Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Streaming scaremongering? 19:25 - Aug 14 with 8270 viewsPrivate_Partz

The One Show were on the case tonight. Telling us we face 10 years in jail if we stream certain stuff via a set top box.
It turns out one geezer SELLING the boxes has had a four year stretch.
The boxes are dangerous as well and could set fire to your house.
As many will know I am a techno idiot. What do the experts think?
Before anyone picks me up I purposely shoved this on the Footy Board because of the obvious Swans relatied interest.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 00:09 - Aug 15 with 1586 viewsGaryjack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:24 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

Yes. I get how annoying that part is, however I do respect the reasons for it. The 3pm window is there to protect an important cultural tradition in our country. Personally I'm ok to make that trade off.

The answer is in your post. Go to the match!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 23:26]

Oh shut up you self righteous tvvat!

Football fans in this country are being ripped off right left and centre by Sky, Bt and our own fvckin clubs just to line the pockets of shareholders, players and their agents, and you talk about 'cultural traditions'! Piss off is it!
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 00:18 - Aug 15 with 1562 viewsSwanjaxs

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:24 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

Yes. I get how annoying that part is, however I do respect the reasons for it. The 3pm window is there to protect an important cultural tradition in our country. Personally I'm ok to make that trade off.

The answer is in your post. Go to the match!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 23:26]

Oh my fàckin heart bleeds for the traditional 3pm kick offs mate, thing is we'll probably only get a handful of these at home this season (thanks sky/bt) .... so basically your "cultural tradition" argument went out of the window years ago 🤣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 00:48 - Aug 15 with 1537 viewsClydachjack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:44 - Aug 14 by swans11

you are wrong they changed the laws recently that was the case but now it's actually illegal to stream anything copyrighted

No I'm not, the law states it's illegal to share or distribute copyright materiel, if your only receiving the data your not sharing it. If that was the case if someone on say youtube filed and copyright notice on a video and you watched that video then you would be breaking the law even if you didn't know anything about it.

It's misinformation like what you just said that confuses everything.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 0:53]
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 01:06 - Aug 15 with 1507 viewsbluenile

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:47 - Aug 14 by Neath_Jack

Why did you give it away if you still use it?

Whoooooosssshhhhh!!!!!!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 01:07 - Aug 15 with 1507 viewsEasternJack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 00:09 - Aug 15 by Garyjack

Oh shut up you self righteous tvvat!

Football fans in this country are being ripped off right left and centre by Sky, Bt and our own fvckin clubs just to line the pockets of shareholders, players and their agents, and you talk about 'cultural traditions'! Piss off is it!

So that justifies stealing?

Fair enough if you're comfortable with that.

And if you're so against cultural traditions, why the fuuck are you still following a team and sport that by your definition has become a corporate money making machine designed to empty your pockets? You're inconsistent.

Trying to elevate the conversation to discuss the motivations (and out of control problems) involved. Some people just want things for free.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:09 - Aug 15 with 1432 viewsDr_Winston

I wonder how desperate we'd be to have 3pm PL kick offs televised if we were still in the lower leagues. Wasn't that long ago we were grumping about the Swansea Senior League affecting our attendances, never mind the armchair fans being able to watch every Man Utd game in real time HD.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:43 - Aug 15 with 1393 viewsjojaca

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:09 - Aug 15 by Dr_Winston

I wonder how desperate we'd be to have 3pm PL kick offs televised if we were still in the lower leagues. Wasn't that long ago we were grumping about the Swansea Senior League affecting our attendances, never mind the armchair fans being able to watch every Man Utd game in real time HD.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Viewing figures from Sky/BT must have nose dived down from the opening weekend games to send out scaremongering alerts already.

I can't believe ten years ago I was probably paying Sky close to £100 a month, but can't remember struggling like today with household bills. Back in those days as well, you had all the football on one platform(Sky), now BT have taken a chunk of sports away from Sky and you wonder why sports is so expensive.

I subscribe to Sportsmania now for £50 a quid a year and so far I can watch basically every sport available to me, it can be a pain at times buffering because router is quite a distance away from TV and other family members using bandwith. If there are minority willing to pay for streaming services, it shows fans are willing to pay at reasonable costs.

Even when you know, you never know?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:47 - Aug 15 with 1387 viewsEasternJack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:43 - Aug 15 by jojaca

Viewing figures from Sky/BT must have nose dived down from the opening weekend games to send out scaremongering alerts already.

I can't believe ten years ago I was probably paying Sky close to £100 a month, but can't remember struggling like today with household bills. Back in those days as well, you had all the football on one platform(Sky), now BT have taken a chunk of sports away from Sky and you wonder why sports is so expensive.

