unite, so why on earth would lapsed fans want to return?
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:23 - May 12 with 5415 views442Dale

Encourage the board to engage transparently and consistently with the major shareholder, the Dale Supporters Trust.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:27 - May 12 with 5384 views49thseason

Unfortunately lots of my pals have either left or are leaving Rochdale. Others have been gone too long and will never return, not even for a cup final, they have been let down too many times. And therein is the real challenge for the club and its new manager, the whole edifice needs to change and recognise football is part of the entertainment business.... For Gods sake, entertain us!
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:34 - May 12 with 5358 viewsDaleiLama

I agree with the spirit of your post, but "try and get them to buy into the idea of coming down buying a season card and having a good time at Spotland once every two weeks"?

For me, that's a bridge too far to even personally imagine after too many mind-numbingly tedious season's of home football. To try to convince someone else and keep a clear conscience right now is would be impossible. Who knows, we may recruit well, get off to a flying start and momentum might build, but on the back of dropping two tiers, I think this request is a blind leap of faith too far.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:41 - May 12 with 5329 viewsD_Alien

No season card this time. Not just Jim, but other unknowns like ownership (less likely after his appointment?) but also i might alternate between the Sandy and Pearl St at the games i choose to attend. No lessons needed in being a fan here (not a dig, D4L) but no-one's attendance should be taken for granted - imo, it's partly why we're where we are now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:01 - May 12 with 5290 viewsClivert

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:41 - May 12 by D_Alien

No season card this time. Not just Jim, but other unknowns like ownership (less likely after his appointment?) but also i might alternate between the Sandy and Pearl St at the games i choose to attend. No lessons needed in being a fan here (not a dig, D4L) but no-one's attendance should be taken for granted - imo, it's partly why we're where we are now

Exactly how I feel.

I've been a season ticket holder all of my working life and I'm choosing not to renew for next season because I believe that the board are taking the piss out of us as a fan base. I'll pick and choose the games that I'm going to and I hope that I end up out of pocket because of how well we've done but right now we need to send a message to the board and season ticket sales is the best way of doing it.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 19:04]
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:01 - May 12 with 5291 viewsLaveritty

“having a good time at Spotland once every two weeks”

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on here in ages!

Have you been to many home matches over the last 4/5 seasons?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:25 - May 12 with 5239 viewssxdale

We are already the best we can be, we are f***ing Dale fans, we support the team through thin and thinner. It's down to the club, the players and the manager yo be the best they can be and give us something to be proud of.

Big Jim has my support for now, he has a clean slate now go and win some games and we'll all be happy
Login to get fewer ads

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:47 - May 12 with 5191 viewsTomRAFC

The lapsed supporters I know, are lapsed because they grew up and had kids. They couldn't spare the time anymore. I've got friends with kids who are wanting to stop coming because the Sandy has gotten so bad. I'd be hard pressed to suggest people should come back, after years away, and expose their kids to that.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 20:57 - May 12 with 5093 views442Dale

Rochdale fans see through nonsense. We’ve already seen that this last couple of years.

It’s as simple as that.

And yet some peopletry to justify it with words. We’ve been there remember, look at yourself first and how you can do better.

Fans and the Trust have done that over the last few weeks. We see you.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 21:53 - May 12 with 5015 viewsdawlishdale

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 19:01 - May 12 by Clivert

Exactly how I feel.

I've been a season ticket holder all of my working life and I'm choosing not to renew for next season because I believe that the board are taking the piss out of us as a fan base. I'll pick and choose the games that I'm going to and I hope that I end up out of pocket because of how well we've done but right now we need to send a message to the board and season ticket sales is the best way of doing it.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 19:04]

I echo this post as well. Sadly, after 51 years of having a season ticket ( probably more than any Board member) and countless thousands of miles travelling to watch us, I've decided not to renew. Its mainly a direct result of 5 years of pathetic football at home, but also my own personal protest at the horrendous decisions taken by the board. What on earth has happened to my club?

I'll still attend some matches, but I'm no longer prepared to have the pi55 taken by people who are clearly well intentioned but lacking in business sense.

There are many many more who are saying the same. If we ever get around to selling season tickets, I fear a big fall in numbers willing to buy.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:06 - May 12 with 4981 viewsClivert

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 21:53 - May 12 by dawlishdale

I echo this post as well. Sadly, after 51 years of having a season ticket ( probably more than any Board member) and countless thousands of miles travelling to watch us, I've decided not to renew. Its mainly a direct result of 5 years of pathetic football at home, but also my own personal protest at the horrendous decisions taken by the board. What on earth has happened to my club?

I'll still attend some matches, but I'm no longer prepared to have the pi55 taken by people who are clearly well intentioned but lacking in business sense.

