Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trident again 15:04 - Jan 22 with 4126 viewsHighjack

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. Apparently a test firing of one of the blank missiles went slightly astray and headed straight for the east coast of America days before the vote to renew it. This event was surpressed until now when presumably someone with some sort of political motive has decided to leak it to the papers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trident again on 21:26 - Jan 22 with 1396 viewssherpajacob

Trident again on 20:17 - Jan 22 by Jack_Meoff

Init. 'Strawman, strawman, and in case you missed it, strawman.'

He really should have pushed for a simple yes or no.

Here in case anyone hasn't watched, the trident bit from 14.25.

Flipping heck Marr, she was squirming and he completely let's her off

The day today is looking more true to life every day.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Trident again on 21:29 - Jan 22 with 1385 viewsKerouac

Trident again on 21:15 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Nope. No one has said that at all have they? It's a straw man. Two actually.

This is what Ebo posted;

"Theresa Mayhem couldn't answer Andrew Marr when asked about it. All in it together eh? Billions for something we will never use yet can't find a penny for our NHS or other public services that we always use.

It's like telling your family you are skint and going out and buying a Ferarri."

Ebo was urging people on this forum to vote Labour to stop the Tories getting in at the last GE.
Fact 1 - It is Labour party policy to retain Trident
Fact 2 - ...therefore if the Labour party was in government they would not be spending that Trident money on the NHS
Fact 3 - The NHS said they needed £8bn extra to cope and they got it; https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/23/nhs-radical-overhaul-hospitals-8
Fact 4 - Welsh Labour did not increase spending on the Welsh NHS, far from it; https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/01/welsh-nhs-political-wrangle-igno

Not my straw man mate.

...things are getting fukking desperate for Labour supporters if they are reduced to using the navy firing a missile in the wrong direction as a stick to beat Theresa May with.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:30]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Trident again on 21:37 - Jan 22 with 1364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trident again on 21:29 - Jan 22 by Kerouac

This is what Ebo posted;

"Theresa Mayhem couldn't answer Andrew Marr when asked about it. All in it together eh? Billions for something we will never use yet can't find a penny for our NHS or other public services that we always use.

It's like telling your family you are skint and going out and buying a Ferarri."

Ebo was urging people on this forum to vote Labour to stop the Tories getting in at the last GE.
Fact 2 - ...therefore if the Labour party was in government they would not be spending that Trident money on the NHS
Fact 3 - The NHS said they needed £8bn extra to cope and they got it; https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/23/nhs-radical-overhaul-hospitals-8
Fact 4 - Welsh Labour did not increase spending on the Welsh NHS, far from it; https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/01/welsh-nhs-political-wrangle-igno

Not my straw man mate.

...things are getting fukking desperate for Labour supporters if they are reduced to using the navy firing a missile in the wrong direction as a stick to beat Theresa May with.

So where did Ebo suggest that a Labour government would get rid of trident or that Theresa May was personally responsible for the test that went awry? Cos that's what you seem to be claiming he said. He didn't even mention Labour. And now you've just added another three straw men. Impressive Internet work that.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:39]

Poll: Tory leader

Trident again on 21:39 - Jan 22 with 1354 viewssherpajacob

This is what Ebo posted;

Not my straw man mate.

Completely missing the point.

They public expect and frequently get politicians who cock up.

What is never tolerated is a cover up of a cock up.

The question is not whose fault was it that the missile went the wrong way, the question is did the prime minister know about the faulty test when she persuaded parliament to spend billions renewing it

A,question she failed to answer.

Trident again on 21:42 - Jan 22 with 1340 viewsKerouac

Trident again on 21:37 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

So where did Ebo suggest that a Labour government would get rid of trident or that Theresa May was personally responsible for the test that went awry? Cos that's what you seem to be claiming he said. He didn't even mention Labour. And now you've just added another three straw men. Impressive Internet work that.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:39]

Are you claiming his post was not political?
"All in it together eh"
"Theresa Mayhem"
etc.

He DID urge people to vote Labour at the last GE (LAbour government = Trident) yet NOW he makes out that spending our money on trident instead of the NHS is somehow immoral.
Are you telling me you don't see the utter, shameful, hypocrisy?

Nevermind, the rest of the country does.
RIP the Labour Party.