I subscribe to Sportsmania now for £50 a quid a year and so far I can watch basically every sport available to me, it can be a pain at times buffering because router is quite a distance away from TV and other family members using bandwith. If there are minority willing to pay for streaming services, it shows fans are willing to pay at reasonable costs.

Agreed. But how do you deflate the bubble without killing off teams like ours? Also how do you get any of the clubs to buy into this change without going down the old Spanish route of allowing clubs to individually sell rights to their own games - again, a solution that would bury us.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:51 - Aug 15 with 1379 viewsAngelRangelQS

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:43 - Aug 15 by jojaca

Exactly.

Compare the price of an Amazon prime or Netflix susbscription with Sky Movies, for instance. Most people I know who used to illegally download/stream music or tv programmes are quite happy paying £7 a month for Netflix, £10 for Spotify Premium etc.

The competition BT brought was supposed to be good for fans but it's just been the opposite.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:58 - Aug 15 with 1363 viewsWhiterockin

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:51 - Aug 15 by AngelRangelQS

Exactly.

Compare the price of an Amazon prime or Netflix susbscription with Sky Movies, for instance. Most people I know who used to illegally download/stream music or tv programmes are quite happy paying £7 a month for Netflix, £10 for Spotify Premium etc.

The competition BT brought was supposed to be good for fans but it's just been the opposite.

There are sites in this country where you can pay £10 a month or less and get all the live sport you could wish for (in full HD with no buffering) including Saturday 3 pm kick offs.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:04 - Aug 15 with 1356 viewsjojaca

The internet is killing off satellite TV.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 8:04]

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:09 - Aug 15 with 1342 viewsAngelRangelQS

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 07:58 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

There are sites in this country where you can pay £10 a month or less and get all the live sport you could wish for (in full HD with no buffering) including Saturday 3 pm kick offs.

Not legally though?

If they gave fans better access to all games and it cost a decent amount without all the add ons I'm sure people would pay sky for the pleasure
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:17 - Aug 15 with 1327 viewsWhiterockin

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:09 - Aug 15 by AngelRangelQS

Not legally though?

If they gave fans better access to all games and it cost a decent amount without all the add ons I'm sure people would pay sky for the pleasure

Fans are paying for it now in the way I said, so obviously they would pay in a new format. If Sky/BT don't change soon everyone who wishes, will be using a VPN and paying a subscription anyway. By the end of this season Sky's live viewing figures will collapse, because if you have set a system to watch the Saturday 3pm kick offs, sure as hell you won't pay subs to watch their other products.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:23 - Aug 15 with 1315 viewsswan65split

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:10 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

Streaming is stealing - and there's no rational justification.

However the PL needs to look at how the music and tv industry have broadly addressed the problem through monetising direct streaming themselves.

The issue for the PL is that brings a massive risk to the current tv money bubble (not to mention the FAs concerns around attendances across the pyramid). The change needs to come, however the implications for all clubs would be huge - and would bury teams like us where TV money is everything. It may prove to be the catalyst for the Euro super league..

Streaming is stealing.......hmmm, perhaps so is Sky etc are doing the same now having individual channels for leagues, so I pay my fee and perhaps watch only 10% of the games, the rest I have no interest in, ........but I have no option,
As a supporter you pay your money to watch your team, and we have a team that wont/cant play one of its best players because hes either mulling of his transfer, and how much extra hes going to get, or we are are afraid to play him in case he gets injured and bye bye millions!
I think you'll find its the TV and clubs and players are perhaps stealing, from us, those with little choice.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:36 - Aug 15 with 1290 viewsjojaca

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:23 - Aug 15 by swan65split

Streaming is stealing.......hmmm, perhaps so is Sky etc are doing the same now having individual channels for leagues, so I pay my fee and perhaps watch only 10% of the games, the rest I have no interest in, ........but I have no option,
As a supporter you pay your money to watch your team, and we have a team that wont/cant play one of its best players because hes either mulling of his transfer, and how much extra hes going to get, or we are are afraid to play him in case he gets injured and bye bye millions!
I think you'll find its the TV and clubs and players are perhaps stealing, from us, those with little choice.

Steaming is stealing.....how can I live with myself on £7.50 an hour and having to stop at the food banks on the way home from work.

"Oh, look there's Jefferson Montero in his Ferrari driving past on his £40,000 a week, when was the last time he kicked a football love?".

