Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 103914 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 13:57 - Jul 6 with 3823 viewsmonmouth

Roque Mesa on 11:01 - Jul 6 by exiledinenglandjack

Our attempt of a unique player reveal

https://instagram.com/p/BWM3NpIFvHt/

Brilliant! Love it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Roque Mesa on 14:03 - Jul 6 with 3798 viewslondonlisa2001

Roque Mesa on 13:57 - Jul 6 by monmouth

Brilliant! Love it.

I thought it was great.

Exciting signing. Didn't believe it would happen until last few days as I thought Atletico would beat us to it. The clip that's done the rounds of him playing against Real Madrid is the most Leon like performance imaginable. But at the very top level.

Looking forward to seeing him play.
Roque Mesa on 14:11 - Jul 6 with 3743 viewsTheFranchise

Just watched a few vids, Carroll is going to love him. He's going to be able to make quick, clever runs off him and deliver early left foot balls into the box.
Roque Mesa on 14:12 - Jul 6 with 3739 viewsmax936

Great News, didn't think it would happen after reading what his agent had said and with interest from other suitors, that said I don't think I've ever seen him play, but talk is that he's the business, really looking forward to seeing him play.

Welcome and good luck Mesa.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 14:19 - Jul 6 with 3704 viewsTheFranchise

Roque Mesa on 14:12 - Jul 6 by max936

Great News, didn't think it would happen after reading what his agent had said and with interest from other suitors, that said I don't think I've ever seen him play, but talk is that he's the business, really looking forward to seeing him play.

Welcome and good luck Mesa.

I've not seen him play live. Watched a couple of vids on youtube. Highlight videos don't show the misplaced passes etc but the statistics suggest he doesn't misplace many.
Roque Mesa on 14:52 - Jul 6 with 3573 viewsSwan91

Roque Mesa on 14:19 - Jul 6 by TheFranchise

I've not seen him play live. Watched a couple of vids on youtube. Highlight videos don't show the misplaced passes etc but the statistics suggest he doesn't misplace many.

something close to 92 percent pass completion rate.. he was second or 3rd in La Liga.. behind Madrid players I think. So not many misplaced passes.
Roque Mesa on 15:04 - Jul 6 with 3523 viewsmax936

Cheers Davey, nice to see you posting more as well

Still the bestest Mod this site as ever had as well, its a travesty that you've been discarded, Darran rightly so but you never

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 3250 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If you're ever bored and have time, here's a complete game vs Real Madrid from last season. Good game and I believe Mesa was MOTM.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 19:23 - Jul 6 with 3021 viewsHeadmaster

Why are people calling him Roque Table on Twitter?
Roque Mesa on 19:29 - Jul 6 with 2985 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 19:23 - Jul 6 by Headmaster

Why are people calling him Roque Table on Twitter?

Mesa is the Spanish word for table
Roque Mesa on 19:45 - Jul 6 with 2923 viewsNirvana

The infamous 113/115 passing game against Villarreal below. For context, though, Victor Ruiz gets a red card early on that completely changed the game.

But either way, that level of volume and accuracy is very good. Mesa will fit in perfectly with us, as long as we're not expecting a Kante-like destroyer. He is not that, but he is combative and highly skilled with the ball. His passing is top-quality, short and long, and he is very comfortable in attack.

It will be interesting to see if Clement plays him at DM with Carroll early on. I think we'd get run over, but it all depends on who else we sign/move this summer. We need a first-choice RB (Corchia), wingers (Roberts), and an experienced CB (Subotić). We'll see if that happens.

Enjoy:

Roque Mesa on 20:42 - Jul 6 with 2748 viewsLeonWasGod

Roque Mesa on 19:45 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

The infamous 113/115 passing game against Villarreal below. For context, though, Victor Ruiz gets a red card early on that completely changed the game.

But either way, that level of volume and accuracy is very good. Mesa will fit in perfectly with us, as long as we're not expecting a Kante-like destroyer. He is not that, but he is combative and highly skilled with the ball. His passing is top-quality, short and long, and he is very comfortable in attack.

