Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... 11:13 - Nov 1 with 13225 viewsTheResurrection

And the resignation of Jenkins and to get a full understanding of the strategy on survival.

Call a meeting with your members if you feel you need to do this officially or just make a public statement to this affect and take it to the press.

The time has come now to show our strength and to make it clear that not only are we a significant shareholder but we're also many thousands of lifelong supporters.

No more pussy footing around. Do this before the next meeting with them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:58 - Nov 1 with 1901 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:56 - Nov 1 by Smellyplumz

You are honestly asking a Cardiff fan of he's a member of our trust! Please don't ruin a decent thread, there's not many about at the moment.

Fair enough WRT to ruining a decent thread, I'll stop. I find it a bit mental though.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:20 - Nov 1 with 1848 viewsGowerjack

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:27 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Are you a member?

No but Jackfath is....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:35 - Nov 1 with 1820 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:20 - Nov 1 by Gowerjack

No but Jackfath is....

Yes I am
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:42 - Nov 16 with 1610 viewsDafyddHuw

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:41 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

I've got no issue with the Trust making a public statement calling for Jenkins' head. I'd just like to see how this weekend's discussions go first.

I think the list of what we want was outlined in the last address ... and I'm going to cut and paste these:

a) Protection of the Trust’s stake in the football club and, if that cannot be achieved, a path to agreeing a sale of all or part of the Trust’s stake;
b) Veto rights over decisions that could affect the long-term security of the football club (e.g. excessive debt, issuing new shares);
c) The right to appoint a second director to the board of the football club to better protect the interest of our members;
d) Removal of any directors whose shareholding was below 5%;
e) No dividends to be issued without consent;

d) has already happened. I'd then add pretty much to the top of that list, given the lack of engagement to date, that there needs to be significant improvement on the day to day engagement between the SD and the management of the club.

This isn't a wishlist. It's fundamental to protecting the Trust's status at the club. Maybe there is merit to reaffirming these fundamental requirements before the weekend, I'll certainly raise the point, but I also know the Americans are more than aware of what we want.

Ux. You posted this on 1st Nov. The only outcome I can find of the weekend meeting is a bland statement put out by the Trust.

Did you get the wishlist? (Sorry, not wishlist "This isn't a wishlist. It's fundamental to protecting the Trust's status at the club"). Did the meeting tell you that you can work with the yanks? What are the Trust's serious options? Have the Trust decided which way to jump yet? Cos there's no mention of anything re the list in the Trust report.

Since the meeting, where the yanks apparently promised much closer participation with the Trust, we've employed Paul Williams. Were the Trust in discussions with the yanks about the appointment? Did they know beforehand about the appointment? If not, what does that tell you about future relationships with the yanks?

Honestly, it's like getting blood out of a stone.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:48 - Nov 16 with 1584 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:42 - Nov 16 by DafyddHuw

Ux. You posted this on 1st Nov. The only outcome I can find of the weekend meeting is a bland statement put out by the Trust.

Did you get the wishlist? (Sorry, not wishlist "This isn't a wishlist. It's fundamental to protecting the Trust's status at the club"). Did the meeting tell you that you can work with the yanks? What are the Trust's serious options? Have the Trust decided which way to jump yet? Cos there's no mention of anything re the list in the Trust report.

Since the meeting, where the yanks apparently promised much closer participation with the Trust, we've employed Paul Williams. Were the Trust in discussions with the yanks about the appointment? Did they know beforehand about the appointment? If not, what does that tell you about future relationships with the yanks?

From what I know there is no reason for the lack of communication from the Trust officials and to progress our request for protection to the next stage.

The time has come and gone, what's going on?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:43 - Nov 16 with 1517 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 13:42 - Nov 16 by DafyddHuw

When concrete progress, one way or the other, is made regarding the discussions with the Americans then I'm sure the Trust will do, as it has done. Afraid I'm not going to post a running commentary on here, for a whole host of reasons.

That statement last week was pretty bland wasn't it. However I was surprised how little was read between the lines. That statement confirmed that meetings took place and progress was made on the day to day working relationship between the Trust and the management of the club. That's good progress but clearly that's only part of the picture. The issues you quoted remain issues for the Trust, however I know that dialogue is continuing. As with the above, once something concrete is decided, one way or the other, then it'll be communicated chapter and verse.

So, in the absence of a Trust statement, let me give my personal take on all this. The Trust has made its position perfectly clear and very public. The ideal solution remains that the Trust stays actively involved with the club however agreements need to be reached for that scenario to happily play out. Discussions have taken place over the last couple of weeks, and will continue. However clearly not everything has been hammered out, otherwise it would have been publicised.

