Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. 19:19 - Jan 24 with 14181 viewsFerrieBodde

I really don't know why people are only now beginning to realize we're on the slide and that Monk has been doing a horrible job after this Blackburn loss. I've been saying this forever before but was constantly criticized and berated for being "negative." Anyone who follows us week in and week out should be able to realize this--in the league, we've scored only 7 goals in our last 8 games while conceding 16 in that period. The last time we actually scored more than 1 goal was when we scored 2 against QPR back in the 2nd of December. Its been utterly pathetic.

I don't even know where to begin. Our passing game has gone completely, there's absolutely no sense of urgency, we no longer press and seem to give opposing players a 10 yard radius of space when they're on the ball, woefully out of form players are being selected constantly with the dumb hope that they'll be able to play themselves out of a slump, and tactically, its been a joke. We've just been looking clueless, and we just can't score any goals. Its been week in and week out of this nonsense with no improvement in sight, and yet our manager doesn't want to make any changes.

We all know Garry is a legend and a stalwart of this club. That's never going to change. But going forward, he's not the right person for the future. Something has to be done. This is not at all sustainable, and we can't go any longer like this.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 19:21]
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 11:28 - Jan 26 with 2154 viewsDizzy

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 10:53 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

I wouldn't necessarily see a "long term solution" as the right move for us. We have thrived on change. Benefitted from it. Unless we have the very rarest of managerial talents on board then eventually we will become stale and predictable.

It can be entirely healthy to have a new perspective every couple of years at the helm. As we appear to want to keep the same coaching staff from one manager to the next then you could argue that a fresh approach every couple of years is essential. Even Fergie went through a new assistant coach every couple of years to give him someone new to bounce off.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 11:17]

Quite. Look what our Lord and saviour did to Wigan in the long term, and is now in the process of doing with Everton.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 11:45 - Jan 26 with 2133 viewsmonmouth

"With cardiff in all sorts off (sic) mess this is a great opportunity to be the biggest club in wales and take support from there (sic) fan base."

I think this is a very pertinent point. If not now then when? As Hammam so nearly put it all those years ago, people of Wales have to be realistic. If they want to see premiership football they need to get behind Swansea City. Time to drive the nails in and take the young fans and players of all of Wales.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 11:46]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 12:53 - Jan 26 with 2083 viewsLeonisGod

Difficult period for Garry coming up. This is the first time he's faced a dip in performance, form, combination of absences/injuries. Throw in the speculation surrounding Gomis and the loss of Bony and he's got a few leadership challenges facing him. I suspect he won't be phased, but can he get the team back to winning ways quickly? S'ton went through a rotten spell just before Christmas (lost 5/6 in a row) but have pulled it round and are flying again. Now it's our turn.

The danger is that now we are under pressure he tries to make us even more difficult to beat by over-emphasising our defensive shape. It's becoming a bit Sousa-esque at the moment and we could easily go further into our shells. Somehow he needs to find a way of playing with a bit more adventure and expression whilst still keeping shape when we don't have the ball - we need a bit more bravery on the pitch to take the games to the opponent. We'll need a fair bit of bravery in the stands too - that spirit that some of us showed second half against Chelsea will be needed.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 13:09 - Jan 26 with 2061 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 12:53 - Jan 26 by LeonisGod

Difficult period for Garry coming up. This is the first time he's faced a dip in performance, form, combination of absences/injuries. Throw in the speculation surrounding Gomis and the loss of Bony and he's got a few leadership challenges facing him. I suspect he won't be phased, but can he get the team back to winning ways quickly? S'ton went through a rotten spell just before Christmas (lost 5/6 in a row) but have pulled it round and are flying again. Now it's our turn.

The danger is that now we are under pressure he tries to make us even more difficult to beat by over-emphasising our defensive shape. It's becoming a bit Sousa-esque at the moment and we could easily go further into our shells. Somehow he needs to find a way of playing with a bit more adventure and expression whilst still keeping shape when we don't have the ball - we need a bit more bravery on the pitch to take the games to the opponent. We'll need a fair bit of bravery in the stands too - that spirit that some of us showed second half against Chelsea will be needed.

We're not the least bit Sousa-esque at the moment...
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 13:51 - Jan 26 with 2027 viewsApeShit

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 13:09 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

You could say we are half Sousa-esque, that will be the rarely threatening the oppositions goal half.

Of course, the other half was that we rarely conceded under Sousa, we have conceded 16 goals in the last 6 games.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 14:06 - Jan 26 with 2011 viewsItchySphincter

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 13:09 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

We're Laudrup-esque.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 1933 viewslibertine

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 11:28 - Jan 26 by swansealad69

If we want to be a top club a lot has to change at board lebel down to the fans.
As much as our board have done a good job they still think like a small clubb
The ki fiasco were Jenkins openly made a statement saying we could still call him back only to find out we couldn't
And the lack of ergency on the extension? We have had sellouts since day and there are thousands off fans who cant get anywhere near a ticket
Then there are the fans who are small minded and happy just to linger midtable in the prem.
You only have to listen at were the kids come from durin the half time penalty's to know we have a growing fanbase.
Im sick at the negative attitudes towards investment at the club.
The board has taken us as far as they can and lack the ambition to actually push on and lack the funds.
Im not saying we should sell the club but want to see the club grow and push on.
Do we want to be a fulham or wigan?because if any business stands still they will start to go backward and sooner or later if we dont push one we will go back.
None off us want to go down the road we have in the past and I dont want huge transfer's to move forward
But I do want the club to look at investment and extension in order to grow the club.
With cardiff in all sorts off mess this is a great opportunity to be the biggest club in wales and take support from there fan base.
If we had the extension we would fill it and on lesser games give the chance for kids from schools to come.
We could run busses from west wales towns for people to buy a ticket and bus fare to come .
We have a great opportunity to go places as we are unique as we are the only non English side in the prem and apart from cardiff we could have the whole off wales supporting us
But the fiasco at cardiff will sort it self out in the end and they will have success so its up to us to make the most off this and build our fan base and club.
Why cant we be yop 3 in yhe prem in the futur? Just look at how far we have come

absolutely agree

why not ffs

there are loads of super rich waiting to invest in this country it was on that documentary the super rich and us.

