Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 17:18 - Jan 23 with 30294 viewsSwansTrust

The Swans Trust have issued the second part of our 'Where do we go from here?' statement:

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/01/23/where-do-we-go-from-here-part-2/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:24 - Jan 23 with 11901 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well that's cheered me up.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 17:25]

Poll: Tory leader

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:28 - Jan 23 with 11877 viewsPacemaker

Confirms what many have suspected in relation to managers and players, I only wish some of this was cascaded to the fans sooner. I doubt it will satisfy some despite the thorough explanation behind some of our supposed lack of ambition.

Give me a future any day over gambling it on short termism players who want to walk away with a Bosman.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:33 - Jan 23 with 11846 viewsraynor94

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:28 - Jan 23 by Pacemaker

Confirms what many have suspected in relation to managers and players, I only wish some of this was cascaded to the fans sooner. I doubt it will satisfy some despite the thorough explanation behind some of our supposed lack of ambition.

Give me a future any day over gambling it on short termism players who want to walk away with a Bosman.

This!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:34 - Jan 23 with 11835 viewsAngelRangelQS

Brilliant statement fair play.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 11803 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:34 - Jan 23 by AngelRangelQS

And the sort of thing the Trust should be doing much more of. It still reads like the sort of info the club itself should be releasing but seeing as the club can't or won't, kudos to the Trust for saying what they can.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:45 - Jan 23 with 11759 viewsEdmundo

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:34 - Jan 23 by AngelRangelQS

I'll second that 👍

Some of our numpty fans still think they know how after having achieved Champions League status on Football Manager games....😉

They belittle everything good about Swansea City.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:20 - Jan 23 with 11654 viewsWatchman

So I will play devils advocate seeing as I have been less than impressed by most of the goings on this season.
'For arguments sake' say we do not get a striker or other players in but the club retains the profit from player sales and therefore makes a trading profit. I wonder if the board (inc Trust) would agree on further dividend payments as a reward!
Sadly Phil much of the frustration stems from the fact that the rank and file (one for epaul that) saw some Directors try to cash in to the detriment of the club.
It is good that the statement is made but I am afraid that the board are the ones that have distanced themselves this season and now certainly look as if they fiddled while the club burned
If however the club cannot find players and tbh if the 26th richest club in the world can't! then sorry there has been mismanagement

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:33 - Jan 23 with 11601 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Have to wonder how that £40 million net deficit compares to all the other clubs who've maintained PL status over the last 3 1/2 years.

I have always assumed that we were the most efficient club in the PL in that sense.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:36 - Jan 23 with 11581 viewsawayjack

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 17:28 - Jan 23 by Pacemaker

Agree good statement. I seem to be in a minority but with eye watering amounts spend on player wages and recruitment, with recruitment clearly going badly wrong, isn't it time for Huw to get some support from experts in premier league recruitment and really strong commercial management. This expertise can be brought in at a fraction of player recruitment / wages, allow us to be really diligent on player recruitment, grow commercial income and allow Huw to focus on the already tough job of Chairman.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 18:37]
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:38 - Jan 23 with 11565 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:20 - Jan 23 by Watchman

So I will play devils advocate seeing as I have been less than impressed by most of the goings on this season.
'For arguments sake' say we do not get a striker or other players in but the club retains the profit from player sales and therefore makes a trading profit. I wonder if the board (inc Trust) would agree on further dividend payments as a reward!
Sadly Phil much of the frustration stems from the fact that the rank and file (one for epaul that) saw some Directors try to cash in to the detriment of the club.
It is good that the statement is made but I am afraid that the board are the ones that have distanced themselves this season and now certainly look as if they fiddled while the club burned
If however the club cannot find players and tbh if the 26th richest club in the world can't! then sorry there has been mismanagement

I can't disagree with any of that.

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:41 - Jan 23 with 11547 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:38 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

I can't disagree with any of that.

The richest club in the world thing is a red herring - how many of the top 40 are Premier League clubs. We are "rich" because of turnover and nothing else

Will there be a dividend this season? I hope not and we have been assured there wont be so there sails another ship
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:42 - Jan 23 with 11542 viewsLoyal

I'm glad Huw and co have managed to persuade the trust to make that statement.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 11537 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:41 - Jan 23 by Phil_S

The richest club in the world thing is a red herring - how many of the top 40 are Premier League clubs. We are "rich" because of turnover and nothing else

Will there be a dividend this season? I hope not and we have been assured there wont be so there sails another ship

So you're not going to Florida this year then?

