Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press Conference tomorrow apparently 14:41 - Feb 2 with 26615 viewsDarran

According to the text I've just had.
Don't shoot the messenger.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:13 - Feb 2 with 2444 viewsShaky

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:08 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

desperate times call for desperate measures, we get what we can afford and are willing to come.

Huw tried everything he could to get Tom Ince, didnt work
I am sure he tried to sign better players then Emnes, and it didnt work so
he said better than nothing Emnes.

Laudrup has said numerous times openly, unambiguously and without any signs whatsoever that he was acting under coercion that his philosophy was to operate with a small squad.

End of.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:16 - Feb 2 with 2425 viewsShaky

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:06 - Feb 2 by IAN05

A real decision needs to be made on how bad the relationship is. If it is damaging to the point of affecting our PL status then a big call is needed.

Absolutely.

If the board is of the opinion that Laudrup is such a detriment to the club then get rid of him asap.

Whatever the compensation may be it is cheap at twice the price if it will ensure premiership survival.

As Musashi puts it: "Enact strategy broadly, correctly and openly."

Misology -- It's a bitch

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:19 - Feb 2 with 2385 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:12 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Out of interest what do you think Laudrup has done wrong and what do you think the board have done wrong?

Not disputing the comment just interested on which bits you see as each others fault

Laudrup has come up short on many aspects this season, his insistence on playing Michu up front instead of Bony when he wasn't even fully fit, it was plain to see it was never working. Only yesterday he played Amat in midfield who everyone knows is completely out of his depth in there. Players don't seem up for the fight and the buck has to stop with the manager.

Huw Jenkins coming out in the press having a dig at Laudrup was a joke, and didn't help at all. He expects us to compete against anyone we play, but the best him and his scouts can come up with are players who have proven they struggle to make the grade at championship level, with these players we won't/can't compete against teams in division. From what I can see, there is way to much involvement in player recruitment from them and this needs to stop, they pay a manager to do this, back him with funds we can afford and let him get on with it.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 17:21]
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:22 - Feb 2 with 2336 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:19 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Laudrup has come up short on many aspects this season, his insistence on playing Michu up front instead of Bony when he wasn't even fully fit, it was plain to see it was never working. Only yesterday he played Amat in midfield who everyone knows is completely out of his depth in there. Players don't seem up for the fight and the buck has to stop with the manager.

Huw Jenkins coming out in the press having a dig at Laudrup was a joke, and didn't help at all. He expects us to compete against anyone we play, but the best him and his scouts can come up with are players who have proven they struggle to make the grade at championship level, with these players we won't/can't compete against teams in division. From what I can see, there is way to much involvement in player recruitment from them and this needs to stop, they pay a manager to do this, back him with funds we can afford and let him get on with it.

Thats the thing though the Board have not backed him in January because they know he is leaving in the summer. The signings are just short term stop gap.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:23 - Feb 2 with 2322 viewsPhil_S

Thank you.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:23 - Feb 2 with 2317 viewsmonmouth

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:12 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Out of interest what do you think Laudrup has done wrong and what do you think the board have done wrong?

Not disputing the comment just interested on which bits you see as each others fault

FWIW I reckon its like any relationship....when it goes sour both parties can point at each other, when the truth is, even for what seems 'perfect marriages', you never can tell if it will work. Most of the time it is just genuinely irreconcilable expectations and personality differences, not right or wrong.

And like all relationships, put it right or write it off to experience and move on. We all know this intuitively from our own lives. Siding with either party is a (literally) childlike refrain.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 2302 viewsSwanfan1

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:13 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Laudrup has said numerous times openly, unambiguously and without any signs whatsoever that he was acting under coercion that his philosophy was to operate with a small squad.

End of.

that philosophy might work in La Liga, but not in Premier League,

lets compare our situation with Newcastle when they were in the same problem, they went in and bought 6-7 new french "stars" from Ligue 1 at the january transfer window.
compared to us getting players not deemed good enough for Championship.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 2301 viewsmagicdaps10

I think that if it was not down to the financial side of it then they would sack Michael Laudrup but they are not in that position so are trying or hoping that he resigns so they have to pay nothing.

