Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new way of playing 13:56 - Aug 19 with 5724 viewsE20Jack

Regardless of result. That is one of the most positive, encouraging and exciting displays for a long time, against one of the best Man United sides for years. And it is a formation and style they are still adapting to.

Pace in the pass, fluid movement and organisation at the back.

With a few signings we will be fine.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 1:52]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Our new way of playing on 16:12 - Aug 19 with 1490 viewsLeonWasGod

Our new way of playing on 14:34 - Aug 19 by Jokeren1943

Swansea do not have to compare itself to United.

Swansea did extremely well today

Need to fix minor issues like having more players in the box and the defense still need fine-tuning

We obviously need a goal threat. We've only avoided relegation in the last 2 seasons because of the combined efforts of Andre Ayew, Siggy and Llorente. 2 of the 3 gone and the other injured and may not be as effective without Siggy. You can't keep selling quality and not replace it without eventually paying the price (relegation).

3-4 QUALITY players needed, with at least 1-2 who can make a difference in the final third. This squad has been aging and getting weaker for years.
Our new way of playing on 16:13 - Aug 19 with 1488 viewsE20Jack

Our new way of playing on 14:52 - Aug 19 by Running_Man

"Clement is moving this team in the right direction away from the set piece rubbish we have become accustomed to"

You mean scoring from set pieces? Can we keep that "piece of rubbish" please?

No, that was anti-football.

We didn't score in 33% of PL games last season. I am sure we will fare better under this system.

We played the probable champions today who tonked West Ham 4-0 last week too.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Our new way of playing on 16:14 - Aug 19 with 1488 viewsSwanseajill

Our new way of playing on 15:45 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

We already look better side, even without spending the money yet.

That game was more than encouraging and anyone that's not seen that today never will. Yeah United were better and arguably good for 2 nil, but the gap has got bigger between the very top and the rest the last couple of seasons and this will show throughout the season. They've got it all it seems and we'll mop up the tears around us when these players finally arrive.

Bony would've been perfect today, so many times did we need that type of player to hold it up as he does so well.

Through gritted teeth I have to agree. Great fight from our squad, but from kick off I didn't want to see an away goal, I knew with the power and strength in the opposition, they would nobble us.

Well done my team who were so up for it, spoiled by needing to sit next to a Man U supporter.
Our new way of playing on 16:16 - Aug 19 with 1483 viewsawayjack

Our new way of playing on 14:36 - Aug 19 by AngelRangelQS

Defensively solid yes but other than that what game were you watching??

Created very little, no attacking intent. Looked crap.

It was a better performance than last week but I agree people are clutching at straws. One shit in target form 2 games so far. I'd be suprised if Ayew and Tammy get 10 goals between them. AM and forward line not PL quality. Name another PL team that has no proven AM or goal scorer?
Our new way of playing on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 1474 viewsJack_Kass

Can you name the players who are going to score goals for this team?

2 games, 0 goals.

Away to Palace next week. No doubt another backs to the wall display, hopefully with the same luck we had against Southampton
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 16:19]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Our new way of playing on 16:25 - Aug 19 with 1435 viewswobbly

Our new way of playing on 16:08 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

Yeah but you do realise we haven't spent the money yet.

We let ourselves down from a corner at the worst time but the first half was bloody good. And let's face it, being honest now, how do you rate them? Because I felt they were really impressive.

This SP Boy is way off. Not a thinker of the beautiful game, probably watches it from the pub.

Of course I realise. That's why my first post said that this was a big couple of weeks for the board. They've shown they are excellent at selling in this window. Now they need to show they can recycle the money to improve us.

The first half was okay. Bloody good is stretching it. We were toothless in open play last year too. But last year we could always hope for something from a set piece to get us back into it. This year, there is nothing. And nothing on the bench to change it either.

Allen and Bony are not the answer.
Our new way of playing on 16:28 - Aug 19 with 1422 viewsDr_Winston

We are still in the same position that was blindingly obvious at the end of last season. Despite the demands from many quarters for a new RB or CB, the vast majority of the Sigurdsson money needs to be spent in the attacking third of the pitch because that's what let us down today.

