Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95777 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:52 - Jul 17 with 2831 viewsTheFranchise

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:50 - Jul 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Only thing that gives me any pause is his 5'7" height. We could be turning into a munchkin midfield if this happens.

Yeah because Dyer, Routs and Montero are giants.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:04 - Jul 17 with 2775 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:38 - Jul 17 by jack247

Christ. I know it's only a highlight video but that was impressive. Defence splitting passes, long range shooting and running at defenders.

A slight upgrade on Montero according to someone earlier. Didnt look anything like Montero to me.

Go and watch a youtube video of Montero vs Arsenal and Chelsea last season
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:10 - Jul 17 with 2718 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:04 - Jul 17 by hobo

In all honesty, Hobo, how many games of Viera's have you actually seen?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:19 - Jul 17 with 2655 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:04 - Jul 17 by hobo

That isn't going to be much of a highlight reel. He didn't play against either team last season.

I'll take your opinion on Viera with a pinch of salt.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:21 - Jul 17 with 2645 viewsdameedna

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:20 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

Exactly...

See Mbappe.

You may be wrong on Viera then. Other players such as Suarez and Asensio may cost double and would be on higher wages. Forget the financials for a minute.

Take a look at Viera and how he plays. He isnothing like Montero Barrow Dyer or Narsingh. I have said I would take Chadli first. Both would be possible if we sold or loaned out 4 of our wingers.

Having Viera and Chadli would be a good boost. I would take Snodgras as well and keep Routledge. All can score.

Suarez takes corners and free kicks he may never come to Swansea as Carroll is a good player however Viera Chadli Suarez would solve a lot of on field challenges and head towards a smaller squas supplemented by u23s.

Forget Wilf for example sign 3 or 4 quality players if Siggy leaves and let go a few wingers and central midfielders.

Stoke paid 18m a while back for a defensive midfielder.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:26 - Jul 17 with 2593 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:42 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

Watch the other video if you like that, 247.

In my opinion it's even better. This guy has so many tools, he'd be perfect for us. Assuming Siggy leaves, of course. Which I'm not completely convinced will happen, and never have been, despite the hoopla. If he goes, he goes. We move on. And sign this guy, maybe.

But watch the video of his touches against Osasuna. It's absolutely magnificent.

(EDIT: Anyone mentioning Montero in the same breath as Viera needs to get a checkup. Or actually watch the guy first. I've tried to help alleviate the second problem.)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:45]

So basically you are now saying Siggy will stay.

Oh, and this guy, who can beat a man, go around a player, has pace, has great touch and feet and can split defences without even thinking about it or telegraphing it 5 minutes earlier - you know, all the stuff the Ice bollocks can't do.... would be wonderful for our team.

Well dear fack, here we have it.

The Res 1 - Little Girl Nervy Anna 0 (fack all)

Glad you finally came around to my preaching.

Next.....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:29 - Jul 17 with 2567 viewsTheResurrection

Oh and I can't believe Siggy hasn't gone yet. This is painful and we've no time to be facking around.

Take whatever money is offered and by anyone and get shot of the cuunt, NOW!!!!!!

FACK OFF SIGGY!!!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:36 - Jul 17 with 2506 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:26 - Jul 17 by TheResurrection

So basically you are now saying Siggy will stay.

Oh, and this guy, who can beat a man, go around a player, has pace, has great touch and feet and can split defences without even thinking about it or telegraphing it 5 minutes earlier - you know, all the stuff the Ice bollocks can't do.... would be wonderful for our team.

Well dear fack, here we have it.

The Res 1 - Little Girl Nervy Anna 0 (fack all)

Glad you finally came around to my preaching.

Next.....

Get a life man, truly.

Back to the thread.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:36 - Jul 17 with 2501 viewsraynor94

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:19 - Jul 17 by jack247

That isn't going to be much of a highlight reel. He didn't play against either team last season.

I'll take your opinion on Viera with a pinch of salt.

Gave me a genuine laugh out loud moment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:41 - Jul 17 with 2464 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:10 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

In all honesty, Hobo, how many games of Viera's have you actually seen?

I'm used to the flack - I was one of the few on here against signing Borja at the time, and if this goes through it's going to end the same way. I'm always watching European footy, and closely follow any players we've missed out on. I think it was 2012 when we tried to sign him, but he opted to join Valencia, so I've been watching him since then. He's had a good season, no doubt about it, but that doesn't make him a £10m player let alone £25m. The one time he's played out of Spain he's failed miserably, so there's got to be question marks over his adaptability too.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:57 - Jul 17 with 2375 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:41 - Jul 17 by hobo

I'm used to the flack - I was one of the few on here against signing Borja at the time, and if this goes through it's going to end the same way. I'm always watching European footy, and closely follow any players we've missed out on. I think it was 2012 when we tried to sign him, but he opted to join Valencia, so I've been watching him since then. He's had a good season, no doubt about it, but that doesn't make him a £10m player let alone £25m. The one time he's played out of Spain he's failed miserably, so there's got to be question marks over his adaptability too.

