Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORCED RELOCATION 16:19 - Jun 8 with 31597 viewspatchboy

Emails have been sent out in this afternoon TELLING all season ticket holders in the family (South) stand without an under 16 in their group MUST be RELOCATED elsewhere by the 11th June. After this date they will get in touch with you to move you. They are not allowing anybody to be relocated to the WEST at all. In our circumstances, we are family made up of sister,nephew etc and so wanted 6 seats together. This option was not available and we have to settle for a 3 in one row, 2 in another row and a single on their own.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:22]
FORCED RELOCATION on 21:25 - Jun 8 with 2595 viewsStarsky

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:25 - Jun 8 by Murph75

Not really. I'm not preaching, just sharing my opinion. Just ignore me if you don't like what I'm saying.

I just find it a little funny that a grown man is having a melt down because it's been mentioned adults may have to move out of the family stand.

Because the family want to sit together ffs

It's just the internet, init.

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:33 - Jun 8 with 2562 viewsMurph75

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:25 - Jun 8 by Starsky

Because the family want to sit together ffs

In an area that's designated for families with kids under the age of 16.
FORCED RELOCATION on 21:38 - Jun 8 with 2543 viewsStarsky

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:18 - Jun 8 by swansea101

So the family stand for kids under 16 and there families, and adults complaining they have to move.

Everyone talks about how we need to get the kids into the stadium to get them hooked, so let their parents buy a season ticket at a reasonable price. Why would you want to sit amongst a group of kids anyway?

Maybe the club should have given a bit more notice...maybe it's a great idea from the new owners. Whatever it is I don't see how, if your a group of adults your argument holds any substance when you could be stopping a young kids opportunity to watch his team every weekend, selfish if anything

They took their money though
If they'd known sometime last season then they'd probably would have had no trouble changing and staying together

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:40 - Jun 8 with 2534 viewsbishjack

The idea, as is pointed out on here is a fair one and would help the club.

But the lateness is unacceptable:
The club will get so much money from TV deals next year.
If the club is that concerned about introducing youngsters then they can offer £100 seasons in any stand and promise first choice in the south stand next year when the people told to leave today can leave then.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 21:53]

Poll: Which CB should join Ash in defence ?

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:42 - Jun 8 with 2520 viewsStarsky

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:40 - Jun 8 by bishjack

The idea, as is pointed out on here is a fair one and would help the club.

But the lateness is unacceptable:
The club will get so much money from TV deals next year.
If the club is that concerned about introducing youngsters then they can offer £100 seasons in any stand and promise first choice in the south stand next year when the people told to leave today can leave then.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 21:53]

At last. A bit of sense

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:42 - Jun 8 with 2498 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:49 - Jun 8 by Glyn1

It's the fact that you've had the same seats for 11 years that is the issue. Kids have been born and moved into secondary school in that time. Certainly you all deserve respect from the club for supporting the Swans through the worst times, and should be given more time, but that area of the ground should be for people with children, not grown-ups.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:51]

Perhaps there's grandad's and their grandchildren who are being forced to move. I hope not

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:07 - Jun 8 with 2419 viewsJackswan

I paid the £50 deposit in March last year for if and when a season ticket would become available if the Liberty Stadium was expanded.
Decided yesterday to send an email off to the ticket office just on the off chance to see if there were any available for my 9 year old. had a phone call back to say that there were seats available in the upper and lower tiers of the South stand.
So I am moving from my single seat in the East stand(excellent seat but sat in the middle of some right idiots) to sit alongside my daughter in the South stand. There were quite a few seats available in the South stand this morning, so laid claim to two very good ones. Must say , I was very happy with the way that it was handled and very happy to move into the family stand.
I also had the email this afternoon about moving into the South due to the deposit I had paid 15 months ago
FORCED RELOCATION on 22:50 - Jun 8 with 2344 viewsKilkennyjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:28 - Jun 8 by BigPhilG

They can't force anyone to move because they'd be breaking numerous consumer laws and they can't take your seat away from you if you've already paid.
They can ask if you're willing to move but the onus is on the club to offer you suitable alternative seats and they need to give a reasonable time scale not 3 days.
I'm in the South and if they ask me and show some common decency I'd be open to move but the alternate seat must be viable for me

I agree

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:50 - Jun 8 with 2343 viewsNewhousemustscore

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:22 - Jun 8 by Phil_S

First I knew of this was today - I actually got the opposite email offering me the chance to move to the South as one of my STs is an Under 16 one

Sorry, I don't know how old your child is. If he/she is 15 years old & you decided to move to the South Stand to take advantage of the cheaper price (but you were unaware that they will move you when your child becomes 16) does that mean you'd then have to move again the following season.

I understand they want a family stand, but rather than split families up why not wait until the stadium expansion. & they give you a few days to make a change!!!
FORCED RELOCATION on 23:00 - Jun 8 with 2309 viewssherpajacob

Seems a bit of common sense is required.

I sit in the south with my young son.

If / when we are all adults I would much prefer to move to the east..

Can't personally understand why someone without children would prefer the south, but it takes all sorts.

It shouldn't involve existing groups being split up though.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

FORCED RELOCATION on 23:03 - Jun 8 with 2296 viewsNewhousemustscore

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:50 - Jun 8 by Kilkennyjack

I agree

i agree as well. Especially if they've already taken your money for the forthcoming season.
FORCED RELOCATION on 23:11 - Jun 8 with 2272 viewsThursday

The fairest thing to do, of course, is bump the families when there are no kids there any longer. And that family has their choice of block seating (with the folk who were already there being separated and bumped to the crappy, available seats). Because, a 17-year-old season ticket holder is more likely to remain a season ticket holder longer than a 50-year-old.