There are many many more who are saying the same. If we ever get around to selling season tickets, I fear a big fall in numbers willing to buy.

You've done more miles that me!

Graham Barrow, Steve Eyre, Jason Hardy, Jon Boardman, Chris Lee, Andy Morris, Mark Leonard(X2), Roland Bergkamp, Alan Buckley, Sako, Michael Simpkins and the many other piles of crap that I've stood by over the years didn't break me but this board have.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 22:13]
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:09 - May 12 with 4972 views_Windydale

I signed up to the Dale lotto. Tiny contributions weekly but it all helps. 4 of us are getting another season ticket

I'm looking forward to seeing change. To see if Jim delivers on his you-tube interview promise, of recruiting a decent team that gives a sh1te and wants success with this club.

To see him get rid of the spineless thats been allowed to wear a shirt this season

To see if he can retain the likes of lloyd and build a squad that sees us in the top half next season. No-one knows what's to come. I'm looking forward to change and a brand new season to see what unfolds.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:18 - May 12 with 4941 viewsR17ALE

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 21:53 - May 12 by dawlishdale

I'll happily buy a season ticket and would have since March, but due to the Board's incompetence, I can't physically buy one but I will if they appear.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 12:34]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:27 - May 12 with 4922 viewsEllDale

If there had been an inducement to buy a ticket in March then I almost certainly would have done.
Now I’m just biding my time.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:35 - May 12 with 4916 viewsClivert

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:27 - May 12 by EllDale

If there had been an inducement to buy a ticket in March then I almost certainly would have done.
Now I’m just biding my time.

Season ticket prices are the 'same' as per The Chairman's statement from last weekend, no link to any page about prices from his statement.

They expect us to Google last season's prices (as some solid fans did) while they try and sell the product to us.
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:40 - May 12 with 4907 viewsR17ALE

The Board need to understand that season ticket holders have a buying habit too. Just like walk ups. FFS there's no business acumen anywhere at the club. Their naivety is singing like Vera Lynn in WW2.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 22:41 - May 12 with 4903 viewsSandyman

As mentioned on here previously, four pricing options for season cards were explained to us at one of the recent Dale Trust research meetings.

Those options are now down to two - NFL with investment or NFL without investment.

Guessing of course, but given the complexities of any potential investment, the matter is unlikely to be concluded quickly so why not go with the "NFL without investment" option and get some much needed funds in ASAP?
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 00:08 - May 13 with 4805 viewswindowsbug2002

Get rid of Tarus security and I may return.
Constantly being singled out for searches and being accused of racism when complaining about my treatment.
Untill that day arrives, I'll never set foot in the ground again.
Got my first season ticket in 1986, had one every year since.
One of the Swansea 45
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 00:16 - May 13 with 4784 viewsSandyman

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 00:08 - May 13 by windowsbug2002

Get rid of Tarus security and I may return.
Constantly being singled out for searches and being accused of racism when complaining about my treatment.
Untill that day arrives, I'll never set foot in the ground again.
Got my first season ticket in 1986, had one every year since.
One of the Swansea 45

Taurus security was anything but liked at the Dale Trust meeting I went to. Many tales of ineptitude, ignorance and more. It was definitely suggested that we should run stewarding in house again. It worked then.

On whose watch they were recruited, and who was allegedly seen dining on the Taurus table at a recent NW football awards do despite being given a two year ban by the EFL as a relevant person?

We shouldn't touch that company with a bargepole. Wonder how long the contract is for?

[Post edited 13 May 2023 0:54]
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 01:07 - May 13 with 4749 viewsSuddenLad

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 18:22 - May 12 by Brierls

I’ve never felt more detached from the club.

That said, once I’ve calmed down from the McNulty appointment, I’m very likely to buy a season ticket, new shirts, and spend every weekend following Dale up and down the country. Just because that’s what I do.

One thing I won’t be doing is trying to convince friends or lapsed fans to come to Dale. I can’t and won’t be able to convince others in something I don’t believe in myself. The BoD have turned down the opportunity of a fresh start, a chance for fans to unite, so why on earth would lapsed fans want to return?

Unless you were privy to the CV content of other applicants and were sat in for the interview process for each candidate, you have no valid argument as to whether the club have 'missed an opportunity', other than your own opinion.

They may well actually have seized an opportunity. We are about to find out.

Appointing Jim McNulty might not suit you personally, in fact, you trailed your opinion well in advance of the announcement as if in an attempt to suggest to the Board not to appoint him. It seems that there are plenty of others fully behind the decision, so it's not entirely unwanted.

Anyway, what's wrong with trying to encourage others to attend games? Especially lapsed fans. Don't we all want bigger gates and more fans at games and more revenue for the club?

