Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Streaming scaremongering? 19:25 - Aug 14 with 8272 viewsPrivate_Partz

The One Show were on the case tonight. Telling us we face 10 years in jail if we stream certain stuff via a set top box.
It turns out one geezer SELLING the boxes has had a four year stretch.
The boxes are dangerous as well and could set fire to your house.
As many will know I am a techno idiot. What do the experts think?
Before anyone picks me up I purposely shoved this on the Footy Board because of the obvious Swans relatied interest.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:46 - Aug 14 with 1867 viewsLoyal

I bet there are plenty of folk shitting themselves tonight.
Fcking idiots 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:47 - Aug 14 with 1867 viewsNeath_Jack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:39 - Aug 14 by cosy121

I've gave my kodi to next door.i still use it via wifi.lol

Why did you give it away if you still use it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:57 - Aug 14 with 1830 viewslonglostjack

SurfEasy is good.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

N/A. on 21:06 - Aug 14 with 1795 viewsHuw57

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:24 - Aug 14 by AngelRangelQS

Oh come on... chuck people in jail for streaming football?

Isn't this the same rubbish they trotted out for years about downloading music and films etc?

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:33]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:10 - Aug 14 with 1781 viewsEasternJack

Streaming is stealing - and there's no rational justification.

However the PL needs to look at how the music and tv industry have broadly addressed the problem through monetising direct streaming themselves.

The issue for the PL is that brings a massive risk to the current tv money bubble (not to mention the FAs concerns around attendances across the pyramid). The change needs to come, however the implications for all clubs would be huge - and would bury teams like us where TV money is everything. It may prove to be the catalyst for the Euro super league..

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:27 - Aug 14 with 1735 viewsBournedore

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:39 - Aug 14 by cosy121

I've gave my kodi to next door.i still use it via wifi.lol

Unfortunately my neighbours, several friends, tradesman etc have all had access to my wifi code. If there was any streaming going on through my IP address it could be any of those bastards. It certainly isn't me.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:41 - Aug 14 with 1691 viewsValerie

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:27 - Aug 14 by Bournedore

Unfortunately my neighbours, several friends, tradesman etc have all had access to my wifi code. If there was any streaming going on through my IP address it could be any of those bastards. It certainly isn't me.

Have they all got access to the device you use also ? which has all your emails,bank details,commercial accounts etc on it.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:43 - Aug 14 with 1681 viewssherpajacob

Isn't this the same rubbish they trotted out for years about downloading music and films etc?

If the rozzers come round should I hide my Friday rock show C90's from 1981-84.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 1667 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:48 - Aug 14 with 1659 viewssherpajacob

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:27 - Aug 14 by Bournedore

Change your WiFi network display name to something like,

"SWP streaming surveillance team, Van no.1"

It will put the sh1ts up them.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:52 - Aug 14 with 1637 viewsShaky

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:10 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

Streaming is stealing - and there's no rational justification.

However the PL needs to look at how the music and tv industry have broadly addressed the problem through monetising direct streaming themselves.

The issue for the PL is that brings a massive risk to the current tv money bubble (not to mention the FAs concerns around attendances across the pyramid). The change needs to come, however the implications for all clubs would be huge - and would bury teams like us where TV money is everything. It may prove to be the catalyst for the Euro super league..

Can't agree with you there, Eastern.

Streaming at the user end is most certainly not stealing. What has been taken? Absolutely nothing, not even bandwidth!

Instead it is a question of copyright breach. I haven't looked into any details of this apparent new legislation, but would be very interested to see prosecutions tested in court. in particular, I don't see how matters related to contractual disputes can ever be deemed criminal. Seems totally at odds with the justice system.

As for rational justification, in the US you can buy NBC's comprehensive Premier League coverage for $50 per season! 35 quid!! I'd pay that, and the majority of streamers in the UK with illegal subscription services pay what 3x that?

The man in the street is constantly being screwed over by globalisation, with jobs moved to the lowest cost locations at the drop of a hat. Now technology allows us to take advantage of what is in effect a price arbitrage opportunity, but we are being prevented from doing that by artificial legal barriers. Fcuk that.