Had we had any kind of outlet we'd have competed much better, and may not have had to make the tactical change that Mourinho exploited so ruthlessly. Abraham looks a decent player but it's a massive ask of a rookie to battle alone upfront with very little support for 90 minutes against a team of Man Utd's quality. More and more a move for Bony makes sense.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our new way of playing on 16:29 - Aug 19 with 1418 viewsvetchonian

Why is it if this is our new formation We didn't start with it last Saturday?
Clem decided to go with 5 at the back after seeing Utd last week
Today's set up was defensive for home I would have though it was more suited
To awY games. Some may argue we were playing with 3 at the back wut 2 wing backs but
In reality we had a defensive line up more a reaction to last week
Key points again the ref favoured the top six side Progba should gave seen red but the refbottlet it had that happened maybe a different result.......we should have scored foliwing a other whe. Tammy missed a header and Ayew a tap in 1-1 would have got Utd worrier
Again the officials allowed Utd. To get away with lots
We lack crevtivity and while Ayew has a great work rate and finds space he is wasteful with ball and gave it away .i question whether we will find these 3 great signings given our recent history of player acquisition

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Our new way of playing on 21:42 - Aug 19 with 1302 viewsvetchonian

Our new way of playing on 16:13 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

No, that was anti-football.

We didn't score in 33% of PL games last season. I am sure we will fare better under this system.

We played the probable champions today who tonked West Ham 4-0 last week too.

Our best chances of scoring today came at set pieces!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Our new way of playing on 21:44 - Aug 19 with 1298 viewsDJack

Our new way of playing on 14:54 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

You will see the total opposite and clueless fools like you will disappear from radar once again.

With 3 record signings still to come we can look at top 10.

Come on Res, we wont see three record signings. I'm afraid that we may not even see one.

Our first eleven ain't great and our bench...well, say no more. We need at least 3 DECENT signings, let's wait and see what transpires mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Our new way of playing on 15:59 - May 10 with 965 viewsDarran

Our new way of playing on 14:36 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

Dont let the last 10 minutes cloud your view.

I will happily request this to be bookmarked. We are a far better side than we were last year. We went with our new formation against what looks like the best side in the country by some distance. I have not felt this positive after a performance for a long long time.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our new way of playing on 16:01 - May 10 with 959 viewsDarran

Our new way of playing on 14:54 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

You will see the total opposite and clueless fools like you will disappear from radar once again.

With 3 record signings still to come we can look at top 10.

lol.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our new way of playing on 16:58 - May 10 with 877 viewsswan65split

Our new way of playing on 16:01 - May 10 by Darran

lol.

Oh dear , thanks
Our new way of playing on 17:14 - May 10 with 840 viewsicecoldjack

And most normal people tended to follow similar words and comments that i made myself, nothing special just a bit of common sense

"Tammy is not ready for this level yet, debatable if he will get up to speed before his confidence ebbs away .
Carol flatters to deceive, needs to improve.
Fer, just an enigma .
Ayew, lacks confidence to shoot but probably our best player today..

So siging players in the right areas is going to be critical, Llorente would have scored 2 of the chances Tammy spurned but Tammy is going to play a part, it's going to be very difficult for clement who i think was spot on with selcetion but blew it all with his change of subs and formation ."
Our new way of playing on 17:17 - May 10 with 825 viewsmagicdaps10

Our new way of playing on 17:14 - May 10 by icecoldjack

And most normal people tended to follow similar words and comments that i made myself, nothing special just a bit of common sense

"Tammy is not ready for this level yet, debatable if he will get up to speed before his confidence ebbs away .
Carol flatters to deceive, needs to improve.
Fer, just an enigma .
Ayew, lacks confidence to shoot but probably our best player today..

So siging players in the right areas is going to be critical, Llorente would have scored 2 of the chances Tammy spurned but Tammy is going to play a part, it's going to be very difficult for clement who i think was spot on with selcetion but blew it all with his change of subs and formation ."

This is just class.

Questioned me for proof that he was wrong....loads out there but thanks for this one.

The biggest plebs in the history of Swansea City forums.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our new way of playing on 17:29 - May 10 with 793 viewsAnotherJohn

Our new way of playing on 15:59 - May 10 by Darran

lol

Yep, this was a reply to my post and was probably the point where I realised this poster saw the world very differently from most of us.

Funnily enough Darren's second selection from the other resident oracle was also directed at me, but I suspect most of us have had his number even longer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024