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 1277 viewsMo_Wives

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:04 - Aug 15 by jojaca

Was that an accidental or intentional reference to the Buggles hit 'video killed the radio star"?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 09:23 - Aug 15 with 1237 viewsWarwickHunt

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 08:04 - Aug 15 by jojaca

Do you think I should get rid of my Betamax then?
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 12:36 - Aug 15 with 1135 viewsclement

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 09:23 - Aug 15 by WarwickHunt

Do you think I should get rid of my Betamax then?

keep calm and read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/tv/could-you-be-fined-for-illegal

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 1122 viewsValerie

That's over 2 years old and out of date.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 12:48 - Aug 15 with 1114 viewsWhiterockin

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 12:36 - Aug 15 by clement

keep calm and read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/tv/could-you-be-fined-for-illegal

Read this from a link in the article. Anyway get a VPN and they won't be able to trace you.

People in the UK who persistently download and share pirated content online will start receiving warning letters from their internet service providers (ISPs) from next year.
Internet account holders whose connections are believed to have been used to infringe copyright could reportedly receive up to four warning letters (via email) per year. However, there will be no sanctions for people who decide to ignore the letters.
The aim of the letters is to boost consumer awareness of the wide array of legitimate online content services and help reduce online copyright infringement, according to a group of representatives from the UK's creative industries and major ISPs.
The warning system, known as Creative Content UK (formerly VCAP), is the result of years of negotiations between ISPs and industry bodies representing the UK's creative industries, including the Motion Picture Association (MPA) and the BPI (British Recorded Music Industry).
The original enforcement regime was outlined in the Digital Economy Act, which was rushed through parliament under the previous Labour government in 2010.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 14:01 - Aug 15 with 1048 viewsjack2jack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 12:48 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Read this from a link in the article. Anyway get a VPN and they won't be able to trace you.

People in the UK who persistently download and share pirated content online will start receiving warning letters from their internet service providers (ISPs) from next year.
Internet account holders whose connections are believed to have been used to infringe copyright could reportedly receive up to four warning letters (via email) per year. However, there will be no sanctions for people who decide to ignore the letters.
The aim of the letters is to boost consumer awareness of the wide array of legitimate online content services and help reduce online copyright infringement, according to a group of representatives from the UK's creative industries and major ISPs.
The warning system, known as Creative Content UK (formerly VCAP), is the result of years of negotiations between ISPs and industry bodies representing the UK's creative industries, including the Motion Picture Association (MPA) and the BPI (British Recorded Music Industry).
The original enforcement regime was outlined in the Digital Economy Act, which was rushed through parliament under the previous Labour government in 2010.

I wonder if ISP's are paying lip service to this problem, I mean they will only alienate their customers.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 1008 viewsWhiterockin

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 14:01 - Aug 15 by jack2jack

I wonder if ISP's are paying lip service to this problem, I mean they will only alienate their customers.

Agree. If ISP starts giving its customers a hard time and not all ISP's follow customers will just move. This really is a case where the customer has the power.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 15:03 - Aug 15 with 988 viewsPass1234

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 19:58 - Aug 14 by Mo_Wives

Never had a Kodi box. Although I remember fishing in Loughor estuary once and one came out of the sky and caught me on the back of my head.

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 16:06 - Aug 15 with 948 viewsGaryjack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 01:07 - Aug 15 by EasternJack

So that justifies stealing?

Fair enough if you're comfortable with that.

And if you're so against cultural traditions, why the fuuck are you still following a team and sport that by your definition has become a corporate money making machine designed to empty your pockets? You're inconsistent.

Trying to elevate the conversation to discuss the motivations (and out of control problems) involved. Some people just want things for free.

Please explain how i am stealing or want something for free? I subscribe to both Sky and BT! How am i stealing something that they cannot provide me with or allow me to pay for?

I have no idea what makes you believe that i am against cultural traditions, i'm all for them, but i shouldn't have to respect something that these companies along with the Premier league threw out of the window a long time ago. It is not 'my team' that has gone down this route by the way, 'my team' is Swansea City FC, not the players who come and go or the owners/corporates who wish to squeeze every last penny out of the fans who support it.

Do you not think football has become a corporate money making machine designed to empty our pockets of as much cash as it can then? Really! What a naive individual you are!
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 16:50 - Aug 15 with 907 viewsploppy

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 14:47 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Agree. If ISP starts giving its customers a hard time and not all ISP's follow customers will just move. This really is a case where the customer has the power.

You'd have to wonder what the incentive is for BT to catch people streaming matches being shown on Sky and vice versa. And if you're not a BT or Sky broadband customer (say Talk Talk) there's no incentive for the ISP at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024