I'm not giving you "flack" I asked a genuine question. And you answered it, so thank you, Hobo.

But I've watched a good deal of Las Palmas the past couple seasons, some live, and I think Viera is a class player. I honestly didn't know that much about him before then, so I don't know what happened at his previous clubs. Las Palmas isn't some Belgian third-division team either, they have been excellent and received a lot of acclaim for their style of play. Viera and Mesa have been known players for awhile, and they have impressed against the best clubs in Spain.

From what I have seen and know he'd fit in quite well at our club, and provide a lot of what Siggy gives us if he were to leave. As has been repeated before, by myself and others, we were never going to find someone of equal value to replace Siggy this summer if he left. But we have to try. Viera would be a good choice, in my opinion. There are other players out there, like Marcel Sabitzer, Suso, Domenico Berardi, and Thorgan Hazard that are younger, but it would be difficult to sign them. I would try, but Viera is a class player to fill the hole of a class player.

The money to me is kind of irrelevant, as the books will balance out at some point. And there's no way Viera's value could fall below £15m in the next couple seasons, so we can always cash out and get something back. Great signing for me.

(EDIT: We can agree to disagree on this one.)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 23:00]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:36 - Jul 17 with 2230 viewsdobjack2

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:29 - Jul 17 by TheResurrection

Oh and I can't believe Siggy hasn't gone yet. This is painful and we've no time to be facking around.

Take whatever money is offered and by anyone and get shot of the cuunt, NOW!!!!!!

FACK OFF SIGGY!!!!!!!!

I get your point about playing better football but you really are embarrassing yourself.

If you want to be taken seriously rather than be considered a wind up merchant or shock jock take a step back.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:45 - Jul 17 with 2205 viewsPozuelosSideys

I know its only videos, but based on those i think that If we sign this guy, we will need a different sort of striker to Llorente. Somebody more quicker and more mobile.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:48 - Jul 17 with 2190 viewsKerouac

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:45 - Jul 17 by PozuelosSideys

I know its only videos, but based on those i think that If we sign this guy, we will need a different sort of striker to Llorente. Somebody more quicker and more mobile.

Someone like Tammy Abraham?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:52 - Jul 17 with 2175 viewsMoscowJack

I watch about one La Liga game a week on average (admittedly usually involving Real Madrid) but I've only just realised that Viera is one player who provoked me to Google his name a couple of times. I didn't realise until I saw him getting hacked by Bale, leading to Bale pushing him and getting sent off.

When I Googled him, I saw links with some top clubs and valuations FAR above what I ever thought I'd see the Swans spend. I remember wondering how a small La Liga team can afford him and we (a PL club) can't.

What I enjoy seeing is his ability to drop a shoulder and beat a man, a lot like Curt used to do. He can take a ball with his back to goal, turn and go. He is a wonderful and traditional no.10, which Gylfi (despite all his incredible goals/assists) most definitely isn't.

Personally, I'd love to see him with us. Yes, there's the question about why he failed at other clubs, but we NEED players like this for us to survive (or even thrive).

Get the back two in front of defence sorted out (so Mesa and....?) and a front 4 who can all attack with pace! Teams would be scared of us. Slightly off tangent but I can't see how Llorente would fit into that mobile forward unit, but that's for PC to worry about.

I really hope this deal comes off! He would get Swans fans off their seats and every team needs a player like that!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:53 - Jul 17 with 2175 viewsPozuelosSideys

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:48 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

Someone like Tammy Abraham?

No idea tbh mate, i havent seen anywhere near enough of Abrahams all round game to comment on it.

For all we know, this guy may be able to bring somebody like Baston alive. Based purely on both their video highlights (hopeful as hell i know), gut feeling is they will be on similar wavelengths

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:10 - Jul 18 with 2147 viewsKerouac

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:52 - Jul 17 by MoscowJack

I watch about one La Liga game a week on average (admittedly usually involving Real Madrid) but I've only just realised that Viera is one player who provoked me to Google his name a couple of times. I didn't realise until I saw him getting hacked by Bale, leading to Bale pushing him and getting sent off.

When I Googled him, I saw links with some top clubs and valuations FAR above what I ever thought I'd see the Swans spend. I remember wondering how a small La Liga team can afford him and we (a PL club) can't.