The theory of competitive markets dictates price differences between substantially similar market segments will be eliminated by things like technology, and that is exactly what is happening.

Murdoch likes free markets when he wants to do takeovers but not so much when it is working to the advantage of consumers. Tough shit.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 22:02]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:01 - Aug 14 with 1604 viewsGaryjack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:48 - Aug 14 by sherpajacob

Change your WiFi network display name to something like,

"SWP streaming surveillance team, Van no.1"

It will put the sh1ts up them.

Afraid not, the vans are out already tonight. Nicked a few fishermen down Loughor Estuary apparently.

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:06 - Aug 14 with 1584 viewsploppy

One thing that struck me was the wording of "the law". Caveat: I haven't read the legislation - it was someone's paraphrasing of it. The wording was something like "streaming for free something that you should have been paying for". Well, what about 3pm kick offs? If I stream a 3pm kick off, it obviously wasn't available in the UK so I couldn't have watched it by paying for it anyway. So who have I defrauded?

Feel free to correct me on the wording or my rationale.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:16 - Aug 14 with 1544 viewsphact0rri

Catch on fire... well there is heat involved, so its not out of the question that there have been cases. But I'm pretty sure putting Kodi on a machine doesn't suddenly increases its combustibility. :)

As far as prosecuting streamers... that seems like blatant waste of money. To me it seems like the actual content holders would rather litigate personal suits than to have the crown do it. Not that in either case its as simple as they make it out to be. For a proper sentencing don't you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt of being guilty. And there are many excuses one could make to having had some files downloaded on your machine. anything from "oh I clicked the link in the email I got" to "it was the little lad then wasn't it?"
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 22:17]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 1534 viewsEdmundo

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 19:28 - Aug 14 by jack247

I'm not an expert and I'm sure they'd only make a few examples of people, but they'd fill the jails and probably bankrupt the country if they actually enforced that

Just don't want us to have anything free.

What are these warnings like the 'cliff edge apocalypse' which is due to happen after Brexit 😂

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:28 - Aug 14 with 1516 viewsAngelRangelQS

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:20 - Aug 14 by Edmundo

What are these warnings like the 'cliff edge apocalypse' which is due to happen after Brexit 😂

The cost is only one part of as far as I'm concerned. I don't have sky because I'm not remotely interested in watching most games they have on there. The games I do want to watch I would either have to take up the main tele or be relegated somewhere else with the iPad and SkyGo. Unless I wanted to pay an extra £12 for sky multiroom or whatever it's called these days. At least you can cast the BT Sports app (currently have BT sports free with my broadband and phone line). It really is f*cking robbery

If they had a decently priced package that allowed me to watch all of our away games though, I'd be quite happy to pay for that. In this day and age, I don't know why you can't
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:33 - Aug 14 with 1502 viewsClydachjack

It's illegal to share, not receive. With streaming your only receiving. As long as you don't use something like pulse or acestream in kodi then your fine.

Pulse and acestream use bit torrent tech, so your sharing the stream to others, thats illegal.

If your really worried then get a vpn, that way nothing is blocked and no one can trace you.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:34 - Aug 14 with 1499 viewsairedale

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 19:30 - Aug 14 by Smellyplumz

Tell em to go f uck themselves with a cactus!

Cactus hey? How v 21st century. It was a pineapple when I was younger, and a ragman's trumpet before that.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:36 - Aug 14 with 1492 viewsspiderboy

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 20:28 - Aug 14 by Smellyplumz

Ten years in jail for using a box but they are quite happy to hide dirty fking pedophiles in their organisation helping them avoid jail.

