Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans 14:08 - Aug 2 with 24556 viewsswanseacityfan

Reading: McCarthy; Gunter (C), Obita, Pearce, Morrison, Akpan, Hector; Taylor, Edwards, Blackman; Pogrebnyak

Subs: Federici, Andersen, Long, Griffin, Cummings, Sweeney, Cooper, Kuhl, Tshibola, Stacey, Tanner

Swans: Fabianski, Tiendalli, Williams, Bartley, Taylor, Sigurdsson, Ki, Shelvey, Routledge, Gomis, Bony.

SWANS SUBS: Tremmel, Rangel, Kingsley, King, Sheehan, Dyer, Montero.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 14:09]

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 4670 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:53 - Aug 2 by monmouth

He was good in his first season, dutch international, then turned to $hat when he got a contract. maybe superior management is bringing out the best in him?

That post seems to suggest that you think Monk's management is superior to Laudrup's.

Careful now, Monny. That's borderline sacrilege to some. Heresy.

Poll: Tory leader

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:58 - Aug 2 with 4602 viewsJackoBoostardo

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 15:48 - Aug 2 by Highjack

Blackman

Racist!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:58 - Aug 2 with 4588 viewsmonmouth

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:56 - Aug 2 by kyswans

Would make sense, considering we haven't been in for a right back at all this summer.

eek. If it's just him and Rangel in 4 weeks time that'll be a bit scary.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:02 - Aug 2 with 4474 viewsmonmouth

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:56 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

That post seems to suggest that you think Monk's management is superior to Laudrup's.

Thought I'd snuck under the barricades. Didn't expect to be downed by friendly fire.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:04 - Aug 2 with 4412 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:43 - Aug 2 by phact0rri

ive only got a commentary and some animation but against this reading squad they seem to be ordered. wouldn't mind to see one or two defensive signings.

I agree, we need a little bit of quality at the back because I am not convinced at Angel, Bartley, Amat or Chico

IMO Williams and Taylor are the only 2 that can perform consistently at this level

We need another holding defensive player with quality of breaking up play and starting off moves
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:05 - Aug 2 with 4391 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:02 - Aug 2 by monmouth

Thought I'd snuck under the barricades. Didn't expect to be downed by friendly fire.

Soz like. I'm off out now. I've had my fun this afternoon.

Toodle.

Poll: Tory leader

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 4318 viewsicecoldjack

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:40 - Aug 2 by truckjack

He is bloody quick and not scared to shoot on sight. Gomis looks a right handfull aswel. Defence is the concern for me, attack is sorted.

I think most agree that defence needs a bit of work . Montero sounds like he is made for our type of football and its nice to see routs respond with two goals.

We will need a bit more cover at the back and a bit of steel in midfield IMO.

Every win is a good win and the new boys especially Gomis are building up confidence nicely it seems.
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 4194 viewsraynor94

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:04 - Aug 2 by TenkosBlondeWig

I agree, we need a little bit of quality at the back because I am not convinced at Angel, Bartley, Amat or Chico

IMO Williams and Taylor are the only 2 that can perform consistently at this level

We need another holding defensive player with quality of breaking up play and starting off moves

Seriously what a daft comment, rangel, amat, and chico have all performed admirably at premier level, yes I think we need another defender, but to write those three off is laughable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:24 - Aug 2 with 4082 viewsUxbridge

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:56 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

Ouch.

Anyway, I'd like to see what Dwight could do after a proper preseason. He hasnt had one with us before.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:24 - Aug 2 with 4082 viewskyswans

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:58 - Aug 2 by monmouth

eek. If it's just him and Rangel in 4 weeks time that'll be a bit scary.

I'm oddly OK with it. Not 100% satisfied, I'd love for us to go get a young RB to challenge for time, but OK with Rangel/ Tiendalli... for now.

Think DM should be our top priority, then add another to our back four.
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:30 - Aug 2 with 4020 viewsjacktar

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:15 - Aug 2 by raynor94

Seriously what a daft comment, rangel, amat, and chico have all performed admirably at premier level, yes I think we need another defender, but to write those three off is laughable

Spot on Rayns. Chico has shown what he can do for some time now despite the occasional rush of blood, Amat seems to improve with each game I see him and Bartley also has shown improvement. To be honest I have no worries with the central defenders we do though probably need to strengthen at RB.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:37 - Aug 2 with 3952 viewsItchySphincter

Gomis is going to be great for us, surprised many aren't more excited by him. He's going to seriously push Wif and can't see him being happy as backup as has been suggested.