Michael Laudrup will not do that because he is not dull.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:28 - Feb 2 with 2247 viewsSwanfan1

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:22 - Feb 2 by TenkosBlondeWig

Thats the thing though the Board have not backed him in January because they know he is leaving in the summer. The signings are just short term stop gap.

If thats true, then thats short-sighted as they are gambling with Premier League status.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:29 - Feb 2 with 2239 viewsDull1Thomas

Doesn't his daughter live in Paris?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:30 - Feb 2 with 2227 viewsShaky

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:25 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

lets compare our situation with Newcastle when they were in the same problem, they went in and bought 6-7 new french "stars" from Ligue 1 at the january transfer window.

There is no objective basis for saying that it doesn't work in the prem; aside from the abysmal showing against West Ham, performances have generally been ok, even allowing for the extraordinary level of injuries.

Equally there is no objective basis whatsoever for the widespread belief that Laudrup is without doubt off in the summer. Zilch.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:31 - Feb 2 with 2215 viewsmonmouth

Well personally I hope we never become a club that just sacks managers as and when, like all other asshole PL clubs. If he wants to leave fine, if not the board should back him publicly and volubly, whatever their private doubts. They gave him the contract. He's that same bloke that won us a trophy and everyone was creaming over for 'improving' us last year.

And we were quick to criticise Tan and Mackay for their stupid posturing..

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:34 - Feb 2 with 2170 viewsQuakerJack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:31 - Feb 2 by monmouth

Well personally I hope we never become a club that just sacks managers as and when, like all other asshole PL clubs. If he wants to leave fine, if not the board should back him publicly and volubly, whatever their private doubts. They gave him the contract. He's that same bloke that won us a trophy and everyone was creaming over for 'improving' us last year.

And we were quick to criticise Tan and Mackay for their stupid posturing..

Was just about to say that re Tan and mackay.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:36 - Feb 2 with 2144 viewsNatterjack

Spot on, although I can't see how this has affected the playing squad, who by and large are the same ones who performed so well for 2 thirds of last season?

Laudrup has spent a fortune in Swans terms over the summer bringing in a host of HIS players. The very least we could expect is that those players 'had a go' on match day? For that, the buck stops firmly at Mr. Laudrup's feet
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:48 - Feb 2 with 2026 viewsSwanfan1

Do you ever account for reasoning behind squad selection ?
he was asked about why he didnt play Bony,
and he said he was not fit enough to play, and they worked extra training hours to get him fit, and adjusting to Premier League.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:55 - Feb 2 with 1937 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:48 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

Do you ever account for reasoning behind squad selection ?
he was asked about why he didnt play Bony,
and he said he was not fit enough to play, and they worked extra training hours to get him fit, and adjusting to Premier League.

Surely you get fitter as your playing, from the beginning of the season the statistics show we scored more goals when he was on the pitch. Michu would of also benefited more playing in his favoured position aswell, that is just an opinion of course.

Laudrup worked miracles last season and I'll be forever grateful for that whatever happens, we may never have a chance to play in Europe again and he has given us it, he has bought in Michu who is probably the best player I have ever seen in a swans shirt, we will make god knows how much profit on him when we sell. This season was always going to be tough after the summer of turbulence, and it looks to be ending badly, as I expected from early on. I know I keep going on about it, but I stick by it that Jenkins and the board should also take responsibility for how things have turned out. Questions need to be asked.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:00 - Feb 2 with 1874 viewsswancity

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:55 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Surely you get fitter as your playing, from the beginning of the season the statistics show we scored more goals when he was on the pitch. Michu would of also benefited more playing in his favoured position aswell, that is just an opinion of course.

Laudrup worked miracles last season and I'll be forever grateful for that whatever happens, we may never have a chance to play in Europe again and he has given us it, he has bought in Michu who is probably the best player I have ever seen in a swans shirt, we will make god knows how much profit on him when we sell. This season was always going to be tough after the summer of turbulence, and it looks to be ending badly, as I expected from early on. I know I keep going on about it, but I stick by it that Jenkins and the board should also take responsibility for how things have turned out. Questions need to be asked.