Trident again on 21:44 - Jan 22 with 1335 viewsJack_Meoff

This is what Ebo posted;

Not my straw man mate.

Do you actually read the links you post? Where does it say they 'got' the £8bn in your first link?

From the second link - 'The Westminster coalition’s austerity programme, which Wales’s Labour government says has seen its overall budget fall by 8% in real terms since 2010, has made the difficult task of running the NHS even harder. The Barnett Formula’s intrinsic unfairness to Wales means it is missing out on £300m a year that it deserves and needs, he adds.'

People are questioning our PM on this thread because she didn't answer whether she knew about the trident test before the renewal vote in the Commons. A Commons that clearly wasn't aware of said test.

And I'm not Labour, I don't have any preconceived bias or allegiance, just trying to be objective.

For a supposed Lib Dem you don't half leap to the defence of the Tory party.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Trident again on 21:46 - Jan 22 with 1323 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trident again on 21:42 - Jan 22 by Kerouac

"All in it together eh"
"Theresa Mayhem"
etc.

He DID urge people to vote Labour at the last GE (LAbour government = Trident) yet NOW he makes out that spending our money on trident instead of the NHS is somehow immoral.

RIP the Labour Party.

I'm not claiming anything. His post was self explanatory. You just made a whole load of stuff up so you could knock down your own straw men. Good stuff, it's what the internet is for. I found it vaguely amusing, more so with each post you make. You are an angry man.

Poll: Tory leader

Trident again on 21:47 - Jan 22 with 1322 viewsJack_Meoff

"All in it together eh"
"Theresa Mayhem"
etc.

RIP the Labour Party.

You have to be a f*cking paid shill. No one can be so stupid as to post that b*llocks and actually believe it.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:48]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Trident again on 22:00 - Jan 22 with 1287 viewsKerouac

Trident again on 21:39 - Jan 22 by sherpajacob

Completely missing the point.

They public expect and frequently get politicians who cock up.

What is never tolerated is a cover up of a cock up.

The question is not whose fault was it that the missile went the wrong way, the question is did the prime minister know about the faulty test when she persuaded parliament to spend billions renewing it

A,question she failed to answer.

That is utter bollocks...and I speak as an Army Brat who grew up in a military environment surrounded by military soldiers and officers.
Shite goes wrong in military exercises all the time. It is for the military to assess what works and what they need and the government to decide on how much of what they need we can afford.
If they want Trident and set it at the top (or very near the top) of their wishlist...and the 2 largest political parties support a policy of this country remaining a nuclear power then it gets funded.
There is absolutely no fukking need whatsoever for anyone outside the military to get involved with the success or failure of military tests

...it is like saying;
"Did the Prime minister know about, and inform parliament of, the unsuccessful trial of cancer drugs before parliament approved the budget increase for cancer research in the NHS?
We should spend that money on Social Services and Pensioners instead"

The NHS knows what they need.
Just as the military knows what it needs.

This is being whipped up by desperate Labour Party supporters who are desperately casting around for something to attack Theresa May with as their own vote crumbles.

Trident again on 22:11 - Jan 22 with 1276 viewsDarran

"All in it together eh"
"Theresa Mayhem"
etc.

RIP the Labour Party.

Yeah but come on Ebos a nutjob.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trident again on 22:23 - Jan 22 with 1257 viewsKerouac

Trident again on 21:44 - Jan 22 by Jack_Meoff

Do you actually read the links you post? Where does it say they 'got' the £8bn in your first link?

From the second link - 'The Westminster coalition’s austerity programme, which Wales’s Labour government says has seen its overall budget fall by 8% in real terms since 2010, has made the difficult task of running the NHS even harder. The Barnett Formula’s intrinsic unfairness to Wales means it is missing out on £300m a year that it deserves and needs, he adds.'

People are questioning our PM on this thread because she didn't answer whether she knew about the trident test before the renewal vote in the Commons. A Commons that clearly wasn't aware of said test.

And I'm not Labour, I don't have any preconceived bias or allegiance, just trying to be objective.

For a supposed Lib Dem you don't half leap to the defence of the Tory party.

I'm for attacking the Tory party on solid ground, not bollocks like Ebo comes out with.