It will be interesting to see if Clement plays him at DM with Carroll early on. I think we'd get run over, but it all depends on who else we sign/move this summer. We need a first-choice RB (Corchia), wingers (Roberts), and an experienced CB (Subotić). We'll see if that happens.

Enjoy:

Pah, I'm sure Leon chalked up 100% a time or few in our first season!
Roque Mesa on 20:49 - Jul 6 with 2709 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 20:42 - Jul 6 by LeonWasGod

Pah, I'm sure Leon chalked up 100% a time or few in our first season!

Haha true and Leon has, and always will be, quality.

I still think Koziello is his true heir, but Mesa is a pretty damn good stand-in.

In my opinion, though, Mesa would be best suited to the Allen role with a bit more defensive responsibility. Pair him with Leon, and we might start seeing the 'Swanselona' of old again.

Gotta keep Siggy/Llorente, though, so we have guys who can create and finish chances.
Roque Mesa on 20:56 - Jul 6 with 2673 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 08:00 - Jul 6 by Neath_Jack

Dav, why don't you go watch a load of youtube videos on random players then come back and pretend that you're some great sage of football who watches hundreds of foreign games on the tv? You got f*ck all else to do in your lonely retirement.

Silly old c*nt.

Excellent job switching the subject, Neathie. Are you a magician? I mean professionally. Would explain so much about you, namely your cynicism about the world. Magic tricks aren't selling in 2017, huh?

Sorry that you don't enjoy football, and it's such a chore just to catch the Swans' matches. But I played at a pretty high level fairly recently, and I actually like watching the game. Live, phone, tablet, laptop, even "on my TV". And I know you're old and grouchy about anything new, but you can actually watch youtube on a TV now, too. The world changes fast for old-timers, huh? Try and keep up.

Not a "sage" and definitely not retired. But good call, I do have a rather cushy career that allows me plenty of downtime. I do other stuff, too, but this is a football forum. Sorry that you don't have any input, other than being a miserable ffukkingg dick.

Off you go, tail firmly between legs. Anytime, Neathie.
Roque Mesa on 21:04 - Jul 6 with 2626 viewsLeonWasGod

Roque Mesa on 20:49 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Haha true and Leon has, and always will be, quality.

I still think Koziello is his true heir, but Mesa is a pretty damn good stand-in.

In my opinion, though, Mesa would be best suited to the Allen role with a bit more defensive responsibility. Pair him with Leon, and we might start seeing the 'Swanselona' of old again.

Gotta keep Siggy/Llorente, though, so we have guys who can create and finish chances.

He looks good, I just hope he lives up to the expectation, Definitely seems the right fit for us unlike several recent signings.
Roque Mesa on 21:14 - Jul 6 with 2559 viewsNeath_Jack

Roque Mesa on 20:56 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Excellent job switching the subject, Neathie. Are you a magician? I mean professionally. Would explain so much about you, namely your cynicism about the world. Magic tricks aren't selling in 2017, huh?

Sorry that you don't enjoy football, and it's such a chore just to catch the Swans' matches. But I played at a pretty high level fairly recently, and I actually like watching the game. Live, phone, tablet, laptop, even "on my TV". And I know you're old and grouchy about anything new, but you can actually watch youtube on a TV now, too. The world changes fast for old-timers, huh? Try and keep up.

Not a "sage" and definitely not retired. But good call, I do have a rather cushy career that allows me plenty of downtime. I do other stuff, too, but this is a football forum. Sorry that you don't have any input, other than being a miserable ffukkingg dick.

Off you go, tail firmly between legs. Anytime, Neathie.

Here's a tip for you Dav, don't try digging me out and i won't bother you.

If pretending to be someone you're not on a football message board does it for you, then great, you crack on. But you have a pop at me and i'll reply in kind.

Now, Mr Mitty, go back to trying to impress posters on here.

