Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORCED RELOCATION 16:19 - Jun 8 with 32822 viewspatchboy

Emails have been sent out in this afternoon TELLING all season ticket holders in the family (South) stand without an under 16 in their group MUST be RELOCATED elsewhere by the 11th June. After this date they will get in touch with you to move you. They are not allowing anybody to be relocated to the WEST at all. In our circumstances, we are family made up of sister,nephew etc and so wanted 6 seats together. This option was not available and we have to settle for a 3 in one row, 2 in another row and a single on their own.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:22]
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:53 - Jun 10 with 2824 viewsbonymine

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:48 - Jun 10 by Newhousemustscore

Just checked the official website. We're now in to day 3 of this farce and still no Club statement to clarify the contradictory info/hearsay reported........or are the powers that be too busy counting their frigging money to actually comment.

The silence is deafening ....

Here's my take on it ;

'Hey Leigh, we need to move these seat blockers from the South to the East next season how will we do that ?

Well let's just wait till the takeover is done and dusted then send out an email telling those affected they have to move .... the Yanks will take the rap for it then and we're out of the firing line....Result'

Good idea, next item on the Agenda ?'

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:55 - Jun 10 with 2823 viewsicantbelieveit

I understand what the club are trying to do to encourage new blood. If people want to relocate from south to somewhere else that is fine. The issue is that the new blood who have been on a list for a season or two can still have a seat in the ground if they want it, as some of me friends with kids have done over the last few years not force an exsisting season holder from their seat. In some cases seats have been filled in the south stand with new blood and the only time the get filled is if a big club are our opposition. I don't care who we play and so do most of the 1600 people in the south stand who have been season ticket holders for years. Also I would rather sit in my own seat in the Carling cup games but end up being forced around to the east/west stand as they close the south. I have have new blood waiting to watch with me and when there is space they come, but I am not prepared to let me seats go in prime spot, to watch with my kids from the corner of the ground for example. It would be like have your favorite band in your living room and then being told you can go upstairs and just listen because you neighbour wants to sit on your sofa.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 20:00]
FORCED RELOCATION on 20:08 - Jun 10 with 2787 viewsFlashberryjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:31 - Jun 10 by NeathJack

Instead of Dineen asking you to pass it on to everyone and post it out somewhere, as commercial director why doesn't he get it posted on the official ****ing site as he ****ing well should do.

He didn't ask me mun............I copied it off the SCFC2 site and pasted it on here.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:11 - Jun 10 with 2778 viewsNeathJack

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:08 - Jun 10 by Flashberryjack

He didn't ask me mun............I copied it off the SCFC2 site and pasted it on here.

You've done a better job than whoever he did ask then
FORCED RELOCATION on 20:26 - Jun 10 with 2744 viewsFlashberryjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:11 - Jun 10 by NeathJack

You've done a better job than whoever he did ask then

I try my best, as does Leigh Dineen, but I fear neither of us has the level of communication skills of a proper professional.

Hello

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:25 - Jun 11 with 2539 viewsBigPhilG

FAO Mr Sumbler

I think you should be aware of the following. I went to the ticket office this morning regarding the moving of season tickets. I had a friendly chat down there and a lad called Mark was friendly and helpful. He told me that the club were not forcing anyone to move seats this season but he believed that they will from next season when people start renewing in December. He went on to add that there's no guarantee you and your party will be together as the vast majority of seats available in the East stand are single seats. So I was faced with the prospect of moving now and being together with my friends or being forcibly moved next season and being seperated

I was happy to move as it didn't bother us but there's some very unhappy people about, I think the ticket office staff have had some right ear bashings this week. I thought I'd share this as it seems grossly unfair on people not wanting to move and that the trust should be fully aware of it.
FORCED RELOCATION on 12:57 - Jun 11 with 2512 viewsmonmouth

You simply can't move people on a forced basis until the stadium is expanded. it is an utter nonsense. Not just another football club by the fans for the fans. It is a load of shit and needs to be stopped as soon as possible. Extend, and the moved fans get first pick of the seats. Until then STFU.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:58 - Jun 11 with 2475 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:25 - Jun 11 by BigPhilG

FAO Mr Sumbler

I think you should be aware of the following. I went to the ticket office this morning regarding the moving of season tickets. I had a friendly chat down there and a lad called Mark was friendly and helpful. He told me that the club were not forcing anyone to move seats this season but he believed that they will from next season when people start renewing in December. He went on to add that there's no guarantee you and your party will be together as the vast majority of seats available in the East stand are single seats. So I was faced with the prospect of moving now and being together with my friends or being forcibly moved next season and being seperated

I was happy to move as it didn't bother us but there's some very unhappy people about, I think the ticket office staff have had some right ear bashings this week. I thought I'd share this as it seems grossly unfair on people not wanting to move and that the trust should be fully aware of it.

