Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 103826 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 14:00 - Jun 29 with 4593 viewsSwans_16

Also just read something on twitter that he's turned up to Las Palmas to have his pre-season medical etc. where the local source said there was nothing to conclude from this, just that the talks with us may not be going too great.
Roque Mesa on 14:02 - Jun 29 with 4579 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Aren't Atletico in a transfer ban?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Roque Mesa on 14:20 - Jun 29 with 4458 viewsFlashberryjack

Roque Mesa on 14:02 - Jun 29 by AustinIsOurHero

Aren't Atletico in a transfer ban?

Think Real are as well, I expect there are ways and means around it though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Roque Mesa on 15:21 - Jun 29 with 4162 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 14:20 - Jun 29 by Flashberryjack

Think Real are as well, I expect there are ways and means around it though.

Some Atletico sources on Twitter are claiming that the deal is done and Mesa is heading to.........

SWANSEA

for around 15 million euros.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 15:23]
Roque Mesa on 15:29 - Jun 29 with 4096 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 14:00 - Jun 29 by Swans_16

Also just read something on twitter that he's turned up to Las Palmas to have his pre-season medical etc. where the local source said there was nothing to conclude from this, just that the talks with us may not be going too great.

Hope that's not true he was in a Madrid hotel this morning ( according to this thread) waiting for a flight to Wales.

Let's get this deal done ffs

Of subject ... do players about to sign travel on normal flights or do we charter a private jet ? Can't imagine a player flying KLM into Cardiff when he's about to sign a multi million pound deal.
Roque Mesa on 15:30 - Jun 29 with 4082 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 15:29 - Jun 29 by pencoedjack

Hope that's not true he was in a Madrid hotel this morning ( according to this thread) waiting for a flight to Wales.

Of subject ... do players about to sign travel on normal flights or do we charter a private jet ? Can't imagine a player flying KLM into Cardiff when he's about to sign a multi million pound deal.

Suppose it kind of depends if there is a private jet available for charter then i'm assuming that is the most common choice.

Erwin came in by KLM this morning, but i don't really classify that as the normal PL signing ...
Roque Mesa on 15:38 - Jun 29 with 3987 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 15:30 - Jun 29 by Swans_16

Suppose it kind of depends if there is a private jet available for charter then i'm assuming that is the most common choice.

Erwin came in by KLM this morning, but i don't really classify that as the normal PL signing ...

I'd imagine private jets are easily chartered ( but it's not something I do on a regular basis)

If the signing is going ahead we have had a few days to sort it out anyway.

I travel a fair bit with work and unless you fly via Amsterdam Cardiff is difficult to get anywhere.
Roque Mesa on 16:02 - Jun 29 with 3860 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa on 15:29 - Jun 29 by pencoedjack

You can if he turns left at the top of the ladder into the plane.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 16:07 - Jun 29 with 3825 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 16:02 - Jun 29 by airedale

You can if he turns left at the top of the ladder into the plane.

If you turn left at the top of the ladder on a KLM flight to Cardiff from AMS you are the pilot
Roque Mesa on 16:10 - Jun 29 with 3804 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa on 16:07 - Jun 29 by pencoedjack

If you turn left at the top of the ladder on a KLM flight to Cardiff from AMS you are the pilot

Ah still using the DC10s are they. Great planes.
Roque Mesa on 17:00 - Jun 29 with 3595 viewsPorthcawlswan

Apparently his agent has been quoted saying there is no rush to get deal done and that they are still looking at other clubs
Roque Mesa on 17:04 - Jun 29 with 3562 viewsHeadmaster

Roque Mesa on 17:00 - Jun 29 by Porthcawlswan

Apparently his agent has been quoted saying there is no rush to get deal done and that they are still looking at other clubs

Urgh. Can't wait until 31 August when the whole bloody thing is over.
Roque Mesa on 17:10 - Jun 29 with 3510 viewsmagicdaps10

Roque Mesa on 17:04 - Jun 29 by Headmaster

Urgh. Can't wait until 31 August when the whole bloody thing is over.

Hope I am wrong but getting a bit if deja vue on this one.

Been here before when a deal is imminent only for it not to happen.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Roque Mesa on 17:33 - Jun 29 with 3395 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 17:10 - Jun 29 by magicdaps10

Hope I am wrong but getting a bit if deja vue on this one.

Been here before when a deal is imminent only for it not to happen.

