Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 17:47 - Aug 19 with 46814 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clucas on 20:54 - Aug 21 with 4083 viewsThornburyswan

Clucas on 20:28 - Aug 21 by TheFranchise

Anyone heard anything about Wilshere on loan?

He's just been red carded for the U21s so clearly a tad frustrated
Clucas on 20:59 - Aug 21 with 4045 viewsTheFranchise

Clucas on 20:54 - Aug 21 by Thornburyswan

He's just been red carded for the U21s so clearly a tad frustrated

Clucas on 21:04 - Aug 21 with 3984 viewsNeath_Jack

Clucas on 20:59 - Aug 21 by TheFranchise

Just watched that, bit of handbags after he pushed the chap that fouled him, to the floor.

Was gesturing to someone to finish it off down the tunnel.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Clucas on 21:08 - Aug 21 with 3938 viewsmacthejack

Clucas on 21:04 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

Just watched that, bit of handbags after he pushed the chap that fouled him, to the floor.

Was gesturing to someone to finish it off down the tunnel.

If he wasn't a football player he'd be in prison.

Injury prone coke head (allegedly) I for one wish him nothing but abject failure, preferably while playing for Cardiff.
Clucas on 06:15 - Aug 22 with 3538 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 21:09 - Aug 19 by jack247

Give or take a few quid, this would be our club record signing. From the little I saw of Hull last season, he was one of their better players, but it's a hell of a lot of money for someone who probably isn't going to be a game changer.

Yeah, this is a big worry for me too, 247.

We already have a left-footed, smooth passing midfielder and a quick, tireless left back, both acquired just last window. I truly don't understand why we'd focus on bringing in an overpriced, mediocre option in positions we just filled with good players. We need creativity, pace, finishing ability, dribbling, end product. This guy doesn't really offer those, certainly not to the level we need.

As a replacement for Fer, I'd take him. For all of Leroy's physical and technical abilities, he is one of the laziest footballers I've ever seen. As a box-to-box mid, that's inexcusable. I'd be ecstatic to upgrade to Clucas. But as a big chunk of the Siggy windfall? No thanks. There truly are far, far better players for cheaper prices, still out there. That is not being negative about the guy, it's reality.

We have had all summer to contact every club in the world (and PC has some phone numbers) and somehow we end up with Hull and Clucas for £16.5m? It really is insane, and speaks to how inept we are. If anyone thought Viera's quality was a bad idea for £27m, this has to boggle the mind. And as to the posers claiming they know and love this guy so much now, I haven't seen his name pop up on this forum once, ever. Awful coincidental the usual suspects are now his biggest "fans".

Having said all that, if he does sign I'll support him like every other player and hope he lives up to the hefty pricetag. I've known a few gingers, they're rather passionate, fiery individuals and we can certainly use some of that. Not a bad signing if the price is right.

(FWIW, £16.5m is not the right price)
Clucas on 06:26 - Aug 22 with 3516 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 21:30 - Aug 19 by BytholWyn

If we are signing him let's make sure we don't make the simplistic assumption that he's a direct replacement for Siggy. He clearly is not. If anything he's there to challenge Fer for the box-to-box role, and to provide all-round versatility. He's played left back, left wing as well as in more central areas for Hull last season. He even played a couple of games at centre back (and did well by all accounts) - which isn't that surprising when you consider he's 6'2".

If we sign Clucas it's as a Jack of all Trades (hopefully not master of none) all-rounder. His contribution would have to be seen in this light.

Agreed, Bythol.

I know Clement has watched and studied Atletico/Simeone quite a bit, and has done his best to emulate their style of play with us (I posted about it last season), and this signing seems to confirm that.

They mostly play a 442 that morphs into 451 when in defence, with Griezmann dropping back into midfield, and switch to 433 when in attack. They pack the middle and relentlessly push their opponents out wide in order to frustrate them, so they can spring quick counters typically by using Torres as a targetman to link-up play. One of the wide midfielders pushes up and then plays the role of a winger in order to facilitate the runs of their strikers (particularly Griezmann).

Simeone likes his midfielders to be versatile, capable of playing in the middle or out wide depending on the team/situation. He likes quick, energetic, and aggressive players that can do a job in attack and defence. From what I've seen of him, Clucas will essentially be our version of Atletico's Saul, a Swiss army knife-footballer that can be plugged in all over the pitch and perform. Nowhere near the ability, obviously, and I only watched a handful of Hull games last season so I don't know the guy too well. But if PC had any input in this, he sees what I see and will use Clucas likewise.

In Clement we trust.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 6:35]
Clucas on 06:34 - Aug 22 with 3482 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 16:48 - Aug 21 by raynor94

This post is very apt for this board, he hasn't got a fancy foreign name, I wouldn't say I'm ecstatic, but let's at least give the boy a chance

There's nothing "fancy" about having a foreign name, Raynor.

