Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36967 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 19:14 - May 2 with 957 viewsPozuelosSideys

General Election on 19:12 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not vouching for Abbot and her figures. The interview was a shambles.

As for May, I'm sure she is bloody difficult. Especially when she hasn't got her top lines and briefing papers with her. I'm not sure she can get through Brexit negotiations repeating soundbites but she'll give it a go no doubt.

Think shes the best of a bad bunch then, or you reckon there are other, better alternatives? Genuine question..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

General Election on 19:23 - May 2 with 954 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 19:14 - May 2 by PozuelosSideys

Think shes the best of a bad bunch then, or you reckon there are other, better alternatives? Genuine question..

Genuine answer, I'd rather we weren't embarking on this fool's errand at all. May will win and win handsomely enough that she'll have complete control over what Brexit ends up being with no recourse to or need to worry about Parliament at all. That's a lot of unchecked power in the hands of the executive in what will be the most seismic change the UK has seen for generations. And that's not even taking into account the massive and unprecedented power grab that is the "Grear Repeal Bill". I have absolutely no confidence in the Tories to do what's best for anyone other than the Tory party, which is why we're having this election in the first place.

Labour offers no alternative and I'd have no more faith in a Corbyn led government than I would in a May led one.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 19:24]

Poll: Tory leader

General Election on 19:31 - May 2 with 943 viewsPozuelosSideys

General Election on 19:23 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Genuine answer, I'd rather we weren't embarking on this fool's errand at all. May will win and win handsomely enough that she'll have complete control over what Brexit ends up being with no recourse to or need to worry about Parliament at all. That's a lot of unchecked power in the hands of the executive in what will be the most seismic change the UK has seen for generations. And that's not even taking into account the massive and unprecedented power grab that is the "Grear Repeal Bill". I have absolutely no confidence in the Tories to do what's best for anyone other than the Tory party, which is why we're having this election in the first place.

Labour offers no alternative and I'd have no more faith in a Corbyn led government than I would in a May led one.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 19:24]

The longest "no comment" ive seen for a while ;)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

General Election on 19:35 - May 2 with 937 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 19:31 - May 2 by PozuelosSideys

The longest "no comment" ive seen for a while ;)

I've often thought about moving from the civil service into politics proper.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 19:36]

General Election on 19:40 - May 2 with 923 viewsJango

General Election on 19:10 - May 2 by blueytheblue

It goes to show that Labour simply don't understand business. They don't grasp the costs associated with employing people.

quite ironic that you knock labour for not grasping the cost of things associated with running the country when the Tories have failed miserably with their pledge of reducing the countries debt, actually making it far worse.
General Election on 19:42 - May 2 with 910 viewsperchrockjack

Remarkable honesty Andrew.

I just feel sick we re having this election at all but we have to truly arrogant cock Cameron to thank for that. That referendum ,in my opinion, could be catastrophic

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

General Election on 19:45 - May 2 with 904 viewsNeathJack

General Election on 19:10 - May 2 by blueytheblue

It goes to show that Labour simply don't understand business. They don't grasp the costs associated with employing people.

Except it's not 10,000 more police instantly in one go, it's over 5 years therefore the whole costs associated with employing people are not in year 1,2,3 or 4.
General Election on 19:46 - May 2 with 903 viewsrock1n

Diane Abbott epitomises labour politics.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 19:53 - May 2 with 892 viewspikeypaul

General Election on 19:46 - May 2 by rock1n

Diane Abbott epitomises labour politics.

Dark and ugly.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

General Election on 19:53 - May 2 with 891 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 19:40 - May 2 by Jango

quite ironic that you knock labour for not grasping the cost of things associated with running the country when the Tories have failed miserably with their pledge of reducing the countries debt, actually making it far worse.

Labour are the ones stating nobody talks abut their properly costed policies... and then Abbott opens her mouth...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 19:55 - May 2 with 884 viewsperchrockjack

She epitomises Labour policians from London using good people to further her career.

Vehemently anti police ,to suggest she wants more " bobbies on the bear" ...a laughable phrase , is sickening in its cynical posturing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

General Election on 09:34 - May 3 with 789 viewssherpajacob

George Osborn in the evening standard.