Thanks Phil and leave that piece of information with me - completely against forced relocation especially when groups are being split up as well probably groups that have watched together for many years

Stadium expansion would change that but this has been farcically handled
Login to get fewer ads

FORCED RELOCATION on 14:54 - Jun 11 with 2416 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:31 - Jun 10 by NeathJack

Instead of Dineen asking you to pass it on to everyone and post it out somewhere, as commercial director why doesn't he get it posted on the official ****ing site as he ****ing well should do.

That's too operational mun.

I think they have a member of staff who 'studied marketing' at college, that would be their job.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:02 - Jun 11 with 2397 viewsJoe_bradshaw

FORCED RELOCATION on 14:54 - Jun 11 by waynekerr55

That's too operational mun.

I think they have a member of staff who 'studied marketing' at college, that would be their job.

Over qualified.

It's a bloke who did two shifts on the pet food stall in Swansea market.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:06 - Jun 11 with 2391 viewsStarsky

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:15 - Jun 9 by Starsky

The trust have a supporters director that's I assume attends all of the board meetings.
Is this latest relocation from family seats initiative something that would me on a board meetings agenda?
If not, why not?
If the ticket office have total artistic licence on the ticket arrangements then lied help us if this is the best they can come up with.

No comment on this then?
I don't understand how the Trust Director didn't know about this situation via board meetings.
If we do get a second trust director then maybe you could have him based in the ticket office?

It's just the internet, init.

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:13 - Jun 11 with 2372 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:06 - Jun 11 by Starsky

No comment on this then?
I don't understand how the Trust Director didn't know about this situation via board meetings.
If we do get a second trust director then maybe you could have him based in the ticket office?

I thought it had been answered to be honest but the belief that he had was that people were going to be offered the chance to move rather than being told it was compulsory

Given all the logical sense within that then there would be no need for anyone to say anything

It now seems that we have people saying it is compulsory and - as usual - when things go wrong the club spokesman takes his time to get his words together

As a Trust we have been told having picked it up this week (Thursday I think) that it is not compulsory but it seems that nobody is fully aware

I'm not sure that decisions like this (people being offered the chance to move) would ever need to be a decision taken at a board meeting given that we have full time directors looking after these kind of things but it has been an almighty f**k up

Why anyone would want to be a Trust director these days is beyond me though We have people well paid to do a job but when it goes wrong then most of the incompetence is thrown at the Trust director as his fault.

This post has been edited by an administrator
FORCED RELOCATION on 15:14 - Jun 11 with 2366 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:13 - Jun 11 by Phil_S

I thought it had been answered to be honest but the belief that he had was that people were going to be offered the chance to move rather than being told it was compulsory

Given all the logical sense within that then there would be no need for anyone to say anything

It now seems that we have people saying it is compulsory and - as usual - when things go wrong the club spokesman takes his time to get his words together

As a Trust we have been told having picked it up this week (Thursday I think) that it is not compulsory but it seems that nobody is fully aware

I'm not sure that decisions like this (people being offered the chance to move) would ever need to be a decision taken at a board meeting given that we have full time directors looking after these kind of things but it has been an almighty f**k up

Why anyone would want to be a Trust director these days is beyond me though We have people well paid to do a job but when it goes wrong then most of the incompetence is thrown at the Trust director as his fault.

And me. Or Chairman.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 2343 viewsStarsky

Thanks for the fair reply Phil.

I wasn't having a dig at the Trust Director, I'm saying that there's stuff going on at our club affecting our fans with the trust seemingly only being aware via feedback from fans.

Lord knows the board did this with the American takeover.

Ever since we got to the new stadium I've had the distinct impression that the Trust have been an irritation to the board. Considering how the committee, which eventually became the board and the trust evolved from the Patti Pavilion, I'm really disappointed how it even came to pass that they're selling up without bring the trust up to 25% shareholding.

It's just the internet, init.

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 2343 viewswaynekerr55

Dougie was unavailable for comment...

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:28 - Jun 11 with 2334 viewsswansea101

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:55 - Jun 10 by icantbelieveit

I understand what the club are trying to do to encourage new blood. If people want to relocate from south to somewhere else that is fine. The issue is that the new blood who have been on a list for a season or two can still have a seat in the ground if they want it, as some of me friends with kids have done over the last few years not force an exsisting season holder from their seat. In some cases seats have been filled in the south stand with new blood and the only time the get filled is if a big club are our opposition. I don't care who we play and so do most of the 1600 people in the south stand who have been season ticket holders for years. Also I would rather sit in my own seat in the Carling cup games but end up being forced around to the east/west stand as they close the south. I have have new blood waiting to watch with me and when there is space they come, but I am not prepared to let me seats go in prime spot, to watch with my kids from the corner of the ground for example. It would be like have your favorite band in your living room and then being told you can go upstairs and just listen because you neighbour wants to sit on your sofa.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 20:00]

You're missing the point, family stand for the families. Why should a parent/family have to pay full price for a ticket elsewhere in the ground when they could pay 80 quid? If you're too selfish to give up your seat are you willing to fund some parent the difference to stay elsewhere?
FORCED RELOCATION on 15:33 - Jun 11 with 2315 viewsDarran

Maybe I will sound overly Machiavellian, but it seems to me Team America has amply demonstrated they have access to highly skilled strategists, and it would be a classic move to engineer this kind of - in reality fairly minor and well contained - controversy, to sow everything into confusion and flood the Trust with complaints thereby distracting them from the nitty-gritty of the takeover. Absolutely a possibility, in my view.

