Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Proud 22:17 - Sep 25 with 8523 viewsdale1968

Could not go tonight but what a fantastic effort by each and everyone of them and Luke Matheson Wow What a Lad....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

So Proud on 22:22 - Sep 25 with 4911 viewsphilofOAFC

Fabulous effort Rochdale - sorry you got done on penalties but don't ever let that take away from your team's performance tonight.

All the best from OAFC
So Proud on 22:25 - Sep 25 with 4881 viewsAlexF

So Proud on 22:22 - Sep 25 by philofOAFC

Fabulous effort Rochdale - sorry you got done on penalties but don't ever let that take away from your team's performance tonight.

All the best from OAFC

Yep very proud of the lads again tonight, so hope they can take this forward
So Proud on 22:26 - Sep 25 with 4869 viewsdale1968

So Proud on 22:22 - Sep 25 by philofOAFC

All the best from OAFC

Cheers Phil...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

So Proud on 22:27 - Sep 25 with 4851 viewspioneer

So Proud on 22:25 - Sep 25 by AlexF

Yep very proud of the lads again tonight, so hope they can take this forward

Terrific performance... made us all proud. Take that pride into Saturday’s game and get the points
So Proud on 22:35 - Sep 25 with 4775 viewsParechart

Well done to all the lads..Luke will get most the plaudits, and well deserved.
It was a proper team effort though...Fans played their part as well.
A true night to remember for all...
So Proud on 22:40 - Sep 25 with 4724 viewsblackdogblue

Tonight we were loud & proud 👏👏

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

So Proud on 23:01 - Sep 25 with 4596 viewsShun

Unbelievable stuff! Even without the goal Matheson was outstanding, he has some future ahead of him. Sanchez made some brilliant saves and we defended heroically at times.

There were more United fans applauding us than their own team at the end.
So Proud on 23:50 - Sep 25 with 4412 viewsShun

Feel free to share your pics from the night everyone!
Login to get fewer ads

So Proud on 00:09 - Sep 26 with 4303 views442Dale

As good a defensive display as we’ve seen for years. Resolute throughout with Keohane deserving special praise for his performance at CH.
Actually thought Henderson had his best game of the season too, with Rathbone and Morley impressing too.
Dear god, United were awful though; don’t even think we played that well first half with our decision making around passing near our own goal being extremely average again, yet they couldn’t and didn’t look too bothered about capitalising on it.
Excellent following and a really good atmosphere, Old Trafford is so much better than Wembley for that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

So Proud on 00:12 - Sep 26 with 4280 viewsTappers

Amazing night fans were amazing. Ollie MOTM for me. Man U not the team to fear anymore. Well done boys
So Proud on 00:21 - Sep 26 with 4208 views49thseason

Well, that makes up for 1986! Well done lads almost impossible to choose a MoM tonight but Sanchez was outstanding. If he ever figures out how to save an occasional penalty.,he will be a Premiership player no question.
Brilliant support from the daleys, thank god I dont have to traipse to OT to watch that lot week in week out. What a scandalous waste of money.
So Proud on 00:22 - Sep 26 with 4202 viewsDaley_Lama

So Proud on 00:12 - Sep 26 by Tappers

Amazing night fans were amazing. Ollie MOTM for me. Man U not the team to fear anymore. Well done boys

That moment when Luke scored is etched into my brain for as long as i shall live.

Aside from that, my favourite thing of the night was thousands of Dale fans giving Pogba the circus clown treatment. I don’t think any other team does this, i love it.

Poll: DF in or out

So Proud on 00:24 - Sep 26 with 4191 viewsSandyman

Just back. What a great night for RAFC, its players and supporters. We go to one of the biggest clubs in the world and they can't beat us in open play. We were so resolute against international standard players and not fazed by the big stage. Luke's goal will live long in the memory. Thanks to BBM and all involved for a fantastic effort. As the thread says, so proud.

Didn't rate their number 6 much. I wasn't the only one
So Proud on 00:37 - Sep 26 with 4117 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 0:39]
So Proud on 00:41 - Sep 26 with 4092 viewsD_Alien

Tonight was a tribute to what BBM has achieved in such a short space of time

When we played against Spurs 18 months ago, that was the apotheosis (sorry!) of Hilly's time at Dale, but for BBM to come in and put that group of lads out onto one of the world's great footballing theatres in the space of 6 months is just fantastic

We took all the curtain calls whilst the Utd lot slunk off into the shadows

Agree with the comment about OT being so much better than Wembley, and it's like the players felt that too. They stayed to take all the plaudits and to salute us too - our support was just brilliant - well done everyone! Think BBM had relatives in the boxes on the far side of the goal from where we were, he was signalling to them a good 10 minutes after the penalties and he must be so proud, as per the title of this thread

Did i mention penalties? irrelevant, really. The 96 minutes saw us play our brand of football and it was a match for the best that the cream of internationals/World Cup winners could put up against us

Every single player did his job well. Young Luke of course, but as has been mentioned, Keohane was brought into the back four and you'd think he was as good as anyone playing in the Premier League - a great call by BBM

Seeing Calvin knock in the penalty with aplomb was quite amusing too! I'm pretty much lost for any more words, though there's so much more to say about the evening, about the whole day out really. Said hello to a few people i hadn't seen for years which was nice