As you admit, you'll probably carry on spending, following the team up and (more) down the country when the season starts. Once the fixtures are released to whet the appetite, the sap will rise and most supporters will be chomping at the bit for the season to start.

Keep the faith.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 04:22 - May 13 with 4721 viewsTalkingSutty

So you are suggesting (Dale 4 life) that the fans should blindly follow the club without question? This is the sort of patronising guff i would expect from the Chairman and the Directors.

The shareholders, supporters trust and fans are being treated abysmally. Totally ignored, looked down on as a inconvenience, no respect shown at all. It feels to me as though the club has come full circle again. I have the same worries now as i did when Bottomley etc were just doing exactly what they wanted with the club while sticking two fingers up to the fans in the process..and it saddens me to say that.

Are the Board of Directors mute or under a gagging order, why do we never hear from them? Are they happy with how the Trust and the fans are just completely ignored? Are they happy with what appears from the outside as a bit of a dictatorship and do they really think that Simon Gauge is the right choice as Chairman of the Club? If not then as fans perhaps they can flex their muscles in the Boardroom because somebody needs to unite this club and the current Chairman is doing the opposite to that.

Why have the Shareholders and fans not seen the in depth report that this consultancy company have spent weeks and weeks compiling?

Who are the individuals attached to MRKT, those who are involved in making the major decisions at the club such as managerial and player recruitment and will they be taking a cut of any player sell ons etc? It's important that the fans know who these faceless people are.

I'm assuming that Simon Gauge and the Directors have had the good manners and commonsense to introduce the clubs major shareholder,the Supporters Trust and their representatives, to the MRKT consultancy company. That would have been one of the first priorities surely?

Have MRKT reached out to the Supporters Trust during their deep dive into how the club is structured and what needs to be done better...if not then why not, bearing in mind the number of shares the Trust holds and the large percentage of the fan base it represents? It's a no brainer that as a professional company you would look on that as a major priority. The fans are the main source of income.

If none of this has happened then alarm bells should be ringing and I would suggest a EGM should be called. It calls into question the integrity of those running the club at a time when outside investors are being actively sought, how can we be confident that the Trust will be fully involved in the process when the evidence suggests the opposite? We have over 500 shareholders and a very strong supporters trust. We've been fighting a long battle to wrestle back control of the club and it was agreed by shareholders, the Trust, Simon Gauge, Directors, fans that it was to be a fan owned, inclusive club. We now have the opposite of that so what are we going to do about it?

It's obvious that inclusivity and fan engagement is very low on the priority list of Gauge ( if Dunphy is good enough then so is Gauge), the Directors and their consultancy/ marketing company. The suggestion that we should just crack on and keep putting our hand in our pocket, inviting friends and family and pretending everything is great is one that I wouldn't expect from a concerned supporter, it doesn't ring right. I think a lot of fans will take their own action now and do the complete opposite of what your original post is suggesting because that's what happens when fans feel disengaged and disrespected.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 7:49]
Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 08:01 - May 13 with 4587 viewselectricblue

Where is the media photo of McNulty on the pitch holding a Dale scarf over his head with the headline of a new manager etc...

They cannot even do that and all we get is a 12min youtube video of the droning voice of the manager..

Not very inspiring at all..

The current BoD come across as having the same attitude as the previous BoDs..

I did intend to buy a SC this coming season before heading off to live over 200miles away and become a member of the exiles next year.
I did intend to bring our 13yr old nephew to watch his first proper live sat in the stand football match and to feel the experience..

So what I may do is to pick n choose which saturday matches i want to attend and maybe bring our 13yr old nephew aswell....

Ah well nevermind

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 09:52 - May 13 with 4485 viewsDaleiLama

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 08:01 - May 13 by electricblue

Where is the media photo of McNulty on the pitch holding a Dale scarf over his head with the headline of a new manager etc...

They cannot even do that and all we get is a 12min youtube video of the droning voice of the manager..

Not very inspiring at all..

The current BoD come across as having the same attitude as the previous BoDs..

I did intend to buy a SC this coming season before heading off to live over 200miles away and become a member of the exiles next year.
I did intend to bring our 13yr old nephew to watch his first proper live sat in the stand football match and to feel the experience..

So what I may do is to pick n choose which saturday matches i want to attend and maybe bring our 13yr old nephew aswell....

Ah well nevermind

This tweet was posted 17h ago Leccy

A link to an article with a photo of BJ with a scarf. So can buy your SCs now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 11:43 - May 13 with 4378 viewselectricblue

Being the Best Dale fan you can be - Spread the word. on 09:52 - May 13 by DaleiLama

This tweet was posted 17h ago Leccy

A link to an article with a photo of BJ with a scarf. So can buy your SCs now.

I dont have the twitter app otherwise if i did i would have known..

We will have to wait and see now what McNulty does......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024