That is not to say that they are necessarily evil or predatory, merely I would fully expect them to use every trick in the book to gain an advantage/enhanced investment returns. That is what they do -- it is simply bizzness, paisans

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:58 - Jun 11 with 2259 viewsFlashberryjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:33 - Jun 11 by Darran

Maybe I will sound overly Machiavellian, but it seems to me Team America has amply demonstrated they have access to highly skilled strategists, and it would be a classic move to engineer this kind of - in reality fairly minor and well contained - controversy, to sow everything into confusion and flood the Trust with complaints thereby distracting them from the nitty-gritty of the takeover. Absolutely a possibility, in my view.

That is not to say that they are necessarily evil or predatory, merely I would fully expect them to use every trick in the book to gain an advantage/enhanced investment returns. That is what they do -- it is simply bizzness, paisans

Blimey!!

Hello

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:34 - Jun 11 with 2127 viewsBigPhilG

The trust is blameless but someone at the club is.
FORCED RELOCATION on 08:21 - Jun 12 with 2017 viewsKilkennyjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:28 - Jun 11 by swansea101

You're missing the point, family stand for the families. Why should a parent/family have to pay full price for a ticket elsewhere in the ground when they could pay 80 quid? If you're too selfish to give up your seat are you willing to fund some parent the difference to stay elsewhere?

Or of course our newly rich club could honour child prices throughout the ground. Nothing to do with long standing season ticket holders in the South in terms of overall club match day revenue. Thats an option until the expansion.

Beware of the Risen People

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:21 - Jun 12 with 1889 viewsDewi1jack

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:21 - Jun 12 by Kilkennyjack

Or of course our newly rich club could honour child prices throughout the ground. Nothing to do with long standing season ticket holders in the South in terms of overall club match day revenue. Thats an option until the expansion.

Was thinking this.
What a simple solution to the problem up until the stadium is expanded.
Then offer rugrat stand seasies first choice of the new seats, maybe even with the chance to move back to the South if/when they stick a few more seats there as well.
Kids are already sat with their parents around various parts of the ground.

Either way, trying to force people to split the family group up inside the ground when a few will have been sat in there since we moved there is diabolical.
Some of them will have been around when we were sh1te
Giving them 3 days is just plain twp and actually reaches new lows of stupidity for the Commercial department.
Can't believe that Stadco would tell us who can sit where in the ground.
They only want a full ground and their share of the profits.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:03 - Jun 12 with 1862 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:21 - Jun 12 by Dewi1jack

Was thinking this.
What a simple solution to the problem up until the stadium is expanded.
Then offer rugrat stand seasies first choice of the new seats, maybe even with the chance to move back to the South if/when they stick a few more seats there as well.
Kids are already sat with their parents around various parts of the ground.

Either way, trying to force people to split the family group up inside the ground when a few will have been sat in there since we moved there is diabolical.
Some of them will have been around when we were sh1te
Giving them 3 days is just plain twp and actually reaches new lows of stupidity for the Commercial department.
Can't believe that Stadco would tell us who can sit where in the ground.
They only want a full ground and their share of the profits.

I call this the 'limbo stick' effect.

Just when you think that new lows of stupidity are not possible it happens

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:48 - Jun 12 with 1746 viewsmaverick

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:25 - Jun 8 by Murph75

Not really. I'm not preaching, just sharing my opinion. Just ignore me if you don't like what I'm saying.

I just find it a little funny that a grown man is having a melt down because it's been mentioned adults may have to move out of the family stand.

Its not the point of moving that is the issue.Its the totally inept unprofessional way they have gone about it.This should have been sorted before people involved bought their season tickets. Also had we been relegated this would not have been an issue.
FORCED RELOCATION on 08:15 - Jun 13 with 1675 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:48 - Jun 12 by maverick

Its not the point of moving that is the issue.Its the totally inept unprofessional way they have gone about it.This should have been sorted before people involved bought their season tickets. Also had we been relegated this would not have been an issue.

I've moved now whether it's a move that'll turn out better for me though l don't know time will tell, although my view of the game is now undoubtedly better, l do however feel a little aggrieved on how the club have gone about this which made me feel pressured into moving, hope it's not the start of things to come.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 8:18]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FORCED RELOCATION on 09:29 - Jun 13 with 1640 viewswaunwenjack

We too have moved seats as been said don't mind moving to allow supporters with kids chance to take up tickets at cheaper price but it's the way club have gone about it but looking forward to supporting our team from seats where I hope atmosphere is a lot more vocal so onwards and upwards STID
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024