Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 103921 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 19:47 - Jul 5 with 4560 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 19:26 - Jul 5 by Neath_Jack

He will be written off by many after just 2 or 3 games.

It's what some people live for.

Yes mate unfortunately you are right.
Roque Mesa on 19:48 - Jul 5 with 4550 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa on 19:32 - Jul 5 by longlostjack

Has happened before in the Bundesliga. HÃ¥vard and Tor André Flo. Apparently Werder Bremen scout sent to watch the one and club ended up signing the other. Couldn't possibly happen today could it?

No, not at all. And FWIW, I think that Mesa and Enner Valencia will form a deadly partnership for us.
Roque Mesa on 19:49 - Jul 5 with 4529 viewstomdickharry

Roque Mesa on 19:23 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

I hope we are not expecting to much to soon from Roque.

As with most foreign players the PL will be a baptism of fire added to that his role looks like it will be to replace Leon .... no easy task.

Correct,remember just 12 months ago Baston was our record signing and look what happened there,also Canas springs to mind.
Roque Mesa on 20:01 - Jul 5 with 4404 viewsandrew

Roque Mesa on 18:33 - Jul 5 by DrGonzo

8pm.

American time?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Roque Mesa on 20:01 - Jul 5 with 4393 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Roque Mesa on 19:49 - Jul 5 by tomdickharry

Correct,remember just 12 months ago Baston was our record signing and look what happened there,also Canas springs to mind.

In Borja's case, we signed two relatively high-profile strikers, and either Llorente would become the man or Borja would.

Mesa isn't coming in under circumstances like that. He could indeed fail, but his position is a safer bet.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 20:02]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Roque Mesa on 20:07 - Jul 5 with 4318 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa on 20:01 - Jul 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

In Borja's case, we signed two relatively high-profile strikers, and either Llorente would become the man or Borja would.

Mesa isn't coming in under circumstances like that. He could indeed fail, but his position is a safer bet.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 20:02]

One thing going for Mesa imo, is that he suits our style and that he is already proven at a certain level. The rigours of the PL hopefully will be within his scope.
Roque Mesa on 20:20 - Jul 5 with 4204 viewsNeath_Jack

Can the Trust get a clause inserted into his contract that he has to shave off his noncey moustache?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Roque Mesa on 20:34 - Jul 5 with 4092 viewseddie71

Roque Mesa on 20:20 - Jul 5 by Neath_Jack

Can the Trust get a clause inserted into his contract that he has to shave off his noncey moustache?

He is keeping it until he gets a call up by Spain.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 23:19 - Jul 5 with 3488 viewsSwansNZ

Roque Mesa on 20:01 - Jul 5 by andrew

American time?

8pm in January

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Roque Mesa on 23:32 - Jul 5 with 3432 viewsmonmouth

Roque Mesa on 20:20 - Jul 5 by Neath_Jack

It's ok, the americans have offered a nasal trim instead. Deal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Roque Mesa on 01:20 - Jul 6 with 3275 viewsSwan91

Roque Mesa on 19:48 - Jul 5 by airedale

No, not at all. And FWIW, I think that Mesa and Enner Valencia will form a deadly partnership for us.

Enner Valencia? pretty sure he has already moved to a different club in Mexico.
Roque Mesa on 01:48 - Jul 6 with 3249 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 23:32 - Jul 5 by monmouth

It's ok, the americans have offered a nasal trim instead. Deal.

Haha, the nasal trim would be a better idea, honestly.

The mustache is ffukkingg badass, and syncs with his badass name perfectly.

Roque Mesa is one tough hombre, no question. The 'stache just confirms it for everybody a little quicker.

#StacheinJenkinsout
Roque Mesa on 02:09 - Jul 6 with 3233 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 14:03 - Jul 4 by Swans_16

Very well done to the club on this magnificent capture.

Not official yet, but as close as it could be to official. Huw and the rest of the team have pulled off a massive coup here and he could go onto being one of our best players this season.

You can rest assured knowing this was not a Jenkins deal whatsoever, 16.

When exactly has he ever secured "top-quality"? Seriously, when? Ffukkingg N'gog or Eder? The answer is never, and it is no exaggeration. He simply won't pay for it (maybe on a free - Ayew), and he views himself as some transfer 'genius' who can turn sshitt into diamonds.

This is definitely the work of The Americans, Dan Altman or whatever, and whoever else they've secretly employed to handle this stuff. The Americans may not know much about football, but they're astute businessmen. I think they're very aware of how inept Jenkins is by this point, and Altman was the first step in removing ol' Huwie.

