Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax 07:34 - Jun 21 with 9078 viewsmarchamjack

Dutch papers reporting we've made a £2.5million bid for the Ajax player. Can't do the translation sorry. Any of our Dutch friends help out with this and background to the player.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 14:40 - Jun 22 with 3567 viewsSwan91

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 11:25 - Jun 22 by airedale

I'd forgotten about Caulker, good player. Perhaps Bartley may be going too.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/21/signed-by-rangers-from-2011-2012-should-war

"His time at the club has proved difficult, playing under a succession of different managers, and struggled for chances under current boss Alberto Paloschi."

didn't realise he was our stiker and manager...
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 14:40 - Jun 22 with 3567 viewsOxOsp

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 11:01 - Jun 22 by DafyddHuw

Good call - well, at least the 3 at the back. Then this potential signing makes a lot of sense.
And I know Ash won't like it, but he plays at least 40 games per season - he must need a rest now and again.

Wasn't 3-5-2 Guidolin's preference in the past? I'm sure I read once that Udinese always went with it.
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 14:46 - Jun 22 with 3544 viewsunion_jack

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 06:44 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

He would be my ideal Ash replacement. Really good footballing CD who will pass well and carry the ball out of defence. A tall good set piece defending/attacking CD as well plus a left back and we're sorted defensively.

Not a right back? Kingsley should be in ahead of Taylor (regardless ofhis goal this week!) at LB but Rangel is well beyond his sell by date.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 17:11 - Jun 22 with 3455 viewsStarsky

Good call - well, at least the 3 at the back. Then this potential signing makes a lot of sense.
And I know Ash won't like it, but he plays at least 40 games per season - he must need a rest now and again.

It would also cure our full back problems.
I think it would be the end of Taylor being first choice

It's just the internet, init.

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 3326 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 14:46 - Jun 22 by union_jack

Not a right back? Kingsley should be in ahead of Taylor (regardless ofhis goal this week!) at LB but Rangel is well beyond his sell by date.

Yes sorry a right back as well. I don't mind Naughton but we could do better.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 23:02 - Jun 22 with 3271 viewsjasper_T

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 14:40 - Jun 22 by OxOsp

Wasn't 3-5-2 Guidolin's preference in the past? I'm sure I read once that Udinese always went with it.

He's said time and again he wants to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Swansea
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 15:19 - Jun 25 with 3091 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 15:27 - Jun 25 with 3067 viewsTreforys_Jack

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 15:19 - Jun 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Interesting
Login to get fewer ads

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 3041 viewsdailew

Ash plays in a back five for Wales so it won't be totally alien to him.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 16:08 - Jun 25 with 2968 viewsforkbeard

Hope he doesn't pull of these sort of blinders again, mind

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 22:39 - Jun 25 with 2616 viewsGriffting

What I take from this:- need a fourth choice centre back on the cheap for cover as one is leaving (Bartley I presume), someone who is willing to come for little game time and this is the guy. Players player of the year in Utrecht before moving to Ajax, a move which didn't really work out for him so he wanted to start fresh. Hope he does well but it's one of those signings where if he doesn't, It's not likely to have a major impact on us.
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 14:52 - Jun 26 with 2349 viewsBorojack

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 22:39 - Jun 25 by Griffting

What I take from this:- need a fourth choice centre back on the cheap for cover as one is leaving (Bartley I presume), someone who is willing to come for little game time and this is the guy. Players player of the year in Utrecht before moving to Ajax, a move which didn't really work out for him so he wanted to start fresh. Hope he does well but it's one of those signings where if he doesn't, It's not likely to have a major impact on us.

Amat has indicated he may want to leave as he wants to play more games.
Also Bartley is not good enough.
So seems a sensible signing to me.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 15:54 - Jun 26 with 2209 viewsmagicdaps10

Would agree he is a replacement for bartley.

Has something about him, was called up by Van Gaal to the full dutch squad a few years ago. Young and at a cross roads in his career, back to the type of signings that worked so well for us a few years back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 18:26 - Jun 26 with 2032 viewsblaine_scfc

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 15:54 - Jun 26 by magicdaps10

Would agree he is a replacement for bartley.

Has something about him, was called up by Van Gaal to the full dutch squad a few years ago. Young and at a cross roads in his career, back to the type of signings that worked so well for us a few years back.

Agreed, looks an interesting prospect and will hopefully benefit the squad.

I'm hoping we have the money available to start improving our starting eleven though, we need to freshen things up in all areas apart from goalkeeper. This guy may well do that, but has struggled to get in the Ajax squad this year for whatever reason.

Can't see any major signings happening until the Euros are finished though, so fingers crossed.
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 22:41 - Jun 26 with 1791 viewsGriffting

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 18:26 - Jun 26 by blaine_scfc

Agreed, looks an interesting prospect and will hopefully benefit the squad.

I'm hoping we have the money available to start improving our starting eleven though, we need to freshen things up in all areas apart from goalkeeper. This guy may well do that, but has struggled to get in the Ajax squad this year for whatever reason.

Can't see any major signings happening until the Euros are finished though, so fingers crossed.

Hoping this is the case as well. Not much action so far with many clubs so fingers crossed for a later bloom. Did notice Huw say in the SWEP interview it will be a 'few signings for competition', which is a bit different than the 'big summer shake up' that was proposed a couple of months back. Never thought there would be more than a few coming in but that comment did make me wonder about the quality of player that will arrive this summer.
Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax on 00:48 - Jun 27 with 1600 viewsKingstonJack

BBC:

"The 23-yr old full back, who has represented the Netherlands at under-21 level, will travel to Wales for negotiations in the coming week."

Seems a good asset
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 0:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024