Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm 18:10 - Aug 11 with 23943 viewsHubert

Just seen it on twitter, Mail journo
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:16 - Aug 11 with 1652 viewsskippyjack

We'll get done.. it's the Swansea Way.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:19 - Aug 11 with 1643 viewsShaky

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:12 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

Shaky - you keep saying that, but there is absolutely no evidence that Liverpool were remotely interested in buying him for £5m. Even if they were, it doesn't matter - you don't have to sell to the highest bid.

BTW - anyone paying £5m for Vorm after the season he had needs their heads read.

There were numerous reports, and if the number wasn't £5m it was at least £3.5m.

As for whether you have to sell to the highest bidder, certainly in this instance that might well hinge on the exact wording and how you construe the sell-on clause in Vorm's purchase contract.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 1619 viewsairedale

Perhaps Utrecht are suggesting that Vorm brought value to the loan, and they want a % of that figure?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:32 - Aug 11 with 1613 viewscoolair

I believe Utrecht is right.

The deal with Tottenham was all about Davies. Swansea asked a certain amount and Tottenham said no way, But if you throw Vorm in on a free transfer it's a deal.

The board agreed and told them selfs that now they saved the club a fortune because Vorm went on a free transfer, but he was really paid for by the Davies transfer.

Could be legally OK but morally not a smart move. When other clubs lean that this is the way Swansea do thing, there is no more player on cheap transfers with a sell on clause. The club want to get paid right away
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:34 - Aug 11 with 1603 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:19 - Aug 11 by Shaky

There were numerous reports, and if the number wasn't £5m it was at least £3.5m.

As for whether you have to sell to the highest bidder, certainly in this instance that might well hinge on the exact wording and how you construe the sell-on clause in Vorm's purchase contract.

there wasn't one report saying that Liverpool had bid £5m. If they had, he'd have gone to Liverpool. There may have been speculation, but Utrecht are presumably relying on more evidence than the Daily Mirror transfer gossip section...
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:36 - Aug 11 with 1593 viewsSwan91

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:32 - Aug 11 by coolair

The deal with Tottenham was all about Davies. Swansea asked a certain amount and Tottenham said no way, But if you throw Vorm in on a free transfer it's a deal.

The board agreed and told them selfs that now they saved the club a fortune because Vorm went on a free transfer, but he was really paid for by the Davies transfer.

Could be legally OK but morally not a smart move. When other clubs lean that this is the way Swansea do thing, there is no more player on cheap transfers with a sell on clause. The club want to get paid right away

Well if that's the case swansea are right.

If totenham would only do the deal for gylfi if vorm went to them on a free transfer swansea aren't just going to decline totenham saying that because of a sell on clause they can't do the deal and can only sell him for money. He was our player so if we felt that we could do the deal then we should be able to.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:38 - Aug 11 with 1590 viewscoolair

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:49 - Aug 11 by Highjack

Exactly. We've done very well out of this deal. Goalscoring, creative midfielders who can also take good set pieces don't come cheap in this world, whereas left backs and goalkeepers do.

Quality left backs are very much in demand and Davies are such one. There is not very many good left back around and that makes the price go up. Just look how many clubs that struggle on that position.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:48 - Aug 11 with 1563 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:32 - Aug 11 by coolair

Good luck trying to prove Swansea were in the wrong with that one. Just a load of ol' guesswork there.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 20:50]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:49 - Aug 11 with 1557 viewscrackerjack

Same old backsides only too willing to take a pop at the club... tossers!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:52 - Aug 11 with 1541 viewsblaine_scfc

We've completely tucked up Utrecht. All deals were allegedly done separate, but if anyone thinks the fee for Vorm wasn't included in the Siggy deal then they are deluded. We could potentially get away with this, but if I was a chairman of another club, I wouldn't be keen on doing any business with Huw.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:54 - Aug 11 with 1530 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:52 - Aug 11 by blaine_scfc

We've completely tucked up Utrecht. All deals were allegedly done separate, but if anyone thinks the fee for Vorm wasn't included in the Siggy deal then they are deluded. We could potentially get away with this, but if I was a chairman of another club, I wouldn't be keen on doing any business with Huw.

That's the thing though - whatever you think doesn't matter. Not a bit.

It's what you can prove if you are that way inclined to believe our club is at fault!!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:56 - Aug 11 with 1521 viewsblaine_scfc

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:54 - Aug 11 by JackoBoostardo

That's the thing though - whatever you think doesn't matter. Not a bit.

It's what you can prove if you are that way inclined to believe our club is at fault!!

Exactly, Utrecht won't be able to prove anything. I honestly believe we will have more issues when trying to negotiate with other clubs regarding transfers. They won't believe a word we are saying and I don't really blame them.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:03 - Aug 11 with 1507 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:56 - Aug 11 by blaine_scfc

Exactly, Utrecht won't be able to prove anything. I honestly believe we will have more issues when trying to negotiate with other clubs regarding transfers. They won't believe a word we are saying and I don't really blame them.

