Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA 09:02 - Jul 27 with 9195 viewsLoyal

He is back in training, and admittedly he may have a medical note to say his head has gone, but ordinarily now he is back in training what should the club have done to discipline him. Effectively he refused to play for the swans which for me is the end of line so any thoughts on discipline ?

These papmepred losers get away with far too much, even if the club haven't sanctioned him then should the fans let him know what a knob he has been ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 09:06 - Jul 27 with 3932 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pick him for Saturday.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 09:10 - Jul 27 with 3903 viewsscottishjack

All depends on the circumstances, for all we know the club were happy for him to stay at home and get his head right? With the added bonus of not picking up some daft injury which scuppers £40 odd million going into the bank...
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 09:18 - Jul 27 with 3864 viewsWarwickHunt

Sell him...
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 09:54 - Jul 27 with 3781 viewsZut_Alors

Providing he works as he should in training, then carry on as normal. He hasn't come out with any statements, so for now it's fine in my eyes.

He has every right to want to go to Everton if the terms are acceptable by the club. For all we know, the club might have told him to stay in the UK, because they know the deal will go through before the window closes.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 09:57 - Jul 27 with 3752 viewsDafyddHuw

Make him captain. That'll learn him.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:01 - Jul 27 with 3735 viewsraynor94

End of the line for me, sell as soon as possible

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:02 - Jul 27 with 3728 viewsicecoldjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 09:10 - Jul 27 by scottishjack

All depends on the circumstances, for all we know the club were happy for him to stay at home and get his head right? With the added bonus of not picking up some daft injury which scuppers £40 odd million going into the bank...

Exactly.

For all we know the club were happy for him to stay in case they lost £50 m quid, i'm not sure if the club officially stated why he didn't travel, but i guess in one respect i can see the logic in him not travelling.

If he is training with the first team then PC is obviously happy for him to do so, i think that's the correct thing to do anyway as it sends out the hardball message to Everton.

I think Clement needs an end to this saga pretty soon though. It's not good for anybody to keep it dragging on, with Ross Barkley very likely to leave i think Everton will increase the bid, i hope Gylfi stays as i don't trust the board to sign a quality replacement .
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:06 - Jul 27 with 3717 viewsJFSwan

Train as normal.
As others said it was probably beneficial that he stayed home for both player and potential income for the club.

He hasn't put in a transfer request, nor refused to train (with the u23s when we were in USA)
He simply requested not to go to the other side of the world whilst his immediate future looked liked changing.
Login to get fewer ads

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:09 - Jul 27 with 3701 viewsSPboy

Make him captain. Tell him he is playing the full 90mins v Brum on Saturday.

Remind him he is getting paid £70k per week

If he plays well he keeps the armband and gets a bonus every time we win

If we stay up offer him a new contract and reduce his release clause to £49m
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:29 - Jul 27 with 3635 viewsjack247

Like it or not, he is our most valuable asset. Tell him to get his head down and if an acceptable bid comes in he can go, if not he has got a contract to honour, is probably behind with his match sharpness and needs to have his head and fitness ready for Southampton.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:40 - Jul 27 with 3596 viewsburty

Dont do a Payet Gylfi fans will hate you forever.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:41 - Jul 27 with 3593 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell him to Leicester

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:48 - Jul 27 with 3558 viewsKerouac

Don't do anything that would adversely effect our negotiating position with other clubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:53 - Jul 27 with 3532 viewsLoyal

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 10:40 - Jul 27 by burty

Dont do a Payet Gylfi fans will hate you forever.

It is happening already.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:02 - Jul 27 with 3491 views34dfgdf54

This is just complete hearsay, no facts to back up the argument, just an opinion, I think he was told to stay back as a deal looked imminent. (as many others have also said)

But with news out today that Spurs have a decent sell on clause also hindering us, I feel we are too far down the line now, Siggy must stay. 16 x days until Kick Off.

Levi will be the one with the smile on his face now.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 11:12]
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:11 - Jul 27 with 3455 viewslancasterswan

I don't think he will have 'refused' to go, I think he will have requested . He's an intelligent bloke who's been round the block more than once. If he thought a sale was close I would guess he didn't fancy shuttling back and fore from the US. He was perfectly professional in training whilst the squad were overseas, kept his nose clean and his mouth shut, then was on time and ready to train again yesterday. Model professional behaviour. It's not his fault he's the pawn in a bigger game. I think it's time Everton (or anyone else) made their final moves or backed off. It's not Gylfi's job to know what the thoughts of the board are, and they have made it as clear as they can you either pay more than top dollar or get lost. It strikes me as a situation caused by others and nothing to do with anyone in Swansea. The froth from the Press led by the Express has been pretty damn thin from the start, and has been hashed and rehashed with very little new at all in weeks.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:24 - Jul 27 with 3406 viewsmonmouth

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:11 - Jul 27 by lancasterswan

I don't think he will have 'refused' to go, I think he will have requested . He's an intelligent bloke who's been round the block more than once. If he thought a sale was close I would guess he didn't fancy shuttling back and fore from the US. He was perfectly professional in training whilst the squad were overseas, kept his nose clean and his mouth shut, then was on time and ready to train again yesterday. Model professional behaviour. It's not his fault he's the pawn in a bigger game. I think it's time Everton (or anyone else) made their final moves or backed off. It's not Gylfi's job to know what the thoughts of the board are, and they have made it as clear as they can you either pay more than top dollar or get lost. It strikes me as a situation caused by others and nothing to do with anyone in Swansea. The froth from the Press led by the Express has been pretty damn thin from the start, and has been hashed and rehashed with very little new at all in weeks.