If we actually get a RB and a DM this summer it'll be the best transfer window in living memory.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 18:04 - Aug 2 with 3681 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:37 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Gomis is going to be great for us, surprised many aren't more excited by him. He's going to seriously push Wif and can't see him being happy as backup as has been suggested.

If we actually get a RB and a DM this summer it'll be the best transfer window in living memory.

Agree with all of that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 18:11 - Aug 2 with 3625 viewssomersetsimon

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 17:24 - Aug 2 by kyswans

I'm oddly OK with it. Not 100% satisfied, I'd love for us to go get a young RB to challenge for time, but OK with Rangel/ Tiendalli... for now.

Think DM should be our top priority, then add another to our back four.

The Wales Online report said that Tiendalli had a good game.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-1-swansea-city
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 18:15 - Aug 2 with 3601 viewsFergal

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:55 - Aug 2 by GeoffThom

Shut up you don't know what pelters he's been receiving feck the reading fans

Oh well, now that you put it like that.

Perfectly acceptable behaviour that won't cost us at all.
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 18:38 - Aug 2 with 3447 viewsGlyn1

But overall Shelvey had a very good game. Excellent passing, took all the corners and they were better than JDG's were last season, also had a couple of shots, came over to clap the Swans fans. All in all he was excellent.

Montero was a revelation. He was attacking the goal that the Swans fans were behind so we got a close look at him in action. Yes he's fast but he's also tricky on the ball. Today he preferred to run with the ball rather than cross it. Should get a lot of pens this season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 18:40 - Aug 2 with 3432 viewsCTB184

I was at the game today and I thought the Swans had a fantastic game!

I would say some of the best players on the pitch today were Shelvey, Gomis and Ki. Generally, everybody played excellent and Tiendalli actually put in a good game!

Fabianski had a few errors here and there though he couldn't have stopped the Reading goal as it was greatly struck.

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 18:48 - Aug 2 with 3370 viewsDevz00

Just got back from the game. Reading weren't too bad bud hardly threatened. Fabianski, in the first half, made 3 bad passes in a row. Two from the floor and throw - either went to the opposition or into touch. In the second half he collected from a corner, Routledge was in acres of space down the wing and he kicked from hand towards him but went straight into touch. He needs to work on his distribution, based on today. However, he made two decent stops and was very strong on collecting crosses. So the opposite to Vorm in a way so far!

Not sure we'll play this formation much away from home. In the opening 15 minutes we didn't see much of the ball, which is unlike us. It seemed we had no width as we only had one natural wide man - Routs. He was excellent.

Siggy was class, Shelvey played well and Gomis and Bony look like they are starting to form a good partnership. Gomis scored a superb chip over Federici and before that he almost scored a beautiful goal from a cut-back from Dyer I think it was. He hit it first time with a side foot but hit the post. Class to watch though, almost effortless.

Tiendalli was ok but not convinced he's the answer. Montero, when he came on, was impressive. He took the right back on over and over and put him on his arse a few times before chipping to the back post. He looks extremely quick too.

A decent game but not a typical Swans display. Not sure what sort of formation we'll play to fit in Gomis, Bony and Siggy. Maybe only at home? We lose the width in midfield but we did look good going forward. Could have easily been 6-1, with the missed penalty, hitting the post and Dyer skied one from 5 yards.

A few of the locals got a bit pissed off and a few kids tried to give it the big one a the end which was quite funny to watch. It all got too much for one football-shirt wearing, middle-aged Reading fan who tried to break the grasp of the stewards and was ejected!

Oh aye, Ki had a decent game. I'm a fan of him as a player but not sure he's going to do much defending in the "Leon role".
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 18:50]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 20:46 - Aug 2 with 2895 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans (n/t) on 20:56 - Aug 2 with 2862 viewsbonwif

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 16:33 - Aug 2 by phact0rri

wish i could see it *laments*

it got maybe just some radio
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 20:57]
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 21:16 - Aug 2 with 2762 viewsblaine_scfc

Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 20:46 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

Gomis looked like he has some pace about him from that video! Thought he was more of a target man striker to hold it up, similar to Wilf.
Official match day thread - Reading V Swans on 12:21 - Aug 3 with 2208 viewsDevz00

Full highlights.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024