You are over reacting.

Things are not quite right but certainly we are good enough to finish in mid table and regroup in the summer.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:03 - Feb 2 with 1831 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:00 - Feb 2 by swancity

You are over reacting.

Things are not quite right but certainly we are good enough to finish in mid table and regroup in the summer.

I'll have a very happy summer if your right mate.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:03 - Feb 2 with 1830 viewsGlyn1

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 14:50 - Feb 2 by latchford

From what I hear ML promptly shot off to Paris after game yesterday and told players to report for training Tuesday!!

What's surprising about that? All teams have Mondays off, and train on Tuesdays.

Last season, we lost at West Ham, and this season we lost at West Ham - we always find them a tough team becuase of the way we play. I went to the match yesterday and we were absolutely abysmal, but I hope that we never sack a manager in mid-season when we're 12th in the division.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 18:06]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:09 - Feb 2 with 1772 viewsNatterjack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:00 - Feb 2 by swancity

You are over reacting.

I'd love to agree but we are not playing like a team that's staying up at present, and haven't done so for a lot of recent games.

Anyone who says we are too good to go down must have been building a school in remotest Africa without a TV for the last 3 months!
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:15 - Feb 2 with 1700 viewsGiant_Penguins

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:25 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

Seems to work out well for chealski, but perhaps the difference is in the quality of the u21s, which is the clubs responsibility, although the manager also should take his precautions knowing the situation with the 21s.
http://eplindex.com/38124/mourinho-22-perfect-number-leaves-chelseas-position-tr
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 18:20]
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:21 - Feb 2 with 1631 viewsmorningstar

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:17 - Feb 2 by Borojack

So is this how the conversation went

Huw look Micheal we cant get any of the players you want there to expensive
Micheal ok never mind
Huw yes but we have this player from Boro he is not very good but he is cheap and scored the winner against Cardiff.
Micheal never heard of him.
Huw do you want him or not.
Micheal ok then better than nothing I suppose

Or it could have gone like this:

Hugh: Hey Mickey, I've heard Cardiff are lining up a bid to take Marvin Emnes, and give him a debut against us next week! It's not sitting right with me. I don't like it at all. Do you mind if we step in and try to scupper the deal and bring him here until the end of the season? Maybe you can work with him and see if theres anything we can do with him?

Laudrup: Errr ye ok Hugh not a problem with me. We'll take a look at him.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:23 - Feb 2 with 1590 viewsJackfath

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:21 - Feb 2 by morningstar

Or it could have gone like this:

Hugh: Hey Mickey, I've heard Cardiff are lining up a bid to take Marvin Emnes, and give him a debut against us next week! It's not sitting right with me. I don't like it at all. Do you mind if we step in and try to scupper the deal and bring him here until the end of the season? Maybe you can work with him and see if theres anything we can do with him?

Laudrup: Errr ye ok Hugh not a problem with me. We'll take a look at him.

lol That is BRILLIANT

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:25 - Feb 2 with 1576 viewsjacksfullaces

Laudrup has indeed made a number of tactical mistakes and there are questions about his ability to motivate the team to take on big or it would also appear small teams. He manages the team and can be criticised for this.

The Board manage Laudrup and seem to have resorted to sniping in the press or the programme and not providing him with the players he wants. He is 'their' man, if they don't like it, performance manage him privately or bring in someone else. Instead of not fronting up to him they have resorted to back handed swipes. This is not strong management on their part and goes on in business all the time, but they can and should be criticised for this.

The fact something very similar went on with Sousa would indicate that they haven't learnt much in this regard. Such avoidance and backbiting filters down to the players, especially old women like Monk, who seem to thrive on disunity if it suits their purpose. Again, these are signs of bad management at the top that are infesting our club.

Laudrup is now finished either way, but the board have to learn from this, maybe 1-2 of them could do with some kind of business management refresher!
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:26 - Feb 2 with 1546 viewsmorningstar

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 18:23 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

lol That is BRILLIANT

I know Dr

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=89685.0

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024