Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew 08:15 - Aug 10 with 9157 viewseddie71

Swansea City have joined the race to sign Ghana star Jordan Ayew from Aston Villa, GHANAsoccernet.com can exclusively reveal.

This comes just two days after his elder brother Andre left the Welsh side to join West Ham United in a club record transfer.

With their father Abedi Pele, the Ghanaian football legend being their agent, Swansea City have started enquiries about signing Jordan from Villa, sources close to the deal have told Ghana's leading football news outfit.

Swansea used the opportunity during the negotiations over Jordan to start their contacts with agents over the move to South Wales by Jordan.

The striker is wanted by German side Hamburg as well as West Ham and Sunderland.

With Andre's wonderful experience at the Welsh side, the Swans are hopeful to convincing Jordan before the end of the month when the transfer window closes.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-swansea-city-join-race-to-sign-aston-villa-s
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:18 - Aug 10 with 6583 viewsLohengrin

A very decent signing if it comes off.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:22 - Aug 10 with 6535 viewsjojaca

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:18 - Aug 10 by Lohengrin

Would be very good 3rd striker and use on a wing.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:30 - Aug 10 with 6452 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:18 - Aug 10 by Lohengrin

Agree
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:32 - Aug 10 with 6434 viewsPegojack

Anyone know how long he's got left on his contract? if it's two years or more, I can see Villa wanting silly money. Wouldn't pay more than £6-7 million for him myself.
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:43 - Aug 10 with 6347 viewsDDCH

Would take care of that truck load of pre printed shirts

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:49 - Aug 10 with 6294 viewsAngelRangelQS

Not the best source but this, together with the sky link for that other chap yesterday does make me wonder whether we are chasing another striker on top of what we already have? Deploying them in a 4-3-3/ 4-2-1-3?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 8:50]
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:54 - Aug 10 with 6240 viewsJackfath

I think we are heading for a "we will just score more goals than the opposition" mentality.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:56 - Aug 10 with 6214 viewsItchySphincter

The thought crossed my mind too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:56 - Aug 10 with 6215 viewsjasper_T

lol yeah okay
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:58 - Aug 10 with 6197 viewsLandore_Jack

Chadli is staying at Spurs.

#backtojack

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:15 - Aug 10 with 6088 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:54 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

I think we are heading for a "we will just score more goals than the opposition" mentality.

Looks like this but it is not really the Italian way.
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:17 - Aug 10 with 6064 viewshammy

I say buy him for under £10M and then sell him Wet Spam for £20M next year ;)

Are there any other Ayew's we can make money from ?

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:19 - Aug 10 with 6053 viewsAussieSwan

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:32 - Aug 10 by Pegojack

Anyone know how long he's got left on his contract? if it's two years or more, I can see Villa wanting silly money. Wouldn't pay more than £6-7 million for him myself.

Article says the valuation is about £12 million. If we get Baston I can't see it happening.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:32 - Aug 10 with 5986 viewsEasternJack

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:19 - Aug 10 by AussieSwan

Article says the valuation is about £12 million. If we get Baston I can't see it happening.

£12M?

that should kill this one.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 9:32]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:44 - Aug 10 with 5894 viewsMatthew_117

Coming round to the idea of signing a third striker/ forward. Hopefully that would mean we can send McBurnie out on loan to get some first team football. Pre season has shown that he has some talent and he got into some good positions. Now he needs to push on this season
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:06 - Aug 10 with 5779 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 09:44 - Aug 10 by Matthew_117

Coming round to the idea of signing a third striker/ forward. Hopefully that would mean we can send McBurnie out on loan to get some first team football. Pre season has shown that he has some talent and he got into some good positions. Now he needs to push on this season

We're going to struggle to give both the new spanish lads enough gametime. A third senior striker is pointless investment when we still need starting fullbacks.
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 5749 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:06 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

We're going to struggle to give both the new spanish lads enough gametime. A third senior striker is pointless investment when we still need starting fullbacks.

Depends if we are moving to 3-5-2.
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 5681 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:11 - Aug 10 by Whiterockin

Depends if we are moving to 3-5-2.

We'd have seen that in pre season surely and more of an effort to recruit a centre back. We'd have been light on them to play 3 at the back even before ash left
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 5681 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 08:54 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

Certainly has that feel about it.'

No links to a RB or replacement CH as yet???

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:23 - Aug 10 with 5649 viewsMagicDaps

People talking about switching to a 3-5-2 based on an article from ghanasoccer.net

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 5633 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:23 - Aug 10 by MagicDaps

People talking about switching to a 3-5-2 based on an article from ghanasoccer.net

Not really. Just trying to work out why we are linked with more forwards than defenders.
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:28 - Aug 10 with 5597 viewsvetchonian

Is Roberto back then?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:44 - Aug 10 with 5476 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:24 - Aug 10 by Whiterockin

Not really. Just trying to work out why we are linked with more forwards than defenders.

Because rumours about attacking players get more notice (and we probably made a few enquiries before settling on Llorente and Baston).
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:45 - Aug 10 with 5470 viewsmacthejack

Is J Ayew definitely an out and out striker then? I thought he was more of a winger CAM in the Chadli mould? IMO we still need a player who is predominantly a winger but can cover the CAM and maybe striker roles, in the Chadli/Ziyech model.
Swansea City join race to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew on 10:46 - Aug 10 with 5465 viewstomdickharry

Ziyech is available,he's the player to fill the void left by Ayew.Jordan Ayew really classy footballer but nothing special,would rather spend the money on Ziyech,plus of course we need another player at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024