Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36920 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 07:45 - May 2 with 904 viewsblueytheblue

Something you are told?

Bloody hell, it's Nick Robinson from the BBC everyone!

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 08:30 - May 2 with 877 viewspikeypaul

General Election on 00:02 - May 2 by Ebo

Something very big could be breaking in a day or two regarding HSBC and the Cons, something I am told could eclipse the election fraud scandal by miles.

Well there share value has risen 1/2 % this morning.

So it must only Ebo and his mates that know about this scandal.

I call BS, and the next two days will tells us for sure.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

General Election on 08:45 - May 2 with 874 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 07:45 - May 2 by blueytheblue

Something you are told?

Bloody hell, it's Nick Robinson from the BBC everyone!

Stop sticking up for the Tories etc.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 08:54 - May 2 with 872 viewsblueytheblue

Abbott: "Well, erm. If we recruit the 10,000 policemen over a 4-year period, we believe it will be about £300,000.” Which then became 80m. So Labour committed to raise pay by paying coppers 8k per year...

There you go. Labour policy is to increase the number of police officers, but it's ok, it'll just cost a few quid. Honest.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 8:56]

General Election on 09:36 - May 2 with 850 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 08:54 - May 2 by blueytheblue

Abbott: "Well, erm. If we recruit the 10,000 policemen over a 4-year period, we believe it will be about £300,000.” Which then became 80m. So Labour committed to raise pay by paying coppers 8k per year...

There you go. Labour policy is to increase the number of police officers, but it's ok, it'll just cost a few quid. Honest.

I nearly made a comment based on her inability to count and calorie intake, but I thought it better not to.

This general election is fast becoming a choice between chlamydia and VD

General Election on 09:41 - May 2 with 848 viewsperchrockjack

Abbott wanting more Police ? What to stop search harrassed black people.

rofl

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

General Election on 11:54 - May 2 with 823 viewsblueytheblue

I can remember the days when Labour complained that the biased media weren't discussing their policies.

I can now see why Labour wouldn't want the media covering their policies...

General Election on 12:25 - May 2 with 809 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 11:54 - May 2 by blueytheblue

I can remember the days when Labour complained that the biased media weren't discussing their policies.

I can now see why Labour wouldn't want the media covering their policies...

Tory scum etc. etc.

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 12:52 - May 2 with 795 viewsNeath_Jack

I see Wayne has found a new pair of arse cheeks, to rest his aching tongue.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

General Election on 13:28 - May 2 with 782 viewslonglostjack

With such a grasp for numbers I'd say she's ideally suited for a job at Cardiff FC.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

General Election on 13:29 - May 2 with 781 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 12:52 - May 2 by Neath_Jack

I see Wayne has found a new pair of arse cheeks, to rest his aching tongue.

Give me a chance, mun.

I'd gladly give you a rim jaw for a Mars bar

General Election on 13:36 - May 2 with 766 viewsperchrockjack

Mars bars?

What a fookn cheek

That was simply down to Marianne FAithfull and Keith being peckish

General Election on 13:39 - May 2 with 765 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/02/labours-police-promise-tatters-diane-

And this is seen as a genuine alternative

Seriously, we're fooked. Or as Perchie said "our country is feed"

General Election on 13:41 - May 2 with 760 viewsperchrockjack

Regional dialect ,good friend.

Can we pop round later for afternoon tea and home made cakes

General Election on 13:46 - May 2 with 758 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 13:41 - May 2 by perchrockjack

Regional dialect ,good friend.

Can we pop round later for afternoon tea and home made cakes

You will be more than welcome to join us in sunny Herts. The kitchen needs doing and hopefully work will commence in the summer, fingers crossed!

General Election on 13:49 - May 2 with 757 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks friend

Will be catching up with friend this summer

Both will be happy to see me

General Election on 18:13 - May 2 with 712 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 13:28 - May 2 by longlostjack

With such a grasp for numbers I'd say she's ideally suited for a job at Cardiff FC.

We've improved our financial management.

Labour on the other hand...

Corbyn's intervention makes things worse. Claiming the actual figure is £300m. Ok, 10,000 new police officers means average salary £30k. Ignoring regional variations, that figure misses out on the fact the true cost of permanent employees is a lot higher than just the salary. If that £300m is the *total* amount spent on 10,000 employees then salaries will be a lot less than on average £30k... if the £300m is for 10,000 officers on an average of £30k, well, the Labour figure hasn't been costed correctly as it ignores the cost of employing permies...

So Corbyn has "rescued" Abbott by giving a "costed" figure which simply doesn't stand up on it's own merits...

General Election on 18:50 - May 2 with 689 viewsjohnlangy

She said £300 million.
General Election on 18:58 - May 2 with 680 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 18:50 - May 2 by johnlangy

She said £300 million.