The one thing I would say, and this is merely my personal view as 1 of 15 or so on the Trust board rather than official Trust policy, is that these things cannot be allowed to drift along indefinitely. The Trust's views are pretty common knowledge, and the Trust also has a commitment to keep its members up to date as frequently as possible, so I personally don't think there's any reason why they should.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:49 - Nov 16 with 1502 viewsDarran

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:43 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

When concrete progress, one way or the other, is made regarding the discussions with the Americans then I'm sure the Trust will do, as it has done. Afraid I'm not going to post a running commentary on here, for a whole host of reasons.

That statement last week was pretty bland wasn't it. However I was surprised how little was read between the lines. That statement confirmed that meetings took place and progress was made on the day to day working relationship between the Trust and the management of the club. That's good progress but clearly that's only part of the picture. The issues you quoted remain issues for the Trust, however I know that dialogue is continuing. As with the above, once something concrete is decided, one way or the other, then it'll be communicated chapter and verse.

So, in the absence of a Trust statement, let me give my personal take on all this. The Trust has made its position perfectly clear and very public. The ideal solution remains that the Trust stays actively involved with the club however agreements need to be reached for that scenario to happily play out. Discussions have taken place over the last couple of weeks, and will continue. However clearly not everything has been hammered out, otherwise it would have been publicised.

The one thing I would say, and this is merely my personal view as 1 of 15 or so on the Trust board rather than official Trust policy, is that these things cannot be allowed to drift along indefinitely. The Trust's views are pretty common knowledge, and the Trust also has a commitment to keep its members up to date as frequently as possible, so I personally don't think there's any reason why they should.

"Discussions have taken place over the last couple of weeks, and will continue. However clearly not everything has been hammered out, otherwise it would have been publicised"

Do people with more than one brain cell really need to be told that? Jeez.

Oh and just for the record Phil Sumbler didn't tell me to say that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:34 - Nov 16 with 1405 viewsDafyddHuw

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:43 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

Thanks Ux. I realise that you're doing your best but it's all so frustrating.

For example, here's an extract of one of your posts from August 31st -
"In short, everything comes down to the discussion with the Yanks, which I think I'm on safe ground as saying will be concluded one way or the other in the next few weeks. If they're positive, then there's a basis to work together on. If not, then the members, and fans, will be made very aware of the whys."

"..in the next few weeks.." And you wrote this Aug 31st!!! And it's now Nov 16th!!

Seems we have diffenet concepts of what "the next few weeks means"
Sadly, I could probably go back even further than Aug 31st.

It's probably me, but every time there's some sort of meeting, the Trust seems to say "we're still in discussions and we pronise that everything will come out one way or the other".

Does the Trust have a deadline by which they can say "if we haven't reached satisfactory agreements by then, then we aren't going to"?
Login to get fewer ads

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:18 - Nov 16 with 1337 viewsUxbridge

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:34 - Nov 16 by DafyddHuw

Thanks Ux. I realise that you're doing your best but it's all so frustrating.

For example, here's an extract of one of your posts from August 31st -
"In short, everything comes down to the discussion with the Yanks, which I think I'm on safe ground as saying will be concluded one way or the other in the next few weeks. If they're positive, then there's a basis to work together on. If not, then the members, and fans, will be made very aware of the whys."

"..in the next few weeks.." And you wrote this Aug 31st!!! And it's now Nov 16th!!

Seems we have diffenet concepts of what "the next few weeks means"
Sadly, I could probably go back even further than Aug 31st.

It's probably me, but every time there's some sort of meeting, the Trust seems to say "we're still in discussions and we pronise that everything will come out one way or the other".

Does the Trust have a deadline by which they can say "if we haven't reached satisfactory agreements by then, then we aren't going to"?

Cheers. That looks like one of my posts, and I think that timing makes sense. That was around the time that talks broke down and the Trust went down legal avenues. So, that statement was correct, and the public were made very well aware of what happened. Good to see something I wrote being held up as an accurate prediction

I'm viewing the talks of the last couple of weeks as a new set of talks. Maybe even entering further talks is optimistic given the breakdown of the previous ones, but it's better than the alternative IMO. However, they need to be time bound.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:22 - Nov 16 with 1327 viewsmax936

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:18 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

Cheers. That looks like one of my posts, and I think that timing makes sense. That was around the time that talks broke down and the Trust went down legal avenues. So, that statement was correct, and the public were made very well aware of what happened. Good to see something I wrote being held up as an accurate prediction

I'm viewing the talks of the last couple of weeks as a new set of talks. Maybe even entering further talks is optimistic given the breakdown of the previous ones, but it's better than the alternative IMO. However, they need to be time bound.

Things need to happen soon considering the perilous state of the Teams current position and the manager being somewhat clueless though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:44 - Nov 16 with 1262 viewsswancity

Prosser no need for you to do your parrot impressions lol

The Trust have become silent when it should be making plenty of noise. Uxbridge : the Trust haven't made anything clear at all. They've almost gone into hiding.