Been thinking that myself, not much the Club can do if the Players Agent is of the mindset of the post above, hopefully its just smoke and mirrors, although I was told beginning of the week that we are signing one or two this week, things change overnight in football though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 18:01 - Jun 29 with 3234 viewsSwans_16

Atletico are apparently prepared to pay 15 million euros for him according to AS.

How they get around the transfer embargo thing is beyond me, but surely they can't sign anyone when they're bloody banned.

His agent seems to be milking this, looking for a better deal. Perhaps Mesa hasn't got his heart set on this beautiful land ?
Roque Mesa on 18:01 - Jun 29 with 3230 viewsPorthcawlswan

I think it's likely it will still happen
Roque Mesa on 18:02 - Jun 29 with 3223 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 17:33 - Jun 29 by max936

Been thinking that myself, not much the Club can do if the Players Agent is of the mindset of the post above, hopefully its just smoke and mirrors, although I was told beginning of the week that we are signing one or two this week, things change overnight in football though.

We seem to take an age getting deals through.

Mon/Tues ( allegedly) it was a done deal with a few loose ends to tie up we don't seem pro active in getting things done.

Surely it would be better to the get the player over and sell the club/area to the player. Imagine someone like Rangel would be perfect to do that to a Spaniard.
Roque Mesa on 18:07 - Jun 29 with 3194 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 18:02 - Jun 29 by pencoedjack

We seem to take an age getting deals through.

Mon/Tues ( allegedly) it was a done deal with a few loose ends to tie up we don't seem pro active in getting things done.

Surely it would be better to the get the player over and sell the club/area to the player. Imagine someone like Rangel would be perfect to do that to a Spaniard.

Well Rangel, and Llorente with his broken arm.
Roque Mesa on 18:36 - Jun 29 with 2985 viewsmagicdaps10

Yeah it seems like he could be off to athletico even though they have a transfer ban on them.

Would mean he joins them in January when the ban finishes. I am not sure what the full ins and out of the ban are but I wouldnt bet against things like this are mot allowed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Roque Mesa on 18:44 - Jun 29 with 2911 viewsunion_jack

Roque Mesa on 18:01 - Jun 29 by Porthcawlswan

I think it's likely it will still happen

I don't. But then I am Peter Pessimist when it comes to things like this, borne out of bitter past experiences no doubt.

It would be a shame as he's one of the few players I've seen on the YouTube clips that looks like he could do something, especially in replacing Britton.

Fingers crossed though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Roque Mesa on 18:51 - Jun 29 with 2842 viewsraynor94

Let's not blame the club here, we seem to have done everything right, Las Palmas receiving a record fee, Mesa having his wages tripled, now we have his agent desperately trying to get a deal with AM, who are under a transfer embargo, if that's what he wants leave him to it.

Pull the plug Huw

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Roque Mesa on 18:52 - Jun 29 with 2836 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 18:36 - Jun 29 by magicdaps10

Yeah it seems like he could be off to athletico even though they have a transfer ban on them.

Would mean he joins them in January when the ban finishes. I am not sure what the full ins and out of the ban are but I wouldnt bet against things like this are mot allowed.

If that's the case, he'll stay at his existing Club either on Loan or with a deal done for January, stinks really that Atletico can get away with it, Barca had a Transfer Embargo and I don't think they did or could do any business whilst the embargo was inforce.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 19:05 - Jun 29 with 2707 viewsFlashberryjack

Roque Mesa on 18:51 - Jun 29 by raynor94

Let's not blame the club here, we seem to have done everything right, Las Palmas receiving a record fee, Mesa having his wages tripled, now we have his agent desperately trying to get a deal with AM, who are under a transfer embargo, if that's what he wants leave him to it.

Pull the plug Huw

If we pulled the plug on every player who's agent had tried to get a better deal with another club or pushed us for more ££££/longer contract....we'd only sign players that no other club was interested in, on reflection I'd say that we've done that many times in the past.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Roque Mesa on 19:12 - Jun 29 with 2629 viewsbluenile

Roque Mesa on 17:00 - Jun 29 by Porthcawlswan

Hmmmm??? "Porthcawlswan"?......... Never heard of you before, and NO PREVIOUS POSTS?? Welcome Scummer!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Roque Mesa on 19:26 - Jun 29 with 2526 viewsraynor94

Roque Mesa on 19:05 - Jun 29 by Flashberryjack

If we pulled the plug on every player who's agent had tried to get a better deal with another club or pushed us for more ££££/longer contract....we'd only sign players that no other club was interested in, on reflection I'd say that we've done that many times in the past.

So how long do you think we should wait for a definitive answer? I'd love to see him here, I just hope we are not being used to flush out other bids

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024