How do Barca and Real run their business
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:10 - Jan 26 with 1916 viewslibertine

I don't know why the board chose GM as manager they must have had reasons, so far were having a lucky season quite obviously helped along by Bony, he has helped us out of a few scrapes, it is arrogant and stupid to believe that we can do the same without him we really need to use this window of opportunity to at least try and fill his place, Gomis just doesn't want to play here, why don't we let him go and replace him quickily.

As much as GM is getting stick for his style he can only use what hes got and that's down to the board, he quite obviously wants to buy players hes publically said so. I hope hes not a fall guy, they do that sort of thing in business ie bring in a new boss make loads of cost cutting changes, then blame him, then sack him.

How many other PL teams of todays world have given their "total" control to a relative novice?

Tim Sherwood is not the same hes got far more experience.

I like the guy and would like him to be backed up with some decent players to allow him a fair chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:14 - Jan 26 with 1913 viewsStarsky

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:10 - Jan 26 by libertine

I don't know why the board chose GM as manager they must have had reasons, so far were having a lucky season quite obviously helped along by Bony, he has helped us out of a few scrapes, it is arrogant and stupid to believe that we can do the same without him we really need to use this window of opportunity to at least try and fill his place, Gomis just doesn't want to play here, why don't we let him go and replace him quickily.

As much as GM is getting stick for his style he can only use what hes got and that's down to the board, he quite obviously wants to buy players hes publically said so. I hope hes not a fall guy, they do that sort of thing in business ie bring in a new boss make loads of cost cutting changes, then blame him, then sack him.

How many other PL teams of todays world have given their "total" control to a relative novice?

Tim Sherwood is not the same hes got far more experience.

I like the guy and would like him to be backed up with some decent players to allow him a fair chance.

I don't think it's been a lucky season at all

It's just the internet, init.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:26 - Jan 26 with 1902 viewsmonmouth

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:14 - Jan 26 by Starsky

I don't think it's been a lucky season at all

In fact, the precise opposite could be argued. All this pro/anti; black/white sh1te gets on my tits to be honest. The rewriting of reality to suit an argument is often laughable.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:32 - Jan 26 with 1890 viewscurleigh

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 13:21 - Jan 25 by Stanners

The results at Chelsea and Man City make our result at Blackburn even more frustrating

With those 2 being dumped out of the FA Cup I feel it's an opportunity missed

Not the way we are playing...
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:34 - Jan 26 with 1888 viewsDizzy

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:26 - Jan 26 by monmouth

In fact, the precise opposite could be argued. All this pro/anti; black/white sh1te gets on my tits to be honest. The rewriting of reality to suit an argument is often laughable.

How does one have a lucky season? That would require us being lucky 38 games in row. Monk has averaged aprox 1.25 points per game over almost a full season. How the fk can that be luck?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 18:36]
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:45 - Jan 26 with 1868 viewsmonmouth

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:34 - Jan 26 by Dizzy

How does one have a lucky season? That would require us being lucky 38 games in row. Monk has averaged aprox 1.25 points per game over almost a full season. How the fk can that be luck?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 18:36]

Yes, that was my point

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:09 - Jan 26 with 1846 viewsDizzy

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 18:45 - Jan 26 by monmouth

Yes, that was my point

I shouldnt have quoted you. I was agreeing with you.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:10 - Jan 26 with 1845 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We can't make much improvement all the time we are giving the ball away, not getting it back by chasing and by marking empty spaces.
The Prem teams losses in the FA cup showed that even the best scoring teams lose if the effort is not there for the full 90 minutes and that even the best players can fail to produce when they are hounded off the ball when they have it.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:43 - Jan 26 with 1802 viewslibertine

We are having a lucky season so far because we haven't been that good and are in a great spot,
Its a fact that Bony has been a big factor in our position.

Wouldn't you agree that now as we are in relative safety, would be a good time to get a fresh striker/s at bargain price and get them to play the Swansea way?
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:12 - Jan 26 with 1775 viewsshandyjack

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:43 - Jan 26 by libertine

We are having a lucky season so far because we haven't been that good and are in a great spot,

Wouldn't you agree that now as we are in relative safety, would be a good time to get a fresh striker/s at bargain price and get them to play the Swansea way?

I would argue that we have been quite good bar the odd game, if anything we have bad luck this season with the decisions going against us more often than not.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 00:03 - Jan 27 with 1711 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:12 - Jan 26 by shandyjack

I would argue that we have been quite good bar the odd game, if anything we have bad luck this season with the decisions going against us more often than not.

It honestly amazes me to hear how good we've been when all olive seen at most games down the stadium this season tells me the opposite

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 00:48 - Jan 27 with 1700 viewsymaohyd

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:43 - Jan 26 by libertine

Fair do's!

You think we've had a lucky season because one of our players, namely a striker has scored goals!

All in all I'd say we're a few points shy of where we should be.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 10:15 - Jan 27 with 1632 viewsperchrockjack

So we ve been lucky with Bony scoring goals but unlucky with red cards.

Ah well.

Seemed to have collected points too when clearly playing crap to some eyes.

Hope there is more luck to come this season.

I mentioned vultures circling a few weeks ago but seemed they flew south but they may pop back

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024