We are Dale, and never more proud

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 0:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So Proud on 00:46 - Sep 26 with 4053 viewsrochdaleriddler

So Proud on 00:41 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

When we played against Spurs 18 months ago, that was the apotheosis (sorry!) of Hilly's time at Dale, but for BBM to come in and put that group of lads out onto one of the world's great footballing theatres in the space of 6 months is just fantastic

Agree with the comment about OT being so much better than Wembley, and it's like the players felt that too. They stayed to take all the plaudits and to salute us too - our support was just brilliant - well done everyone! Think BBM had relatives in the boxes on the far side of the goal from where we were, he was signalling to them a good 10 minutes after the penalties and he must be so proud, as per the title of this thread

Did i mention penalties? irrelevant, really. The 96 minutes saw us play our brand of football and it was a match for the best that the cream of internationals/World Cup winners could put up against us

Every single player did his job well. Young Luke of course, but as has been mentioned, Keohane was brought into the back four and you'd think he was as good as anyone playing in the Premier League - a great call by BBM

Seeing Calvin knock in the penalty with aplomb was quite amusing too! I'm pretty much lost for any more words, though there's so much more to say about the evening, about the whole day out really. Said hello to a few people i hadn't seen for years which was nice

Just got in, stayed for beers at the quays, great night, a bit more belief we could have won, thought UTD were piss poor. UTD

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

So Proud on 00:55 - Sep 26 with 4007 viewsShun

So Proud on 00:09 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

As good a defensive display as we’ve seen for years. Resolute throughout with Keohane deserving special praise for his performance at CH.
Actually thought Henderson had his best game of the season too, with Rathbone and Morley impressing too.
Dear god, United were awful though; don’t even think we played that well first half with our decision making around passing near our own goal being extremely average again, yet they couldn’t and didn’t look too bothered about capitalising on it.
Excellent following and a really good atmosphere, Old Trafford is so much better than Wembley for that.

Agree with you and DA that OT is a better venue than Wembley.

Also agree that United were poor. Apart from Greenwood, and James when he came on, they should be embarrassed. Lingard especially - I genuinely didn’t realise he was playing until he was subbed off, how he gets games in the Premier League I’ll never know. The absence of any form of celebration by the United players after winning the shootout was notable, they simply shook hands with our players and then sheepishly went down the tunnel.
So Proud on 00:57 - Sep 26 with 3997 viewsShun

So Proud on 00:41 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

Our 16-year-old starlet scores at Old Trafford and our messageboard gets an ‘apotheosis’! What a night!
So Proud on 01:13 - Sep 26 with 3958 viewsDalenet

So Proud on 00:57 - Sep 26 by Shun

Our 16-year-old starlet scores at Old Trafford and our messageboard gets an ‘apotheosis’! What a night!

Well I am still buzzing from tonight. God knows what Luke will be dreaming about but he should be so proud and will go a long way in the beautiful game.
So Proud on 01:52 - Sep 26 with 3910 viewsJames1980

So darn proud. You will be unsurprised to read I was bullied at school and didn't really support a team. Other kids use to rib each other for supporting Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and so on and say they were glory hunters. So I thought that is one thing I am not being picked on for. So after school it was straight on to ceefax, football pages, division four. The bottom team will be my team, because supporting them from that point onwards, you couldn't be called a glory hunter. But tonight's the night we just had make me so pleased that by random chance Dale was the team I choose
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 2:15]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

So Proud on 06:35 - Sep 26 with 3700 viewsdingdangblue

So Proud on 00:21 - Sep 26 by 49thseason

Well, that makes up for 1986! Well done lads almost impossible to choose a MoM tonight but Sanchez was outstanding. If he ever figures out how to save an occasional penalty.,he will be a Premiership player no question.
Brilliant support from the daleys, thank god I dont have to traipse to OT to watch that lot week in week out. What a scandalous waste of money.

Penalties are a lottery at the end of the day. There were only really Calvin's and Fred's that were struck hard into the very bottom corners (both keepers went the right way but couldn't reach them). All the other penalties were saveable had either keeper gone the right way they could have stopped them - it looked like Sanchez didn't commit himself for the James winner rather than wait to see which way it was going before diving. Really proud night and I wasn't too upset about the outcome - WE DREW WITH MANCHESTER UNITED AT OLD TRAFFORD

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

So Proud on 07:32 - Sep 26 with 3580 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Can`t really put into words how I feel, but I know my Dad would have been ecstatic at the result and the performance. The boys did him and themselves proud.
So Proud on 08:16 - Sep 26 with 3447 viewswimborne_dale

Good to see the Inter stripes kit back.
'bout time too!

Edgar Allan's Crow

So Proud on 08:28 - Sep 26 with 3403 viewsjudd

I loved it when young Luke had to trot back to the corner flag to retrieve his alice band, gently rubbing in his remarkable moment to those in red dreading kicking off against us again.

And what happened for the Callum Camps chance?

If only that had gone in earlier...

Poll: What is it to be then?

So Proud on 08:38 - Sep 26 with 3360 viewsReebok

Commiserations Dale from a Newport County supporter on a superb performance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024