What I enjoy seeing is his ability to drop a shoulder and beat a man, a lot like Curt used to do. He can take a ball with his back to goal, turn and go. He is a wonderful and traditional no.10, which Gylfi (despite all his incredible goals/assists) most definitely isn't.

Personally, I'd love to see him with us. Yes, there's the question about why he failed at other clubs, but we NEED players like this for us to survive (or even thrive).

Get the back two in front of defence sorted out (so Mesa and....?) and a front 4 who can all attack with pace! Teams would be scared of us. Slightly off tangent but I can't see how Llorente would fit into that mobile forward unit, but that's for PC to worry about.

I really hope this deal comes off! He would get Swans fans off their seats and every team needs a player like that!

"Get the back two in front of defence sorted out (so Mesa and....?) "

Afriyie Acquah would be a good signing.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:23 - Jul 18 with 2116 viewsKerouac

How about Emil Forsberg on the left-wing, how much do you think he'd cost?
Or even
the youngster Sam Larsson...would like to see an exciting youngster like him in the squad actually.
Would trade Montero in for Larsson tomorrow.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 0:33]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:27 - Jul 18 with 2046 viewsLeonWasGod

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:29 - Jul 17 by TheResurrection

FACK OFF SIGGY!!!!!!!!

Seriously, get help. It's a football forum; people have different opinions; it doesn't matter.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:52 - Jul 18 with 2002 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:36 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

I get your point about playing better football but you really are embarrassing yourself.

If you want to be taken seriously rather than be considered a wind up merchant or shock jock take a step back.

Why? As everything I've said all along is coming off to a tee.

It's most of you all that's looking like the Dick's for not having the slightest bit of foresight to see how badly things needed changing with our one trick pony and his free kicks.

Take a step "up" for once maybe and tell us something facking interesting?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 05:09 - Jul 18 with 1941 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:52 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

It's most of you all that's looking like the Dick's for not having the slightest bit of foresight to see how badly things needed changing with our one trick pony and his free kicks.

You are right Chris. If this comes off and with Mesa in the same side our attacking play will be as fast as the Laudrup sides. And we all enjoyed that over Monk ball didn't we

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:43 - Jul 18 with 1851 viewsLoyal

I will never change my opinion on the tw@t Jenkins but if this comes off I may well reconsider the yanks for a while.
However, the problem with all this is our ability not to complete matters quickly and the pondering fckwit that sorts these deals out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:00 - Jul 18 with 1815 viewsMoscowJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:43 - Jul 18 by Loyal

I will never change my opinion on the tw@t Jenkins but if this comes off I may well reconsider the yanks for a while.
However, the problem with all this is our ability not to complete matters quickly and the pondering fckwit that sorts these deals out.

The pondering fckwit might be waiting for the deal with Gylfi to be completed before agreeing terms with his replacement? That would make sense to me at least.

For all we know, the deal with Gylfi's been done and it's just about dotting Is and crossing Ts. Considering they're both BY FAR the largest deals we've ever done, I think it's understandable that they might take a bit of time. Also, if we do get £45m+ for Gylfi, I think HJ has pulled a blinder. Most of us saw him as a £25m-£30m player a month or so ago.

He'll still need to pull a hell of a lot of blinders for most of us to even start forgiving him for the way the sale of the club went down though.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:52 - Jul 18 with 1705 viewsdobjack2

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:52 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

You are so funny and sound a lot like Donald Trump at times. That I find interesting.

If I remember correctly you wanted sigurdsson and llorente sold in January so I hardly think that everything you've said is coming off to a tee.

If sigurdsson stays he stays, if he goes we replace him. I won't have any tantrums about it either way. I expect our style of football to change this season, the rest of the window will have an influence on how much and what to.

Have a nice day and don't forget to put your toys back in the pram.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:01 - Jul 18 with 1683 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:00 - Jul 18 by MoscowJack

The pondering fckwit might be waiting for the deal with Gylfi to be completed before agreeing terms with his replacement? That would make sense to me at least.

For all we know, the deal with Gylfi's been done and it's just about dotting Is and crossing Ts. Considering they're both BY FAR the largest deals we've ever done, I think it's understandable that they might take a bit of time. Also, if we do get £45m+ for Gylfi, I think HJ has pulled a blinder. Most of us saw him as a £25m-£30m player a month or so ago.

He'll still need to pull a hell of a lot of blinders for most of us to even start forgiving him for the way the sale of the club went down though.

I refuse to give Jenkins any credit for the Siggy deal, I think it is the Americans playing hard ball over the clubs biggest assets.

If this two summers ago, or even last summer, Huw would have surrendered at £25-30million, he's had his cash now, it's easier for him.

I'm willing to give the Americans time though, apart from Bradley (which was a big blunder admittedly), they are saying all the right things at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024