You be careful that the nasty posters don't start voting you down like that poster did the other night, you got awfully rattled by it, same as you used to do in your original name. That has always been your greatest fear, people not respecting what you post and voting you down, which is why you've reinvented yourself.

Now off you go...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Roque Mesa on 21:26 - Jul 6 with 2503 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 21:14 - Jul 6 by Neath_Jack

If pretending to be someone you're not on a football message board does it for you, then great, you crack on. But you have a pop at me and i'll reply in kind.

You be careful that the nasty posters don't start voting you down like that poster did the other night, you got awfully rattled by it, same as you used to do in your original name. That has always been your greatest fear, people not respecting what you post and voting you down, which is why you've reinvented yourself.

Now off you go...

Haha took you long enough, Neathie. I knew you'd need to get the last word, though, and I was right.

And maybe Davillin feels that way, I don't know.

Me? I truly don't care. "Dig me out" and downvote all you want, Neathie and whoever else. I'm a big boy, and I'm well-versed in debate and vocabulary.

I'm not a wallflower and never have been, and I certainly don't need to "pretend" in order to "impress" anyone, much less on a ffukkingg football forum. Sorry that you feel the need to.

I speak the truth and just like in real life, I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. If that collides with your bbullsshitt, so be it.
Roque Mesa on 21:35 - Jul 6 with 2467 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 21:04 - Jul 6 by LeonWasGod

He looks good, I just hope he lives up to the expectation, Definitely seems the right fit for us unlike several recent signings.

Honestly didn't anticipate us getting quality like Mesa, so it is a great thing for the club. We're not really used to that, I know.

He really is some player even though he can be a bit risky with his decisionmaking in dangerous areas. He'll need to cut that out with us, as our players don't have the same skills on the ball as in La Liga. Other than that, though, ffukkingg cracking signing, truly.

It will turn very bad, though, if the additions of Mesa/Abraham were just to replace Siggy/Llorente. Fingers crossed that is not the case.
Roque Mesa on 21:49 - Jul 6 with 2402 viewsNeath_Jack

Roque Mesa on 21:26 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Haha took you long enough, Neathie. I knew you'd need to get the last word, though, and I was right.

And maybe Davillin feels that way, I don't know.

Me? I truly don't care. "Dig me out" and downvote all you want, Neathie and whoever else. I'm a big boy, and I'm well-versed in debate and vocabulary.

I'm not a wallflower and never have been, and I certainly don't need to "pretend" in order to "impress" anyone, much less on a ffukkingg football forum. Sorry that you feel the need to.

I speak the truth and just like in real life, I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. If that collides with your bbullsshitt, so be it.

Took me long enough? I'm sorry Dav, i know you need the attention wuss, but i didn't realise you needed it that badly.

You're an all rounder you champ eh? A big boy, a football player, well versed in debate and vocabulary, a truth speaker and an expert on spotting players from all over Europe. Is there no end to your talent?

Tell us more about it all, we're all very impressed by it. Honest now. Tell us more about the team you played for and what division that was, go on, please tell us.....

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Roque Mesa on 22:03 - Jul 6 with 2337 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 21:49 - Jul 6 by Neath_Jack

Took me long enough? I'm sorry Dav, i know you need the attention wuss, but i didn't realise you needed it that badly.

You're an all rounder you champ eh? A big boy, a football player, well versed in debate and vocabulary, a truth speaker and an expert on spotting players from all over Europe. Is there no end to your talent?

Tell us more about it all, we're all very impressed by it. Honest now. Tell us more about the team you played for and what division that was, go on, please tell us.....

Oh, grown man can type "wuss". Shaking.

Last post to you, as you're rather vacuous and this is wasted time. You know what I meant. Took you awhile to type that up, put a lot into it didn't you?

And "all-rounder"? Everything you mentioned is pretty much about the same subject: ffukkingg football, you imbecile. You know, the point of this forum? Get a life, truly.