...or for that matter the shite that you come out with.
The whole of the UK had to make austerity cuts. Everybody's budget was smaller.
WELSH LABOUR opted not to protect the NHS in Wales rather than make cuts elsewhere (there were choices to be made, they made that choice...they need to take responsibility for making that choice and justify why they did. That would be mature. What is not mature is making that choice and then crying about how the Tories made them do it).
They also supported retaining Trident.
We can't therefore be tolerating people who told us to vote Labour at the last election to GET AWAY with such bollocks as "We should be spending the Trident money on the NHS".

If Labour had won the last election we would still have Trident and that missile would still have been fired the wrong way.
In that scenario if Tory supporters were on here declaring this to be a scandal, "why wasn't parliament informed!", and claiming that we should be spending the Trident money on the NHS I would be standing up for Miliband and pointing out Tory hypocrisy just the same.

It's this nonsense...this utter hypocrisy...that people have seen through and why the Labour party is in such trouble.
They need to argue the toss with the Tories on areas of policy they actually disagree on.

Trident again on 22:47 - Jan 22 with 1225 viewsKilkennyjack

Trident again on 22:23 - Jan 22 by Kerouac

I'm for attacking the Tory party on solid ground, not bollocks like Ebo comes out with.

WELSH LABOUR opted not to protect the NHS in Wales rather than make cuts elsewhere (there were choices to be made, they made that choice...they need to take responsibility for making that choice and justify why they did. That would be mature. What is not mature is making that choice and then crying about how the Tories made them do it).
We can't therefore be tolerating people who told us to vote Labour at the last election to GET AWAY with such bollocks as "We should be spending the Trident money on the NHS".

If Labour had won the last election we would still have Trident and that missile would still have been fired the wrong way.
In that scenario if Tory supporters were on here declaring this to be a scandal, "why wasn't parliament informed!", and claiming that we should be spending the Trident money on the NHS I would be standing up for Miliband and pointing out Tory hypocrisy just the same.

It's this nonsense...this utter hypocrisy...that people have seen through and why the Labour party is in such trouble.
They need to argue the toss with the Tories on areas of policy they actually disagree on.

Why didn't she answer the question ?

We will have to make our own minds up then.

Beware of the Risen People

Trident again on 00:24 - Jan 23 with 1158 viewsJack_Meoff

Trident again on 22:23 - Jan 22 by Kerouac

Austerity was and is an ideological choice Kez. The money 'saved' has been f*cking brilliant in increasing our national debt since 2010.

No one said about spending Trident money on the NHS; the point made was that there was apparently no money for the NHS but enough for Trident renewal. You twisted those words to suit your own agenda.

And I may come out with shite (and often do, particularly of a weekend after some pinot grigio), but I have no agenda, unlike yourself. You achingly tiresome troll.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 0:31]

Trident again on 00:45 - Jan 23 with 1126 viewsEbo

Trident again on 00:24 - Jan 23 by Jack_Meoff

Austerity was and is an ideological choice Kez. The money 'saved' has been f*cking brilliant in increasing our national debt since 2010.

No one said about spending Trident money on the NHS; the point made was that there was apparently no money for the NHS but enough for Trident renewal. You twisted those words to suit your own agenda.

And I may come out with shite (and often do, particularly of a weekend after some pinot grigio), but I have no agenda, unlike yourself. You achingly tiresome troll.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 0:31]

Kerouac has an unhealthy obsession with me. He needs help. I only saw his response as i was not logged in, I have him on ignore as he gives me a migraine and I haven't the energy to argue with the mad c*nt.

I made a simple analogy about the fact that the government says that we have to tighten our belts yet goes out of it's way to waste billions on this rubbish. Hence the Ferarri comparison.

But you crack on in your angry little world son.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Trident again on 00:58 - Jan 23 with 1112 viewsGroo

Trident again on 00:45 - Jan 23 by Ebo

Kerouac has an unhealthy obsession with me. He needs help. I only saw his response as i was not logged in, I have him on ignore as he gives me a migraine and I haven't the energy to argue with the mad c*nt.

I made a simple analogy about the fact that the government says that we have to tighten our belts yet goes out of it's way to waste billions on this rubbish. Hence the Ferarri comparison.

and as I said above, Britain has signed committments to NATO on defence expenditure, Trident falls within that, if they didn't spend on Trident it would be spent on other military equipment.

Now maybe there maybe arguments for more ships and aircraft etc, but who am I to know, nowadays less appears more, the more expensive high tech equipment is more powerdul then lots of less advanced equipment.