And even if there was a backhanded deal done to spite Utrecht, this is unique to our club how exactly?

Every club will (realistically) try to sweeten deals and if it involves screwing over a small club - they will!

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:08 - Aug 11 with 1479 viewsApeShit

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:30 - Aug 11 by airedale

Perhaps Utrecht are suggesting that Vorm brought value to the loan, and they want a % of that figure?

This.

I think this is what Utrecht are moaning about.

And people go on about we have done nothing wrong, not legally no.

But we look like a bunch of c*nts morally. Which doesn't bother me in the slightest until other clubs think twice about dealing with us. Or accepting a sell on clause so that we can get a player a little bit cheaper.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 21:09]
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:09 - Aug 11 with 1477 viewsblaine_scfc

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:03 - Aug 11 by JackoBoostardo

And even if there was a backhanded deal done to spite Utrecht, this is unique to our club how exactly?

Every club will (realistically) try to sweeten deals and if it involves screwing over a small club - they will!

Then them small clubs are well within their rights to tell us to f*ck off as soon as they answer the phone.

Remember where we have come from, I personally don't take any pride in trying to "screw" over smaller clubs.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:10 - Aug 11 with 1470 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:09 - Aug 11 by blaine_scfc

Then them small clubs are well within their rights to tell us to f*ck off as soon as they answer the phone.

Remember where we have come from, I personally don't take any pride in trying to "screw" over smaller clubs.

Might be right in black and white and a court of law

BUT

Morally, what we have done is wrong.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:11 - Aug 11 with 1468 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:52 - Aug 11 by blaine_scfc

I think it's fair to say we haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory over this. As a small club we were fecked over. I thought we wanted to "do the right things". They won't go out of business over this but will clubs now not let us do the "sell on fee percentage" and just charge us more up front?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:13 - Aug 11 with 1466 viewsblaine_scfc

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:11 - Aug 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I think it's fair to say we haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory over this. As a small club we were fecked over. I thought we wanted to "do the right things". They won't go out of business over this but will clubs now not let us do the "sell on fee percentage" and just charge us more up front?

Once bitten, twice shy
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:15 - Aug 11 with 1449 viewsDarran

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:11 - Aug 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Have we done something wrong then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:24 - Aug 11 with 1430 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:10 - Aug 11 by magicdaps10

Might be right in black and white and a court of law

BUT

Morally, what we have done is wrong.

BUT that's assuming we HAVE done something wrong?

Anyone sense this deal, if it was backhanded, was uncharacteristic of Huw and the board?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:35 - Aug 11 with 1399 viewsjackb

This won't stop clubs doing business with us. Clubs will do a deal if it suits them, end of.
Plus we are an established PL club, one of the big boys now, we have money, there will be clubs eager to do business with us.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:37 - Aug 11 with 1391 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:35 - Aug 11 by jackb

This won't stop clubs doing business with us. Clubs will do a deal if it suits them, end of.
Plus we are an established PL club, one of the big boys now, we have money, there will be clubs eager to do business with us.

Exactly. We offer £5 mill for one of their players - will they refuse the offer if it's fair and reasonable?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:37 - Aug 11 with 1386 viewsmonmouth

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:38 - Aug 11 by coolair

Quality left backs are very much in demand and Davies are such one. There is not very many good left back around and that makes the price go up. Just look how many clubs that struggle on that position.

We had two young international left backs. One was going to leave for far less than sig would have cost if the other hadn't. We took the pragmatic view.

Also ....we had a redundant goalkeeper on big wages that no one else was immediately interested in who wanted to go to spurs. hell yeah you can have him for nothing if you meet our BD valuation and subsidise the Sig wages (that could be a million a year by the way, couldn't it?). Therefore Ben Davies full value, Vorm zilch. But there's no doubt in my mind that the clause played a part in that negotiated structure.

Can't say it sits right mind with me mind, but there we are it's a tough old world and personal values and business practices are two very different things. I doubt very much it will change any future deals, although it may make people think harder about how they structure these clauses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:45 - Aug 11 with 1363 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:15 - Aug 11 by Darran

Have we done something wrong then?

Some people seem to be assuming Vorm was worth a fair chunk of money. I can only assume they didn't watch him play much last season.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 21:51 - Aug 11 with 1341 viewsreddythered

Given Vorm will get splinters sitting on the fence as there's no chance in hell he'll start instead of Lloris, surely his value in the deal would thus be negligable? Experienced backup and all that.

Given where you've come from I'd find it odd if a deal was organised to stiff Utrecht out of a small figure.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024