We can all see it's a shambles. And yet the ship, our Club, is sinking without trace. Meanwhile after 6 months nothing has been achieved apart from a promise of more meetings.

And finally Uxbridge , no need for a 'running commentary' as you call it but regular updates on such a disgraceful set of circumstances which could ruin our Club isn't asking too much is it given the seriousness of the predicament.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:01 - Nov 16 with 1217 viewsDafyddHuw

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:18 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

Thanks
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:09 - Nov 16 with 1203 viewsSwanzay

Ux

Did the Trust have any involvement with the appointment of Paul Williams?
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 1193 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Let's hope the talks about talks lead to talks and not more talks about talks. Clearly the August talks led to further talks about talks but not talks so they were merely talks about talks about talks.

It's good to talk.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:44 - Nov 16 with 1153 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:44 - Nov 16 by swancity

Prosser no need for you to do your parrot impressions lol

The Trust have become silent when it should be making plenty of noise. Uxbridge : the Trust haven't made anything clear at all. They've almost gone into hiding.

We can all see it's a shambles. And yet the ship, our Club, is sinking without trace. Meanwhile after 6 months nothing has been achieved apart from a promise of more meetings.

And finally Uxbridge , no need for a 'running commentary' as you call it but regular updates on such a disgraceful set of circumstances which could ruin our Club isn't asking too much is it given the seriousness of the predicament.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Come on you Swans.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:13 - Nov 16 with 1100 viewstomdickharry

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:09 - Nov 16 by Swanzay

Ux

Great question.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:13 - Nov 16 with 1100 viewsmorningstar

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 18:09 - Nov 16 by Swanzay

Ux

Hopefully this time the SD would have been informed, but the bottom line is that we have a DOF who makes these decisions. The trust have no power to yay or nay these type of appointments. It's cr@p innit!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:21 - Nov 16 with 1071 viewsoldcob

As long as the Americans own 60%+ and the Trust own just 21% we are in no position to demand anything. If it went to vote the Trust would lose every time. All we (the Trust) can do is voice our displeasure. Please tell me I'm wrong.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:35 - Nov 16 with 1022 viewsSwanjaxs

Ux

The Trust were treated with contempt regarding the takeover so I'd be amazed if they were consulted over appointing Paul Williams tbh

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:39 - Nov 16 with 1009 viewsDafyddHuw

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:13 - Nov 16 by morningstar

Hopefully this time the SD would have been informed, but the bottom line is that we have a DOF who makes these decisions. The trust have no power to yay or nay these type of appointments. It's cr@p innit!

It's not about the Trust having no power to yay or nay though, is it? We all know the yanks have the overwhelming power.

It's about having the courtesy to keep a (not insignificanr) fellow director in the picture. Because if they're blithely continuing (and who can stop them?} without even telling the Trust what's going on, then in what sort of contempt is the Trust held by the Yanks?

And so, how can we think that we can work with them?
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:39 - Nov 16 with 1007 viewsLoyal

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Chris, I fully agree with the content of his OP.
There is little else if anything to say.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:42 - Nov 16 with 996 viewsJackfath

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:39 - Nov 16 by Loyal

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Chris, I fully agree with the content of his OP.
There is little else if anything to say.

He's been quiet recently - is there a reason for this? I hope he's ok.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:42 - Nov 16 with 995 viewsMattG

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:21 - Nov 16 by oldcob

As long as the Americans own 60%+ and the Trust own just 21% we are in no position to demand anything. If it went to vote the Trust would lose every time. All we (the Trust) can do is voice our displeasure. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Not only do the Americans own 60+% of the shares, they also own 75+% of the voting rights so they can do pretty much anything they want.

The 75% threshold gives them considerably more sweeping powers so it's actually a little bit worse than you thought.

Sorry.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:43 - Nov 16 with 991 viewsmorningstar

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:39 - Nov 16 by DafyddHuw

It's not about the Trust having no power to yay or nay though, is it? We all know the yanks have the overwhelming power.

It's about having the courtesy to keep a (not insignificanr) fellow director in the picture. Because if they're blithely continuing (and who can stop them?} without even telling the Trust what's going on, then in what sort of contempt is the Trust held by the Yanks?

And so, how can we think that we can work with them?

Of course, which is why i mentioned this in the first part of my post.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 19:45 - Nov 16 with 987 viewsWingstandwood

I do think there could be a bit of a vacuum in the making here where the likes of mass-protest e.g. The North Bank Alliance or SCFC supporters start protesting and getting involved with forms of direct action outside of SCST e.g. boycotting initiatives, disruptive measures to change club running matters e.g. transfer policy, getting that freeloading sell-out impostor like Van Zweden slung out etc.

I sincerely hope SCST is just playing a very strategically clever waiting game where stuff like delay and silence is a tactic to latter pounce at exactly the right moment.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024