"There’s nothing wrong with repeating election campaign slogans; the problem comes when the election campaign amounts to no more than a slogan. If you ask for a blank cheque, don’t be surprised if later it bounces."

Still over a month to go, and whilst it seems unlikely to be anything other than a,Tory victory, people are already getting fed up with the ad nauseam SS leadership position.

Be interesting to see if May has anything further to say or will just keep repeating. SS, SS, SS.

A few London Tory MPs might start sweating if the evening standard carries on in this vein.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

General Election on 10:09 - May 3 with 777 viewsShaky

May's excuse for bunking off on the televised debates, was that she much preferred taking her campaign directly to the people and the doorstep.

And sure enough yesterday she was out campaigning on a council estate in Bristol, full of the good, honest proletariat.

Sadly they were all barred from the meeting, with the audience instead comprising solely of the now familiar brand of sycophantic Tory activists, bussed in from surrounding areas.

Shame on them for perpetrating this sham.

And it would have been, had it not been for Dianne fcuking Abbot. Indeed the defining characteristic of Labour's front bench campaign team is that when faced with an open goal like over the regressive nature of VAT adversely affecting the worst off, they trip over themselves and veer off before impaling themselves through the heart on the corner flag.

All progressives should earnestly hope they get absolutely crushed in the local election so Corbyn might resign in a momentary flash of self-awareness.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Theresa May accused of hiding from voters on Bristol visit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/theresa-may-liberal-democrats-d
[Post edited 3 May 2017 10:14]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

General Election on 10:25 - May 3 with 763 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 09:34 - May 3 by sherpajacob

George Osborn in the evening standard.

"There’s nothing wrong with repeating election campaign slogans; the problem comes when the election campaign amounts to no more than a slogan. If you ask for a blank cheque, don’t be surprised if later it bounces."

Still over a month to go, and whilst it seems unlikely to be anything other than a,Tory victory, people are already getting fed up with the ad nauseam SS leadership position.

Be interesting to see if May has anything further to say or will just keep repeating. SS, SS, SS.

A few London Tory MPs might start sweating if the evening standard carries on in this vein.

You mean Georgey boy, fired by May has an axe to grind?

Colour me highly surprised.

General Election on 11:06 - May 3 with 748 viewsKerouac

General Election on 10:09 - May 3 by Shaky

May's excuse for bunking off on the televised debates, was that she much preferred taking her campaign directly to the people and the doorstep.

And sure enough yesterday she was out campaigning on a council estate in Bristol, full of the good, honest proletariat.

Sadly they were all barred from the meeting, with the audience instead comprising solely of the now familiar brand of sycophantic Tory activists, bussed in from surrounding areas.

Shame on them for perpetrating this sham.

And it would have been, had it not been for Dianne fcuking Abbot. Indeed the defining characteristic of Labour's front bench campaign team is that when faced with an open goal like over the regressive nature of VAT adversely affecting the worst off, they trip over themselves and veer off before impaling themselves through the heart on the corner flag.

All progressives should earnestly hope they get absolutely crushed in the local election so Corbyn might resign in a momentary flash of self-awareness.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Theresa May accused of hiding from voters on Bristol visit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/theresa-may-liberal-democrats-d
[Post edited 3 May 2017 10:14]

A sure sign you are in la-la-land is if you take what the Guardian has to say seriously...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/18/general-election-coup-mps-

A coup? Turning democracy against itself?
The mental contortions to try and make reality fit the narrative is f-u-c-k-i-n-g amazing.

"Theresa May is a disgrace-she called an Election because she rejects the idea of an Opposition in our democracy.We are not some dictatorship" - Chuka Umunna

F*ck me with a fish fork!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

General Election on 11:14 - May 3 with 742 viewsLohengrin

General Election on 11:06 - May 3 by Kerouac

A sure sign you are in la-la-land is if you take what the Guardian has to say seriously...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/18/general-election-coup-mps-

The mental contortions to try and make reality fit the narrative is f-u-c-k-i-n-g amazing.