Yes, poor dab, he's just a poor innocent lamb, caught up in a world of sharks.

#savethesoggyone

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:32 - Jul 27 with 3375 viewslancasterswan

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:24 - Jul 27 by monmouth

#savethesoggyone

That's what I like about this forum....I'm not the most cynical contributor
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 3358 viewsWarwickHunt

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:24 - Jul 27 by monmouth

#savethesoggyone

#prayforsiggy
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:48 - Jul 27 with 3309 viewslondonlisa2001

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:36 - Jul 27 by WarwickHunt

#prayforsiggy

Tell you what we need - one of those Facebook filter things to change all avatars to one representing the plight of Siggy the oppressed.

What a load of nonsense.

The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave. He won't put in a formal transfer request as it hits his pocket. He refused to travel on the pre season tour.

And people are talking about how professional he is?

Yet again, we are having a farce of a transfer window and pre season.

Accept the offer, bring in the players we so desperately need. Stop buggering about trying to get an extra £500k for Barrow, ship these players out as soon as possible, and start getting the squad working together.

It is genuinely ridiculous.

Anyone that wants to keep Siggy at this point needs their heads read. We are effectively paying £45m for a midfielder at the expense of any other squad strengthening. What if he tears his ACL in the first week of September?
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:59 - Jul 27 with 3259 viewsMo_Wives

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:48 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Tell you what we need - one of those Facebook filter things to change all avatars to one representing the plight of Siggy the oppressed.

What a load of nonsense.

The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave. He won't put in a formal transfer request as it hits his pocket. He refused to travel on the pre season tour.

Accept the offer, bring in the players we so desperately need. Stop buggering about trying to get an extra £500k for Barrow, ship these players out as soon as possible, and start getting the squad working together.

Anyone that wants to keep Siggy at this point needs their heads read. We are effectively paying £45m for a midfielder at the expense of any other squad strengthening. What if he tears his ACL in the first week of September?

"He refused to travel on the pre season tour"

FAKE NEWS!

What happened was Siggy meant to say "I can't wait to go America, gaffa", but due to English not being his first language, he accidentally said "I can't go to America, gaffa".

Then he ran back to his room, all excited, to get his bags. But when he returned the team bus had left. Siggy then sat in the car park and cried his little heart out for an hour...inconsolable he was.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:07 - Jul 27 with 3213 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:48 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

What a load of nonsense.

Which begs the question, why haven't we just got this done?

It's all very well haggling for an extra million or two, but the closer we get to the season, the less willing clubs are going to be to negotiate on replacements. What's the point wringing an extra £2m out of them and then having to pay £2m more than we would have done a week or so ago for his replacement?

Until he goes, treat him like any other player, get him ready for the start of the season. I'm pretty certain he will go though and rightly so at that kind of price.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:13 - Jul 27 with 3184 viewsMarinaJack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:07 - Jul 27 by jack247

Which begs the question, why haven't we just got this done?

It's all very well haggling for an extra million or two, but the closer we get to the season, the less willing clubs are going to be to negotiate on replacements. What's the point wringing an extra £2m out of them and then having to pay £2m more than we would have done a week or so ago for his replacement?

Until he goes, treat him like any other player, get him ready for the start of the season. I'm pretty certain he will go though and rightly so at that kind of price.

have spurs got a sell on % clause?

A few million quid here and there doesn't seem a lot in premiership terms but our board are skinflints
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:20 - Jul 27 with 3152 viewsicecoldjack

It's a fact that Siggy didn't refuse to go on the tour. The official club statement said he wasn't in the right frame of mind to travel with uncertainty over his future, now weather he refused to travel, requested not to travel or was told to not travel we don't know .

No point in painting the fooker as bad or good when no fooker on here actually knows the real story.

My view is that it was agreed that he stays as a move was imminent then Everton started fooking us around with the money.
Siggy has it seems acted in the right way but the truth is that no fooker knows.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 3154 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:13 - Jul 27 by MarinaJack

have spurs got a sell on % clause?

A few million quid here and there doesn't seem a lot in premiership terms but our board are skinflints

Probably, but I can't see that making any difference. It's a false economy haggling now, unless we genuinely are looking to keep him, have already agreed a deal for a replacement, or are going to activate a buy out clause
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024