Spot on..the filthy fukking vermin paedo type are seriously spread thickly between the masses.
I cant stand the thought of being close in proximity to the heathen death smell of a paedo.
Would rather be done for murder ten fold than be close to one of those stinking leach filthy full of slime low life half eaten rats.
Baseball bat the fukkinnng lot of em!
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:54 - Aug 14 with 1452 viewscontroversial_jack

Scaremongering, just like the TV detector vans that didn't exist.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:54 - Aug 14 with 1451 viewsGaryjack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:20 - Aug 14 by Edmundo

There is not one single documentation of a kodi box causing a house fire anywhere on the www despite millions upon millions of these boxes being used worldwide. Plenty of national newspapers claiming that they do mind, including 'the Sun' running a scare story the day after the Grenfell Tower fire!

https://securitygladiators.com/kodi-boxes-fire-hazard/

Yep, they don't want us to have anything for free. The big boys, whether it be your utility providers, shops and stores, or private internet and TV companies. They all want to take as much of our money as they possibly can. And our governments (whoever is in power) allows them to do it.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:07 - Aug 14 with 1407 viewsEasternJack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 21:52 - Aug 14 by Shaky

Can't agree with you there, Eastern.

Streaming at the user end is most certainly not stealing. What has been taken? Absolutely nothing, not even bandwidth!

Instead it is a question of copyright breach. I haven't looked into any details of this apparent new legislation, but would be very interested to see prosecutions tested in court. in particular, I don't see how matters related to contractual disputes can ever be deemed criminal. Seems totally at odds with the justice system.

As for rational justification, in the US you can buy NBC's comprehensive Premier League coverage for $50 per season! 35 quid!! I'd pay that, and the majority of streamers in the UK with illegal subscription services pay what 3x that?

The man in the street is constantly being screwed over by globalisation, with jobs moved to the lowest cost locations at the drop of a hat. Now technology allows us to take advantage of what is in effect a price arbitrage opportunity, but we are being prevented from doing that by artificial legal barriers. Fcuk that.

The theory of competitive markets dictates price differences between substantially similar market segments will be eliminated by things like technology, and that is exactly what is happening.

Murdoch likes free markets when he wants to do takeovers but not so much when it is working to the advantage of consumers. Tough shit.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 22:02]

I get your point. For the past 5 years I've legally had access to every EPL match for around £2 a month in India. Coming home next week and not looking forward to the change in cost - however I'm unlikely to revert to streaming.

Regardless of the current law, ethically it is taking something for free that someone invested money to produce with the intention to sell commercially.

Just because I don't want to pay, doesnt justify accessing the content "illegally" for free.

The system needs to change, but there's a bubble to manage.

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:13 - Aug 14 with 1389 viewsploppy

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:07 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

I get your point. For the past 5 years I've legally had access to every EPL match for around £2 a month in India. Coming home next week and not looking forward to the change in cost - however I'm unlikely to revert to streaming.

Regardless of the current law, ethically it is taking something for free that someone invested money to produce with the intention to sell commercially.

Just because I don't want to pay, doesnt justify accessing the content "illegally" for free.

The system needs to change, but there's a bubble to manage.

It won't just be the change in cost. In India, you've had access to every PL match. In the UK you won't - regardless of how much you're willing to pay. You'll see none of the Saturday 3pm kick offs, for example - unless you go to the match, obviously.
BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:24 - Aug 14 with 1371 viewsEasternJack

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:13 - Aug 14 by ploppy

It won't just be the change in cost. In India, you've had access to every PL match. In the UK you won't - regardless of how much you're willing to pay. You'll see none of the Saturday 3pm kick offs, for example - unless you go to the match, obviously.

Yes. I get how annoying that part is, however I do respect the reasons for it. The 3pm window is there to protect an important cultural tradition in our country. Personally I'm ok to make that trade off.

The answer is in your post. Go to the match!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 23:26]

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 23:44 - Aug 14 with 1340 viewsswans11

BBC Streaming scaremongering? on 22:33 - Aug 14 by Clydachjack

It's illegal to share, not receive. With streaming your only receiving. As long as you don't use something like pulse or acestream in kodi then your fine.

Pulse and acestream use bit torrent tech, so your sharing the stream to others, thats illegal.

If your really worried then get a vpn, that way nothing is blocked and no one can trace you.

you are wrong they changed the laws recently that was the case but now it's actually illegal to stream anything copyrighted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024