"Theresa May is a disgrace-she called an Election because she rejects the idea of an Opposition in our democracy.We are not some dictatorship" - Chuka Umunna

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

General Election on 11:52 - May 3 with 727 viewssherpajacob

General Election on 10:25 - May 3 by blueytheblue

You mean Georgey boy, fired by May has an axe to grind?

Colour me highly surprised.

Just saying Theresa May SS leader, is very good at making enemies,

At some point, it may be a while off, she'll make one enemy too many.

The tory party are pretty ruthless at this sort of thing,

She is pushing through grammar schools to keep Graham Brady happy, because he got her the job. If she has to backtrack on that, and loses his support, then she's in trouble.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

General Election on 11:57 - May 3 with 724 viewsrock1n

People forget most tory MP's were remain

The tory party is better at unifying because unlike labour they like power. But if it goes south Theresa will be for the chop, the tories run things like a business there's no pussy footing around like labour
[Post edited 3 May 2017 11:57]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

General Election on 12:14 - May 3 with 714 viewsLeonWasGod

General Election on 11:06 - May 3 by Kerouac

It's true though about May only being prepared to perform infront of selected audiences - it' all about the photo opportunity. Bliar was the same. She will not meet 'the people' because she doesn't need to. Every time Labour open their mouths they hang themselves.

It sensible from the point of view of retaining power, but quite sad that our Prime Minister doesn't feel the need to genuinely engage with the public. It shows the contempt they have for us and re-emphasises that this is all all a game, where winning and power is more important than us or our country(ies) (in case we needed any more examples).

Chuka Umunna is a space cadet if that comment is anything to go by. It's hardly May's fault that they can't organise a p1ss up in brewery.
General Election on 12:18 - May 3 with 708 viewsyescomeon

The longer this campaign goes on the worse it'll get for the Tories. Still think they'll win, but this landslide is turning into a few lose pebbles rolling down a hill. The more I see of May on this campaign, the less I like her and I didn't like her to begin with. In my view Corbyn is starting to look better just by default. He's taken such a hammering in the press that he can't go any lower, with May's popularity declining the net result is Corbyn looking better. The tories are as much a mess as labour I bet, just far better at hiding it.

Upthecity!

General Election on 17:59 - May 3 with 671 viewsjohnlangy

General Election on 19:02 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Not at the start she didn't, although she did correct the obvious mistake pretty quickly. Mind, she then went on to throw a few other figures around while all the while shuffling the briefing papers she clearly hadn't read in an effort to locate the right answer. 5LIVE just played the interview, it was a painful listen. Even the interviewer sounded embarrassed. Dianne Abbot is so far out of her depth in front bench politics it's unreal.

Talking about being out of your depth, I see Theresa May has hit upon another sound bite ("bloody difficult woman") that she'll no doubt pound to within an inch of its very existence. The campaign hasn't officially begun yet and it's already the worst election campaign I can remember. It may even end up topping the unremitting awfulness of last year's referendum campaign.

She said £300 million in the interview I saw.
General Election on 18:02 - May 3 with 666 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 17:59 - May 3 by johnlangy

She said £300 million in the interview I saw.

She didn't say £300m in the LBC interview, which was the point.

Then again, Abbott did say it was the sixth interview of seven, which in Abbott speak meant it was probably the second of three interviews.

General Election on 18:43 - May 3 with 648 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 18:02 - May 3 by blueytheblue

She didn't say £300m in the LBC interview, which was the point.

Then again, Abbott did say it was the sixth interview of seven, which in Abbott speak meant it was probably the second of three interviews.

Has she trotted out the "my constituents will understand me" line yet?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 18:49 - May 3 with 645 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 18:43 - May 3 by waynekerr55

Has she trotted out the "my constituents will understand me" line yet?

I picture her saying that whilst making gang hand signs.

General Election on 19:01 - May 3 with 639 viewsexiledclaseboy

A new script today for PM May. Project Fear MkII. Because the first one went so well.

Vote for me otherwise we'll have no economic security or prosperity and your families will have no opportunities. Vote for me otherwise those EU bastards will ruin our fair society and probably poison your dogs. (I may have made that last bit up).

Thank f*ck she managed to get "strong and stable" in there as well otherwise the world might have stopped spinning on its axis.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024