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:44 - Jan 23 with 11526 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:43 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

So you're not going to Florida this year then?

by an amazing coincidence though yes I am on the day after the cup final

Keeping that day free just in case worked well dont you think
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:46 - Jan 23 with 11514 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:33 - Jan 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Have to wonder how that £40 million net deficit compares to all the other clubs who've maintained PL status over the last 3 1/2 years.

I have always assumed that we were the most efficient club in the PL in that sense.

Personally I would like to see the breakdown of that £40M deficit, because the fans have all been congratulating themselves & the club on their shrewd transfer dealings, buying players cheap and selling for more.
That is also the view that prevails in the meida, so was it all a smoke screen?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 18:48]
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:53 - Jan 23 with 11488 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:20 - Jan 23 by Watchman

That statement sounds as if it comes from someone laying a mattress under an apple tree, in order to cushion the expected fall of the apple picker.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 19:00 - Jan 23 with 11447 views3swan

A good statement, and as others have said more of the same please.

Fairly obvious that as a club we can't get recruitment wrong as even though we are talking multi millions in it's also multi millions out.

We are not little old Swansea City but we are a small club compared to the clubs we battle with week in and week out.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 19:38 - Jan 23 with 11303 viewsawayjack

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 18:41 - Jan 23 by Phil_S

Good to hear there'll be no dividend this year. I'm all for rewarding performance but last year the loss pre Bony sale and increasing debt position, the dividend seemed inconsistent with more prudent stance of Board in other areas.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 20:44 - Jan 23 with 11145 viewsSwanzay

Is it me or are the board using the Trust as communication tool, to communicate the bad stuff in order to shift thier lack of communication as to the reality of the situation.

What say does the board have in the published print statement(realisitically), as in yes you can say that and no thats confidencial, Phil?
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 20:54 - Jan 23 with 11120 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 20:44 - Jan 23 by Swanzay

Is it me or are the board using the Trust as communication tool, to communicate the bad stuff in order to shift thier lack of communication as to the reality of the situation.

What say does the board have in the published print statement(realisitically), as in yes you can say that and no thats confidencial, Phil?

None.

The board (or at least the Chairman) was aware that we were going to release something but on the basis that he (they) understand that we have to communicate things with our members.

But they have no input into content
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 11079 viewsSwanzay

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 20:54 - Jan 23 by Phil_S

None.

The board (or at least the Chairman) was aware that we were going to release something but on the basis that he (they) understand that we have to communicate things with our members.

But they have no input into content

OK, so then why are the board so quiet (obviously without going in to detail) about whats going with regards to recruiting players, the silence seems to deafening apart from the AC soundbites.
Are we actually in the market, are the funds available, are we close to possible signing?

Still seems that the trust get to do some of thier dirty work, some news directly form the club would really lift spirits!
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:12 - Jan 23 with 11058 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 20:44 - Jan 23 by Swanzay

Oh do come on. They say nothing and people moan, they release an eminently sensible statement that doesn't try and cause civil war and people moan.

Surely all can see plainly the horns of the dilemma that we are caught on.

I think the last few years has eradicated a lot of goodwill towards the Board (and they will and should imo be judged more harshly from now on...but let them at least be judged harshly on what they do from here on). But this is surely a real and transparent cry for unity in understanding what we face, as adults (yes, I understand your logical position, even if I would prefer something different), rather than as little children (the Board is crap, Hj is a dick, I want a Charlie Naismith wah wah wah).

The dividend thing is good news. They also need to visibly sort out any jobs for the boys that remain. But for now, whatever happens, we need to be together, Board, Trust, Manager, Players, Fans, uncle Tom Cobley....or we can kiss goodbye to the premier league.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:12 - Jan 23 with 11054 views3swan

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:07 - Jan 23 by Swanzay

OK, so then why are the board so quiet (obviously without going in to detail) about whats going with regards to recruiting players, the silence seems to deafening apart from the AC soundbites.
Are we actually in the market, are the funds available, are we close to possible signing?

Still seems that the trust get to do some of thier dirty work, some news directly form the club would really lift spirits!

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Huw-Jenkins-speaks-Swansea-City-eye-Seyd

The club wouldn't, and shouldn't, talk detail and over the last few years we haven't known until the ink is dry.
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:16 - Jan 23 with 11038 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:07 - Jan 23 by Swanzay

In fairness the club have always kept cards close to their chest when it comes to transfers so this time is no real difference but there are times when saying something may help
Swans Trust Statement - Part 2 on 21:17 - Jan 23 with 11028 viewsDarran

Swanzay having a (another) mare.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024