Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams 17:05 - Aug 24 with 3248 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Chris Coleman reckons Swansea City have lost one of their best ever players in Ashley Williams.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:07 - Aug 24 with 2392 viewsmax936

Well we have, there's no hiding from that fact.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:09 - Aug 24 with 2382 viewsraynor94

Have to agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:14 - Aug 24 with 2364 viewsjacabertawe

Indeed we have.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:21 - Aug 24 with 2338 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's gone to Everton for a challenge bless

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:48 - Aug 24 with 2284 viewsmonmouth

More media driven Williams ass-smoke.He wanted out, he got out. he was great for us, now he isn't. F**k him. We've lost better and worse.

I'm not reading any media shaped Cookie shit but I presume once again it is implied to be 'Swansea's fault?. Williams' already large head must be the size of a f**cking zeppelin by now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 2272 viewsDafyddHuw

Well, he was touched by Everton, so what do we expect?

Better than Robbie James? Bob Latchford? Mel Nurse? Herbie Williams? Ivor? Leon? Ferrie? Wilf? Michu? That's just off the top of my head.

When he says "one of the best ever players", how big a pool is he talking about? Top 3, Top 5? Top 10? Top 20? Top 50?
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:52 - Aug 24 with 2269 viewsairedale

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:48 - Aug 24 by monmouth

More media driven Williams ass-smoke.He wanted out, he got out. he was great for us, now he isn't. F**k him. We've lost better and worse.

I'm not reading any media shaped Cookie shit but I presume once again it is implied to be 'Swansea's fault?. Williams' already large head must be the size of a f**cking zeppelin by now.

His head's the size of the Pentagon do you mean?
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 2262 viewsmax936

All true, but the fact is that we have lost one of our best ever players, as much as we talk about William's own self importance, the above is true Monny.

Login to get fewer ads

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 2245 viewspencoedjack

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:53 - Aug 24 by max936

All true, but the fact is that we have lost one of our best ever players, as much as we talk about William's own self importance, the above is true Monny.

Indeed no getting away from the fact Ash was one of our best ever players

Personally would be in my top 10

Still think it was good business to sell for 12 million as he is 32
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:59 - Aug 24 with 2236 viewsicecoldjack

The stories about him forcing the club into a weaker position to get his move will negate any kind of legend status to me.

Wish him well, done good for us, ego the size of a house and not as good as most people think, been trying to get a move elsewhere for yrs, only Palace and Everton stumped up.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 18:05 - Aug 24 with 2218 viewsmax936

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:57 - Aug 24 by pencoedjack

Indeed no getting away from the fact Ash was one of our best ever players

Personally would be in my top 10

Still think it was good business to sell for 12 million as he is 32

Agreed, plus the fact it seems that he was desperate to go, he contributed massively to where we now are, but that works both ways, him and his ego need to remember that.

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 18:09 - Aug 24 with 2206 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why do we keep getting this sh !t

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 18:52 - Aug 24 with 2124 viewsWarwickHunt

We've cashed in on a player who's past his best for stupid money.

Brain surgery wasn't a career option for Cookie. Bless him.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:13 - Aug 24 with 2086 viewssP7qupUf

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 17:51 - Aug 24 by DafyddHuw

Well, he was touched by Everton, so what do we expect?

Better than Robbie James? Bob Latchford? Mel Nurse? Herbie Williams? Ivor? Leon? Ferrie? Wilf? Michu? That's just off the top of my head.

When he says "one of the best ever players", how big a pool is he talking about? Top 3, Top 5? Top 10? Top 20? Top 50?

What about Curt? Ante was a much better central defender than Williams.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:16 - Aug 24 with 2074 viewsgiantstoneater

We have and we will move on.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:21 - Aug 24 with 2062 viewsexiledclaseboy

Revisionism rules. Coleman's right, one of our best ever players has left the club. Self evident. Not even arguable. I'm not losing any sleep over it but don't feel the need to pretend he was rubbish all along and we're well shot of him either.

Poll: Tory leader

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:27 - Aug 24 with 2047 viewsNeathJack

He was excellent for us in his time here there no hiding from that.

However, I think we cashed in at the right time given his age and the demands that have been put on his body over the last few years. A season of decline and niggling injuries is around the corner

Whether it be this season or not we shall see.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:31 - Aug 24 with 2034 viewsmonmouth

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:21 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

Revisionism rules. Coleman's right, one of our best ever players has left the club. Self evident. Not even arguable. I'm not losing any sleep over it but don't feel the need to pretend he was rubbish all along and we're well shot of him either.

Is anyone doing that though? I was fed up with the Williams is God, Swansea are f****d narrative last week. Do we need yet another article?

I'd say again we've lost better, we've certainly lost worse. Definitely one of our best ever defenders, as he'd be the first to tell you. Did we sell at the right time? Time will tell.

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:37 - Aug 24 with 2010 viewsexiledclaseboy

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 19:31 - Aug 24 by monmouth

Is anyone doing that though? I was fed up with the Williams is God, Swansea are f****d narrative last week. Do we need yet another article?

I'd say again we've lost better, we've certainly lost worse. Definitely one of our best ever defenders, as he'd be the first to tell you. Did we sell at the right time? Time will tell.

Yeah course they are. This thread and many others since he left, although obviously I exaggerated for effect. It's what we do.

No arguments with any of the rest of your post.

Poll: Tory leader

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 21:08 - Aug 24 with 1902 viewsbuilthjack

A fantastic servant for club and country. For us to get £12m for him now is good business. Another year or so and he wouldn't be worth quarter of that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 21:22 - Aug 24 with 1872 viewsmarchamjack

Lost one of our best ever players? No. Would any of us seriously think of Ash when we think of the Swans best players? No. Exactly.

Lost one of our best ever defenders? Yes.

Perspective

Left us for more money. His choice. We got a very good price in the circumstances.

Still one of Wales' current best and most important players.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 11:38 - Sep 18 with 1497 viewsGlyn1

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 21:08 - Aug 24 by builthjack

A fantastic servant for club and country. For us to get £12m for him now is good business. Another year or so and he wouldn't be worth quarter of that.

I completely agree. And 'the Swansea curse' when they leave us isn't happening so far because they love him on the Everton fans forums.

It's great when we get a transfer that both sides are happy with.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 11:44 - Sep 18 with 1475 viewsPegojack

What I hope is that there isn't any sycophantic applause for him if/when he appears at the Liberty in a blue shirt.

He was great for us, he wanted out, now he plays for someone else, get over it. F*ck 'im.
SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 12:02 - Sep 18 with 1437 viewsStarsky

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 11:44 - Sep 18 by Pegojack

What I hope is that there isn't any sycophantic applause for him if/when he appears at the Liberty in a blue shirt.

He was great for us, he wanted out, now he plays for someone else, get over it. F*ck 'im.

Just put your fingers in your ears while I slap the clappers one by one

It's just the internet, init.

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 12:08 - Sep 18 with 1423 viewsmonmouth

SWEP: Chris Coleman on Ashley Williams on 11:44 - Sep 18 by Pegojack

100% there will be. Standing ovation if he manages to nut one in the net. He won't celebrate though, oh no, 'coz he luvs us and it broke his little heart to leave bless his little cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024