Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin admits driving offence 15:06 - Feb 15 with 5426 viewsDarran

What am I missing here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4226984/Cyclist-hit-footballer-needed-op

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 1084 viewsLeonWasGod

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 11:42 - Feb 16 by Pegojack

This.

In response to Neath Jack's post, I am a very experienced car driver who pays the appropriate car tax and insurance. I am also a cyclist, alternating between bike and car to commute to work, depending on weather, etc.

When I drive, I show the utmost consideration to cyclists, because I know what it's like on a bike.

When I cycle, I am constantly amazed at a minority of idiot car drivers who see nothing wrong in passing me at about 60 mph on a straight country lane without making any effort to move out to give me some 'safety' space. Maybe they think it's a laugh, or macho, or maybe they don't think at all, which is sadly probably closest to the truth.

Maybe they need to think about how THEIR life could be ruined by just a moment's inattention, a bike striking a pothole and veering, a dog running out - a hundred and one other possible causes of an accident in which they plow into a cyclist.

Let's all try and be considerate to other road users, whether we're on a bike or behind a steering wheel.

Yep, same here. I'm definitely very aware of cyclists and other vulnerable users as I know what it's like to be in their shoes (and it's not pleasant round here).
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 12:21 - Feb 16 with 1052 viewstrampie

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 11:25 - Feb 16 by sherpajacob

Why should anyone pay a tax that was abolished in 1937?

Vehicle excise duty, is based on how polluting the vehicle is, my father in law pays £0 ved for his renault zoe.

In my experience most car drivers are considerate when passing cyclists, it's the ignorant ones who don't understand how VED works, who usually also don't know the highway code and are a danger to other road users such as cyclists, motorcycles, horse riders and anybody else not in a car or van.

Most cyclists and motorcyclists are also car drivers and imho it makes them safer motorists

There are many nutters out there using the roads, many dangerous motorists but if generalising I would say motorcyclists are the worst of the lot.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:30 - Feb 16 with 987 viewscontroversial_jack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:43 - Feb 15 by Darran

WTF are asking me for?

I posted to the thread, must have replied to you by mistake
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:33 - Feb 16 with 986 viewscontroversial_jack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:31 - Feb 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Perhaps he was advised to admit to that lesser charge which simply carries a £30 fine and a speed awareness course, rather than risk going to court on anything more serious in the future.

I get that, but it's a huge con really.
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:21 - Feb 16 with 955 viewsNeath_Jack

Of course there are w@nker car and motor bike drivers, no one has denied that.

Make more cycle tracks and ban the ignorant gets from the roads, do us all a favour. Riding two abreast through busy towns and villages where cars struggle to get past without those boneheads riding like that. And don't bother telling me that it's recommended that they ride this way, there's absolutely no need for it at all.

Oh and my favourite bit, blokes in their 40's/50's/60's wearing all that skin tight lycra with f*cking sponsors all over it, loving f*ck, have you seen how ridiculous they look? Mate, you're going for a ride around Port Talbot, not the Tour de f*cking France! That's akin to me putting a full Swansea kit on, to go and have a kick about up the park.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:36 - Feb 16 with 939 viewssherpajacob

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:21 - Feb 16 by Neath_Jack

Make more cycle tracks and ban the ignorant gets from the roads, do us all a favour. Riding two abreast through busy towns and villages where cars struggle to get past without those boneheads riding like that. And don't bother telling me that it's recommended that they ride this way, there's absolutely no need for it at all.

Oh and my favourite bit, blokes in their 40's/50's/60's wearing all that skin tight lycra with f*cking sponsors all over it, loving f*ck, have you seen how ridiculous they look? Mate, you're going for a ride around Port Talbot, not the Tour de f*cking France! That's akin to me putting a full Swansea kit on, to go and have a kick about up the park.

Cycling 2 abreast is safer for the car drivers who are overtaking, as you spend less time overtaking.

If it's a busy town or village the cyclists average speed is probably equal to or faster than a cars average speed anyway. Why overtake when the cyclist will only catch you at the next traffic light or junction.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 19:38 - Feb 16 with 906 viewsNeath_Jack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:36 - Feb 16 by sherpajacob

Cycling 2 abreast is safer for the car drivers who are overtaking, as you spend less time overtaking.

If it's a busy town or village the cyclists average speed is probably equal to or faster than a cars average speed anyway. Why overtake when the cyclist will only catch you at the next traffic light or junction.

The operative word being "large groups", and that video is out on a quiet, country road, not a busy town or village.

Why overtake the cyclist? Because i'm generally going somewhere and not out for a meaningless drive about. So you want everyone to just chug along behind a cyclist at approx 20mph? That's exactly the attitude of selfish cyclists that i'm talking about.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 19:46 - Feb 16 with 896 viewsswanjackal

Not going to lie, when I feel low I can watch this video, and I suddenly don't feel so bad....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 21:54 - Feb 16 with 860 viewssherpajacob

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 19:38 - Feb 16 by Neath_Jack

The operative word being "large groups", and that video is out on a quiet, country road, not a busy town or village.

Why overtake the cyclist? Because i'm generally going somewhere and not out for a meaningless drive about. So you want everyone to just chug along behind a cyclist at approx 20mph? That's exactly the attitude of selfish cyclists that i'm talking about.

How fast do you drive through busy towns and villages?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 14:07 - Feb 17 with 795 viewspencoedjack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 20:48 - Feb 15 by Neath_Jack

The majority of cyclists i pass everyday are a pain in the f*cking ringpiece.

Cyclists should have a licence to cycle on the roads, and pay road tax.

I agree

When the t wats cycle and talk 2 wide I believe you should be allowed to drive over the one on the outside.

They have just spent around half a million on a cycle path that runs palallel to a dual carriageway close to me and still the fukers ride on the road.

Cyclists are not far behind Basseys in people to dislike IMO
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 14:30 - Feb 17 with 779 viewsPegojack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:21 - Feb 16 by Neath_Jack

[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 16:03]
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 14:54 - Feb 17 with 766 viewsNeath_Jack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 21:54 - Feb 16 by sherpajacob

How fast do you drive through busy towns and villages?

It depends on the weather, time of day, how wide the road is, many variables. But being stuck behind a group of selfish cyclists shouldn't be one of them.

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 19:59 - Feb 17 with 709 viewswaynekerr55

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 11:17 - Feb 16 by Darran

So if you own a car and then buy a motorcycle you don't have to tax the motorcycle because you've already taxed the car?

What a load of bollox many cyclists are cuńts and have no respect for the rules and before you say car drivers are the same I've never seen a car sneaking through the inside on a red light whilst all the other cars are waiting for the lights to change like I see cyclists doing everyday.

There's most definitely cuńts out there driving cars too but people who always stick up for cyclists with your pithy reply are in denial.

FWIW I cycle close to the pavement and allow motorists to over take me. I also walk across Hitchin hill roundabout and push my bike as the cars go too fast and I'd cause conjestion. You should also ride defensively to stay safe.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 20:02 - Feb 17 with 701 viewsSnakePlissken

I don't mind cyclists. I just hate full kit w@nker cyclists
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024