The reason so many "fancy foreign names" get thrown around on here is because most of them are good players. And, maybe you missed the "fancy foreign names" of Joe Allen and Patrick Roberts that have made the rounds? News flash: British footballers are mostly sshitt, especially when you compare them to these "fancy foreign names". They're also ridiculously overpriced, and we're a club that can't afford to overpay.

As such, most of our PL success has been down to "fancy foreign names" (Gylfi/Michu/Chico/De Guzman/Bony/Ayew/Llorente), does that really need reminding? Getting better players for less money is the smarter idea and therefore people post about it. How this is difficult for some on here to grasp is beyond me, but to be expected.

If you don't like watching football, that's fine, but others do and we'll go on talking about it, yeah? Join in if you want to, you might enjoy it.
Clucas on 06:38 - Aug 22 with 3474 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 16:57 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

I'm not saying he's preventing it. He did say something about preferring PL experience though.

I've said already today that I disagree with the belief that Clement is just sitting there meekly accepting the players Jenkins gives him. It's nice to paint Jenkins as wholly to blame/credit for the players we bring in but it's really not that simple IMO.

What do you make of the link with Arias then, Doc?

Genuine question.
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 18:16 - Aug 22 with 3274 viewsforkbeard

CLUCAS UPDATE

An update now on Sam Clucas' proposed £16.5m move from Hull to Swansea.

Sky Sports News understands he is undergoing a medical at the Welsh club and the deal will be completed tomorrow.
Clucas on 19:39 - Aug 22 with 3086 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 06:26 - Aug 22 by Nirvana

Agreed, Bythol.

I know Clement has watched and studied Atletico/Simeone quite a bit, and has done his best to emulate their style of play with us (I posted about it last season), and this signing seems to confirm that.

They mostly play a 442 that morphs into 451 when in defence, with Griezmann dropping back into midfield, and switch to 433 when in attack. They pack the middle and relentlessly push their opponents out wide in order to frustrate them, so they can spring quick counters typically by using Torres as a targetman to link-up play. One of the wide midfielders pushes up and then plays the role of a winger in order to facilitate the runs of their strikers (particularly Griezmann).

Simeone likes his midfielders to be versatile, capable of playing in the middle or out wide depending on the team/situation. He likes quick, energetic, and aggressive players that can do a job in attack and defence. From what I've seen of him, Clucas will essentially be our version of Atletico's Saul, a Swiss army knife-footballer that can be plugged in all over the pitch and perform. Nowhere near the ability, obviously, and I only watched a handful of Hull games last season so I don't know the guy too well. But if PC had any input in this, he sees what I see and will use Clucas likewise.

In Clement we trust.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 6:35]

"They mostly play a 442 that morphs into 451 when in defence, with Griezmann dropping back into midfield, and switch to 433 when in attack. "

If they play 451 in defence and 433 in attack, how do they also manage to mostly play 442?

Buggering about in the middle?
Clucas on 20:02 - Aug 22 with 3002 viewsCooperman

Clucas on 19:39 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

"They mostly play a 442 that morphs into 451 when in defence, with Griezmann dropping back into midfield, and switch to 433 when in attack. "

If they play 451 in defence and 433 in attack, how do they also manage to mostly play 442?

Buggering about in the middle?

When they're playing for a draw.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Clucas on 23:24 - Aug 22 with 2760 viewsSwansea93

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-reveals-sam-clucas-1351

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Clucas on 23:28 - Aug 22 with 2737 viewsDr_Winston

Looks like it's happening then.

I'm not going to pretend that I know enough about Clucas to decide whether this is a good deal or not, but I hope he can give us the dynamic midfield approach someone like a JdG did in the past.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 00:32 - Aug 23 with 2603 viewsDyfnant

Clucas on 23:28 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

Looks like it's happening then.

I'm not going to pretend that I know enough about Clucas to decide whether this is a good deal or not, but I hope he can give us the dynamic midfield approach someone like a JdG did in the past.

Fer staying further up field perhaps

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Clucas on 08:21 - Aug 23 with 2437 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Clucas on 00:32 - Aug 23 by Dyfnant

I'd agree with that, especially after seeing PC's comments last night, where he described Leroy as one of the forward players he was pleased to see grab a goal
Clucas on 08:24 - Aug 23 with 2407 viewsWarwickHunt

Clucas on 00:32 - Aug 23 by Dyfnant

Behind the goals as ball boy on Saturday's performance.
Clucas on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 2213 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 08:24 - Aug 23 by WarwickHunt

Behind the goals as ball boy on Saturday's performance.