And nah, I'm good. I like my anonymity on here, don't need stalker-types like yourself trolling around my world. I wouldn't put it past you to pull some crazy ex-girlfriend maneuvers. And magicians are ffukkingg creepy, man. You know that.

Sorry, I don't want you in my crew. You and res are buddies, though, 'innit'? Shoot him a text, yeah?
Roque Mesa on 23:53 - Jul 6 with 2146 viewsdameedna

Watched the game with Mesa. Still a tad concerned how he is going to fit in. For example will that mean slight downgrades at right back, wing and centre back options. On the basis siggy stays.

For example on paper i would say our best central midfield is Mesa, Carroll and Siggurdson. But Mesa would have some big shoes to fill which means possibly we should be playing Britton/Cork as a destroyer type dm.

As it is firm interest in Siggurdson we had better get ready for his departure. Not wishing to divide the debate here but I am hoping the exit of Gomis and Baston will cover Mesa and Siggurdson stays.

I d be more comfortable giving Mesa the old Allan role with Britton behind. There were a few games with Carroll on the bench last season though he has become an integral player. Might even consider Carroll on the left and Ayew on the right.

Anyways quality signing and something to look forward to.
Roque Mesa on 00:28 - Jul 7 with 2083 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 22:03 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Oh, grown man can type "wuss". Shaking.

Last post to you, as you're rather vacuous and this is wasted time. You know what I meant. Took you awhile to type that up, put a lot into it didn't you?

And "all-rounder"? Everything you mentioned is pretty much about the same subject: ffukkingg football, you imbecile. You know, the point of this forum? Get a life, truly.

And nah, I'm good. I like my anonymity on here, don't need stalker-types like yourself trolling around my world. I wouldn't put it past you to pull some crazy ex-girlfriend maneuvers. And magicians are ffukkingg creepy, man. You know that.

Sorry, I don't want you in my crew. You and res are buddies, though, 'innit'? Shoot him a text, yeah?

Hi Nirvana, I hope you don't mind me asking but are you from the USA? I don't think you're Davillin just curious . Maybe it's the language you use .
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 0:29]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roque Mesa on 01:13 - Jul 7 with 2027 viewsDJack

Roque Mesa on 21:14 - Jul 6 by Neath_Jack

Now off you go...

I'm farking amazed that you are that blind that you think he is Dav. Some people really rate you...I think you are OK but most definitely not the messiah. Nirvana is Davillin, seriously? Keep taking the meds mucka!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Roque Mesa on 02:40 - Jul 7 with 1977 viewsBanosPerth

Roque Mesa on 17:37 - Jul 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

If you're ever bored and have time, here's a complete game vs Real Madrid from last season. Good game and I believe Mesa was MOTM.

Thanks for posting that, very interesting, with Mesa attracting lots of positive comments such as 'the creative force', 'attracting lots of interest around Spain' etc. Looks really good. And these guys are not afraid to pass it around at the back in tight spots, even against the might of Real Madrid.
Roque Mesa on 02:50 - Jul 7 with 1968 viewsSwan91

Roque Mesa on 23:53 - Jul 6 by dameedna

Watched the game with Mesa. Still a tad concerned how he is going to fit in. For example will that mean slight downgrades at right back, wing and centre back options. On the basis siggy stays.

For example on paper i would say our best central midfield is Mesa, Carroll and Siggurdson. But Mesa would have some big shoes to fill which means possibly we should be playing Britton/Cork as a destroyer type dm.

As it is firm interest in Siggurdson we had better get ready for his departure. Not wishing to divide the debate here but I am hoping the exit of Gomis and Baston will cover Mesa and Siggurdson stays.

I d be more comfortable giving Mesa the old Allan role with Britton behind. There were a few games with Carroll on the bench last season though he has become an integral player. Might even consider Carroll on the left and Ayew on the right.

Anyways quality signing and something to look forward to.

I don't think Gylfi will be placed in central midfield.. I think he will be used like last time.. up front like an inside forward type role, going wide then cutting in to help Llorente. I think there will still be 3 cm's AND him in the line up for our matches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024