They should start from scratch, and have all of the seats reassigned, youngest picking first, eldest picking last (they've fewer matches to watch). A week should be long enough to get it sorted.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 23:13]
FORCED RELOCATION on 23:26 - Jun 8 with 2229 viewsgrampajack

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:31 - Jun 8 by 3swan

So to sum up your posts.

The club did a survey 15 months ago

You renewed a few months ago?

You are given a few days to sort out a move.

I can understand the reasoning but such a short timescale is not on after they already have taken your money.

Haven't they entered into a contract by allowing you to renew

totally agree
FORCED RELOCATION on 00:03 - Jun 9 with 2168 viewsLoyal

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:50 - Jun 8 by Whiterockin

IMO this is the main reason we require the stadium extension.

January I reckon.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

FORCED RELOCATION on 00:26 - Jun 9 with 2147 viewsTreforys_Jack

I sat in the Family stand for a few seasons due to the offer for U16's. Couldn't wait to get out as soon as they had to pay full price. I've been next to the away fans now for the last 2 seasons, far more enjoyable experience . I think most adults would rather not sit in the family stand but the deals are too good. Surely the club are losing money by moving full paying adults and replacing them with U16's so its not financially motivated. Time scales are appalling though. Isn't there a law where a certain amount of tickets need to be reserved for general sale, or did I just make that up.
FORCED RELOCATION on 01:23 - Jun 9 with 2112 viewsSwansNZ

So is there a waiting list of families with under 16 year olds currently sitting in other parts, and wanting to move?, or current non ST holders wanting new STs?

As others have stated, I see nothing wrong with being asked to relocate, but it should be done at time of renewal, and given time to do so. I think they could move existing ST holders in other parts to free up chunk of seats next to each other for the families to sit together.

I take it from what has been said, the whole of the West stand is made up of ST holders?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

FORCED RELOCATION on 02:02 - Jun 9 with 2091 viewsLoyal

FORCED RELOCATION on 00:26 - Jun 9 by Treforys_Jack

I sat in the Family stand for a few seasons due to the offer for U16's. Couldn't wait to get out as soon as they had to pay full price. I've been next to the away fans now for the last 2 seasons, far more enjoyable experience . I think most adults would rather not sit in the family stand but the deals are too good. Surely the club are losing money by moving full paying adults and replacing them with U16's so its not financially motivated. Time scales are appalling though. Isn't there a law where a certain amount of tickets need to be reserved for general sale, or did I just make that up.

Defintely used to be.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:09 - Jun 9 with 1974 viewsmax936

Had a phone call off a chap that sits by me and he told me that he phoned up to do the swap and was 8th in the que and it took over 40 mins to get to speak to someone and that was on an 0844 number at 7 pence a minute so that was £2.80 plus the service charge by the phone line provider and that was before he got to actually speak to someone are the club gonna cover the cost of the phone calls? l doubt it, the concept is good, but the time scale is ridiculous, lm unable to go to the ticket office till Saturday and l haven't the time to stay on the phone for any length of time, during working hours.
This should have been done at the end of the season at the latest, typical cock up by the club, we had a similar balls up last season with the keeping of the season season ticket cards, another utter fiasco.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 8:12]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:15 - Jun 9 with 1962 viewsdougie

Am I missing something here ? Surely the club could not offer to move people on renewal as they wouldn't know who was renewing in other parts of the ground. They could only start relocating people once the season ticket window closed and they knew what seats are available elsewhere.

I have read also that they asked families in other parts of the ground with young children first if they wanted to move into the south . This would then leave further seats available in other parts of the ground to relocate people into.

I hope I am safe In the east. Will probably be chucked out at 60 and relocated to some corner in the west
FORCED RELOCATION on 08:45 - Jun 9 with 1946 viewsjojaca

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:15 - Jun 9 by dougie

Am I missing something here ? Surely the club could not offer to move people on renewal as they wouldn't know who was renewing in other parts of the ground. They could only start relocating people once the season ticket window closed and they knew what seats are available elsewhere.

I have read also that they asked families in other parts of the ground with young children first if they wanted to move into the south . This would then leave further seats available in other parts of the ground to relocate people into.

I hope I am safe In the east. Will probably be chucked out at 60 and relocated to some corner in the west

What they should have done first is asked adults in South Stand without children to relocate by choice, it's up to them if they decide to move and maybe offer little incentive to move (£10/20 off season ticket, £10 off replica shirt etc).

The situation would also be slightly easier if they charged the same price for U-16's all around the ground. How can you charge £89 in one stand and £239 in the other stands, that is big price gap. The only reason I wanted to move to South stand was because of price, I would not care where I sit otherwise.

Even when you know, you never know?

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:46 - Jun 9 with 1944 viewsJackfath

I still haven't had an email about this.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 09:47 - Jun 9 with 1860 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:46 - Jun 9 by Jackfath

I still haven't had an email about this.

Does an U16 go with you JF? If not you should have had one check your Spam folder just in case my friend.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:09 - Jun 9 with 1832 viewspencoedjack

Ban kids under 16 (and women) from the Liberty for Swans game ... they kill the atmosphere.

Job done
FORCED RELOCATION on 10:16 - Jun 9 with 1818 viewsHighjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:09 - Jun 9 by pencoedjack

Ban kids under 16 (and women) from the Liberty for Swans game ... they kill the atmosphere.

Job done

That's absolutely disgusting and sexist.

There's no need to ban them, just put them to good use by making them serve drinks or something.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:19 - Jun 9 with 1815 viewsPhil_S

Just an update - we have asked for this to be looked at - forced moving of people is not the way to go about these things

Offering people the chance to move is logical (for example I was offered the chance to move the South as it would be cheaper for my U-16 ticket) but nobody should (IMO) be forced to move
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024