Could be wrong, though, and this summer will give me a good answer on that. I'm tuned in, popcorn at the ready. So far, a good show (kept Siggy/Llorente, got Mesa/Abraham). Can't wait for the dénouement.
Roque Mesa on 02:16 - Jul 6 with 3223 viewsNirvana

Or written off as a "tw@t", "Golden Ice Balls" or whatever, after four seasons of saving our ffukkingg asses and keeping us in the money-pit that is the PL. And, of course, all the actual jobs and global prestige that comes with it.

Interestingly enough, some people also live for that type of childish sshitt too.

Glass houses, eh?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 2:17]
Roque Mesa on 08:00 - Jul 6 with 2897 viewsNeath_Jack

Roque Mesa on 02:16 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Or written off as a "tw@t", "Golden Ice Balls" or whatever, after four seasons of saving our ffukkingg asses and keeping us in the money-pit that is the PL. And, of course, all the actual jobs and global prestige that comes with it.

Interestingly enough, some people also live for that type of childish sshitt too.

Glass houses, eh?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 2:17]

Dav, why don't you go watch a load of youtube videos on random players then come back and pretend that you're some great sage of football who watches hundreds of foreign games on the tv? You got f*ck all else to do in your lonely retirement.

Silly old c*nt.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Roque Mesa on 08:28 - Jul 6 with 2780 viewsdcd14

Roque Mesa on 01:20 - Jul 6 by Swan91

Enner Valencia? pretty sure he has already moved to a different club in Mexico.

Off to Tigres in Mexico.
Roque Mesa on 08:37 - Jul 6 with 2727 viewsbuilthjack

Mesa, his brother, his agent, and father having breakfast in Morgans right now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Roque Mesa on 09:04 - Jul 6 with 2575 viewsNeath_Jack

Roque Mesa on 08:37 - Jul 6 by builthjack

Is Sandra or Huw Cooze there as well?

Roque Mesa on 09:04 - Jul 6 with 2575 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Roque Mesa on 08:37 - Jul 6 by builthjack

That's all very well but is Huw Cooze there and who's picking up the tab?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Roque Mesa on 09:22 - Jul 6 with 2465 viewsjack247

As much of a baller as this guy looks and as perfect as he seems for both the style we used to play and the style that kept us up at the end of last season, I'd be tempted to ease him in gently. Start Leon and bring Mesa on when he tires for the first couple of games. I can also see the logic of easing him in by having Leon in the team with him though.
Roque Mesa on 09:34 - Jul 6 with 2386 viewsjojaca

Roque Mesa on 09:22 - Jul 6 by jack247

As much of a baller as this guy looks and as perfect as he seems for both the style we used to play and the style that kept us up at the end of last season, I'd be tempted to ease him in gently. Start Leon and bring Mesa on when he tires for the first couple of games. I can also see the logic of easing him in by having Leon in the team with him though.

Ease him in?, He's not a kid. We are paying big bucks for him, ease him in is subbing him off with ten minutes to go on the first game. Plays every minute after that.

Even when you know, you never know?

Roque Mesa on 10:05 - Jul 6 with 2254 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa on 09:04 - Jul 6 by Joe_bradshaw

That's all very well but is Huw Cooze there and who's picking up the tab?

Peel off one by one and leave the agent there.
Roque Mesa on 10:22 - Jul 6 with 2179 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 09:34 - Jul 6 by jojaca

Ease him in?, He's not a kid. We are paying big bucks for him, ease him in is subbing him off with ten minutes to go on the first game. Plays every minute after that.

Yep, I would. The team that finished last season is perfectly capable of getting results. If we are bringing a special player in, I'd grow him into the team rather than chuck him in at the deep end, especially when Leon plays that role so well anyway. I'd be aiming to start him 3 or 4 games in, when he is more accustomed to his team mates strengths and weaknesses in a competitive game and is used to the pace of the league. Last thing we want is a silky playmaker being booted all over the shop while he adjusts to having less time on the ball.
Roque Mesa on 10:39 - Jul 6 with 2091 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa on 10:22 - Jul 6 by jack247

Yep, I would. The team that finished last season is perfectly capable of getting results. If we are bringing a special player in, I'd grow him into the team rather than chuck him in at the deep end, especially when Leon plays that role so well anyway. I'd be aiming to start him 3 or 4 games in, when he is more accustomed to his team mates strengths and weaknesses in a competitive game and is used to the pace of the league. Last thing we want is a silky playmaker being booted all over the shop while he adjusts to having less time on the ball.

What silky playmaker is that?
Roque Mesa on 10:44 - Jul 6 with 2043 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 10:39 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

What silky playmaker is that?

*Which silky playmaker is that?

The one we are in the process of signing from Las Palmas. He looks like he has superb vision and a great passing range. You don't need to be a #10 to be a playmaker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024