Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Patred 10:17 - Apr 28 with 5100 viewsEarlsCourtSaint

Below taken from the IBO forum, sad news;

Many will know Patred from posting on here and on other forums oner the years. An ex-professional footballer himself, a keeper for the now Championship side Wycombe, a lifelong Saints fan, born and brought up in Southampton, but latterly living near Norwich. He had fought cancer for several years, but never let it stop him coming online to post here. His last posting here was on 23rd February, when he clearly didn't have long left.

It seems he answered the final whistle on the 12th April.

Rest in Peace Pat, we will miss you
RIP Patred on 11:03 - Apr 28 with 3928 viewsSaintNick

I had heard news that he had died a week or so ago, but couldn't confirm it 100% so kept quiet till I could, he was a nice fella who liked to talk about football, he left because a few on here didnt like the way he liked to talk about his connections in the game.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

RIP Patred on 11:09 - Apr 28 with 3922 viewsdirk_doone

RIP Pat. One of the nicest people ever to post on here.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

RIP Patred on 11:13 - Apr 28 with 3911 viewsA1079

Thank you EarlsCourtSaint.

I never knew him personally of course, but joined in a number of footballing debates and threads on here with him and he always came across as someone who was decent and with integrity. I knew he was battling an illness. I did not realise he actually left the forum but assumed that he was finding it difficult to keep in touch on here.

Rest in Peace Patred and thank you for your thoughtful contributions and love of football and all things Southampton FC.
RIP Patred on 11:18 - Apr 28 with 3899 views1885_SFC

Amen to the above. RIP Pat.

Old School is Cool

RIP Patred on 11:41 - Apr 28 with 3857 viewsSalisburySaint

RIP Patred on 11:18 - Apr 28 by 1885_SFC

Amen to the above. RIP Pat.

RIP Pat always enjoyed his posts and messaged him several times and although never met him seemed a really nice bloke
RIP Patred on 11:52 - Apr 28 with 3840 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

He came across as a decent guy who knew his stuff, sad news, condolences to his family (if anyone sees) and RIP Pat!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

RIP Patred on 11:59 - Apr 28 with 3813 viewssaint22

RIP Patred
Never knew him personally but his posts on here were always Saints led so he will be missed
RIP Patred on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 3799 viewsPaleRider

RIP Pat! A gent and a Saint through and through!
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Patred on 12:05 - Apr 28 with 3794 viewskingslandstand1

Really sad news. If anyone does know his family at all I'm sure you will pass on condolences from TUI

He took a fair bit of stick on here from a couple of posters as has been said below due to his connections with the pro game that did get very personal at times which unfortunately eventually drove him away. Fortunately those have now gone elsewhere it seems

He did however come across as a decent family guy and no doubt had a great love for The Saints despite his latter years at least being based in East Anglia

He never hid from his illness on here and was sometimes very open about it actually keeping us updated with his progress

RIP Pat
RIP Patred on 12:54 - Apr 28 with 3732 viewsMytchettSaint

RIP Pat.

He was one of the regular posters on here when I first joined up. Very sad to hear this.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

RIP Patred on 13:17 - Apr 28 with 3701 viewsgrumpy

RIP Pat.
RIP Patred on 13:37 - Apr 28 with 3679 viewsKennington

Sorry to hear, always really enjoyed his contributions here, and thought he’d beaten his health problems.

RIP Pat,

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

RIP Patred on 14:59 - Apr 28 with 3593 viewssolent_toffee

RIP Patred. Sad news, he was on here from as far as I can remember (early 2000’s).

Nice fella and very passionate Saints fan.
RIP Patred on 17:33 - Apr 28 with 3471 viewsRon11

Respect to Patred.
Always enjoyed his posts and comment.
RIP Patred on 18:22 - Apr 28 with 3412 viewsSadoldgit

Very sad news. RIP Pat and deepest condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Patred on 21:51 - Apr 28 with 3323 viewskernow

I knew that he had been suffering ill health for a long time. I can't imagine his suffering.
I always enjoyed his Saints related contributions as well as his non football related views on the world .
Never met him but felt I knew him.
Geddon Saint Pat.
RIP
RIP Patred on 22:07 - Apr 28 with 3300 viewsBison

Pat used to write about his days living near the Dell many years ago which I always enjoyed. I have worked away from home for many a year and I always found a Saint friend somewhere which for a small club was amazing. Pats love of the Saints was infectious and real no matter the distance

Dont matter where you are Saints is in the blood as Pat showed with a passion , C'mon Pat give us some Saintly luck next year.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

RIP Patred on 07:56 - Apr 29 with 3187 viewssaint68

Sad news indeed, a true Saint and a gentleman to the end...RIP Pat.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

RIP Patred on 11:52 - Apr 29 with 3117 views1teeminants

RIP Pat. I used to enjoy reading his posts.A true saint .
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 12:06]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

RIP Patred on 12:47 - Apr 29 with 3079 viewsTimSaint

Such sad news.

Always used to enjoy his posts. Particularly liked his historical Saints stuff, his cars and pilgrimages to St Marys from East Anglia - wondering if each would be his last, due to his battle with cancer.

A very brave and battling man who's innings lasted far longer than most expected - particularly after he announced that he was declining further treatment, shortly after he left this forum.

RIP Pat and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

TimSaint

RIP Patred on 21:16 - Apr 29 with 2949 viewsUmPahars

Bless him

Always liked his posts and any Saints fan is a mate of mine.

RIP fella
RIP Patred on 14:19 - Apr 30 with 2816 viewsChesham_Saint

This is sad. I’ve missed him on here since he was apparently bullied off a couple of years ago. A true Saints fan.

Also, although he always made his allegiance to Labour clear, he was always open minded and knew there were two sides to an argument...something we would all do well to remember.

RIP Pat.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

RIP Patred on 09:04 - May 1 with 2650 viewsMattFinish

RIP Patred, I don't post on here as regularly as I did but Patred is a name that always stood out for the right reasons

Will miss his insights
RIP Patred on 18:18 - May 1 with 2563 viewsBuenosSaint

Yeah, we were really lucky to have someone truly ITK. Was a real shame when he left the site. Rest well patred.

Poll: The Long Future

RIP Patred on 19:23 - May 1 with 2536 viewseastlondonsaint

Rest in Peace PATRED - one of our own

"Sit down Bullseye"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024