To be Fer (see what I did), I think his only position is as the tip in midfield. He just lacks the discipline to play elsewhere, but he may work further forward, as he's pretty skilful and has a good instinct for a goal as well.

His laziness will be less of a threat to us as the CAM.

I suspect when all is settled, if we play a diamond we'll play Mesa, Clucas and Ki either side, Fer at the top. If we play with wingbacks, we'll see a midfield three of Mesa, Clucas and Ki, and if we use wings, we'll play Ayew one side and Routledge / Narsingh the other with Fer or possibly Ki in the hole, and Mesa, Clucas holding.

Carroll will be on the bench (I think Clement likes Ki), with Leon or Fulton if he stays. Fer on the bench depending on formation.

We could do with a really good AM / wide player though to replace Fer in each formation, or replace Routledge / Narsingh in the 451 formation. Chadli could fit in each of those.
Clucas on 12:22 - Aug 23 with 2173 viewsJackSkellington

Clucas on 12:17 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

To be Fer (see what I did), I think his only position is as the tip in midfield. He just lacks the discipline to play elsewhere, but he may work further forward, as he's pretty skilful and has a good instinct for a goal as well.

I suspect when all is settled, if we play a diamond we'll play Mesa, Clucas and Ki either side, Fer at the top. If we play with wingbacks, we'll see a midfield three of Mesa, Clucas and Ki, and if we use wings, we'll play Ayew one side and Routledge / Narsingh the other with Fer or possibly Ki in the hole, and Mesa, Clucas holding.

Carroll will be on the bench (I think Clement likes Ki), with Leon or Fulton if he stays. Fer on the bench depending on formation.

We could do with a really good AM / wide player though to replace Fer in each formation, or replace Routledge / Narsingh in the 451 formation. Chadli could fit in each of those.

"To be Fer (see what I did)"

Channelled your inner Cilla Black?
Clucas on 12:24 - Aug 23 with 2151 viewsWhiterockin

Personally I think Carroll will be a starter as he is earmarked for the set plays. Don't be surprised to see Tammy play wide, like has has done for the England U21's ,when we have either Llorente or another forward fit to play.
Clucas on 12:28 - Aug 23 with 2132 viewsPegojack

Steven Hawking would be an improvement on Routledge in a 451, or any other formation.
Clucas on 12:39 - Aug 23 with 2040 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 12:24 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

Personally I think Carroll will be a starter as he is earmarked for the set plays. Don't be surprised to see Tammy play wide, like has has done for the England U21's ,when we have either Llorente or another forward fit to play.

For Carroll to start, we'd have to assume Clucas would play the most defensive role, with Mesa on the right, with no Ki which is possible.

I can't see us paying £12m for each of Mesa and Clucas and not starting them.

I just get the impression Clement rates Ki over Carroll. Maybe that's not the case.
Clucas on 12:58 - Aug 23 with 1945 viewsDevz00

Clucas on 12:39 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

For Carroll to start, we'd have to assume Clucas would play the most defensive role, with Mesa on the right, with no Ki which is possible.

I can't see us paying £12m for each of Mesa and Clucas and not starting them.

I just get the impression Clement rates Ki over Carroll. Maybe that's not the case.

It’s hard to guess until we’ve seen more of Mesa but I would have thought he would be the holding player? Clucas has played full back, wing and centre midfield so could probably play as the holding player too but I had him down as the wide player. Tom Carroll put two lovely deliveries in on the highlights again last night from set pieces. One resulting in a goal. I’d have him starting too.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Clucas on 13:14 - Aug 23 with 1868 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 12:58 - Aug 23 by Devz00

It’s hard to guess until we’ve seen more of Mesa but I would have thought he would be the holding player? Clucas has played full back, wing and centre midfield so could probably play as the holding player too but I had him down as the wide player. Tom Carroll put two lovely deliveries in on the highlights again last night from set pieces. One resulting in a goal. I’d have him starting too.

Carroll and Clucas can't both be the wide player though - I think Carroll will lose out as I said in my post earlier, this one was responding to how we could play Carroll and Clucas together as they are both left sided players.
Clucas on 13:39 - Aug 23 with 1772 viewspencoedjack

Clucas on 13:14 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

Carroll and Clucas can't both be the wide player though - I think Carroll will lose out as I said in my post earlier, this one was responding to how we could play Carroll and Clucas together as they are both left sided players.

Yep I also think Clucas will play instead of Tom .....also as someone posted earlier think PC is a KI fan (as I am)
Clucas on 13:41 - Aug 23 with 1755 viewsPrivate_Partz

Still no scarf held aloft?? God knows how Jenkins is going to sign another three players in time especially when he has not even targeted a CB. Regardless of where Clucas plays....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024