Its a wonder your not all saying how crap the latest fighter jets Britain are buying and what a waste of money they are after they supposedly lost dogfights with F-16's. Perhaps that money could be spent on sheep farming.

Groo does what Groo does best

Trident again on 01:15 - Jan 23 with 1321 viewsHumpty

Trident again on 00:45 - Jan 23 by Ebo

Bollocks. Kerouac is right. You are the Labour party.

Quite how I haven't worked out yet. But you are. Kerouac said.
Trident again on 07:23 - Jan 23 with 1281 viewsDr_Winston

If it doesn't work then that's exactly why we need a new one.

And we'll have it in Milford Haven if the Jocks don't want it any more. Thousands of skilled and well paid jobs in West Wales. Lovely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trident again on 09:38 - Jan 23 with 1255 viewssherpajacob

Trident again on 20:59 - Jan 22 by Groo

You guys think if Trident was cancelled that money would go on Health?

It's all within our agreed national spend with NATO, if it was cancelled the money would go on something else to maintain Britains committment.

Point taken that it comes out of the defence budget.

I feel the money could be better spent elsewhere though.

With Mrs May's stated economic and foreign policy, we are going to need a few more gunboats.

Trident again on 11:49 - Jan 23 with 1229 viewsdailew

Trident again on 20:59 - Jan 22 by Groo

You guys think if Trident was cancelled that money would go on Health?

It's all within our agreed national spend with NATO, if it was cancelled the money would go on something else to maintain Britains committment.

Do you mean the 2% of GDP "guideline"?

22 of the 27 NATO countries are below that. Many of them at about half that level and have probably been there for decades.

So you'd want us to keep to that level instead of using the money to tackle the under-funded health service or the 2 million strong council housing waiting list while other countries simply ignore the guidelines.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Trident again on 12:02 - Jan 23 with 1221 viewsdailew

Just found out William Onyeabor died last week.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Trident again on 13:09 - Jan 23 with 1186 viewslonglostjack

Trident again on 11:49 - Jan 23 by dailew

22 of the 27 NATO countries are below that. Many of them at about half that level and have probably been there for decades.

So you'd want us to keep to that level instead of using the money to tackle the under-funded health service or the 2 million strong council housing waiting list while other countries simply ignore the guidelines.

It's also completely arbitrary as to what is included in that figure eg salaries and pension liabilities in some countries and not others. Dai Con wanted to include the cost of the intelligence services in there too if I remember correctly. A significant chunk of the UK spending is taken up by Trident and if they didn't want to redirect all of it to health and social services, they could spend some of the savings on making sure that soldiers are supplied with proper equipment before being sent into areas of conflict.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trident again on 13:22 - Jan 23 with 1176 viewstrampie

What would be good for an independent Wales on the one hand and what would be good for a united UK are two totally different things.

I have heard it said that an independent Wales would not require the bomb as everybody loves the Welsh, but a united UK would need the bomb as it might have made a few enemies over the years and a deterrent is required.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Trident again on 14:04 - Jan 23 with 1147 viewsEbo

Trident again on 01:15 - Jan 23 by Humpty

Bollocks. Kerouac is right. You are the Labour party.

Quite how I haven't worked out yet. But you are. Kerouac said.

Humpty - ??????

Another angry voice. Crack on.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Trident again on 14:07 - Jan 23 with 1138 viewsKerouac

Trident again on 13:22 - Jan 23 by trampie

What would be good for an independent Wales on the one hand and what would be good for a united UK are two totally different things.

I have heard it said that an independent Wales would not require the bomb as everybody loves the Welsh, but a united UK would need the bomb as it might have made a few enemies over the years and a deterrent is required.

You have the political sophistication of a 3 year old, fair play.

Trident again on 14:14 - Jan 23 with 1130 viewsKerouac

Trident again on 11:49 - Jan 23 by dailew

It's funny, because since Putin has been making some moves those countries you describe seem mighty keen on those who have been investing in defence and not shirking our responsibilities to put our troops and tanks etc. between them and the Russians.

You think that is the way to go do you?
...and in the event of Russian invasion or the Turks kicking off, why the fukk should Americans send their sons to die for the arrogant, feckless, European scroungers who put themselves in such a dire situation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024