She said 300k.

She then said 80m.

That was clear on the LBC interview recording.

Corbyn later stated 300m - which seems low.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/listen-to-diane-abbott-full-lbc-interview-police-o

At no point during that interview does Abbott state "£300m".

Anybody listening to the interview sees her excuse of "mis spoke" is garbage - she goes from 10k officers to 25k officers per year making a total of 100k to then going back to 10k... and later refers to recruiting 250k officers ( whilst then claiming the host said the 250k figure not her! ).

10k officers would be needed to attend that car wreck of an interview.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 19:07]

General Election on 19:00 - May 2 with 674 viewsJango

General Election on 18:13 - May 2 by blueytheblue

We've improved our financial management.

Labour on the other hand...

Corbyn's intervention makes things worse. Claiming the actual figure is £300m. Ok, 10,000 new police officers means average salary £30k. Ignoring regional variations, that figure misses out on the fact the true cost of permanent employees is a lot higher than just the salary. If that £300m is the *total* amount spent on 10,000 employees then salaries will be a lot less than on average £30k... if the £300m is for 10,000 officers on an average of £30k, well, the Labour figure hasn't been costed correctly as it ignores the cost of employing permies...

So Corbyn has "rescued" Abbott by giving a "costed" figure which simply doesn't stand up on it's own merits...

10000 new officers. Seens as new police in England and Wales start off on between £19k - £21k then the numbers don't sound too bad. I see your buddy May has been refusing questions and cameras yet again today.
General Election on 19:02 - May 2 with 669 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 18:50 - May 2 by johnlangy

She said £300 million.

Not at the start she didn't, although she did correct the obvious mistake pretty quickly. Mind, she then went on to throw a few other figures around while all the while shuffling the briefing papers she clearly hadn't read in an effort to locate the right answer. 5LIVE just played the interview, it was a painful listen. Even the interviewer sounded embarrassed. Dianne Abbot is so far out of her depth in front bench politics it's unreal.

Talking about being out of your depth, I see Theresa May has hit upon another sound bite ("bloody difficult woman") that she'll no doubt pound to within an inch of its very existence. The campaign hasn't officially begun yet and it's already the worst election campaign I can remember. It may even end up topping the unremitting awfulness of last year's referendum campaign.

Poll: Tory leader

General Election on 19:08 - May 2 with 659 viewsPozuelosSideys

General Election on 19:02 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Not at the start she didn't, although she did correct the obvious mistake pretty quickly. Mind, she then went on to throw a few other figures around while all the while shuffling the briefing papers she clearly hadn't read in an effort to locate the right answer. 5LIVE just played the interview, it was a painful listen. Even the interviewer sounded embarrassed. Dianne Abbot is so far out of her depth in front bench politics it's unreal.

Talking about being out of your depth, I see Theresa May has hit upon another sound bite ("bloody difficult woman") that she'll no doubt pound to within an inch of its very existence. The campaign hasn't officially begun yet and it's already the worst election campaign I can remember. It may even end up topping the unremitting awfulness of last year's referendum campaign.

She is meant to be a bloody difficult woman though. Surely what you want going out to bat for you?

Anyway, £300m is still wrong. That covers base salary at £30k a pop. What about all the other stuff. Employer contributions, pensions, equipment. multiply that by 4 and you cover the rough cost outlay for adding 10,000 cops. Its just poor prepwork really. No excuse for that.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

General Election on 19:09 - May 2 with 659 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 19:00 - May 2 by Jango

10000 new officers. Seens as new police in England and Wales start off on between £19k - £21k then the numbers don't sound too bad. I see your buddy May has been refusing questions and cameras yet again today.

Ok, say 20k average. 10k new officers making a total of 200m.

What are the associated costs with permies? The 300m figure seems low as a result.

Deflect all you want - Labour wanted to talk about policies. Abbott has confirmed policies aren't costed particularly well.

General Election on 19:10 - May 2 with 655 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 19:08 - May 2 by PozuelosSideys

She is meant to be a bloody difficult woman though. Surely what you want going out to bat for you?

Anyway, £300m is still wrong. That covers base salary at £30k a pop. What about all the other stuff. Employer contributions, pensions, equipment. multiply that by 4 and you cover the rough cost outlay for adding 10,000 cops. Its just poor prepwork really. No excuse for that.

It goes to show that Labour simply don't understand business. They don't grasp the costs associated with employing people.

General Election on 19:12 - May 2 with 652 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 19:08 - May 2 by PozuelosSideys

I'm not vouching for Abbot and her figures. The interview was a shambles.

As for May, I'm sure she is bloody difficult. Especially when she hasn't got her top lines and briefing papers with her. I'm not sure she can get through Brexit negotiations repeating soundbites but she'll give it a go no doubt.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024